PDA

View Full Version : No more Cali for me

Bow Tie Omega
06-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Well, after being born, raised, leaving and coming back to, I am finally saying enough is enough with California and its ridiculously over inflated economy. The wife, kids and I are leaving for Arizona. We have found a home in a great, new master planned community called Power Ranch. 3250 Sq ft, 3 1/2 car garage, extra deep garage, huge back yard for just under $300,000. Only 2 hours from Blythe. The wife found a great job, I am transferring. It must be meant to be, we just started this whole deal 3 weeks ago, and in 3 weeks we will be there. Here is what $292,000 buys you in Arizona.....

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-04-2004, 11:41 AM
WOW!!! Congrats!!
Your new house looks awesome! Would cost close a million in Orange County, I bet!
We too, hope to move to AZ someday.
Best wishes to ya!!

prosthogod
06-04-2004, 11:43 AM
Awesome. I did the same 15 yrs ago. If you need a dentist , call me, I'm in scottsdale. Our trip time to Havasu is 3 hrs door to door. I finally talked my brother into same thing and he bought a house here a week ago, should be here in July.:cool:

MudPumper
06-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Congratulations on the new house and good luck!!!:)

RacerX
06-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Cool for you:D Not really "cool' because I'm sure it will be HOT but since you're moving from Murietta, you're at least semi used to the heat.:eek:
I too was born here and have lived here my whole life (with the exception of 2 years at Kaneohe Bay on Oahu...living on the Marine base). The economy part doesn't bother ne too much though....we're going to make a KILLING on our house so I've benefitted well from that end.
The (2) things that bother me most about Southern Cal is the traffic / crowds everywhere you go and the over-abundance of rude / question authority / push every behavior envelope attitudes in this state. I know you get that everywhere (unfortanately) but we have more than our fair share.:yuk:

Bow Tie Omega
06-04-2004, 12:01 PM
I know what you are saying about the attitudes, when I first left California, I did not know any better, when I came back, I saw it. Everyone who owns had made alot of money on their homes, but you have to sell the house to see any of that money, then you have to buy another house in SoCal , which is also alot of money. And then there is the fuel, taxes, groceries, daycare, pre school, private school......It all adds up. We will be paying $1000 dollars a month for preschool and daycare for both of our children in a professional facility. Here it is $1800 a month in some lady's home.
It all adds up.

WILDERTHANU
06-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Ya...I dont even want to tell you what I payed for my place.....and its not close to that size!!! Then again, I love the beach way too much to leave s.cal....

BrendellaJet
06-04-2004, 12:07 PM
you'll be back.

Bow Tie Omega
06-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Yeah, the one big down side is no more beach, but the river is a little closer. Our entire family lives in SoCal, so we will be back often for visits. And with the annual Disneyland, Sea World and Zoo passes that my wife had to have, I refuse to let my wife not use those.:D

Bow Tie Omega
06-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Nah, you will be right behind me, you like your money to much to not be able to use it:D Besides, you have no other brothers that are into hot boating

Liberator TJ1984
06-04-2004, 12:13 PM
At least you can spend more time in the Boat since you don't have to mow the Grass:wink: :D

Bow Tie Omega
06-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Yeah, Im backing the "Desert Scaping". I can put all of that yard money towards a new pool:D

4day!!
06-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by BrendellaJet
you'll be back.
No he won't. He won't be able to afford to come back. Enjoy that heat buddy!!

eliminatedsprinter
06-04-2004, 12:20 PM
I am soooooooo jelous. I'm a life long Ca native and I'm so sick of how this state has deteriorated, I'd be out of here in a heartbeat, if I could get an Az transfer and a job for my wife.:cool:

cavey lavey
06-04-2004, 12:20 PM
congrats dude, remember change is good, like cars, your shoes or sometimes even your underware, hehehe. my only ? is will you change your team too? ( GO LAKERS ).

Bow Tie Omega
06-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Absolutely not!!! I will just have to drive home or go see the Lakers beat the crap out of the Suns.:D

Krazy K
06-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
Unfortunately, you run into the same thing in AZ and NV now, because they are both 50% CA expats.
Really? I thought they all were coming up here!
You can get that same type of house up here for that much. 'Course, if I had that much to spend, I'd get an old Victorian type house.
Californians can keep moving here for all I care because as soon as I get my Master's in Education, I'm moving to the southeast.

MKE - POWER
06-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Hey BTO,
way to go! I flew out the 24th and bought a house in Scottsdale.
Packing up the family and leaving O.C. behind; over-priced,over-
regulated, over-populated.
No job yet, but will be expanding my contracting bus there while
commuteing back to Cal for a while.
Can't wait.
Mark

Ducatista
06-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Well I know what you mean about the Cali thing.....good luck to you and family, the house looks awsome by the way.:)
Don't forget you're Laker flags!

Dr. Eagle
06-04-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Bow Tie Omega
. Here is what $292,000 buys you in Arizona.....
Nice place..... Don't forget the salt tablets...

BigDogIvan
06-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Nice looking place and welcome to AZ. Just wondering where Power Ranch is city wise?
BD

jetboater5
06-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Welcome to Az I think you will enjoy your new place, They are doing alot of road construction out that way but once it is completed you will enjoy it. Wanna go to the lake look me up. I only live about 10 miles from your new house. thanks and good luck Tim

Havasu_Dreamin
06-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Congrats! The new house looks awesome! And what a price! That won't buy a shack in So. Cal any more. I just wish I had te nads to make the move to the Phoenix area. Seems to be a way better place to live than here.

Brady Bunch
06-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Invest in Band-Aid from all those cuts and scrapes the kids will get playing in the rock, cactus and dirt front yard. lol
Good luck!!
I am born and raised in So Cal, I cannot bring myself to leaving this beautiful city of San Diego. I just need to keep making more money to fill the tanks for the tow rig!

AZmike
06-04-2004, 03:12 PM
Bowtie,
welcome to the east side!!! Now lets keep the low cost housing to ourselves and not invite anymore californians over here... We don't need more traffic....:D

dmontzsta
06-04-2004, 03:18 PM
NICE! That house is awesome.
You cant even get that good of a deal in MorenoValley. Just dont start rooting for the Phoenix Suns now :D I will keep in touch with you about the progress of my repairs when I start them this winter. Have fun moving in the new house. :D Atleast you are closer to the river now.

v-drive
06-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Make sure my room gets the morning sun only.
:D v-drive (aka) pop

CA Stu
06-04-2004, 05:10 PM
Take about 50 people with you, please.
Thanks
CA Stu

shueman
06-04-2004, 05:27 PM
Big decision. Best of Luck.
The beach is over-rated anyway...:)

bigq
06-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by CA Stu
Take about 50 people with you, please.
Thanks
CA Stu
50,000 please

Dr. Eagle
06-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Phoenix eh? Now about that NBA team you cheer for...
The SUNS???;)
LOL
Don't blame you a bit. I have been down here in So Cal for almost 6 months now and man I miss norcal... But it is getting almost as bad with crowds and since it is the same state, taxes are same-o....
Good luck!

mtndewdrops
06-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Congrats, It appears that things are working themselves out, why not go with it? We have contiplated doing the same thing, but I can't bring myself to list my house.

Doug H.
06-04-2004, 09:08 PM
I just did the same thing but out in Kingman Az. bought our house in Cali 6 years ago for $80.000 and sold last month for $222.000....i was born and raised here all my life but unfortunetly the wrong people are buying and moving in and creating alot of shit, but it's all over in Cali though.
We don't have jobs either when we relocate but we are americans and we will survive, jobs don't keep people around anymore with all the down sizeing and all happening it's not worth the crap or safety of my family.
Im excited to leave and start a new life where things are a little slower paced, kinda like the Barney Fife days.............Doug

Dr. Eagle
06-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Doug H.
Im excited to leave and start a new life where things are a little slower paced, kinda like the Barney Fife days.............Doug
Just the way Folsom was when I moved there 16 years ago... It had 15000 residents of which 8000 were prisoners at Folsom Prison. Now there are around 64000 not counting the prison. So it has changed a lot, for the worse in a lot of ways for the better in others... but it is still in Cali and I hate the commie bastards that the people from SF, LA and SD elect and send to the capitol. Taxes are really stupid. I would move to Nevada or Arizona in a minute... but I probably never will cuz of the wife.

Bow Tie Omega
06-04-2004, 11:47 PM
Thank you guys and girls for all of the encouragement. It is a huge move, alot different going with the family then by myself. We have talked about it for 5-6 years, but the wife kept chickening out. We now both make good money, but $600,000 for a 4 bedroom track house in Temecula is just assenine. So, here we go. We will miss our friends during the winter time, but in the summer, we all go to the river anyways and that will not change. As far as our family is concerned, we have 2 extra bedrooms we are not using, so there is plenty of space for people to visit. On another level, it just comes down to me wanting to give my wife and kids the most I can, this is a way I can do that. Thanks again for all of the support..Joe

Bow Tie Omega
06-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Oh yeah......Go Lakers!!!!!!!:D

SandbarScot
06-05-2004, 02:28 AM
BTO, nice house.
How much did you get for your house in Murrieta?
I've gotta stay cuz of the job, just sold our house and bought a new one couple miles away here in Murrieta.
My daughter goes to Arizona State. I love it out there and will retire someday in AZ.

Flying Tiger
06-05-2004, 03:10 AM
I'll be moving to Arizona myself, best of luck, but having said that
realize:
Your car and truck registrations just doubled, your electric bill just tripeled and your property tax will be up there too.
Any income generated outside Arizona will be subject to Arizona taxes (State and County) as well.
$300,000 no longer even buys a 900 sq ft / 25 year old condo here in Simi.
The baby boomers are starting to hit the retirement phase of their lives,, so Arizona should be a good investment.

RiverRatMike
06-05-2004, 05:00 AM
very nice, I couldn't take CA anymore myself and moved to LHC, AZ last year. I love it here so much better and bought a very nice home...

Cas
06-05-2004, 06:50 AM
Congrats BTO! As you said, sounds like everything just fell into place, the best way for things to happen :)
The only thing I'd suggest is to really look into what the C,C & R's say about what you can and can't do. You might save yourself a bunch of minor headaches by knowing what they say.
For example, I went and did a little job on a house here in Sonoma. When I was done, I got out to my truck to find a "parking violation" because my truck was backed into the owner's driveway. Turns out, the C,C & R's have it written that not vehicle can be parked in the driveway for more than 1 hour.
The homeowner had to go to a special meeting to explain why there was a truck parked in her driveway for 2½ hrs.
What gets me is the person that put the violation on my windsheild saw for himself that I was working on the rear deck....both gates were open, I saw the guy. He could also see that the back of my truck was open as I was using the tailgate as a saw horse to cut the lumber.......always a dick in the crowd :D

ESB
06-05-2004, 07:14 AM
Well its nice to see someone doing things right for the family.
As for the house. I dont like those sideway garages.
COme a little further east to Texas and you can do a whole hell of a lot with $300,000 as far as a home goes.

Bow Tie Omega
06-05-2004, 08:29 AM
I would have loved to move to Lake Havasu or Parker. There was just no work for my wife and I in those areas. I would be worried about my daughter growing up there only becuase I know what I have done there as a teenager and young adult on many occasions:eek:

BarryMac
06-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Bow Tie Omega,
Do you mind if I ask what kind of work you do?
Thanks, gjb

Dr. Eagle
06-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Bow Tie Omega
Oh yeah......Go Lakers!!!!!!!:D
Soon to be GO SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)