PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Going Out - Long Beach???

Three Days Only
06-04-2004, 07:57 AM
So, were going out to run in Lake Pacifica saturday morning. Were launching out of Long Beach around 9:00am, anyone else going out? We have no plans except just to blast around off the coast and end up back at the Yard House for some cocktails.
Anyone, Anyone?????????

jackpunx
06-04-2004, 08:21 AM
DUDE!!..
you took your boat home?..

79 HUSTLER
06-04-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
So, were going out to run in Lake Pacifica saturday morning. Were launching out of Long Beach around 9:00am, anyone else going out? We have no plans except just to blast around off the coast and end up back at the Yard House for some cocktails.
Anyone, Anyone?????????
Bringing my boat home for a few weeks to do some mods and am thinking of launching in the big blue for its first time in the ocean.. Still thinking about it, the thought of all the cleaning does not really turn me on.

Three Days Only
06-04-2004, 08:35 AM
Mark,
Dude, Its home, and heading out tommorow. Mark you IN or are you OUT. Call me, you know the number sucker
79 Hustler,
Its not that much work cleaning the boat after the salt, infact, I think it is harder to clean them after the Havasu trips that water is hard as hell. The only issue for you, is your trailer, It's going to rust, so you need to clean and flush the shit out of it. You most likely will not see anything for awhile but after a couple of years it will look like shit. Aluminum baby, its the way to go.
Jeff

79 HUSTLER
06-04-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
79 Hustler,
Its not that much work cleaning the boat after the salt, infact, I think it is harder to clean them after the Havasu trips that water is hard as hell. The only issue for you, is your trailer, It's going to rust, so you need to clean and flush the shit out of it. You most likely will not see anything for awhile but after a couple of years it will look like shit. Aluminum baby, its the way to go.
Jeff [/B]
I have a few different addresses for places that will hoist the SOB in the water and if I do go out that is what I will do. But definately miss going to the yardhouse all the time and the mexican joint next door. Bucket of Corona's and Carne...Life is good. Definatley thinking about next weekend. But first this weekend at C/H and Havi. KELLY

Three Days Only
06-04-2004, 08:51 AM
Kelly,
Just make sure there open when you want to pull it out. I got screwed a couple times that way. The Hoist in redondo is great, $50 round trip, but they are limited to 30'
Jeff

79 HUSTLER
06-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up, was not really even thinking about that. :eek: And that is the one I will more than likely launch at. Got those sucka's by a few inches. KELLY

Three Days Only
06-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Anybody, Anybody!!!!!!!!!!!!

cigarette1
06-04-2004, 02:37 PM
3DO,
I would definately be there except the painter will be finishing some paint repair Saturday ... It should be ready by Sunday (fingers crossed).
I'm jonesin' ... I've been down two weeks
G

AdrenelineOD
06-04-2004, 02:57 PM
I`ll be waving at you from the beach:D

Froggystyle
06-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Damn.... need a bigger boat.
That sounds like a blast.

Havasu Cig
06-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Clean up is not as bad as it sounds, but I would not stick your trailer in the water. I bought an aluminum one so I would not have to worry about it. I believe it might even void your warranty from Extreme.
When I was trailer shopping I checked with Extreme before buying a MYCO, and they said they would only warranty a Galvanized trailer if it was used in the salt.
As far as the boat goes, Flush the motor with Salt Away, then scrub down the whole boat with soap and water. I do this every time we use ours in the salt, and you can't tell it has ever been in the ocean.
Have fun...:cool:

CAHotRodBoy
06-04-2004, 06:56 PM
Still have to put one of drives back on the Cig before I can get out there. :frown: As soon as that's done I'll be running it hard! :cool:
I spray down the trailer when I launch, then again when I trailer and full scrub down when I get home.

cigarette1
06-07-2004, 10:38 AM
3DO,
What Up ?
PICS ?
I hear the swells were big this past weekend ... yes/no ?
G