PDA

View Full Version : Who keeps their boat at Affordable Boat Storage?

goneboatin
06-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Do you keep your boat at Affordable Boat Storage? If you do, have you had your spot locked because they didn't receive the rent on time only because they mailed the bill out late? They say it's due to the mail being slow - if that's the case why don't mail the bills out earlier? Or send a coupon book? It's a great place to keep the boat, but their bookkeeping sucks.

GlastronGuy
06-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Rant = 1/10 ;)
Is it a surprise to you when you get a bill for it each month?
I mean come on. You know where the boat is, how much it costs and when it's due. If they're being dicks about it, pay in advance or find another place. In fact, I have room here, leave me the keys.
:)

goneboatin
06-04-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
If you're referring to the Affordable Storage at Big River, I do and I also had problems.
It is one and the same.
I've asked about just mailing in the rent in early without the bill, but they say their bookkeeping system won't acknowlege it without the payment coupon - the one they have to mail to me each month. They screw up and we still have to pay for their mistake. It's a nice storage place, but they've got everyone by the cojones.

goneboatin
06-04-2004, 11:28 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: grrrrrrr!

ahhell
06-05-2004, 05:57 AM
I just throw mine in the back yard....in the process of building a cover, and my backyard neighbor isnt too close to mind:)
Maybe its time to open a boat storage lot:idea:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1518107_0757-med.jpg

bigq
06-05-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by ahhell
I just throw mine in the back yard....in the process of building a cover, and my backyard neighbor isnt too close to mind:)
Maybe its time to open a boat storage lot:idea:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1518107_0757-med.jpg
Nice!:D
The only affordable place left to live in California.;)

Kachina26
06-05-2004, 07:06 AM
Double pay one month and then you'll always be ahead regardless of when the bill shows up;) Hey ahhell, come plant me some grass like that.

mbrown2
06-05-2004, 08:24 AM
I use them and have never had an issue...I use Bill Pay and pay in advance, but good book keeping in Earp is hard to come by:)

ahhell
06-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Hey ahhell, come plant me some grass like that.
Cal Herbolds____.25 a sq.ft. and two teenage boys, cheap and easy ;)

goneboatin
06-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Double pay one month and then you'll always be ahead regardless of when the bill shows up;)
My wife, (who pays the bill), called and asked that question and she was told that if we have a credit, we won't be sent an invoice showing our balance - only unless we owe.
What the hell kind of bookkeeping is this?:confused: :mad: :yuk:

bigq
06-06-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by goneboatin
My wife, (who pays the bill), called and asked that question and she was told that if we have a credit, we won't be sent an invoice showing our balance - only unless we owe.
What the hell kind of bookkeeping is this?:confused: :mad: :yuk:
If you dont owe why would they send an invoice?:confused:

goneboatin
06-06-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by bigq
If you dont owe why would they send an invoice?:confused:
....because it is an account statement....:rolleyes:

goneboatin
06-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
They basically told us, point blank, "Don't pay until you get a bill, don't overpay."
How can you deal with this kind of thinking?:confused: :confused:

dr. margarita
06-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Sunbelt Storage in Big River. Very nice, 35 ft. private storage bay. I pay a year in advance and it ends up costing me about $85 per month.

goneboatin
06-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Affordable Boat Storage....it's just their accounting practices are so f'd up. :mad: :yuk: :mad: