PDA

View Full Version : AAA is giving me fits...

MBlaster
04-03-2006, 07:25 PM
I got my boat insured through them 2 weeks ago. Today I get a call from the agent and he tells me that the underwriter will only insure me for half of what I paid for the boat.
I'm like WTF?... I got my cars, truck, motorhome, focken life insurance through AAA and I've been a perfect member for a helluva lot of years!
"Oh he looked up the value in his book and its only worth X amount of dollars." I'm like WTF?
"You need to get a official apprasial to be insured for that amount"
I'm like WTF? Thats how much I paid for the damn thing!!!
So looks like I'll be shopping for boat insurance...
Any suggestions?
PS, have your basic low powered non tunnel family cruiser.

Mandelon
04-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Get two policies....? :p
Try Progressive. They do a lot of the boats on here.
Ask if you can show them some comps. Pull ads from the trader and send them in. They are probably using NADA guides which figure depriciation based on Bayliner values... :rolleyes:

Flying Tiger
04-03-2006, 07:39 PM
We had AAA, nice company, they insure my home and toys, but with AAA and boats you have exclusionary areas.
Here in the SouthWest:
We couldn't launch anyplace near Laughlin, couldn't use the boat in Havasu,, and Parker was from year to year "iffy."
Parker has gone long stretches with no fatals,, and that would decide from season to season.
Westmar has full replacement value for their policies, and they were just a few bux more.
866 241 2628

Midlife Advantage
04-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Yup, Progressive :)

Restless22
04-03-2006, 07:53 PM
PM me.....I work for AAA NorCal and may be able to help you.
Mrs. Restless22 <----(under Mr.'s name right now)

MBlaster
04-03-2006, 08:00 PM
We had AAA, nice company, they insure my home and toys, but with AAA and boats you have exclusionary areas.
Here in the SouthWest:
We couldn't launch anyplace near Laughlin, couldn't use the boat in Havasu,, and Parker was from year to year "iffy."
Parker has gone long stretches with no fatals,, and that would decide from season to season.
Westmar has full replacement value for their policies, and they were just a few bux more.
866 241 2628
I went with AAA SoCal because they no longer have any exclusions on where you can boat.
That is official.
Now if I could just get the boat insured for what I paid... :mad:

INSman
04-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Ask the brain surgeon if he has ever heard the common insurance term "Stated Value" ??!!?? :220v:

Riomouse911
04-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Ive used Westmar for years on all three of the boats I've owned, never had a problem, never been excluded from specific waters, etc...

KLEPTOW
04-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Here in the SouthWest:
866 241 2628
They do that as a deterant, it's not legal you can not red line in the state of California.