PDA

View Full Version : Paging Mandellon

Kachina26
06-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Hey, I'm lucky enough to have been invited to a wedding during the prime of boating season:rolleyes: Anyway, it's down at the country club in Escondido. I really don't wanna pay $180 a night, so I was thinking about the "best value inn and suites" . It is off of Washington and Centre sts just east of the 15. How is the neighborhood there?

LASERRAY
06-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Hey, I'm lucky enough to have been invited to a wedding during the prime of boating season:rolleyes: Anyway, it's down at the country club in Escondido. I really don't wanna pay $180 a night, so I was thinking about the "best value inn and suites" . It is off of Washington and Centre sts just east of the 15. How is the neighborhood there? Hey Randy, Mandy's sucking down Bloody Marys right about now. Bastards! :D

Lightning
06-05-2004, 08:34 AM
It's not the best and not the worst neighborhood - but what does it really matter. You're going to a wedding and then crashing in the hotel for a night, correct?

Kachina26
06-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Well, actually I have to show up Friday as the wife is a bridesmaid then find something to do saturday until the wedding at 5 and then crash. Just so long as there aren't crackheads dealing in the parking lot. I had that happen once in LA, I didn't know if my ride was still gonna be outside in the AM. As for Mandellon, good for him. I have raffle tickets to that thing but I'm guessing I gotta be there to win:(

BarryMac
06-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Hi Kachina26,
I live in Escondido, I wouldn't suggest that hotel, the area is a little shaky at best, there is a Best Western not to far from the Escondido CC, it is on the corner of Seven Oaks Rd and El Norte Pkwy, (760) 740-1700, not sure of the rates but I am pretty sure it is less than $180.00 a night (that is steep for Dido).
gjb out...;)

Kachina26
06-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Thanx much, I will check it out. I might have to find a way to occupy my time on Saturday while the wife is with the girls getting hair doos and junk. What's there to do?

BarryMac
06-06-2004, 12:18 PM
A few things that come to mind are San Diego Wild Animal Park, it is on the far East end of town, pretty cool place to visit, Temecula has a pretty cool wine country, wine tasting and good food, it is about 30 minutes North, Solana Beach / Del Mar are 15 miles West, bitchen beachy town with some cool shops on Hwy. 101.