PDA

View Full Version : The Hondo is Done

Dragboat Dad
06-06-2004, 08:36 PM
We are pretty much finished with the Hondo, we still have a few odds and ends to finish up, but it runs and is ready to hit the river.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1349113-1310_IMG-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1349113-1312_IMG-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1349113-1314_IMG-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1349113-1311_IMG-med.JPG
We still have to polish some things, finish the plate set-up, find a tach, etc... If you can believe it, it fired right up and runs like a champ. It had to be the smoothest assemble job we've ever had. Thanks Sangerboy for the manifold, carbs and scoop, they worked awesome

Hud
06-06-2004, 08:37 PM
The boat looks good guys!! C'mon!!:cool:

Speedin' Ian
06-06-2004, 08:38 PM
The above post was written by me, I forgot to log my pops out.

dmontzsta
06-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Looks awesome! Be sure to take more pics once it hits the water.

Sangerboy
06-06-2004, 08:54 PM
No problem Ian:D , It's good to see the parts are getting used, rather than sittin on a storage shelf in my building:cool: Can't wait to see it run. hey Ventura County I think we need an IHOP conference and Casitas run here pretty soon:cool:

Speedin' Ian
06-07-2004, 03:44 PM
I posted something in the gear head section, but figured I'd check here also. What is the highest compression you guys run on pump gas and what do you set your timing at? We are running 10:1 and wanted to try and keep it on pump gas if we can. It is a pretty mild motor with some tall gears, so we won't be bumpin' too hard.

HotHallet
06-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Lookin' good Ian! Can't wait to see her run! We will be at Needles next weekend if you want to bring her out and hang!

Fired Up
06-07-2004, 04:56 PM
She looks good once again. Glad you had the time to put her back in shape. And yes, we do need another membership meeting of the Ventura County Hot Boat chapter.

Speedin' Ian
06-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Lookin' good Ian! Can't wait to see her run! We will be at Needles next weekend if you want to bring her out and hang!
We will be at the river, the Kings River that is. I guess we'll have to wait until FC2, but don't expect this boat to start the world on fire, lookin' to hit about 80.
She looks good once again. Glad you had the time to put her back in shape. And yes, we do need another membership meeting of the Ventura County Hot Boat chapter.
That sounds good to me also. When do you think you'll be back in the boat Fired up?

Cousin Bob
06-07-2004, 05:15 PM
I can't wait to see it at the river.
We were there this last weekend, and the river was dead. Everyone must have been recovering from Memorial weekend or something.

Fired Up
06-07-2004, 06:09 PM
I'm back to light duty now. So there should not be a problem cruising/tuning at the lake. Next race.......September! Should be back to full duty by then. Doing a little dominator conversion right now.

GofastRacer
06-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Speedin' Ian
I posted something in the gear head section, but figured I'd check here also. What is the highest compression you guys run on pump gas and what do you set your timing at? We are running 10:1 and wanted to try and keep it on pump gas if we can. It is a pretty mild motor with some tall gears, so we won't be bumpin' too hard.
Ian, looks fantastic:cool: If you're not squeezing the shit out of it, keep the lead at 34 and you should be good with 92 pump stuff!. Of course you could throw in a couple gals of Avgas just to keep the air around ya breathable!. :D :D

DUNDUN
06-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Awesome Ian!!! Glad to hear that there weren't many major headaches. Looks like you finished it right on schedule. I can't wait to see it out there!!!
Brandon :)

ColeTR1
06-07-2004, 07:23 PM
DD looks great!! nice job!!:)

Shi-ada Be Running By Now
06-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Joey she looks Awesome, C'MON!!!!! Can't wait to she her run...Enjoy!! Keep me posted on the inaugural trip..all my best to Mandy, Jack and the voice of reason!!:p

gunslinger
06-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Ian, the boat looks great! Nice job. Lets get together for a Casitas run. I never did find the two turnbuckles and mounting pads for those cav plates. I feel bad about that. Thought those bastards were in the garage somewhere but nada. If any of the Ventura County guys want to go to casitas lets make it happen. I will be starting the LAPD June 30th class, so not much time. The academy is seven months long and all of my time will be dedicated to this.

gunslinger
06-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Ian, give me a call. 805-795-1969.

HotHallet
06-08-2004, 03:31 PM
Only 80 Ian? Gotta love v-drive's. With my jet I had to throw 200 more hp at it, rebuild the pump and add a shoe/rideplate/droop snoot and blue print the bottom of the boat and cut down the impeller to hit 78. Pushing 533 hp and 599 ft/lbs of torque and I will be lucky if I see 80. I'm so v-drive bound! With a mild BBC you are running 80! That's rad!!! Lets get to gether at the riv soon man!!!

06-08-2004, 03:44 PM
How do you, Jack and the Voice plan on getting your four boats plus the fifth wheel to the river??????? Maybe you can build a rack and carry one of the boats on top of the RV....What happened to less is more????
I understand there was a celebrity sighting (Joey) in Upland today? Did the rub out on the truck work???

Speedin' Ian
06-08-2004, 05:13 PM
O.K wher to start
I can't wait to see it at the river.
Cousin Bob rest assured you will be seeing it soon at a river near you!:D
I'm back to light duty now. So there should not be a problem cruising/tuning at the lake. Next race.......September! Should be back to full duty by then. Doing a little dominator conversion right now.
Good to hear it, Im looking forward to seeing you and your boat out at Casitas! I'm sure you can't wait
Ian, looks fantastic If you're not squeezing the shit out of it, keep the lead at 34 and you should be good with 92 pump stuff!. Of course you could throw in a couple gals of Avgas just to keep the air around ya breathable!.
Thanks Art, that's just what I wanted to hear, but that smell would justify the extra couple bucks;)
Awesome Ian!!! Glad to hear that there weren't many major headaches. Looks like you finished it right on schedule. I can't wait to see it out there!!!
Thanks HFK, I'm sure you will build an ever nicer one in the near future!
DD looks great!! nice job!!
on behalf of Dragboat Dad, Thanks
Only 80 Ian? Gotta love v-drive's. With my jet I had to throw 200 more hp at it, rebuild the pump and add a shoe/rideplate/droop snoot and blue print the bottom of the boat and cut down the impeller to hit 78. Pushing 533 hp and 599 ft/lbs of torque and I will be lucky if I see 80. I'm so v-drive bound! With a mild BBC you are running 80! That's rad!!! Lets get to gether at the riv soon man!!!
I don't know what to say besides, V-drives kick ass! I wouldn't feel to bad if I were you, your boat looks great, runs great, and can carry more people:D See you at the river!
I already talked to Gunslinger on the phone, so no need to respond here:D .
Joey she looks Awesome, C'MON!!!!! Can't wait to she her run...Enjoy!! Keep me posted on the inaugural trip..all my best to Mandy, Jack and the voice of reason!!
Ah, I saved the best for last, my buddy four on the floor, I mean Spencer, I mean Shi-ada be Runnin' By Now! See what a day with the B brothers and your buddy Rawl (I'm sure I butchered his name) will do, man did they have some stories, I even heard a message you left from the RD at about 3 in the am! Good job on the $6 tab at the Red Dog, one day when I am in the inner circle with a tab runnin' at the RD I'll know my life is complete. Bobby did a bang up job on the truck, it has never looked so good! I have a few possible dates for the Kings, just let me know what works for you guys. You may want to check with Bobby, he said he might be interested in a trip up there also.
6/25-6/27
7/2-7/4
7/9-7/11

06-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Joey your a beauty!!! I thought I felt an 18 wheeler on my back today......Raul is something else isn't he - but gotta love that guy!! Considering millionaire row and now the tab at the RD - I have arrived. 6/25-6/27 I am scheduled to be in Needles.
7/2-7/4 - might work. 7/9-7/11 I am in Boston on Business. Any weekend though after that I am open at this point...

BILLY.B
06-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Shi-ada Be Running By Now
Joey your a beauty!!! I thought I felt an 18 wheeler on my back today......Raul is something else isn't he - but gotta love that guy!! Considering millionaire row and now the tab at the RD - I have arrived. 6/25-6/27 I am scheduled to be in Needles.
7/2-7/4 - might work. 7/9-7/11 I am in Boston on Business. Any weekend though after that I am open at this point... BUSINESS my ASS. Just another trip to get out of the office and a whole lot of drinking. It's amazing how often these trips are now-a-days...."BOTTOMS UP" :eek: :D .
P.S. How does the PUG get off work to be your wing man C'MON.

Speedin' Ian
06-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Hey Spencer the last weekend in July may work for us, if you guys can't swing it sooner

06-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Ian - perfect lets plan the last weekend in July. Will you leave on Thursday or Friday? Do we need to schedule a place to stay?
P.S. Billy Idol ended up with golf balls in his truck again this past weekend.....Perhaps it wasn't Jack in May!!!!

Boatmike
06-08-2004, 08:45 PM
DD she loooks goood!:D :D :D

Speedin' Ian
06-09-2004, 07:59 AM
The last weekend in July it is. We typically leave Friday morning, but can head up anytime, just let me know what works for you guys. You guys can camp with us, or stay in the hotel (there's a hotel right on the water about a 100yds from our spot) it all depends on what you guys want to do. So Billy Idol wound up with more golf balls in his truck, and all this time you guys were trying tarnish Jack Blacks good name by accusing him of lifting golf balls.
Thanks Boatmike, your boat is looking sweet as well. DO you think you'l make it to the Kings River this summer

Dragboat Dad
06-22-2004, 06:53 AM
Here's some pics from last weekend. Only minor issues, should have it all dialed in this weekend.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1349113-1329_IMG-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1349113-1328_IMG-med.JPG