PDA

View Full Version : Hey Serious Issues and Flat Nasty

BigBoyToys
06-07-2004, 04:34 AM
In a quote from the SSRS website from the River Days in Bullhead City this past weekend, " There were also two rookie drivers, one of which may have grabbed some people's attention as it was driven by a woman. Not very typical in the flat bottom ranks. We hope that she does well in the future."
Was that you guys? If so, what heappened, engine broke? Sure wished that they would have at least put you name up there Nikki ;)

Mrs. Serious Issues
06-07-2004, 07:13 AM
Yep, that was us.... had a great time, everything was going great until the 2nd heat on Saturday... came out of the corner, headed down the straight and BOOM! Piston decided to eject itself through the side of the block.
Now accepting donations, trying to make Long Beach!

BigBoyToys
06-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Mrs. Serious Issues
Yep, that was us.... had a great time, everything was going great until the 2nd heat on Saturday... came out of the corner, headed down the straight and BOOM! Piston decided to eject itself through the side of the block.
Now accepting donations, trying to make Long Beach!
Yikes! Sorry to hear about the engine problems. Not a great way to start off your racing career huh? Well, if I were you I'd give the engine builder a piece of your mind;) :D

Mrs. Serious Issues
06-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Nope, not a good start! Oh well... it happens! We'll get another one together ASAP! Met a lot of awesome people there that said they would help us out, they either have the parts or know where to get them! Now I just need to get a 2nd job!

uclahater
06-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Mrs Serious Issues send me your E-Mail Address and I'll send you some pics of your boat at the race
Jim

sgdiv7
06-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Nikki can,t yell at the engine builder to loud because its serious issues.
I was at the races and she looked good in that boat.

Mrs. Serious Issues
06-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by sgdiv7
Nikki can,t yell at the engine builder to loud because its serious issues.
I was at the races and she looked good in that boat.
No yelling at the builder... he'll get the new one together and I'll get back out there! I'm thinking the back up motor might be a good plan also... so.... what parts do you have laying around?!?!;)
Thanks for the compliment, I had a GREAT time! Can't wait for the next one!

sgdiv7
06-07-2004, 03:32 PM
I have a alu. rod 427 short block W/ a roller cam but that is not going to you any good. Not only that but its .060 over. also have lot of other stuff that will not do you any good (car stuff)

BigBoyToys
06-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by sgdiv7
I have a alu. rod 427 short block W/ a roller cam but that is not going to you any good. Not only that but its .060 over. also have lot of other stuff that will not do you any good (car stuff)
You can run a .60 over in the SS class. I think the rules say something like 4.315 max bore or something like that. I don't think the alum rods and the roller cam would be legal though ;) :D