PDA

View Full Version : Water Spots

dupers
06-06-2004, 06:24 PM
What's new in water spot removal on the gelcoat? Man, those spots are tough on the darker areas of my boat. Any tips are definately appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Garrddogg
06-06-2004, 06:33 PM
http://www.attn-to-detail.com/
:D
check out his products its "the shit!":D

FryJet
06-06-2004, 06:47 PM
I use 50/50 mix of vinager and water in a spray bottle. It allways worked great for me. A buddy of mine tried that Ducky stuff and that stuff was junk, it streaked really bad.
F.J.

ahhell
06-06-2004, 07:08 PM
so far the vinegar and water thing works great...if you dont mind smelling like a salad:D

CHEETER-JOE
06-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Ducky!!

goneboatin
06-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Go with Shower Power cleaner. While I'm waiting for the wife to get the trailer to the launch ramp. I take a the SP and spray it on the areas of that I can get from inside the boat. Then take a small towel and get it wet with river water and wipe the cleaner off. When you get the boat out of the water and wipe it down (off the ramp of course), use either 3M or Meguire's wipe and wax, just spray it on before you wipe the boat down, a section at a time. Do this every time you pull the boat off the water and your boat always looks puss.

Debbolas
06-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Vinegar & Water, or Mequires Boat Cleaner.
(we don't like ducky)
For deep cleaning and conditioning the Frenzy products are great!!!:D

Kim Hanson
06-06-2004, 07:49 PM
When I was in Havasu last year HavasuBarney used the vin & water, it works great.......( . )( . ).......:cool:

Chase
06-07-2004, 07:17 AM
I have found that Captain Phap hull and bottom cleaner is the best stuff I can find..it works awesome.
www.captphab.com

Mr.Havasu
06-07-2004, 08:40 AM
Our spray wax works great on the water spots providing they are only a few days old. Cleans and removes the water spots like vinegar but doesn't remove the wax. It actually applies wax as it removes the spots.
If the spots have been baked on over a week you might have to hand wax( with the waxing frenzy) then just use the spray wax at the boat ramp to keep the shine all summer.
see quote below
Originally posted by roln 20s
Definately give John a call. Does killer work. John, thanks for the Frenzy products- money well spent. I'll be back around Havasu the 25th of the month and pick some more up. Dr Marg won some of you 'Spray Wax' at OP6C--he had forgotten his normal stuff at his storage place, so we were almost SOL. Instead, we tried that Spray Wax. It was better than we could have imagined. It took hard water spots off from the days before that would not come off. Not just cover them up, truely removed them. Not to mention took half the time it does to normally do his wipe down routine. I know he'll be calling you for a Gallon- great product and keep up the good work. EVERYONE needs this stuff.
Michelle- I took a buddy who was with Dr Marg and I at OP6 over to see that Verde model home- his name is Robert. He will be calling you this week- just a heads up :D
Roln 20s

ROZ
06-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by warlock25
just use the spray wax at the boat ramp to keep the shine all summer.
In helping TrojanDan clean up his boat, I noticed how EASY the application of the product. It works really well....

Dr. Eagle
06-07-2004, 09:04 AM
The Colorado River is very high in Calcium content. White Vinegar is just enough acid to cut through the mineral deposits left from water spots.
I have used it when I went to the River, Mead or Havasu and it works well. Meguiars instant detailer is a good follow up. I never cared for Ducky either.

Chase
06-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by warlock25
Our spray wax works great on the water spots providing they are only a few days old. Cleans and removes the water spots like vinegar but doesn't remove the wax. It actually applies wax as it removes the spots.
If the spots have been baked on over a week you might have to hand wax( with the waxing frenzy) then just use the spray wax at the boat ramp to keep the shine all summer.
see quote below
I used to always have to hand wax my boat to get the water spots out, since I am one to not wipe the boat entirely after coming out of the water. The spots would be there for quite some time, however after using the Capt. Phab stuff the spots, and any stains are removed almost instantly by just wiping it on then hosing it off or sponging it down...I couldn't believe it.

Havasu Cig
06-07-2004, 12:07 PM
My vote is for Ducky's....I have used vinegar and water as well, but ducky's seems to work better on the hard spots. I follow up with a spray wax after to remove the streaks.

eliminatedsprinter
06-07-2004, 12:42 PM
I just use vineger and water for water spots at the lake and a little starbrite marine polish or the tough stains after I get home.:cool:

TrojanDan
06-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
In helping TrojanDan clean up his boat, I noticed how EASY the application of the product. It works really well....
It was only easy because I sweated my ass off waxing it first with the Wax Frenzy a few days earlier! ....and did I mention you missed a spot. :D

Sun burners
06-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
In helping TroganDan WTF
Dan was sitting in the shade drinking a fufu drink!

Ziggy
06-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
The Colorado River is very high in Calcium content. White Vinegar is just enough acid to cut through the mineral deposits left from water spots.
I have used it when I went to the River, Mead or Havasu and it works well. Meguiars instant detailer is a good follow up. I never cared for Ducky either.
For years now I have stuck religiously with WHITE vinegar and DISTILLED water 50/50.....a once a month carnuba hand wax keeps it smoove and chiney:D
DUCKY STREAKS as if the duck just slid off your boat with an a-ss full of slime.
BTW--drop a small glass of vinegar in your dishwasher when you start the cycle for those sparkly clean glasses---screw jetdry..lol