PDA

View Full Version : any one still run traditional river jet boats

cook1
06-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Just wondering if anyone runs the traditional alum river boat with any performance mods. I run a 21 ft alum jetcraft with a stroked 501 bbf edelbrock heads roller hyd came lighting headers with an aggressor pump. I run it in shallow water and have even managed to hit a few rocks.

dirtman
06-03-2004, 03:51 PM
http://www.eagleracing.ca/

canuck1
06-03-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by cook1
Just wondering if anyone runs the traditional alum river boat with any performance mods. I run a 21 ft alum jetcraft with a stroked 501 bbf edelbrock heads roller hyd came lighting headers with an aggressor pump. I run it in shallow water and have even managed to hit a few rocks.
Is there anything else?

quiet riot
06-03-2004, 07:47 PM
I don't know if its what you call traditional but alum and rivers are the most fun I've had on the water. I finally got the new motor tuned ok (stroked small block ford) so I'm gonna see what it'll do this weekend.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1036.jpg
It sure jumps to 50 mph pretty fast but I haven't been able to stay in it yet as its been too lean reading the plugs. 8 jet sizes up later and I finally got descent color on the plugs so now its time to play again (yeah, I know, I need a bigger carb but that might have to wait a little while.)
Oh yeah, it had some origins with jetcraft also.
jd

ssanddemon
06-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Riotman, you're the first guy I've seen in the Portland area on this board. Finally getting my CVX on the water this weekend (I hope) for the first time. Fired her up for the first time today, pump parts supposed to be here tomorrow. Maybe we can meet up at Hagg or something this summer. There's one other guy around here somewhere named Doug something-or-other I know thru RJB, don't know if he has a boat yet.
Mike T.

Aluminum Squirt
06-04-2004, 12:30 AM
You may call it "hitting a few rocks", I call it adjusting my hull for better performance. Try that in a fiberglass boat!-Aluminum Squirt

quiet riot
06-04-2004, 02:34 AM
Sandmon, Theres a few around here. 396z, cruzer, hp350sc and a few others. We should all go to the cdba drags on june 19 and 20th at dexter reservoir outside of Eugene. Raced with em a few times and as long as the boat is up to snuff I'll prob do a few this summer also.
jd

ssanddemon
06-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Pump parts showed up today, YIPEE!! Gonna splash 'er tomorrow.
Got the week of the 12th thru 20th off, gonna be at tenmile all week, coming back around Sat. Gotta go right past Eugene on the way back with my boat. Let's see if we can plan ahead and meet up at the drags!
Mike T.

CxCx
06-05-2004, 01:07 AM
I saw one going somewhere yesterday. You guys know where they run them up here(WA)? CxCx

berk
06-05-2004, 01:14 PM
hey quiet riot and ssandemon, i live in ptown, got an aluminum boat too. you should guide me up some local rivers sometime! i havent hit the crackinyourass (clackamas) yet. ssandemon, is that a cvx 20? those have to be the sweetest looking glass hulls around in my op/. love to see one in action. oh about perf mods to aluminum< is 110mph modded enough? thats what some tin cans are pushing on the river race circuit.

fullwood
06-05-2004, 10:41 PM
i'am in the process of building mine right know hopefully be done by mid july!!

fullwood
06-05-2004, 10:42 PM
it's kindof dark and on a trailer that doesn't fit it but heres another pic!!

berk
06-06-2004, 08:31 AM
fullwood thats real sweet! how did you come up with patterns for that? how long is it? whats the power gunna be? more pics please!

fullwood
06-06-2004, 09:04 AM
It was my own design. I paid a boat builder/fabricator to build it for me. It is 19.5 inches long, has a 63 inch wide bottom piece, radius bottom, shoed intake set a four degrees, single broke sides and deck, radiused windscreen, sides are tapered out and up on the gunnels, swim steps, and i think that's it!

fullwood
06-06-2004, 09:14 AM
forgot to tell you about power. Chevy 406 small block with Airflow Research 220 cc race ready heads, t&d shaft mount rockers, comp solid roller cam custom grind, dart wilson intake with 800 cfm double pumper, 9:1 compression (because of latter blower install i don't want it to high), Scat forged crank and h-beam rods, studed main 509 casting number block (supposedly the best 400 block from factory without going to aftermarket), JE pistons, Kodiak centerriser exhaust manifolds, Barry Grant mechanical fuel pump, powermaster starter (haven't got yet). I think thats it motor is gonna be done in about 2 weeks. My next project is painting the boat, which will probably be tangerine with silver scallops. Then it will be rigged with all the gauges, carpet, controls, corbeau seats, hatch cover with hoodscoop, etc. Ready to go tear up some river!!

berk
06-06-2004, 06:04 PM
nice work. what a big project! i got a buick motor in the basement i want to build around. please post the painted pics, i am thinking about doing orange on mine also. what thickness did you go with for the bottom? i got corbeaus in our mine and i have to say they arent as nice as they look. they are uncomfortable and the fuzzy texture pics up every dirt/aluminum shaving and holds it like it belongs there. i want some that recline so we can kickit. looks great though my congrats.
cook1, please post pics of your boat:)

Aluminum Squirt
06-07-2004, 12:14 AM
Holy Crap fullwood, that looks great. Is is going to be set up white water style with a cage or are you building an aluminum boat for fun. You should come racing. It looks great. More pictures please-Aluminum Squirt