PDA

View Full Version : Sommerville 6/12

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-07-2004, 03:46 AM
anyone going to lake sommerville on 6/12. the Omega crew intends to be out there in full force weather permitting. Only yellow and black jet on the lake. Feel free to stop by and say hi. We usually hang out down at Pecan.
Omega

Greaser
06-07-2004, 09:28 AM
I will definatly be there. Looking forward to finally meeting you. It has been some pretty good boating around pecan so far. I had a great time out there yesterday.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-07-2004, 10:27 AM
sounds good. I think you already know what my boat looks like. I have not seen yours yet so be looking for me.
Omega

Greaser
06-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Will do. I usually put in at birch, which is right acroos from pecan.

BigMo
06-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Ill be there although i dont have my boat yet but you can look for me on my new supercharged ski!! LOL..
BigMo

Greaser
06-08-2004, 07:04 PM
I will refrain from comment:D
Just kidding, we will see ya out there.

BigMo
06-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Greaser
I will refrain from comment:D
Just kidding, we will see ya out there.
Hey i know you guys dont like PWCs...LOL... but it gets me on the water and will outrun a bunch of jets..lol... :D
Mo

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-11-2004, 05:33 AM
if you see this boat stop by and say hi. oh yeah the interior is a little different this year;) but you get the idea. we will be at pecan around lunch time tomorrow.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523012430-R1-23A-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523012431-R1-0A.jpg
Omega

Greaser
06-11-2004, 09:08 AM
Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

TexasJet
06-11-2004, 09:15 AM
I'll be out there tomorrow, if I get all my yard work done :wink: . He 460 Rogers, what's up with you? Boat done?

baja204
06-11-2004, 09:48 AM
How did the boat run up at Belton, Hope to catch up with you on the water soon. Trying my 4th prop saturday.
David

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-11-2004, 12:27 PM
just checked weather.com and they are calling for no rain until late afternoon 6pm. all systems go....I repeat all systems go. see you guys out there.:)
Omega

ESB
06-13-2004, 08:34 AM
grrrrrrrrrrr I hate all of you.
Well at least untill my boat is water ready.
Its just jelousy so pay no attention my rant.

TexasJet
06-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Omega and I went. Anybody that didn't go didn't miss much. It was windy and very choppy. I counted thirteen boats running around in Pecan Lake at one time all pulling wakeboards or tubes. Needless to say Pecan was rough. Reload for next weekend.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-14-2004, 03:14 AM
good weekend:) at least it didn't rain;) hope to see you guys out there next weekend. weather permitting. I have alot of cleaning up to do on my boat before next trip. It's amazing how much crap gets in your bilge when a freeze plug pops out:eek: it's a good way to ruin a set of ott headers too:frown:
I brought my carb out for ya greaser what happened:confused:
Omega

Greaser
06-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Well, I went out to big creek because I had some family out there camping. I planned on visiting with them for awhile, and then riding over to pecan. But like you said, it was very choppy. I waited till about 6:30, and it was still to windy, so I just went home. I did go back on Sunday, the lake was smooth as you could want, until a storm blew in around 5:30. Counting me, there was a total of 4 jet boats out at pecan. I had a great time. Looking forward to next weekend.
Omega, sorry I didnt get out there, but I got a carb from a friend of mine. A 750, He had it new, never been used. It seemed to work pretty good, except it has a rough idle, and for some reason if I try to run full throttle, I loose fuel pressure. But I can run all day long at half throttle. Any ideas on what that could be?
Im gonna try to do some tuning on the carb this week, after work.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Well, I went out to big creek because I had some family out there camping. I planned on visiting with them for awhile, and then riding over to pecan. But like you said, it was very choppy. I waited till about 6:30, and it was still to windy, so I just went home. I did go back on Sunday, the lake was smooth as you could want, until a storm blew in around 5:30. Counting me, there was a total of 4 jet boats out at pecan. I had a great time. Looking forward to next weekend.
Omega, sorry I didnt get out there, but I got a carb from a friend of mine. A 750, He had it new, never been used. It seemed to work pretty good, except it has a rough idle, and for some reason if I try to run full throttle, I loose fuel pressure. But I can run all day long at half throttle. Any ideas on what that could be?
Im gonna try to do some tuning on the carb this week, after work.
sounds like a fuel pump problem and or too small of a supply line. What kind of fuel pump do you have and how large are the lines running to your fuel pump? If you have an electric fuel pump make sure the anti-siphon valves are removed from the pickup lines in the tank. Too bad we didn't meet up. We did shoot across the lake a couple times. 3 big block jet boats. that must have sounded nice. Glad to hear you found a carb. is a mechanical secondary or a vacuum secondary and is it a marine carb or an automotive carb? hopefully we will be out there again this weekend.
Omega

Greaser
06-14-2004, 07:49 PM
Well, I have a new holley blue fuel pump with 3/8 fuel line from the tanks to the carb. I have the regulator at the factory setting, around 6 1/2 to 7 psi. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
We had a great time out there on sunday. Counting mine, there was 4 jets out at pecan. It was awsome, we were all anchored beside each other. It seemed like everyone out at the park had to come by and check out our boats. And everytime one of us would start up, everyone would stop what they were doing to watch us run. You guys should really try to come out on sunday.
Oh, and the scenery wasnt to bad either:D

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-16-2004, 04:00 AM
Well, I have a new holley blue fuel pump with 3/8 fuel line from the tanks to the carb. I have the regulator at the factory setting, around 6 1/2 to 7 psi. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
We had a great time out there on sunday. Counting mine, there was 4 jets out at pecan. It was awsome, we were all anchored beside each other. It seemed like everyone out at the park had to come by and check out our boats. And everytime one of us would start up, everyone would stop what they were doing to watch us run. You guys should really try to come out on sunday.
Oh, and the scenery wasnt to bad either:D
check to be sure the anti-siphon valves are removed from the tanks. I think your problem definitely stems from a fuel supply issue and not the carb. I will be out there on Saturday again, hopefully. If you have not figured it out by then I will try to help you out.
Omega

Greaser
06-16-2004, 09:02 AM
Thanks, I have a mechanic buddy coming over this evening to take a look at it. Only thing is he knows about cars, and not much about boats, and how things should be set up. But you know haw things work, we could get it sounding good, on the trailer, but it would be different in the water. If your gonna be out there on saturday, I would love for you to take a look, and tell me what you think.
As far as the syphon valves, I pulled the fuel pick up tubes from the tanks, and didnt see anything else. Not sure what a antisyphon valve looks like, or where it would be located. The only thing on my tanks are the fuel pick up lines, and the hole for the fuel fill neck to mount. Ohter than that, its just a hollow tanks

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-16-2004, 09:52 AM
how big are the pickup tubes? they should be at least 3/8 tubing. next question would be what do you have between the tanks and the fuel pump (ie. fuel filters, etc.) also where is your fuel pump mounted in relation to the bottom of your tanks. holley pumps like to push not pull so the pump should be mounted below the bottom of the tanks if possible. do you have a valve between the tanks? if so what size is it. a 3-way 1/4" valve will not suffice. I ditched my valve and went with a tee. As long as you put the tee below the bottom of the tanks it should pull equally and also equalize the tanks.:cool: so far so good, it appears both my tanks are draining equally. I will check you out on Saturday if you don't get it fixed. make sure your fuel filter(s) is not possibly clogged too
Omega

Greaser
06-16-2004, 02:20 PM
My pick up tubes are 3/8, and I have 3/8 fuel line going from both tanks to a T, wich is mounted about the same highth as the pick up tubes. From the T, I have 3/8 fuel line going to the pump, witch is mounted below the bottom of the tanks. From the pump, I have 3/8 fuel line running to the regulator, and it is mounted to the front of the water pump cover on the front of the motor. From the regulator, I have 3/8 fuel line running to a fuel filter, (one of those glass Mr. Gasket fuel filters) that is only about 3 inches from the dual fuel line that supplys the carb. That is how I have my fuel lines ran. I really do appreciate all the help you can give me. I will make sure I have a full cooler with me when I get out there on Saturday. What do you prefer? I'm a Bud light man myself.:D
Oh, I almost forgot. What do you think about fuel/water seperators? Are they worth the money, (about $40) I know its not alot of money, but I dont want to buy one if I dont need one. Thanks again for your help!:D

vdrivenman
06-16-2004, 03:56 PM
to u Texas guyz our Sanger V is on the block if u know anyone interested pm or look under vdrives.
i am hoping to make it up one weekend b4 it sells.
what park , entrance , or ramp do you use to get to pecan ?

Greaser
06-16-2004, 08:19 PM
I always put in at birch, and just shoot across. You can see the shore of pecan from the ramps at birch.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-17-2004, 04:00 AM
I usually launch at yegua and head north to pecan. it will be on the north side of the lake (opposite the dam) on the left hand side coming from yegua or overlook. Look forward to meeting you guys and slamming a few brews.
Greaser so far your setup sounds pretty good. your regulator might be the problem. I will have to check it out personally to get a better idea.
vdriveman. you want to trade for a jet boat?;)
I am not sure yet if Miss Omega_bubble_jet will make it this weekend. she got pretty bbq'd last weekend.
I think the weather is supposed to be nice!:)
Omega

Greaser
06-17-2004, 09:03 AM
I was thinking that my problem might be the regulator. I will make sure I bring an extra one with me. Im sure that one of my buddies will have one laying around somewhere. Hopefully it will be a great day. Weather sounds promising.
My mechanic buddy came by yesterday, and took a look at my idleing problem. He said it wasnt a rough idle, it was a miss. So he took a look at the plugs, and they checked out. He came to the conclusion that I need a new distributor, mine has slack in the shaft, and was leting a little oil in the cap. So I will have a new one put in by saturday.