PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for OP6C 7 in 24 Hours...

HBjet
06-03-2004, 07:21 PM
How ready are you?
Me.....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20ready001.jpg
Yeah Yeah, I should have started my trailer lowering project after this weekend.... and I have to work a full day tomorrow too...
trailer had welded on fenders. Got some new raw ones which I need to rattle can for this weekend after I mock them up tonight. Then when I get back I will take them to the chromers.
HBjet:D

OutCole'd
06-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Wow, Good Luck !!
Who needs fenders anyway.

MudPumper
06-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Holy shit Randy, nothing like waiting till the last minute!!!! Have fun and be safe!!!!:D

wrightnow
06-03-2004, 11:02 PM
And I thought I was pushing it....
Mark

Mandelon
06-03-2004, 11:29 PM
So how late do you think you will be???
It is midnight now and I am still up doing paperwork, post whoring and burning CD's. Supposed to be leaving at 5 am........4.5 hours from now.
Bring on the red bull I guess.
Are you gonna work all night on it? Good Luck.

HBjet
06-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Well, I have one more coat of black paint to go. The boat is still on jacks half in and half out of the garage. MissHBjet is off all day tomorrow, and my neighbor still needs to weld up one more thing on the trailer. We could have finished it tonight, but we needed to do a little more grinding and didn't want to piss off the other neighbors too much. So, all I really need to do tomorrow in the AM is weld and do some grinding. (7am isn't to early is it?) then I will spray another coat of black again in the morning. Come home at lunch, install them and the wheels. MissHBjet (she doesn't know this yet) needs to run over to MPD and pick up my driveline (had a little mod done to it) so when I get home from work (probably 3:30-4pm... hey, its Friday) I can instal that, and then clean the boat/motor/interior. MissHBjet will do the food shopping during the day and pack everything. So, I think we will make 8pm no problem....
Damn, I forgot, I need to get a hair cut tomorrow too.... looks like we might be a little later!
HBjet

HBjet
06-04-2004, 07:21 AM
Fenders on and looking good! MissHBjet just left for the store to buy food for the weekend... Man am I tired....:(
HBjet

HavasuDreamin'
06-04-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by HBjet
Man am I tired....:( HBjet
Don't worry, the 5 hour drive is just around the corner. :p

roostwear
06-04-2004, 07:43 AM
Sure wish I could fit the boat in my garage. Have fun at OP6!

Jordy
06-04-2004, 08:08 AM
You did Mexi-chrome the fenders right? :D

HBjet
06-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
You did Mexi-chrome the fenders right? :D
No no.... flat black....

HBjet
06-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
Don't worry, the 5 hour drive is just around the corner. :p
thanks... I can't wait.
More RedBull please...

rivercrazy
06-04-2004, 08:54 AM
You like working under pressure don't you Randy! Sounds like a familar story! :D

WILDERTHANU
06-04-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by HBjet
How ready are you?
Me.....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20ready001.jpg
Yeah Yeah, I should have started my trailer lowering project after this weekend.... HBjet:D
YOU PUTTING IT ON 20'S????

HotHallet
06-04-2004, 10:56 AM
This is all my fault! I was ragging on Randy a few weeks ago at El Cap lake about his trailer being a 4x4! Finally someone is tricking out their trailer! Have fun Randy at OP6C. I am heading up to Needles next weekend. Lets get a trip planned to Big River. I am dying to try that place especially since I want to buy a trailer next year and trying to figure out where to put it !

Taylorman
06-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Why did you lower your trailer. I have a friend with a pretty low trailer and its always dragging the ground.

HotHallet
06-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Because it looks bitchin!!!!

shaun
06-04-2004, 12:00 PM
I'm not sure if my trailer is lowered but i always have trouble with the ass end scraping. In fact it did it so much that it busted the rear support in half and now theres a ghetto ass plate on it with bolts thru it and a crap weld job. This was back when my parents owned it and well my uncle ghetto riged it. I'm hoping to either find a new trailer (since this one is too big anyway for the boat) or get this trailer cleared up. Moral... dont go too low :) Rather the boat be alittle higher than closer to the ground where shit can nail it.

Taylorman
06-04-2004, 01:20 PM
That is just what my friend has problems with. He almost took out the rear support the other day and now its bent to hell.

HBjet
06-04-2004, 01:38 PM
My trailer was extremely high. The springs were on top of the axls and launching at Big River, if the water wasn't all the way up, I have to drive pretty far in with the truck because the bottom gets pretty flat and the boat isn't low enough to float off... and it looked funny. Now, the springs are on the bottom of the axls and it sits normal. I will see if there is any scrapping problems this weekend.
HBjet

superdave013
06-04-2004, 01:58 PM
HB, I'm pretty sure I have some fenders you can have for the trip if you want. You'll need to rattle can over the orange but it beats doing it to your new ones.
Give me a call pretty soon if you want them.
714 814 2503