PDA

View Full Version : Who was jealous of Billy Burger?

nodigg
06-07-2004, 10:08 AM
And called in on us? Anyone? Anyone?

dimarcobros
06-07-2004, 10:10 AM
That was a load of crap. We didn't bring lunch because we were going to grab a couple of burgers at Billy's. My whole crew was smashed by the time we got back because we didn't eat. Gave us an idea for next weekend. :D
DMB

jackpunx
06-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Yea.. real smart move on the part of the CG... 400 drunk people with no food... I have a pretty stong feeling the is a story behind that:mad:

nodigg
06-07-2004, 10:14 AM
ditto guys! Mark and Lesie lost some revenue for all the drama (someone) created. Hope some of us showed our support by stopping in after the party. We did fo sho'. Had a belly buster myself!

Ziggy
06-07-2004, 10:17 AM
He told me when I saw him Friday night there was a strong possibility of one or two who might put the kabosh on it for him but he said, I'm still heading up early and we'll see what happens. He was a good guy biz guy IMO by not actually revealing who the perp might be.....better that way.

RiverToysJas
06-07-2004, 10:18 AM
I heard there was definately a complaint made to the authorities that led to Billy Burger being booted. Perhaps the person who did it (you know who you are), will man-up here and tell us.....but I doubt it! ;)
RTJas

jackpunx
06-07-2004, 10:21 AM
We did too..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/943Billie_burger-med.jpg

BoatFloating
06-07-2004, 10:21 AM
That's screwed..... I don't understand why he got booted. Is it illegal to be up there???? Permits etc??? And who is the focker who dropped the dime on him.....

summerlove
06-07-2004, 10:23 AM
Explain what happened? Sounds like BB was scheduled to show up ay OP6 and was booted before any burgers were flipped????
why?:confused:

nodigg
06-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
I heard there was definately a complaint made to the authorities that led to Billy Burger being booted. Perhaps the person who did it (you know who you are), will man-up here and tell us.....but I doubt it! ;)
RTJas
Bud, that would be "NO"
NO DOUBT!

RiverToysJas
06-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by BoatFloating
That's screwed..... I don't understand why he got booted. Is it illegal to be up there???? Permits etc??? And who is the focker who dropped the dime on him.....
You can't run or advertise a commercial business in a "Wildlife Refuge". That's the same case they've been fighting with Girl's Gone Wild type businesses at the sand bar (also part of the refuge). Seems to me they've been unforcing it when people complain. But since the banners and bussiness are run from a mobile, floating venue, there may be a grey area. I know GGW (or one like them) was fighting it from that angle in court, because they fly their banner from a boat. I don't know how that case ended though, or if it has yet.
RTJas

BoatFloating
06-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
You can't run a commercial business in a "Wildlife Refuge". That's the same case they've been fighting with Girl's Gone Wild type businesses at the sand bar (also part of the refuge). Seems to me they've been unforcing it when people complain. But since the banners and bussiness are run from a mobile, floating venue, there may be a grey area. I know GGW (or one like them) was fighting it from that angle in court, because they fly their banner from a boat. I don't know how that case ended though, or if it has yet.
RTJas
Thanks for clearing it up for me. It's still screwed.

Whipped Caliber
06-07-2004, 10:37 AM
All I can say is thanks for the bail money!!! J/K Mark thanks for the trip up river to try to feed us!! Billy's kicks ass!! BTW A thanks go's out to the guy that helped me feed my kids, He came up with a big for me!!!
And a big thanks to all that made this OP6C a safe one!!!!
BTW My 1st drink was after the raffle!!!:rolleyes:

hot_diggity_dog
06-07-2004, 11:49 AM
How come somebody didn't make a speed run back to Thompson Bay and bring back 50+ Billy Burger's for the crew???
Or have him hand just outside of the refuge area???
HDD:confused:

dr. margarita
06-07-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
That was a load of crap. We didn't bring lunch because we were going to grab a couple of burgers at Billy's. My whole crew was smashed by the time we got back because we didn't eat. Gave us an idea for next weekend. :D
DMB
That's exactly what happened to us. We were ready for a Billy Burger, and poof they were gone!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-07-2004, 12:02 PM
We rolled thru the channel and indulged on Billy Burgers afterwards! My first BB and it was fabulous!! We will definately be supporting Billy and family everytime we are in Havasu!
:D
Hey NoDigg, I pannicked for a second when we rolled up and Billy knew my name!! hahahhaha

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
How come somebody didn't make a speed run back to Thompson Bay and bring back 50+ Billy Burger's for the crew???
thats what I was thinking.. :confused:

hot_diggity_dog
06-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
thats what I was thinking.. :confused:
That's why you are the Boss G-friend;)
HDD:cool:

Ziggy
06-07-2004, 12:29 PM
We kinda knew it was gonna happen but hoped for the best...We saw him coming downriver as we were rolling in.........:( Oh, oh, we're eating crackers today

hot_diggity_dog
06-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
We kinda knew it was gonna happen but hoped for the best...We saw him coming downriver as we were rolling in.........:( Oh, oh, we're eating crackers today
Ziggy,
Did you know about the rules they were enforcing about vendor's??????
The Kokomo's boat never had to leave the little sandbar on Memorial?????

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-07-2004, 12:34 PM
That's why you are the Boss G-friend;)
LMAO!! great minds think alike.. I missed you this weekend.. our official photographer was not there..;) :D :p :p

hot_diggity_dog
06-07-2004, 12:45 PM
LMAO!! great minds think alike.. I missed you this weekend.. our official photographer was not there..;) :D :p :p
believe me it was a very difficult decision not to cancel my annual Cabo trip and go to OP6.
I knew this one was going to off the scale;)
I hope someone went around and got pictures of every member who attended and their boat.:eek:
So far the pictures are OK, but you know I would say that because I was a no show.
Hot (Only can be in one place at a time) Diggity Dog:cool: :D

Ziggy
06-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
All of this happened before I got there HDD... :( But yes, EVERYONE at the party was all up for the Billy Burgers.. We didn't even pack so much as a cracker in our boats.. When I got their, I was lucky that RiverLiver made me a sandwich. I swear while I was eating it there were a couple of people looking at me like that thing was made of GOLD..
RD
LOL:D
HDD,
No we didn't know of the rules until friday nite.."Billy" himself told me it was 50/50, thats why he still took the chance of going up.

hot_diggity_dog
06-07-2004, 12:47 PM
All of this happened before I got there HDD... :( But yes, EVERYONE at the party was all up for the Billy Burgers.. We didn't even pack so much as a cracker in our boats.. When I got their, I was lucky that RiverLiver made me a sandwich. I swear while I was eating it there were a couple of people looking at me like that thing was made of GOLD..
RD
I think Billy will get his props for his effort. Still sucks that he couldn't bribe them with a Billy Burger;) :D
Hot (Going off the scale next OP6 with the fish Taco's) Diggity Dog:cool:

hot_diggity_dog
06-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
LOL:D
HDD,
No we didn't know of the rules until friday nite.."Billy" himself told me it was 50/50, thats why he still took the chance of going up.
Oh well:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: ;) :D

Party Cat
06-07-2004, 01:07 PM
That idea was brought up....but I think I was one of the only ones sober enough to go....and my boat was kinda busy all day.....

hot_diggity_dog
06-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Party Cat
That idea was brought up....but I think I was one of the only ones sober enough to go....and my boat was kinda busy all day.....
WTF happened to that HDD guy when you need him;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-07-2004, 01:11 PM
thank you BTW.. :D :eek:

Party Cat
06-07-2004, 01:21 PM
thank you BTW.. :D :eek:
huh...did you say something....I'm kinda busy lookin at pics over on RRL.... :D :D LMAO

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-07-2004, 01:23 PM
huh...did you say something....I'm kinda busy lookin at pics over on RRL.... :D :D LMAO
:eek: :eek: can I see .. LOL!! :D

Party Cat
06-07-2004, 01:27 PM
:eek: :eek: can I see .. LOL!! :D
Well...actually Keith's workin on some 3 D stuff and not only are we seein....we're feelin :D :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-07-2004, 01:27 PM
Well...actually Keith's workin on some 3 D stuff and not only are we seein....we're feelin :D :D :D :eek: :eek: ;)

hot_diggity_dog
06-07-2004, 01:28 PM
PC that one of the Hairless Kitty sneaking out of the cage was classic:p :D :D :D :D :D
HDD:D

Jordy
06-07-2004, 01:28 PM
I'm kinda busy lookin at pics over on RRL.... :D :D LMAO
There are some really good pics too... It's good to be a moderator... Get to look at pics that nobody else can see, get to push the button on people ya don't want around... :D :D :D

Mrs. Restless22
06-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Can I see :confused: :D :D
And yes...thank you PC for letting your boat be our amusment park for the day ;)

Debbolas
06-07-2004, 05:29 PM
RD
Didn't I get to you with the Turkey Jerky?
;)

nodigg
06-08-2004, 06:30 AM
That would have been a great idea for sure. Too bad we were all alcohol impaired in our thinking processes.