PDA

View Full Version : Texas here

Sweet Addiction
06-06-2004, 03:42 PM
San Marcos TX
Just replying to those that are here in Texas.
I am a new member and really appreciate all the info and tips I can get about what I should do to my boat.
I am down here at San Marcos, and I usually like to go to Lake Travis and hang out in Devil's cove.
If you ain't bringing heat then don't bring it at all.
Later.

460rogers
06-06-2004, 06:36 PM
HOWDY

Greaser
06-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the board:D

bigd1
06-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Dallas. Lake Lewisville.

baja204
06-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Katy Texas here and have a safe summer, look us up if your around Houston and the San Jacinto River
Rebel Yell
92 204

Shark In The Pond
06-14-2004, 03:55 PM
West Tx. lake Alan Henry :cool: Grew up on lake Lewisville though

OGShocker
06-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Shark In The Pond
West Tx. lake Alan Henry :cool: Grew up on lake Lewisville though
You forgot to mention how much you like Havasu.:D

vdrivenman
06-14-2004, 05:37 PM
rayburn was pretty windy, but rattlesnake island cove was ok. saw about 8 big boats,3 jets and our vdrive. it slicked off around 5:30p and the game warden was not around so made a couple of hard passes.
old boat sets quik with those 15%, but didn't have the B@!!$ to push the button, besides mama was in the boat with me.
i am still going to try & make it up to sommerville one weekend !

dawgdude
06-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Vdrivenman,,,hows Rayburn these days. I used to visit it quite often bout 7 or 8 years ago. Had a brother-in-law that had a place in Zavala. Used to launch my old Sleekcraft Jet at casle boykin there off 147 and run down to the dam. Used to be nice up there. Clear calm water. He still has his place up there just haven't been.

vdrivenman
06-15-2004, 02:51 AM
Hi Dd !
rayburn is still clear cool lake with lotta's nice sandy beaches.
zavalla & boykins is north of where we hang at twin dikes. not to many jets and v's around, more pickle forks w clamp-ons & bigger inboards now seem the thing.
rattle snake just out from twin dikes boat ramps is the spot or over on ebenzer by the dam.
we try & go every weekend. we keep our trailer in an rv park during summer months.if you decide to come down,PM me.
i want to try & make at least one function this year !

Hotcrusader76
06-15-2004, 04:21 AM
Will be completely relocated there in Dec.2004. Can't wait!!
~Ty

Sweet Addiction
06-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Anyone ever heard or Go to Cedar Creek Lake over near corsicana and Athens? Usually go there because my folks have a place in that lake.
Just wanted to know some opinions of the lake.

Shark In The Pond
06-19-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
You forgot to mention how much you like Havasu.:D
Indeed Shocker Havasu was great wish I were closer . Was great to meet you and Tom while we were there .

PGF545
06-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Drivn'm, My inlaws used to live at Canyon Lake and we would ski up there...the water was great and would be calm in the mornings. Also there are some boat races this weekend in Ft Worth and next weekend in Waco, if you make it to Waco I will be there with the Madness TFH...stop by and say hi.
Bernie

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-19-2004, 11:12 PM
:D :cool: :cool:

Sweet Addiction
06-22-2004, 11:23 AM
PGF545 thanks for the invite. Normally I stay around here and hit up the local lakes. Some time in a few days I am taking it in because my Gimble Ring went out, and its going to be a Bitch to replace. Maybe when my boat is in its right mind and I get my goodies all on it I will venture to some boat races or various lakes with you guys.
Normally I head to Lake Travis, and its pretty crazy. I have not spent much time on that lake so I am still exploring up and down the river and most of the time I find myself and friends headed into Devils Cove for a few frosty Beverages.

fishboy
06-23-2004, 03:39 PM
I live in houston but we have a place on Travis,we spend time here on Clear Lake, Lake Houston,San Jacinto river.We plan on moving back to Austin in 2 to 3 years when our son gets out of high school

19cobaltcd
06-24-2004, 08:49 AM
Tell a guy about Lake Travis, been down there every summer to Austin the last 4 years, was just there last weekend, but I've never brought the boat. Never even made it out to the lake. Is the water nice? Any sandy beaches to hang out on? My oldest kid has lived in Austin for about 5 years now, got married last weekend. I was there 2 years ago for the floods of the century when I actually had time to sightsee, hardly left the hotel it was raining so hard. Now the daughter is telling her mom they want to start a family soon and mama aint liking the fact we live so far away from the potential grandchildren, so who knows, I may have to start looking for a job there.:D

spk
06-24-2004, 10:23 AM
spend most of our time on lake rayburn, I own a 2000 Mirage River racer red and white. hang out at the island, most of the side by side testing is done at sandy creek.

ESB
06-24-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by fishboy
Lake Houston,San Jacinto river.
THats my stomping ground. Havnt been out this year :(

Lake Pirate
06-24-2004, 10:49 AM
I'm a Texoma boater myself. But... I'm pretty sure I'm hated on several lakes and waterways. :D

fishboy
06-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 19cobaltcd
Tell a guy about Lake Travis, been down there every summer to Austin the last 4 years, was just there last weekend, but I've never brought the boat. Never even made it out to the lake. Is the water nice? Any sandy beaches to hang out on? My oldest kid has lived in Austin for about 5 years now, got married last weekend. I was there 2 years ago for the floods of the century when I actually had time to sightsee, hardly left the hotel it was raining so hard. Now the daughter is telling her mom they want to start a family soon and mama aint liking the fact we live so far away from the potential grandchildren, so who knows, I may have to start looking for a job there.:D Travis is great clear water not a lot of sand beaches but a great lake ,the lake is 60 miles long and up to 200 feet deep.Devil Cove is the big party place lots partying happening there we spend a lot of our time at some cliffs below the Oasis Cantina you doent have to worry about hitting anything unless the lake is over 10 to 15 feet low.We were there in that monsoon 2 years ago in july spent the first week of vacation watching it rain

Sweet Addiction
06-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Hey FishBoy, where are these jumping cliffs that you are talking about? I usually only go from the boat ramp at Manfields Dam to Devils cove but I would like to check these cliffs out, I have not done that in a while.
Thanks Jared

dawgdude
06-25-2004, 07:15 AM
Anybody gonna be at Rayburn for the fourth. What about Vdriveman,,you out there. spk, I see you hang out there. Wheres all the hotrods gonna be. This will be the first time I've been down to Rayburn in mabye 6 or 7 years. I know we used to see some water rods down by the dam.
Funny, I was talkin to Vdriveman on this thread the other day,,telling him bout old days out there and boom,,,bro-n-law calls five minutes later and says FOURTH,,,,,be there!!!!!!
Wish I had the Physco Jet done:( But hey since I aint been in the water in I dont know how long the big boat will have to do. Mabye I'll see some of you down there.

Sweet Addiction
06-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Sounds like you guys are going to have a bad ass time. Never been to Rayburn but my Bro and some of his buddies like to go fishing out there, or maybe they just drink the whole time, but what the hell.
If anyone is going to be in the Austin area on Saturday the 3rd head to devils cove on Lake Tavis. I am trying to get all I can get to go out there. Sure there will be plenty happening.

vdrivenman
06-25-2004, 06:15 PM
DawgDude,
as of now we plan on being there for the 4th. the island is still the spot for most of the boats & t & a.
however if it doesn't stop raining the water level will be so high
there will not be much beach on the north side and none on the south side. spots will be at a premium.
we sold the vdrive last week so guess we will bring the geezer glide(center console) to hang out on !
the game wardens have actually backed off this year xcept for pwc. i did not see them stop one BOAT, two weekends ago and there were quite a few big boats & 3 jets with o/t headers. however they did sit out about 500 yards with binoculars and monitor the drinking.
i'l post or pm u closer to the end of the week. who knows what this weather is going to do !

dawgdude
06-25-2004, 07:33 PM
No s--t on the weather. This stuff has got to end some time soon. Not sure what you do for a living but from your avatar it looks like we might be in the same bis. I've worked more fubars in the last week than I have since the first of the year.
Limmie know towards end of week I might need a heads up on how to get back to that end of the lake. Been a long time. As far as the T&A go,,I'll have to bring my dark sunglasses...Wifey's a hardass about that stuff. lol

ratso
06-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by PGF545
Drivn'm, My inlaws used to live at Canyon Lake and we would ski up there...the water was great and would be calm in the mornings. Also there are some boat races this weekend in Ft Worth and next weekend in Waco, if you make it to Waco I will be there with the Madness TFH...stop by and say hi.
Bernie
Waco has one of the best spots for drags...only trouble is they are way too often blown out or rained out...matter of fact it has been raining since yesterday here.

Rocket2003
06-27-2004, 06:46 AM
East Texas here! (Tyler). Run on lake tyler and with SDBA!:D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/503/1207takeoff_PB_JP.JPG

dawgdude
06-27-2004, 07:01 AM
Rocket2003,,,,man those STV's are the coolest boats!! I've just about decided that when the Jets finished, I'm gonna sell it and buy an wacker project. It's so much easier to run the speeds I'm lookin for, (in my opinion, others may disagree). Really I just can't stay satisfied with anything. I keep looking at that red and white STV over on screamandfly.com..
Famous last words;
Please baby one more boat and I promise no more. :D
Dawgdude

fishboy
06-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Drivn'm Crazy
Hey FishBoy, where are these jumping cliffs that you are talking about? I usually only go from the boat ramp at Manfields Dam to Devils cove but I would like to check these cliffs out, I have not done that in a while.
Thanks Jared When you put in at Manfields just follow the south shore line around over by th Oasis Cantina it is about 3 little inlets (small about 20 yards deep) south of Cantina there is a oval shaped rock in the water by the shore a tree growing out of the rock on south side climb up there cliffs are about 25 to 40 feet high hope you find them( the Oasis Cantina is the place with all the decks it is about half way between Manfield park and Hippy Hollow)

BigDaddy
07-01-2004, 12:16 AM
Lake Dallas-Lewisville , Brazos River , Lake Lavon , Texoma , Ray Hubbard , Possom Kingdom Etc Been to Most of them Except those Crazy South Texas Lakes those Guys are Just To Fast or Maybe its they are just trying to get out of the Way Hhehehe any way nice to See Every one and even the New ones Hope yall Have a Great Summer Take Care BigDaDDy

OldFaithful Squirter
07-01-2004, 08:07 AM
Hey there is a big Jet Boat Rally on Lake Medina just north of San Antonio at a place called Goat Hill Camp this 4th of July weekend! Since there are no scheduled drag boat races for this weekend several of the drag boat guys will be there for just some hot boat fun in the sun! So spread the word that the place to be is Lake Medina's Meeting in the Middle Hot Boat Rally at Goat Hill!!
Jet Boat Rallies is always the Place to Be!!!!
Till then we will Jet'cha Later!!!
for more info check out this web page:
http://groups.msn.com/TexasJettinFamilyandFriends/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=603&LastModified=4675478224844471130
hope to see you all there!!! thanks Kelly