PDA

View Full Version : Thank you from The Petrofieds

Mrs. Psycho Squid
06-04-2004, 09:26 AM
As some of you are aware, my husband Skee (Aka Petrofied) was a passanger in a boat involved in a head-on collision at Martinez last weekend. Basically the entire right side of his body was injured including a broken hip. We go to the Orthopedic Surgeon today and I will be sure to keep you updated on his condition.
I just wanted to say thank you to a few very special people. First and foremost is Flathead and his wife Bolton for all of their support. I would have been a complete wreck without them. Next is Rubberduck. He drove me and our boat back to the launch ramp and got it back on the trailer. Trust me - I was in no condition to attempt to drive that thing. Moneysucker - thanks for being Skee's friend when he needs it. And last but not least, thanks to Vic and family at Desert Yaght in Yuma. He stored our boat while we were at the hospital for a few days. Also, to anyone that I did not name thanks for your well wishes, phone calls and support.
Thanks Again,
Angi

BrendellaJet
06-04-2004, 09:40 AM
wow, did not hear about that. Hope eveything is okay and that recovery is speedy.

Bense468
06-04-2004, 09:41 AM
wow...I am sorry to hear that. I hope he gets better soon. Best of luck.
Bense

Nubbs
06-04-2004, 09:44 AM
Get well soon. Glad to hear he survived.
Nubbs

victorfb
06-04-2004, 09:44 AM
thats terrible. i was not aware of this either. im so sorry to hear about the accident. i sure hope he is ok and has a speedy recovery.

MudPumper
06-04-2004, 09:57 AM
Hope Skee has a quick recovery. IF you guys need ANYTHING just ask!!;)
This was posted by Flathead in the Petrofied, Moneysucker and Quack attack thread.
O.K. Here it is. Saturday, Mr. Petrofied went for a ride in ANOTHER boat, (not Petrofied!!) for a test run. Around just north of Rock House, another boat hit them head-on. Skee took the other boat in the passenger seat. (He was in that seat) Due to both drivers attempting to avoid at the last moment. The other boat went OVER the boat SKEE was in , directly over SKEE. He took the hull with his right arm and torso, crushing him through the back of the seat and into the rear seat. Then the other boat came down on his right hip. SKEE sustained a fractured right hip, a badly bruised right arm, and numerous torn ligaments and several cuts. He WILL be O.K. after a lengthy recovery. He has no choice, as I personally will drive him nuts daily until he decides that the pain of moving is MUCH better than my harping on him!!
PETROFIED (the boat) was parked on the sand bar at the time, and was not involved. The involved boat was totalled. several FEET of hull missing! The other partys boat was driven from the scene.
At this time, RUMER CONTROL is in full force, as there are several stories as to how it happened, who is at fault, and why. It will be MR. and MRS. PETROFIED'S decision to discuss the issue further if they decide it is appropriate. As there were many ruffled feathers over the issue, I would ask that others refrain from judgement until the Police report is obtained, and the facts are known.
Just let it be known that we are ALL thankfull that SKEE is still with us. He will need our support and GOOD thoughts.
FLATHEAD.

HotHallet
06-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Skee-Hope you get better soon. Glad to hear so many true hot boaters jumped into help. That's what it is all about. I met you out at El Cap a few weeks ago and really dig your boat man. Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad everything turned out okay. Get well soon man-CBBB is coming up!!!

WILDERTHANU
06-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Very Very sorry to hear this, best of luck to him and his family.