PDA

View Full Version : Nice eBay Boat for a change

El Prosecutor
04-03-2006, 07:41 PM
This is a cool classic looking boat - '76 CeeBee Avenger. I have never seen a split deck like that, pretty cool design. The overall hull design reminds me of SmokinLowriderSS' Taylor in a way. Doesn't say anything about triple digit speeds, either. All in all a great eBay listing!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jet-Boats_W0QQitemZ4627831810QQcategoryZ80653QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3252CeeBee_Avenger.jpg

sdba069
04-03-2006, 08:04 PM
I have one of those that hasn't been run in years and Devilman has one that he runs pretty much every boatable weekend.

Devilman
04-04-2006, 03:42 AM
I saw that yesterday, wish they had a few more pictures... Wish the dash in mine was clean & original like that one & not hacked for a CD player as well. Mine is a '77 model.... I've only seen a few other ones like it, one being the one at Mr. Snow's shop.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2812jetfest07.jpg
Mr. Snow, lookin forward to seein you up there on the river some time this summer. :cool: :rollside:

atxwrangler
04-04-2006, 03:54 AM
that is a super clean boat!very nice! :cool:

Squirtcha?
04-04-2006, 04:05 AM
D man. The boat looks to be quite a bit wider than most the 18's out there. I can't tell if it's an optical illusion, or if it really is. Have you ever measured yours gunnel to gunnel?
http://i2.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/c2/bc/ag_1.JPG

Devilman
04-04-2006, 04:13 AM
No Squirtcha, I sure haven't. But just for grins, I can do it this evening. Give me an excuse to uncover the boat.:D

Devilman
04-04-2006, 04:14 AM
that is a super clean boat!very nice! :cool:
Goin on Marty? Doin alright?

atxwrangler
04-04-2006, 04:18 AM
busy, just got off nights this morn. been workin on getting the new motor put together.can you say SWEEEET?

Devilman
04-04-2006, 04:28 AM
busy, just got off nights this morn. been workin on getting the new motor put together.can you say SWEEEET?
Hadn't talked to you in awhile, we been busy as hell ourselves.
Heelll yeah, I can say SWEET! You find all the stuff you were lookin for? Be time to start puttin it in the water on a regular basis before too long, ya know! :cool:

atxwrangler
04-04-2006, 04:32 AM
The Block Is In The Machine Shop,all Parts Are On Their Way, Should Be Here Today And Tommorrow!i Can't Wait, I'm Chompin At The Bit.is Your Boat Ready For Summer?

Squirtcha?
04-04-2006, 04:42 AM
No Squirtcha, I sure haven't. But just for grins, I can do it this evening. Give me an excuse to uncover the boat.:D
If it's not too inconvenient. I just know with my 18'er the buckets almost touch in the middle. Although this one only has the one, I can picture it with two and it looks like you could still drive a freight train through the space between.

Devilman
04-04-2006, 05:05 AM
If it's not too inconvenient. I just know with my 18'er the buckets almost touch in the middle. Although this one only has the one, I can picture it with two and it looks like you could still drive a freight train through the space between.
Nah, not a problem at all. When I was rebuilding my seats, I had thought about going with two buckets, but decided to keep it original. Figured that would give it the most room as well.
I don't have any pics of the interior on this computer except these, when I was test fitting the seats. (The diverter handle wasn't in it yet either.) I'll get a measurement this afternoon.... :cool: Give me an excuse to take a pic of the finished interior as well.:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2029new_interior2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2029new_interior1.jpg

sdba069
04-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Hey Dman........... What's this MR. SNOW crap? Didn't know that you knew my Dad. You guys need to start planning a wwekend up here so we can put together a cookout. I hope to have Bert's ride finished up today. I think Black's boat is back together after we did the floor, stringers, transom, and carpet. About got my buddy's boat from Lubbock done, blown TX-19. Things are looking good for a good summer. First drag boat race in less than 3 weeks and still haven't gotten motor parts back from machine for 3 of them plus the Cheyenne is still upside down while I get the keel finished. Hopefully, we'll have that done tonight.

Devilman
04-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Hey Dman........... What's this MR. SNOW crap? Didn't know that you knew my Dad. You guys need to start planning a wwekend up here so we can put together a cookout. I hope to have Bert's ride finished up today. I think Black's boat is back together after we did the floor, stringers, transom, and carpet. About got my buddy's boat from Lubbock done, blown TX-19. Things are looking good for a good summer. First drag boat race in less than 3 weeks and still haven't gotten motor parts back from machine for 3 of them plus the Cheyenne is still upside down while I get the keel finished. Hopefully, we'll have that done tonight.
LOL. Ok, make it Garry.:D
Greaser had said you were real close with his & they got Blacks back together in the last few days as well. I know we'll be heading up there again sometime in the summer, just not sure as to when. Oldbuck hasn't been up there botherin you to death about his?:D
Glad to hear everything is moving along for you, sounds like you have a full plate. I saw the pics of Cheyenne, looked awesome. Lookin forward to seeing it in person.... Soon as it looks like a weekend on the Brazos, we'll be sure to let you know!

El Prosecutor
04-04-2006, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=Devilman]I saw that yesterday, wish they had a few more pictures... Wish the dash in mine was clean & original like that one & not hacked for a CD player as well. Mine is a '77 model.... I've only seen a few other ones like it, one being the one at Mr. Snow's shop.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2812jetfest07.jpg
QUOTE]
D-man that is a great boat. I forgot about it when I started the thread, but actually have a picture of your boat saved on my computer. I saw the "notch" or "split" on the deck of the eBay boat right away, but hadn't noticed it on yours until today. That is a really trick feature - one of those detail things that makes 'em stand out. If only I had the $$$ and the room for another boat. . .

taylormanss
04-04-2006, 09:04 PM
what ?

Devilman
04-05-2006, 04:14 AM
D man. The boat looks to be quite a bit wider than most the 18's out there. I can't tell if it's an optical illusion, or if it really is. Have you ever measured yours gunnel to gunnel?
http://i2.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/c2/bc/ag_1.JPG
Hey, Squirtcha.
Took a tape measure to it last night, right behind the driver seat. 64" gunnel to gunnel. Took a couple of pics as well, but didn't get them off the camera yet. Honestly not any different than that layout pictured, other than my diverter control right beside my seat. It has enough room for the seat to damn near swivel full circle....

El Prosecutor
04-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Winning bid: US $6,150.00
Guess somebody besides me liked it quite a bit. . .

Squirtcha?
04-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Hey, Squirtcha.
Took a tape measure to it last night, right behind the driver seat. 64" gunnel to gunnel. Took a couple of pics as well, but didn't get them off the camera yet. Honestly not any different than that layout pictured, other than my diverter control right beside my seat. It has enough room for the seat to damn near swivel full circle....
No wonder it looks so wide................It is! Mine is only 56" at it's widest point.
I don't want to jinx ya, but I'm kinda surprised that both boats (yours and the one that just sold) still have their windshields. Most the hulls (around our year) that came with a windscreen have long since lost em.

Devilman
04-10-2006, 03:44 AM
Winning bid: US $6,150.00
Guess somebody besides me liked it quite a bit. . .
Wasn't me.....:D 6 grand, thats not bad, I wouldn't think. That's about what I've got in mine including the purchase price. Not a bad way to spend money in my opinion.:D Thanks for the compliments on the boat BTW.:cool:
No wonder it looks so wide................It is! Mine is only 56" at it's widest point.
I don't want to jinx ya, but I'm kinda surprised that both boats (yours and the one that just sold) still have their windshields. Most the hulls (around our year) that came with a windscreen have long since lost em.
Tell me about it. Driver's side on mine is cracked, but not terribly noticeable. Up until a few months ago, they were still available from the manufacturer, for a pretty good-size chunk of change. Couldn't afford them at the time so I had to pass it up, may be a pair or two left, I know it wasn't many....
Seems like people leaning on them getting in & out of the boat is what would do them in. I see to it nobody leans on mine, to keep me from having to find out about replacements. :crossx: :D