PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody used Maverick Marine in Van Nuys?

TheEduKATor
06-04-2004, 03:55 PM
If so are their any pros or cons in their service? A friend referred me to them and they can take our boat this Tuesday and be done the same day all under warranty.

CAHotRodBoy
06-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Eric really knows his sh!t and is SCOPE member. He is not cheap but you get what you pay for. I would highly recommend.

al cole'holic
06-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by TheEduKATor
If so are their any pros or cons in their service? A friend referred me to them and they can take our boat this Tuesday and be done the same day all under warranty.
..he's the only one local I would recommend. Hey that reminds me he is not only a Merc dealer but a Merc warranty dealer as well and may be able to help you with that problem :D

TPI
06-04-2004, 08:07 PM
I would really be surprised if there are any cons. Eric is the most knowledgable marine technician that I know personally. He is very thorough and his time is worth every penny.:D

Uplink
06-05-2004, 12:17 AM
I agree with the above, would highly recommend, Eric is very detail orientated and will check stuff you didn't know existed.
Mark

TheEduKATor
06-05-2004, 08:35 AM
It's nice to get good feedback because I know all shops aren't as honest. He seems like a cool guy. When I told him the boat wouldn't go into foward or reverse, he said, "That's all, bring it in on Tuesday morning and pick it up in the evening. As long as the warranty you have is through mercruiser you won't have to pay a dime" A couple of other shops I called said they couldn't look at it until the 21st of this month and it would probably take up to ten business days to fix for this kind of problem. It's gonna be a long drive to get the work done but I think it will be worth it. Plus it will allow my bro and I to take it out at least one more time before he leaves this month.

al cole'holic
06-05-2004, 08:37 AM
It's nice to get good feedback because I know all shops aren't as honest. He seems like a cool guy. When I told him the boat wouldn't go into foward or reverse, he said, "That's all, bring it in on Tuesday morning and pick it up in the evening. As long as the warranty you have is through mercruiser you won't have to pay a dime" A couple of other shops I called said they couldn't look at it until the 21st of this month and it would probably take up to ten business days to fix for this kind of problem. It's gonna be a long drive to get the work done but I think it will be worth it. Plus it will allow my bro and I to take it out at least one more time before he leaves this month.
...didn't notice you were driving up from SD! Did he know the warranty issue I was talking about already??

TheEduKATor
06-05-2004, 08:43 AM
I asked if he has heard of a recall for this problem and he is not aware of it yet. He said it may take a while for the info to trickle down to every certified merc mechanic. I guess he's just seen it happen before because he know exactly what needs to be done.

TheEduKATor
06-05-2004, 10:56 AM
What's the best way to get there from the Colton, heading 10 west.

al cole'holic
06-05-2004, 11:44 AM
What's the best way to get there from the Colton, heading 10 west.
10 - 57 - 210 - 134 - 101, exit Laurel Canyon go Rt, left on Oxnard, Rt on Kester, Rt on Calvert and he's on the Rt side @ 14832 Calvert...:eek: