PDA

View Full Version : Question for Boat Cop

HALLETT BOY
06-07-2004, 10:35 AM
What are the new laws and regs for mufflers ? Can you run switchable exaust tips or must they be fixed ? I talking about
places like Mead, Powell, Mojave and Havasu...
Thanks for any info

Boatcop
06-07-2004, 12:51 PM
The only new laws coming out are from California on 01/01/2005. They merely address the sound measurement method, and have adjusted the sound levels to that measurement. I still haven't seen any test results that prove if the new method lowers the legal sound level any appreciable amount.
As far as the hardware itself, there is no change. It is, and probably always will be:
"Mufflers installed and in constant operation."
Cut outs or switchable exhaust are not, in themselves, illegal, but if you are stopped while in the non-muffled mode, you can still get cited as if you had no mufflers at all.

Essex502
06-07-2004, 01:21 PM
Alan - Our 2000 Essex Sterling has a Merc 502 with the exhaust exiting under the swim step. With no mufflers installed we read 86 dB/A at idle per the new CA J2005 test. However, almost every boat we measured using the old J34 driveby test - including ours - failed. However, we are still "technically" in non-compliance with the new CA law going into effect Jan 1 due to the lack of mufflers even though we are below the limit. When on plane our swimstep raises about 10-12" and the exhaust is exitting above the water line.
Note...we used the digital Radio Shack sound meter to measure the loudness of the boat. To date, the loudest stock exhaust we've measured was a new HP525 equipped boat that read 100 dB/A at idle.

Boatcop
06-07-2004, 01:43 PM
The new California method also calls for a drive by (or shoreline) test (can't remember the SAE code for it). Your's would probably fail that one.
We, in Arizona still use the 86dba at 50 foot method, and if yours is 86 at idle, no way it would pass a drive-by.
I would bet, however, that your Essex has something, such as water, in the manifold, exhaust or risers that quiets it down. I've yet to see a daycruiser-type boat running straight pipes. At a minimum it will have water running through it to cool the exhaust so the rubber transition between the manifolds and the through-hulls doesn't melt.
I can't speak for other Agencies, but my guys don't even bother till they get over 92 or so. As a matter of fact, most (if not all) of our noise cites are for over 100 db.
As far as no mufflers not being in compliance with the "New" laws, no mufflers is not in compliance with the PRESENT laws.
Everyone is thinking that the "new" law requires mufflers. Mufflers have been required an all boats since at least 1972 in Arizona, and muffler laws were on the books in California long before that.

lucky
06-07-2004, 01:44 PM
HI sir ,
Memorial day i was blue lighted by our friendly lake ranger ( he's ok , she's a #!!## lmao) any way's i have been boating on the same lake for 15 years and was just educated on " counter clockwise rotation " No ticket just a warning ( I'm blown and a little loud so I was as polite as can be ) any ways Is this a New item or a lake ordience that is not posted - ?? as no one told the "others " as i was observing head on traffic in my counter clockwise rotation :eek: : We boat at Lake Mendocino - Mendo county ?? any place i can read up on this phenominum :)

HCS
06-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Do you guys get hassled for decibel readings arbitrarily? Or only if
they suspect your boats too loud?
130 is would be a good level. That make a nice sound.:p

Dr. Eagle
06-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by lucky
HI sir ,
Memorial day i was blue lighted by our friendly lake ranger ( he's ok , she's a #!!## lmao) any way's i have been boating on the same lake for 15 years and was just educated on " counter clockwise rotation " No ticket just a warning ( I'm blown and a little loud so I was as polite as can be ) any ways Is this a New item or a lake ordience that is not posted - ?? as no one told the "others " as i was observing head on traffic in my counter clockwise rotation :eek: : We boat at Lake Mendocino - Mendo county ?? any place i can read up on this phenominum :)
The counter clockwise rotation (stay to the right) has always been the way you are supposed to boat on a lake. I have rarely seen it enforced except for smaller lakes.

lucky
06-07-2004, 01:50 PM
If they can't hear your air horn over your boat , YOU MIGHT BE A HAVASUE BOATER .... ( jeff foxworty humor )

copperrat20
06-07-2004, 01:52 PM
So are you saying that I might have a little bit of trouble with my zoomies on Havasu?:devil:

eliminatedsprinter
06-07-2004, 02:11 PM
HI sir ,
Just about the most basic rule in boating is "stay to the starboard". In a small lake that boils down to a counterclockwise rotation.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Essex502
To date, the loudest stock exhaust we've measured was a new HP525 equipped boat that read 100 dB/A at idle.
WOO HOO first at something finally! LMAO:p

Havasu_Dreamin
06-07-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
The counter clockwise rotation (stay to the right) has always been the way you are supposed to boat on a lake. I have rarely seen it enforced except for smaller lakes.
What he said.

eliminatedsprinter
06-07-2004, 02:23 PM
HI sir ,
The Ca dept of Boating and Waterways has a free booklet called "The A B C's of Boating Laws and Safety" (I think that's the name ??) and their free boating safety course book also covers it pretty well.:D :cool:

lucky
06-07-2004, 02:53 PM
I HAVE ALWAYS STAYED TO THE RIGHT OF ON COMING BOATS - AND NEVER CROSS IN FRONT OF BOATS - IT WAS THE DIRECTION OF THE LAKE THAT TOOK ME FOR A LOOP - iT IS A SMALLER LAKE - SOOOOOOOO MR AND MRS RANGER MUST BE BEING POLITE ... :wink:

Boatcop
06-07-2004, 03:22 PM
"I have heard....."
"My Buddy told me....."
"Someone said...."
"My cousin had this happen to him...."
Yadda Yadda Yadda!
Forget the BS. Give me some first hand information.
All the law says is that the mufflers must be installed and in constant operation.
Some states, such as Nevada, say that Cut-outs are prohibited. You can be cited for having the cut-outs (On Nevada waters), but not by Arizona Officers.
If a cop told you to break the law, when you were essentially in compliance, that would be an issue with his Spervisors or the trier of fact. (Judge)
Twin engines are tested as one. That is, with both running. No one routinely runs their twin engine boat on one engine.
It is true what the Coast Guard said, about not requiring mufflers, but that is when the boat is not on waters subject to state jurisdiction. I think California claims 12 miles, but I could be wrong. After all, Catalina (26 miles) , Anancapa (11 MIles) and other off-shore Islands are in California Jurisdiction.
As far as this or that engine not being able to pass this or that test, the law (in California) says no one will offer for sale, a marine engine that doesn't comply with the noise limits.
When someone gets off their lazy rear ends and starts citing engine and boat builders for dumping illegal engines on the un-witting public, you can bet your ass the technology for less noise with no loss of HP will suddenly be "discovered". (Talk to Mike at RexMarine)
But as long as people with more money than brains believe that noise equals speed, they will continue to do business as they are, with the boat owner collecting the tickets and paying the fines.

canuck1
06-07-2004, 03:53 PM
But as long as people with more money than brains believe that noise equals speed, they will continue to do business as they are, with the boat owner collecting the tickets and paying the fines. [/B][/QUOTE]
I love this comment, a big thumbs up Alan

Beautiful Noise
06-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Alan why is the Test done at 4500rpm's,I dont cruise around at 4500 only around 1800 -2500rpms Plus the test is made in Neutral not under a load (In Gear)which also makes it louder:confused:

riverbound
06-07-2004, 05:05 PM
I have an older jet boat (1976) with logs. there is no mufflers but water does run through them. If my boat was too loud how would I muffle them? My exhaust is quiet when at idle (the tips are below the swim step) but once I am on plane it gets alot louder.

Rexone
06-07-2004, 05:48 PM
This thread should tell you all you ever wanted to know about the new CA noise testing procedure coming in 2005 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22813&highlight=noise)

Debbolas
06-07-2004, 05:50 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566OP6C_022-med.jpg
Is this you?
;)

Dr. Eagle
06-07-2004, 06:01 PM
So the real skinny is that electric boats are in everyones future... :(

Boatcop
06-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Nope. Not me.
Those are Mohave County and US Fish & Wildlife Boats.
And take Rexone's advice and read the multitude of info on this subject. As far as I'm concerned he's the expert on the mechanical side of this subject, and is working diligently on exhaust systems that are fully J2005 compliant, with no loss of power.
All I am is the guy holding the meter, with a thorough knowledge of sound theory, transmission, and measurement.
And no. We don't just do this arbitrarily, as in a highway Radar speed trap. We KNOW when a boat is WAY above the legal level. (And don't lie to me, all you guys with loud boats know it too!) All the meter does is confirm and give us a number reading that can be presented in court.
"105 decibels" sounds better to a Judge than "Gee, I don't know, but it was really loud."

haulina29
06-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Thats all we need is for big brother to start citing boat manufactures for dumping illegal engines in boats , what we need to do is get rid of all the politicians who shove this bs up or ass with out asking , another classic Boat Cop reply . Been in the sun to long?

Hallett
06-07-2004, 06:49 PM
that law sucks.
:mad:

carreraelite
06-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by haulina29
Thats all we need is for big brother to start citing boat manufactures for dumping illegal engines in boats , what we need to do is get rid of all the politicians who shove this bs up or ass with out asking , another classic Boat Cop reply . Been in the sun to long?
You must remember that he doesn't make the laws, just tries to enforce them. The old phrase "Don't Kill the messenger" comes to mind.:D

Dr. Eagle
06-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by carreraelite
You must remember that he doesn't make the laws, just tries to enforce them. The old phrase "Don't Kill the messenger" comes to mind.:D ]
True, but I'd have to suggest that an enforcer is more than a messenger... :D

haulina29
06-07-2004, 09:14 PM
The name of the site is Hot Boat not stock boat , I realize the question was asked by another and Boat Cop replied . To even reply some one should get off there butt and go after custom boat manufactures is bull shit . What we need is a guy like Boat Cop to go to the states and help us out , not guys trying to phase us out .

Boatcop
06-08-2004, 05:21 AM
And all I'm saying is that someone needs to step up and make sure that Hot Boating isn't regulated into oblivion.
There is absolutely no reason for boats to be loud, except to stroke someones ego. The technology is there to sufficiently suppress exhaust noise without sacraficing power. All that has to be done is to apply it.
Any poser can pull the mufflers off their boat so they sound bad. Hell. I could do it on my 45 MPH deck boat. That wouldn't make it a "Hot Boat", only a 46 MPH nuisance.
You would think that people would be doing things to make sure they are welcome on the lakes, rather than spend even more money, time and effort trying to find ways to get around the laws.

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 06:26 AM
Hey, can you tell us your name, so that if we get pulled over, we can say
"oh we know............."
so much better than saying" Boatcop is a friend of mine"
LOL;) jk

Essex502
06-08-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Boatcop
The new California method also calls for a drive by (or shoreline) test (can't remember the SAE code for it). Your's would probably fail that one.
We, in Arizona still use the 86dba at 50 foot method, and if yours is 86 at idle, no way it would pass a drive-by.
I would bet, however, that your Essex has something, such as water, in the manifold, exhaust or risers that quiets it down. I've yet to see a daycruiser-type boat running straight pipes. At a minimum it will have water running through it to cool the exhaust so the rubber transition between the manifolds and the through-hulls doesn't melt.
I can't speak for other Agencies, but my guys don't even bother till they get over 92 or so. As a matter of fact, most (if not all) of our noise cites are for over 100 db.
As far as no mufflers not being in compliance with the "New" laws, no mufflers is not in compliance with the PRESENT laws.
Everyone is thinking that the "new" law requires mufflers. Mufflers have been required an all boats since at least 1972 in Arizona, and muffler laws were on the books in California long before that.
Alan - we measured the "drive by" levels of quite a few boats on Friday in Havasu and while not scientifically done at 50' many, many were over the 88 dB/A level. This is almost an absurd level when a boat is on plane. Ridicuously low. I know absolutely that any of the Essex boats whether they be small blocks or big blocks are over 88 dB/A at 50' unless they have through prop exhaust and few do.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-08-2004, 07:16 AM
The name of the site is Hot Boat not stock boat , I realize the question was asked by another and Boat Cop replied . To even reply some one should get off there butt and go after custom boat manufactures is bull shit . What we need is a guy like Boat Cop to go to the states and help us out , not guys trying to phase us out .
Why does BC need to be the guy to go? Seems to me that we as boaters are the ones that are partially to blame for letting this happen. The environmenal whackos are way more organized than boaters are. If we don't want more useless laws on the books regulating recreational boating then we need to do something about it. Don't go shooting the messenger, or enforcer as Dr. Eagle alluded to, cheap shot IMHO, don't kick a man for his career choice. The majority of you have not even met Alan, I have and he is a standup guy.

Schiada76
06-08-2004, 07:40 AM
There is absolutely no reason for boats to be loud, except to stroke someones ego. The technology is there to sufficiently suppress exhaust noise without sacraficing power. All that has to be done is to apply it.
Oh Yeah! That's why fuelers run mufflers, oh wait no they don't .
They must be posers with ego problems.:mad:

SchellSchock
06-08-2004, 07:41 AM
I for one agree with BoatCop....
I know my Boat isn't a "***boat" but the thru prop exhaust sure is quiet... and at GPS 65 MPH it isn't exactly slow either and has trounced a few zoomie loud boats.
It reminds me of the days when the "Trick" way to make your car go faster,(said tongue in cheek), was to buy cheap cherry bomb mufflers and burn the fiberglass out of them.
Lets face facts...Loud exhaust, stereos, etc all boils down to a "Look at me, I'm cooler, badder than you mentality. Technology is sure to find away to run quiet & fast which is really what it should be about right?

Schiada76
06-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Oh so all I need is a through prop exhaust for my v-drive and then I won't be a poser?
Tell me, who makes really nice mufflers for blown injected 588's?
Or do only posers drive those?
If you ask MOST people who have "Hot Boats" they LOVE the sound of a big block. Watch the fng insults just because you like canoes and kayaks!:mad:
Oh yeah BTW 65 is fng SLOW!

Hal
06-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Quote....
"If you ask MOST people who have "Hot Boats" they LOVE the sound of a big block. Watch the fng insults just because you like canoes and kayaks!"
Thats the problem, most people don't have hot boats and most of the people don't like the noise assosiated (sp?) with hot boats.
The hot Boaters are the minority not the majority. If we as hot boaters don't police are selves someone is going to come along and do for us. Thats just the way things work.

HCS
06-08-2004, 09:52 AM
I like loud boats, It sound cool and strokes my ego. You people
that want to regulate everything people do need to go away.
Why don't you guys get off the water and go play bingo or something.

Krumbsnatcher
06-08-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by SchellSchock
I for one agree with BoatCop....
I know my Boat isn't a "***boat" but the thru prop exhaust sure is quiet... and at GPS 65 MPH it isn't exactly slow either and has trounced a few zoomie loud boats.
It reminds me of the days when the "Trick" way to make your car go faster,(said tongue in cheek), was to buy cheap cherry bomb mufflers and burn the fiberglass out of them.
Lets face facts...Loud exhaust, stereos, etc all boils down to a "Look at me, I'm cooler, badder than you mentality. Technology is sure to find away to run quiet & fast which is really what it should be about right?
Try running a blown motor through your prop, two words deadheading your exhaust. Which will lead to a meltdown.

RacerX
06-08-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
I like loud boats, It sound cool and strokes my ego. You people
that want to regulate everything people do need to go away.
Why don't you guys get off the water and go play bingo or something.
Nice attitude....that's how laws get made. After enough people deal with attitudes like that, new laws get made. It's all about you....you're basically saying "if you don't like my loud boat, go somewher else". How about if you don't like being respectful to others, YOU go somewhere else?
As somebody else said, you need to realize that you are the MINORITY. No different than the idiots that have stereo systems that cost more than their cars and blast that rap crap for all to hear....even if you don't want to hear it. I guess I could just go somewhere else if I don't like the music.
Keep up the good work Boat Cop and I think the way you deliver the message is completely reasonable.

HCS
06-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Note: I'm not targeting Alan in anyway. I'm just stating my
opinion. He's got to do what he's got to do.
Years ago no boats had mufflers. None. Headers, over transom,
zoomies, out the back. It didn't matter. And guess what? No one
ever complained. That's just the way it was.
We used to go to the river every Sunday with the family and hit
up the local beach. Every one was always at ah over the show
of toys. To see each indivisual boat that each man created.
Flat bottoms, hydro's, jet boats, all wood mahogany ski boats.
and so on. To here and see every one of those boats run was
a show all by itself. We all couldn't wait as a family to go out the
next weekend and see what would show up next. Thanks to
those wonderful days with my dad. If it wasn't for him I would
most likely not be a boater.
You next generation of boaters are worried about mufflers.
F ucking mufflers. You guys are screwing up society one law
at a time. Just keep it up. There won't be free boating.

Schiada76
06-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by RacerX
Nice attitude....that's how laws get made. After enough people deal with attitudes like that, new laws get made. It's all about you....you're basically saying "if you don't like my loud boat, go somewher else". How about if you don't like being respectful to others, YOU go somewhere else?
As somebody else said, you need to realize that you are the MINORITY. No different than the idiots that have stereo systems that cost more than their cars and blast that rap crap for all to hear....even if you don't want to hear it. I guess I could just go somewhere else if I don't like the music.
Keep up the good work Boat Cop and I think the way you deliver the message is completely reasonable.
Ok Ok Ya got me now!
No more power boats WHATSOEVER! They are all noisy and greasy and smelly and pollute the water and scare the fish and the ducks and the fags.
From now on only Sailboats Kayaks and canoes, and no FNG body contact with the water either!!!!!!!!!!!!

HCS
06-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by BradP
Ok Ok Ya got me now!
No more power boats WHATSOEVER! They are all noisy and greasy and smelly and pollute the water and scare the fish and the ducks and the fags.
From now on only Sailboats Kayaks and canoes, and no FNG body contact with the water either!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good to see there's more of us out there. The problem is though,
is we can't do anything about it. Were out numbered by the liberal
attitude. Their going to save the planet from destruction.

superdave013
06-08-2004, 12:35 PM
Turbochargers! best muffler you can buy!! :D

Essex502
06-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Good to see there's more of us out there. The problem is though,
is we can't do anything about it. Were out numbered by the liberal
attitude. Their going to save the planet from destruction.
I don't think it has anything to do with liberals but all to do with courtesy. Loud noise in an inappropriate manner is discourtious to those who don't enjoy the loud noise. Same with cigarette smoke to non-smokers. Loud stereos to non-Rap (or whatever music you don't happen to like) listeners. Etc., etc., etc.
Courtesy is seeming to be a lost feeling amongst most these days...

Schiada76
06-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Courtesy?????????????????
You have got to be FNG KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Courtesy would be having ONE FNG spot in the entire Southwest United States where you can run your boat witout BS regulations because a FEW people are offended. Almost every spot you can boat in the Southwest enforces noise and speed regulations. How about one where the tree hugging bark eaters have the courtesy to let other people enjoy themselves. It's only courtesy when IT GOES BOTH WAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Courtesy my ass!!!!

HCS
06-08-2004, 01:31 PM
If your floating in the water and a boat blows by you with open
headers. Who cares. We don't need a law against it. There's
already to many laws. We don't need more. Besides, the guy with
the noisy boat has to ride around in the noisy boat. If that's what
he wants to do, so be it.

RacerX
06-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Courtesy?????????????????
You have got to be FNG KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Courtesy would be having ONE FNG spot in the entire Southwest United States where you can run your boat witout BS regulations because a FEW people are offended. Almost every spot you can boat in the Southwest enforces noise and speed regulations. How about one where the tree hugging bark eaters have the courtesy to let other people enjoy themselves. It's only courtesy when IT GOES BOTH WAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Courtesy my ass!!!!
I agree....you can run your boats in the Tijuana River Valley with NO RESTRICTIONS!!! :D

RacerX
06-08-2004, 01:46 PM
I only go to Havasu once or twice a year and always during the week. We head out in the early morning to wakeboard. We then find some cove and hang out and I can say that I've never heard any really obnoxiously loud boats. I don't go to the Sandbar (don't even know where it is)...is that where all these loud exhuast issues become a problem?
We normally go to Mojave and I've never had this be an issue there either. Once again, we do our own thing pretty early and then just hang out so maybe I just miss all the hub-bub.
What bothers me more than anything is people with their obnoxious stereo's who FORCE their music on everybody. No respect for peoplke with kids with the vulgar, racist or profanity laced lyrics....I feel the same way at the beach when the "racers" and gangsters come out as well. Listen to your music all you want but don't play it so loud that it's offensive to others.

riverbound
06-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Hal
Quote....
Thats the problem, most people don't have hot boats and most of the people don't like the noise assosiated (sp?) with hot boats.
The hot Boaters are the minority not the majority. If we as hot boaters don't police are selves someone is going to come along and do for us. Thats just the way things work.
Are you f-ing kidding me? Hot boats being the minority? Where do you boat? Where I boat hot boats have been the majority since my grandparents started going there. Now you are trying to end generations of history because you dont like the noise? If you dont like hearing the sound of boats buy yourself a ****ing hiking stick and stay off the water. Its people like you that will go to the drag races and then bitch about noise. Get a f-ing clue. Boats are all about ego thats why most of us spend countless hours of our time making sure that everything is perfectly clean and in order. I am all for policing our selves but we cant change the way things have always been just because it offends people outside of our hobby.

Schiada76
06-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by RacerX
I agree....you can run your boats in the Tijuana River Valley with NO RESTRICTIONS!!! :D
Ay Carumba!:D

Essex502
06-08-2004, 02:29 PM
You know guys, I like loud boats as much as the next "hot boater" ( and ex-drag racer from the 70's) but it is about getting along with everyone. The display of me-first attitude on here is what gets you guys into trouble with those that don't necessarily like what you like.
BTW...Chris Craft, "G"ayliner, Sea Ray, Reinell, Regal, etc.,etc, etc. produce more boats than our loud obnoxious rides. We have to co-exist with these folks.
As with smokers and non-smokers...your rights end at the tip on the next guy's nose ...or in this case his ear.
Live with it, deal with it, get out of it, or organize and work to legislate against it. Those are your choices. Bitchin' like old women on the board is pointless.

Schiada76
06-08-2004, 02:32 PM
The difference is we won't slide in next to you in the cove, put the boat in neutral and run it up to 4000 rpm every 30 seconds.:D
We WILL do a drive by at an appropriate speed and I'll bet you a twelve pack you'll stand up, wave and make the motion to PUT THE HAMMER DOWN!
Hell even the snowbirds do it. I even had an oldtimer come running out on his porch in the keys when I was ideling through to a friends house one time, I thought he was going to scream and throw a fit. Nope, he kept waving and telling me to whap the throttle with a big chit eating grin on his face. The fact is most people on the strip and Havasu appreciate the sound. Even BC will admit that it's just a few NEW YUPPIE a holes that whine about it.:D

ROZ
06-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Everyone who is against reducing the regulation to a rediculous level should stop complaining, get organized, and combat in court those who are about to take away the hobby you love...

phebus
06-08-2004, 03:09 PM
With crowds, come regulations. Unfortunate, but thats life nowadays. :(

Scream
06-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Hal
Quote....
Originally posted by riverbound
Are you f-ing kidding me? Hot boats being the minority? Where do you boat? Where I boat hot boats have been the majority since my grandparents started going there. Now you are trying to end generations of history because you dont like the noise? If you dont like hearing the sound of boats buy yourself a ****ing hiking stick and stay off the water. Its people like you that will go to the drag races and then bitch about noise. Get a f-ing clue. Boats are all about ego thats why most of us spend countless hours of our time making sure that everything is perfectly clean and in order. I am all for policing our selves but we cant change the way things have always been just because it offends people outside of our hobby.
riverbound, I think you and Hal are both correct. Custom performance "hot" boats are the minority, generally speaking. They are however the majority where WE like to boat, but all in all there are far more "pleasure craft" than "hot boats" in any state you can point to.
I think if we want to protect what we believe to be our "freedom of expression" in exhaust sounds, then we need to organize in some fashion and push back legislatively against those that presume to be our conscience. There are several things that have been or should have been legislated out of existance, like Teak Surfing or bow riding, and those are public safety issues. This noise deal is probably way overblown IMO, and like BC said, they're not looking for those that are 1db over the limit.
Just my opinion.

Boatcop
06-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Not a day goes by when someone asks me:
"What can you do about those big boats on the strip"
My answer is always the same. "NOTHING"
Every boat has a right to use the waters, as long as they are in compliance with the laws.
Big boats are pretty much a self correcting problem. After a few props and lower units, they will figure out on their own that the Strip isn't the place to bring a forty footer.
I have never, repeat NEVER cited a production boat for noise. The only boats that get a ticket from me are the ones who run straight pipes, unmuffled zoomies, or no water injected headers (or the ones who hit the solenoid as soon as they see me. And even then, the cite is for "No Muffling Device", with the noise level included, if we were able to get a lock on the level.
To me those people know the risks of running their illegal exhaust and deserve the ticket they get. Kind of like speeding. You know it's wrong and you play cat and mouse with the CHP. Sometimes you win. Sometimes they win. Either way, you only have yourself to blame when you fork over the fine money at the Court.
As I've said dozens of times before, even though the law says 86dba @ 50 feet, we don't even bother stopping unless the level is 95 or higher.
To refresh your memories, noise is measured on an algorithmic scale. The sound doubles for every 3 db increase. 89 is twice as loud as 86, 92 twice as loud as 89, 95 twice as loud as 92, etc.
Every noise citation we've written were for more that 100 db. One even as loud as 109. I think we're being more than fair with our enforcement philosophy on noise. When we hear a boat, obviously much louder than legal, we'll pull out the meter. We're not there laying in wait running levels on every boat that goes by.
I can't speak for other agencies and how they do things. I can only tell you what we do, and how we do it. When the public complains to my boss about noise and he, in turn tells me to do something about it, I can't very well tell him to shove it. At least not until I get into my retirement zone.
There have been regulations about mufflers and noise on the books since State boating laws have been around. They probably weren't enforced as much as today, since the numbers of boats on the water and people living on the water were much less "back in the day", and not as many complaints.
Don't use the "moving next to a drag strip and complaining about the noise" anolgy. There weren't laws against drag strips. There ARE laws against loud boats.
I'm just a humble public servant, doing what the public and my boss want me to do. If there were no complaints, there's be no problem. But if there are complaints, I'm obligated to what the law demands of me.
We live in a democracy, and if enough people feel that this law or that law is unjust, unfair, or just not right, then they have the power to change it. But beating down the guy who's just out doing his job is also unjust, unfair, and just not right.

Schiada76
06-08-2004, 03:27 PM
On Alan's side. I have fired up while drifting near the patrol boat and just got a wave. No zoomies or dry pipes but I'm sure they could have cited me if they wanted. :D
I wasn't bitching about LE, just the nature of people claiming it's only proper courtesy to conform to THEIR wishes.
BTW Alan, posers don't carry donuts with them to distract LE.:D :D

HCS
06-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Bitching on the boards my be worthless. But it's good to here
where this shit is comming from. The boating industry is going
down the tubes because of touchy feely people that can't put up
with a little noise. The boat manufactures are forced to put
mufflers on their boats because a hand full of people don't like
the noise. I was blown away when I bought my boat 9 years ago.
I open up the floor and said to myself. What the phuck is that?
This thing has glass packs!. First thing I did after that, is pull the
the stupid things off and open up the system. One of the biggest
glorys of owning a boat is that your able to make any modifications
you like. Install high performance parts, exhaust system etc.
Now it's illegal! Horse shit!
I understand the boat manufactures are going to be forced to
install catalytic converters also. So you will have cats and mufflers
on your boat. A nice quite smog free society.
Then people like boat cop have to waste their time and yours making
sure everyone is in compliance. All the money for these programs
come right out of our pockets. It effects everyone. It's typical
bureaucracy soaking money from the rich. You herd Alan, you'll
have to prove in court your innocents. More money out of your
pocket especially when you lose your case and have to remove
all your performance equipment.

FastTimmy
06-08-2004, 03:42 PM
I have water injected headers on my ride and No the water is not injected at the tip it is injected at the collector 20” from the end of the tail pipe. I have only been stopped once ever and tested (surprisingly enough at the Havasu Marina). He did the idle test @ 50 ft and had me do a throttle rap up to about 4500 RPMs. He told me I was good for now but would not pass in 05’ WTF. He never said anything about mufflers…I think my boat is to loud when driving it and would love to quiet it down a little bit but can’t do it with out major rework to my boat.
I can’t just add mufflers to the back because they will hit the steering rams, can’t use the IMCO muffs because they are 5” in diameter and my 4” pipes now are just below my rubbrail.
Other people here have said courtesy!! How about giving me the courtesy of not having to cut my boat up because of law that passed after my boat was built. Again WTF

haulina29
06-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Havasu Dreamin a cheap shot i dont think so , I have been stopped many times at Parker for being to loud and never once been cited which tells me guys like boat cop also no the law is way to strict . Superdave stated that a turbo is a good muffler , well let me tell you i have been stopped twice for open headers both times were straight pipes off of turbos same boat at low speed and they were visual stoppings not for noise . both times the cops were polite and said if we see you again its a ticket , as the law is written " mufflers required" they had every right to give me a citation . The law is crap and they no it so if someone in law enforcement was to put there 2 cents in it may just help . As far as boat cop goes he did stop me for the Turbos once and treated me with respect very proffesional, the only real problem I have with boat cop is he is very negative towards californians and pwc guys in general read his posts . Im no pwc fan but hot boaters and pwc,s have the right to use the river as anybody else . ;)

HCS
06-08-2004, 03:55 PM
I didn't think mufflers were a requirement. Yet. But they do come on some new boats. I'm sure if it isn't already it will soon be a requirement for all "new" boats.

FastTimmy
06-08-2004, 04:11 PM
It is funny how people’s attitude changes when it becomes there home. I recently bought a condo at Xanado in Havasu and have been blown away at how the older crowd views the blue hairs and the hot boaters. Keep in mind that most of the people I have met at Xanado over the past few weeks have all been part of the river and Havasu history as kids. They have come back to retire but now want to change it to suit them now. They only come back because it is as familiar to them as it is to us but now they want to change it. I don’t live there in Havasu so I can’t vote in Havasu so they will win for now,wait until I get to retire there and have all the fun of changing it back and kicking out the people that have lost there way.

FastTimmy
06-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Old people know that whether it is a river or a lake, Glamis or the middle of the desert. Youngsters will find it, make it a party spot, bring in the business and create population. Then they(the older established) can come in with nothing to do but sit around and complain to the politicians that are at the mercy of there constituents to get the party thrown out and at the same time gain some political clout wile doing it! Maybe even get a award!!

riverbound
06-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Just a thought but does anyone think that this law was supported by the aftermarket manufactures? Anytime something becomes mandatory that mean every boat is required to have it which will translate into more $$$$ for them. No offense to the guys @ Rex and the other marine suppliers but this will be a huge boost to thier business why wouldn't they support it. Think about it old boats will have to be retrofitted new boats will be so cdhoked down that people are going to try to get more hp out of their boats and spend more money on aftermarket parts.

Boatcop
06-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Now it's illegal! Horse shit!
It's been illegal for over 35 years. (In AZ.) Mufflers have been required in on boats in California since the early 60s)
How about giving me the courtesy of not having to cut my boat up because of law that passed after my boat was built.
Read above.
the only real problem I have with boat cop is he is very negative towards californians and pwc guys in general read his posts
I'm not negative towards Californians. I was born and raised there and consider myself a Native Californian. As far as PWCs go, well, this picture of me pretty much says it all:
http://www.boatcop.com./rivfun.jpg
I'm only negative toward ANY boaters who don't know or ignore boating laws and the Rules of the Road, and don't extend common courtesy or decency towards their fellow boaters.
Hot Boater, Bayliner, PWC, Ocean liner, or canoe. It doesn't matter to me. If people don't know what they're doing on the water, they don't belong there.
Take the time to find out the RIGHT way to boat. Those that don't know are the ones that guarantee my job security.

Beautiful Noise
06-08-2004, 04:37 PM
As I've said dozens of times before, even though the law says 86dba @ 50 feet, we don't even bother stopping unless the level is 95 or higher.
Alan I was just Curious as to why I got stopped last year (On the Parker Strip)and the Officer told me that the reason was because he saw I had no Mufflers in while in fact I had water running though my Headers and he wouldnt of been able to see the Mufflers aways not to mention that he was heading the Oppsite direction :confused: I had a Buddy following me in His outboard that is totally quiet and he said that he could hardly hear me at the time :confused: I understand the Rules and Really I dont have a big Beef with the running of Mufflers it just seems like more and more Performance boats (Jet & Flatties)are being pulled over if they have headers.

Jordy
06-08-2004, 04:47 PM
the only real problem I have with boat cop is he is very negative towards californians and pwc guys in general read his posts .
You're kidding right? Besides, your location says Oregon so it looks like you're off the hook. And everyone knows that Arizonians are his favorite. ;)

HCS
06-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Shows my ignorance. If boats were suppose to have mufflers
since the 60's, how come none of them did? For 30 years none
of them did. Well not none. But why was it hardly ever enforced then?:confused:
None of the boats my dad and his freinds owned had mufflers.
No boats Iv'e owned in the past had mufflers except the new
one I bought 9 years ago. And now it doesn't:rolleyes:

riverbound
06-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Of all the boats we have ever owned there has only been two that any sort of muffler (both were tournament ski boats). If water is not considered to be a muffling device then that makes almost any boat on the water today not in compliance right? Does that mean that my boat that was built in 1976 could get cited and ticketed for no mufflers even though it is the same way it was back when it was produced? I know that alan said he is leanient of ticketing ofr noise but I have had run ins with some of
parkers finest who were not so nice or professional.Maybe alan won't get me but what is to stop someone else? Just trying to get the facts before I have to trade my boat in for one of those electric things you see in newport harbor

Boatcop
06-08-2004, 05:27 PM
The use of the term "Muffler" may be misleading people. The correct term is "Muffling Device."
Water injection is a "Mufffling Device". Water running through Hardin manifolds is a "Muffling Device". Turbo chargers are a "Muffling Device".
Basically it's anything placed in the exhaust stream to "effectively" quiet the sound of the exhaust. That device must be in constant operation.
Even back in the '70s, when I was patrolling the River with the Coast Guard, local Sheriff's were citing for "Dry Stacks". People tried to get around that by plumbing water to the end of the OTs so a stream of water was pouring out the ends. They weren't "dry", but it certainly didn't effectively quiet the exhaust.
Remember that I've been doing this job, in one form or another, for almost 30 years. Longer than some of you have been walking the earth. I've torn apart my share of boats from old wooden Chris Crafts to '60's Tahitis to new Laveycrafts, and just about everything in between. I was a certified Mercury Mechanic and worked at the Havasu Springs shop for a while, so I am familiar with nearly any boat that is, or has been made.
So while those boats built in the '60's and '70s may not have had mufflers per-se, most were built with at least some sort of "Muffling Device" installed. The exception, of course, would be the straight zoomies and non-injected headers. But for everything else, SOMETHING is in there quieting down the exhaust noise.

77charger
06-08-2004, 05:36 PM
I'm only negative toward ANY boaters who don't know or ignore boating laws and the Rules of the Road, and don't extend common courtesy or decency towards their fellow boaters.
Hot Boater, Bayliner, PWC, Ocean liner, or canoe. It doesn't matter to me. If people don't know what they're doing on the water, they don't belong there.
Take the time to find out the RIGHT way to boat. Those that don't know are the ones that guarantee my job security. An equal oppurtunity ticket writer i see.:) .I agree with you on the it doesnt matter to me part idiots drive all shapes,sizes and choice of power

Bense468
06-08-2004, 05:46 PM
This is bullshit.... The river has been there for years. The noise has been there for years. I have pictures of the parker strip and crazy horse just lined with flats and hydros from back in the 70's early 80's. Maybe the law was in place, but how crazy is this law?
So if I run a 19 blown 588 cu daytona, and I am running bassett headers with mufflers I won't get a ticket, when running 115db?
Point is it is still running 115db and mufflers are in, so what are people with boats like these supposed to do? Sell them.. who would buy them, if you can't run them? Kinda screws up the market don't you think?
For all you people that think being quiet is the majority you are crazy. Look at the river, look at most boat mfg. How many people want hi po exhaust, and through transom tips etc. A nice running Big block is very much the majority. So if its the majority then why are they setting such low min standards? You tell me how sound hurts anyone....as far as I am concerned loud pipes save lives. I would not want to be in a 18 foot flat making a pass at 120 mph at 85 db (which would never happen).
Its the same reason I like Harley's on the Freeway. People hear them and move over. The guy with the crotch rocket with the stock exhaust is dead. Now tell me how loud pipes hurt anyone?

riverbound
06-08-2004, 05:58 PM
loud pipes save lives :D :D :D

Boatcop
06-08-2004, 06:31 PM
I would not want to be in a 18 foot flat making a pass at 120 mph at 85 db
If you're making a pass at 120 MPH with recreational boats in close proximity, a ticket for being loud would be the least of your worries.

Bense468
06-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Thats not the issue at hand. I understand that. But when anyone on the river makes a pass, and it looks totally clear...no boats in sight. How can you ever be 100 percent sure that someone won't pop out of somewhere? The point is... If the boat was quiet the chances of that happening would be a lot higher then if they heard a 15:1 motor screaming at 8500 rpm.
The probelm lies with the people moving out there not the boat operators. I for one would never complain about the sound of a big block ripping down the river...even if it was at 6 am. More then likely it would be me in the boat. Why do people move out there that do not enjoy the summers there. It comes down to common sense. Why would I move next door to the NHRA race track when I am into silence? Then try and fight a 30 or 40 year old past time.

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 07:02 PM
passing boats was never an issue for us before, but now that our boat is faster, I can see how a 'loud' boat would alert the driver to a boat coming up behind him.
Boatcop, oh Boatcop, what is the correct way to pass a boat on the river? If you have traffic coming at you on the left and rocks on the right...... What side should you pass on, should you honk first?

Bense468
06-08-2004, 07:06 PM
If you don't know. Stay off the river until you figure it out, or tell me which weekend you are going and I will mow lawns or something like that.

Moneypitt
06-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Hey, loud boats DO save lives, oopps, is there an echo in here?

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Bense468
If you don't know. Stay off the river until you figure it out, or tell me which weekend you are going and I will mow lawns or something like that.
NICE, very helpful (oh, and I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU!!):rolleyes:

Boatcop
06-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Why would I move next door to the NHRA race track when I am into silence? Then try and fight a 30 or 40 year old past time.
I don't think that people who move next door to drag strips or airports have anything to complain about. However, what's going on at the track or the airport is perfectly legal.
Loud boats are not, and people have the right to demand that law enforcement enforce the laws.
I think maybe some are getting the wrong impression of me. I don't have anything against loud boats, drag boats, or any boating activity that doesn't fall into a safety or funding (registration) category.
Except when what YOU feel are YOUR rights infringe on the rights of others. (That's you in general, not you personally)
If I took a top fuel dragster and made speed runs in front of the local park, or took my Winston Cup (I never will get used to NEXTEL) car and ran it around your block for an hour, people would complain because I was disturbing their peace and quiet. I would also get locked up. Why? BECAUSE IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!
So if I want to run my top fueler or Cup car, I take it to the track and run the hell out of it. People who enjoy that kind of thing can go and watch it till their eardrums break.
If you run your blown hydro in front of the park and disturb people's peace and quiet, they'll complain. And you might get a ticket. Why? BECAUSE IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!
What can you do? Organize a race, get a permit, and run to your heart's content. Or go to Firebird or some other place where people who enjoy that kind of thing can come and watch.
Instead of trying to skirt the laws by disguising races as "Socials" and posting lookouts for the law, get a permit and do it right. We'll be right there, making sure that OTHER boats, don't interfere with YOUR party, rather than the other way around.

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Moneypitt
Hey, loud boats DO save lives, oopps, is there an echo in here?
Huh... hearings kind of bad from all my loud boats...

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 07:21 PM
I don't think that people who move next door to drag strips or airports have anything to complain about. However, what's going on at the track or the airport is perfectly legal.
Loud boats are not, and people have the right to demand that law enforcement enforce the laws.
I think maybe some are getting the wrong impression of me. I don't have anything against loud boats, drag boats, or any boating activity that doesn't fall into a safety or funding (registration) category.
Except when what YOU feel are YOUR rights infringe on the rights of others. (That's you in general, not you personally)
If I took a top fuel dragster and made speed runs in front of the local park, or took my Winston Cup (I never will get used to NEXTEL) car and ran it around your block for an hour, people would complain because I was disturbing their peace and quiet. I would also get locked up. Why? BECAUSE IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!
So if I want to run my top fueler or Cup car, I take it to the track and run the hell out of it. People who enjoy that kind of thing can go and watch it till their eardrums break.
If you run your blown hydro in front of the park and disturb people's peace and quiet, they'll complain. And you might get a ticket. Why? BECAUSE IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!
What can you do? Organize a race, get a permit, and run to your heart's content. Or go to Firebird or some other place where people who enjoy that kind of thing can come and watch.
Instead of trying to skirt the laws by disguising races as "Socials" and posting lookouts for the law, get a permit and do it right. We'll be right there, making sure that OTHER boats, don't interfere with YOUR party, rather than the other way around.
I was talking to you Alan, about the passing question. My husband probably knows, he is a good driver, but I was curious....Thanks Deb:D

Moneypitt
06-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Lets all install really loud air horns on our hot boats and go up and down the river blowing our horns everytime another boat is in sight..... Aren't horns legal, and in fact required on some boats? My feelings are plain, if I'm doing something unsafe, if my equiptment isn't right, stop me and tell me,cite me even, but my noise is safer than quiet, and doesn't hurt anyone........and I thought SAFE boating was everyones desire..........Gee, how many of us have seen quiet boats involved in bad accidents, And it seems to me that the loud boats are heard, seen, and generally make a crowded waterway safer. It IS all about safety, right?? Or is the almighty buck??

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Moneypitt
Lets all install really loud air horns on our hot boats and go up and down the river blowing our horns everytime another boat is in sight..... Aren't horns legal, and in fact required on some boats? My feelings are plain, if I'm doing something unsafe, if my equiptment isn't right, stop me and tell me,cite me even, but my noise is safer than quiet, and doesn't hurt anyone........and I thought SAFE boating was everyones desire..........Gee, how many of us have seen quiet boats involved in bad accidents, And it seems to me that the loud boats are heard, seen, and generally make a crowded waterway safer. It IS all about safety, right?? Or is the almighty buck??
Huh... hearings kind of bad from all my loud boats...and air horns...

Jordy
06-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
I was talking to you Alan, about the passing question.
Maybe he's ignoring you, much like the rest of us, because every 800 or so of your posts yield something halfway worth while and it's really not worth reading all the crap to sort it out. ;)

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
Maybe he's ignoring you, much like the rest of us, because every 800 or so of your posts yield something halfway worth while and it's really not worth reading all the crap to sort it out. ;)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385bang.gif

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 07:43 PM
http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/blah.gif http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/blah.gif http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/blah.gif
:p ;)

Bense468
06-08-2004, 07:50 PM
LOL holy shit Jordy that was just so "right"
On another note Money pitt. I totally agree. The law is not what I think it is about. As far as Boat cop is concerned "yes" but its over his head. I think you nailed it on the head with the all mighty buck comment. Its about the property value of the river. How its going up. Its about taxes.
Boatcop, I don't want you to think I am aginst you. I just feel how I feel, and I understand your job very well. I have many cop friends. It is beyond you, or I. I just don't see it realistic to have to take my river boat to firebird where I can get one or two passes a day in. For the hardcore racers it will fly, but I don't think the majority are for it. So it brings another question. What is going to happen to the "roots" of the river, the boats that started it all. The sangers, coles eliminators, etc. What happens to these style boats? They get run off and are now worth nothing because of this law? Drag racers don't want river layups. So where do they go? Its not really fair to the guy that invested 30 - 40 grand and countless hours of his time into it. Bottom line is 85db is not realistic. As a matter of fact I would bet most cop boats don't pass that. I can fart louder then that. :eek:

Jordy
06-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Bense468
LOL holy shit Jordy that was just so "right"
Thanks, I do have my moments. As far as the 800 posts, I'm sure it's probably double that for a halfway useful comment, but I was just trying to be nice. :D

haulina29
06-08-2004, 07:55 PM
My boat was registered in arizona at the time i was stopped , Boat cop asked for the reg and a quick check of equip and sent me to the trailer . The boat had dry headers no spark arrestors no life jackets no horn or whistle . it did have a paddle . we got a warning more than fair considering my violations . no complaint . Heres my gripe a boat that runs by at 100 dba is no big deal but the geek who races back and forth for hours forces the law . I actually beleive that the river cops are fair . and yes the law does need to change . to force oems to put in highly muffled low hp stuff is boring with no creativity which built the sport . We dont need big brother at the boat shops . Which socials are we refering to , is there some heat coming down on local agencies for a certain event or chain of events? where did that come from?

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Bense468 & Jordanpaulk
If ya don't like my post, go to my profile, hit the ignore button.
Problem solved, you don't need to read my mindless empty posts.
But, there would be no drama for you,
such a hard decision................
:rolleyes:

Jordy
06-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Bense468 & Jordanpaulk
If ya don't like my post, go to my profile, hit the ignore button.
Problem solved, you don't need to read my mindless empty posts.
But, there would be no drama for you,
such a hard decision................
That would be one way to do it, but then how would I know it was my lucky day, that is, something worthwhile was posted by you and I stumbled on it, as that's my cue to go pick up a Powerball ticket because I've obviously found the needle in the proverbial haystack. :D

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 08:18 PM
That would be one way to do it, but then how would I know it was my lucky day, that is, something worthwhile was posted by you and I stumbled on it, as that's my cue to go pick up a Powerball ticket because I've obviously found the needle in the proverbial haystack. :D
weak:rolleyes:

Jordy
06-08-2004, 08:19 PM
weak:rolleyes:
At least I didn't resort to namecalling. That's weak. :rolleyes:

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 08:20 PM
you mean this.......................?:D

Floored
06-08-2004, 08:33 PM
way back when blown gassers ran at irwindale and lions etc. and ran in the 9's, pretty impressive. now street muffled cars are running high 7's and 8's in the quarter.the problem technologically isnt to quiet a blown big block without an appreciable HP loss it is trying to package it asthetically and in a very confined area. Bassetts with 4 ft of muffler hanging off the end isnt a very nice thought. look at pics of parker strip from the 70's and then now, havasu had 1 stop sign and a half finished bridge to nowhere. how many boats really had 600 hp? most had more BS than HP but we had fun, fewer people around, lower property values, 30 cent gas. who dreamed a 1200 hp motor could run reliable in boats much less 2 or 3 in 1 boat. if the law says dont enter with blue hair then i'm gonna have green or red hair and have as much fun as i can, its still better than Golf.

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 08:35 PM
you mean this.......................?:D
DOOOOMED..... DOOOOOMED....... (http://www.fedex.com/us/about/advertising/tvads/dramawm.html?link=4)

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 08:37 PM
ya know if we bring out the little fighting guys, it's all over, but we lose our credibility.....................oh, do we care?:D
wait let me think..............................:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 08:40 PM
ya know if we bring out the little fighting guys, it's all over, but we lose our credibility.....................oh, do we care?:D
wait let me think..............................:rolleyes:
DOOOOOOOOOOMED..................DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED. ...............LOL (http://www.fedex.com/us/about/advertising/tvads/dramawm.html?link=4)

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 08:47 PM
LOL:D

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 08:49 PM
I just love drama.... even if it is bad..........;)

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 08:50 PM
not me, too soap opera, "
I have issues, I'm going to pick on the one "chick" out of 5400 guys here, no thanks!"
give me boats anyday......;)

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 08:51 PM
not me, too soap opera, "
I have issues, I'm going to pick on the one "chick" out of 5400 guys here, no thanks!"
give me boats anyday......;)
Dooooomed......................................... .............................. (http://http://www.fedex.com/us/about/advertising/tvads/dramawm.html?link=4)

Kilrtoy
06-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Hey I'm the only one that can talk to Jordy that way and I have thru hull exhaust to back it up.:D

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Hey I'm the only one that can talk to Jordy that way and I have thru hull exhaust to back it up.:D
with a like 15 mph gain..... right Kilr.......;)

NorCal Gameshow
06-08-2004, 08:56 PM
speaking of a thru-hull exhaust, i've heard they're good for at least 5 m.p.h. on the top end :)
EDIT---> 15 M.P.H.

Kilrtoy
06-08-2004, 08:57 PM
with a like 15 mph gain..... right Kilr.......
Hell no, it was more like 40 this weekend, I put racing gas in, oh wait, that was the speed I was going in the saturday afternoon chop. NEVERMIND

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
speaking of a thru-hull exhaust, i've heard they're good for at least 5 m.p.h. on the top end :)
EDIT---> 15 M.P.H.
LOL................

Wet Dream
06-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Hey, can you tell us your name, so that if we get pulled over, we can say
"oh we know............."
so much better than saying" Boatcop is a friend of mine"
LOL;) jk
Its been posted several times. Read some posts all the way through and you'll learn a few things. Sometimes its better to shutup,listen and gain knowledge than to keep talking and spew BS. :rolleyes:

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 09:16 PM
I was talking to you Alan, about the passing question. My husband probably knows, he is a good driver, but I was curious....Thanks Deb:D "
Dude, take your own advice, I found his name and used it...................................
"hello Pot?"
"This is Wet Dream, You are Black"
LMAO:D

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 09:20 PM
"
Dude, take your own advice, I found his name and used it...................................
"hello Pot?"
"This is Wet Dream, You are Black"
LMAO:D
Face it Scream....... you are........Doooooooomed.................. (http://http://www.fedex.com/us/about/advertising/tvads/dramawm.html?link=4)

riverbound
06-08-2004, 10:02 PM
We stayed on topic for almost 4 full pages before the thread got jacked that must be some kind of record.:D

Phat Matt
06-08-2004, 10:37 PM
I just got home and all I have to say on this thread is...wow
Can't we all just get along?
BTW, I have no exhaust or hatch and picked up another 50mph! :D You all should try it.

LOWRIVER2
06-09-2004, 12:33 AM
Thanks again Allen for taking the time to present this issue and exlplain in layman's terms what the problem is and how you and yours are dealing with it. I see, as any good cop should, you use the spirit of the law over the letter of the law while enforcing it. Common sense and a good attitude go a long ways in staying out of trouble. As with any regulations, read the fine print, figure out how it applies to you and either work with it, try to change it, or move on. It's really that simple and is not Allen's fault that this reg. is in place.
As crowded as the Strip has become, I find it amazing anyone would want to drive an sub 21ft. boat on that water, it's a damn ocean every time I'm on it including Friday's. The interest in riverfront property and it's value brought in plenty of folks that don't appreciate the loud sounds(ie: the complainers) that many old time riverfront residents were used to. That's just a fact of life, not Allen's fault.
For those that like to run boats that don't meet the noise regs., there's still plenty of places to drive them, most of these owners know where these spots are and they don't get into trouble ( the first clue should be that there's no one to complain about noise in these spots/hint-hint) I think most guys that are into their boats for speed boat where there is no one else so that they are safe/ie: they don't need to show off to everyone else that their boat is fast or loud, they do it for themselves-as how it should be.
I saw all this hoopla and complaints happen back in 94' when the assault weapons ban came to Ca. Everyone cried the sky was falling. Those that wanted to still shoot on public lands registered their guns and still shoot whenever they want,no big deal. And don't get started on confiscation. No one on this forum knows more about Ca. gun laws/what the Ca. DOJ is up to (read-nothing) than me-that's a bold statement but since I'm one of the 35 people IN THE STATE that actually enforced these laws, I know "just a little" about what I'm talking about/LOL!
Take what Allen has to say as a gem of wisdom from the enforcement side-it's a privlege he takes the time to share what the enforcement side is doing about particular laws. Don't take personal shots at a man who is giving out information that helps everyone here to be informed. Is'nt that why we come to this board in the first place?
Low- sound of my M1 Benelli slug gun is better than any engine-River

superdave013
06-09-2004, 03:09 AM
BC, I was on page with you until this one. YOU KNOW THAT WAS NOT A RACE! And what went down was not due to racing.
Anyway, Deb, take a boating class. You really should. I took the Power Squardrons course when I was a teenager. That one is pretty involved but you can find a simpler course. Those red and green lights on your boat do mean something ya know.
FastTimmy, ever try some basset slip ins? I know my flat would run 8,100 with out and 8,000 with. I could live with the 100 rpm loss.
I hate to say it but mufflers are the way it's gonna be. You guys talking about the dragstrip. Well have you noticed the mufflers there now?? Sure not on the fulers but they can only run so much time un-muffled. Even Jr. Dragsters now must run mufflers at most NHRA events.
I know boatcop said turbos are a muffling device but the smellsomre cops didn't see it that way. My boat was not loud at all and I got hassled. I'm building some tail pipes that I can put some basset slip in's in when need be.
You guys who have grown up at Parker and Havasu don't really know what the boating scean is like in other parts of the US. I was in freakin heaven the first time I went to the river. Go to states like IN, IL, TN, WI. 90% of the boats have split windshilds, back to back seats that fold down and thru hub exhaust. Sking and fishing come to mind. Boring freaking boats that's for sure.

Wet Dream
06-09-2004, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by riodog
4300 posts in 3 months,
WAKE UP GIRL, They're trying to tell you what most everyone else is thinking but just don't want to get into a pissing match over. Don't you get it or are you mentally challenged?
I know this is "off topic" but I'll explain it to you. The history of this board is that when someone starts to make a "post hooker" of themselves to the degree that you have, everyone gets real sick of their mindless comments and they wind up getting blown off. All of the highest posters have at one time or another been told to "shut the **** up and give us a break". Don't believe me- just ask um!
YOU think you're cute and witty but the rest of us just think you're attention starved and dim. Get a life! Join in the conversation when you can contribute something useful but all of your antics and bullshit just get old after about 10 minutes.
I understand why YOUR "betterhalf" has the screen name of "scream" !
A reply is not required unless it makes you feel better to get the last word in. However, as I don't hang with your crowd, partake in the activities that prevail in such a gathering and in general don't give a rat's ass about any mindless dribble that you feel the need to share with us- have at it- after all, even the peeps on the "short bus" have the right to speak their mind in this country!
Did I get it right Jordy ?
Riodog
Well said. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haulina29
06-09-2004, 06:09 AM
Lowriver to compare the assault rifle ban with mufflers is a bit drastic . the assault ban was much needed piece of legislation and well done, I dont see many arguing that the muffler or dba law is in place they are saying the dba level is to low. The seat belt law comes in to mind when I think of big stinks also. I agree there are places to run WFO with open pipes and places not to but the main topic here was stock stuff with w/c exhaust doesnt meet the low db reading . I dont think its your job to change laws but with your knowledge of laws and the proper procedures guys like you boat cop rex one could be a real asset in keeping the aftermarket sport boat alive . just my 0.2

LOWRIVER2
06-09-2004, 06:41 AM
You just don't get it Haulina, it's not up to BC or any other officer to change the laws in the books, it's up to you, the consumer/enthusiast and mfg.'s that want to produce products that comply with the regs. or change/get rid of them. Those that are tasked with enforcing these laws are doing their job, don't expect them to change anything for you the public. That's for you to do.
As for assault weapons, frankly, it is a knee jerk reaction based on a small, boisterous minority of people who thought semi automatic rifles capable of having large ammo magazines were the number one weapon used in crimes. Check your FBI statistics all the way back to the early 70's or further and you'll quickly see these weapons are/were used less than 4% in ANY gun related crime. They just happen to get all the attention because of their looks and "noise". So yes, it is a fair comparison. Talk to any patrol cop and the overwhelming majority of "crime guns" they seize/run into in their career will be .22-.9mm cal. handguns and that will be at a ratio of at least 10 to 1 over ANY long gun, let alone "assault weapons".
Like I said, comply, work to change, or move on, it IS that simple.

HCS
06-09-2004, 06:52 AM
I have some factory glass packs for sale.:D ;)

haulina29
06-09-2004, 07:01 AM
Lowriver read it again no where did i state its your job to fix the law . My post clearly states guys with your knowledge would be a asset in the process .

roostwear
06-09-2004, 07:03 AM
Kinda makes arranging a "social" an uphill battle. When boaters get together, they race. I sure hope LE doesn't think that EVERY social is just a cloaked race.......

LOWRIVER2
06-09-2004, 07:06 AM
What asset? Just choose a course of action and get on with it. At most, get the stats. on citations/complaints of noise from the enforcement agency records and they will either support or weaken your cause. Don't need an officer to tell you that, it's common sense.

haulina29
06-09-2004, 07:16 AM
A good example would be the ASA and there fight to keep the dunes open they have Doctors Lawyers LE joe six packs etc. all working as a unit to keep the Imperial Dunes open . So far its working . There are procedures that need to be followed to be effective and a whole group to make a difference . One voice would go un noticed . like I said it was just a thought . my opinion

LOWRIVER2
06-09-2004, 07:24 AM
Yeah, in this case the LE (ie:Boatcop) has told you that mufflers/noise reducing products WOULD help in most instances to lower the number of complaints that he gets to enforce these laws. What part of that did you miss? He's speaking for the area he works (the strip). Thankfully, he uses discretion (common sense) in enforcing these laws. Why would he be of use to someone with an agenda that all noise reducing products are bad? Think about it and re read the thread before you post a knee jerk response.

HavasuDreamin'
06-09-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
You guys who have grown up at Parker and Havasu don't really know what the boating scene is like in other parts of the US. I was in freakin heaven the first time I went to the river. Go to states like IN, IL, TN, WI. 90% of the boats have split windshilds, back to back seats that fold down and thru hub exhaust. Sking and fishing come to mind. Boring freaking boats that's for sure.
Don't forget the whacka's Dave. ;) .........we have plenty of whacka's out here too. :D

haulina29
06-09-2004, 07:32 AM
A reasonable level needs to be reached the current level is to low , I would not expect anybody to promote a open header free for all . To phase out the custom engine builder is a shame .

Seadog
06-09-2004, 07:55 AM
After reading these posts, I cannot believe the selfish attitude of some of these yahoos. There is a time and place for things and the average lake is not always the place for open pipes. Most people go to the lakes to get away from the hassle and noise. They usually can be tolerant of GFBL boats that are only obvious at certain times, but I know of few that like to wake up to the sound of a blown motor w/o muffling, or a screaming bass boat or a whinning PWC.
Rules are made to protect all of the public from the actions of a few. The remark that if they do not enforce below 95 db means that the limits are too low, is BS too. Most cops have too much important things to worry about and go after the serious offenders. That just means that some fool lucks out. The same idiot that gets away with doing 90 db on a busy afternoon, were to do it near a bunch of campers or housing early in the morning or late in the evening, would find the noise level strictly enforced.
To me, it makes more sense to me for someone to don a clown costume than to make a lot of loud noise to get attention. At least more people like clowns. You can have the performance without the noise. One of my favorite street rods was a late 60's Belvedere with a blown 426. The sucker had 4 giant caddy mufflers and was tuned to get more power than with open headers.

Jordy
06-09-2004, 07:56 AM
Riodog
Couldn't have said it better myself. :D :D :D

Ducatista
06-09-2004, 08:31 AM
4300 posts in 3 months,
WAKE UP GIRL, They're trying to tell you what most everyone else is thinking but just don't want to get into a pissing match over. Don't you get it or are you mentally challenged?
I know this is "off topic" but I'll explain it to you. The history of this board is that when someone starts to make a "post hooker" of themselves to the degree that you have, everyone gets real sick of their mindless comments and they wind up getting blown off. All of the highest posters have at one time or another been told to "shut the **** up and give us a break". Don't believe me- just ask um!
YOU think you're cute and witty but the rest of us just think you're attention starved and dim. Get a life! Join in the conversation when you can contribute something useful but all of your antics and bullshit just get old after about 10 minutes.
I understand why YOUR "betterhalf" has the screen name of "scream" !
A reply is not required unless it makes you feel better to get the last word in. However, as I don't hang with your crowd, partake in the activities that prevail in such a gathering and in general don't give a rat's ass about any mindless dribble that you feel the need to share with us- have at it- after all, even the peeps on the "short bus" have the right to speak their mind in this country!
Riodog
Damn Riodog! Nicely put....I thought it was just me who thinks these things. Be careful though, the post whores will accuse you of being a women hater.;)

Schiada76
06-09-2004, 08:57 AM
To me, it makes more sense to me for someone to don a clown costume than to make a lot of loud noise to get attention. At least more people like clowns. You can have the performance without the noise. One of my favorite street rods was a late 60's Belvedere with a blown 426. The sucker had 4 giant caddy mufflers and was tuned to get more power than with open headers. [/B][/QUOTE]
Hey Okie,
Have you ever been to the strip? I didn't think so. It's not a little podunk fng fishin hole. It's all about horsepower and has been for 60 years. Just wtf do think "4 giant caddy mufflers" would look like in a flat? Most lakes in this area have 35 mi speed limits, major noise restriction, no beer etc. etc. Loud boats don't dictate that the driver is a clown, or a poser or some ego deprived loser. F off!:mad:
Keep your fng insults to people you know.:mad:

HCS
06-09-2004, 09:20 AM
I'm a yahoo. Although I do have a lake where I go to, to get away
from all the noise. When I'm boating on the Sacramento river here
in Sac it's a free for all. All is welcome Loud or not it's always been
that way. I hate to see that go away. It's bad enough that they
have created manditory boat checks. The boat cops here have
set up pontoon boats with stop signs on them. You must stop
and be searched when you come apon these guys. To me it's an
invasion of privacy. If they see any violations with your boat you
have to fix it on the spot or put it on the trailer and go home.
I always have my equipment in order so it's not a problem.
So why am I bitching? Because I think it's f ucked up.:D
Go after the people that are doing something wrong. Don't
hassle everyone on the water.:rolleyes:

Seadog
06-09-2004, 01:03 PM
The point is that noise and power do not go hand in hand. We have a lot of big boats and a lot of hot boats in this 'hick' state. We also have a lot less jerks that think they rule the world, thank God. Even tho you might like the sound of that roar in your empty head, others don't. You can find a way to muffle the sound and not affect the power. Just because you are too lazy or inconsiderate to try is not the fault of others.

Schiada76
06-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Take your head outa your ass biatch.
This discussion isn't about anything you can understand.
:mad: :mad:

riverbound
06-09-2004, 01:40 PM
seadog,
What kind of boat do tyou have?
03 Crestliner 2485 LSi 4.3 MPI
I dont think you would know much about trying to keep a big block quiet. I always would go out on a limb and even say your boat is probably not very performance oriented. So when the conversation turns to quieting down performance oriented ***boats you probably should dtay out of this one unless you have the experience first hand.
We have a lot of big boats and a lot of hot boats in this 'hick' state
You not being one of them.
Point is I stay out of the 6 cylinder powered boat conversations because I am not familiar with them. When the conversation turns to muffling big blocks you should probably stay out of this one.....at least until you are one of the people who actually owns one ande IS trying to muffle it with out losing all the HP that you worked so hard to get. Because of some whining bitch who doesnt like the noise.

Schiada76
06-09-2004, 01:56 PM
He IS the whining bitch!:mad:
Ring Ring!!!!!
Oh Mr. Boat Cop!!! Yes this is me the fella down the river in the pink mobile home. Yes, well my little fluffy poodle is hiding in the tub again because that bad man down in the river drove by in his loud scary boat. Yes I know I call even when a jet ski goes by with an after market exhaust but fluffy gets sssooooo scared he wets himself. My partner Brucie can barely stop himself from shaking too. Yes, yes I know we've only been here for 6 months and those bad bad men in the loud boats have been here for decades but back home in boys town we really respect each others noise space, you know, no squealling after midnight is our rule.
I DEMAND you go down there and stop that big mean hairy man down there right now before I, before I, ooooooohhhh my I don't just don't know what I'll do. I might have to send Brucie down there right now to throw a purse at him! Boo FNG HOO!!!!!!!

hoolign
06-09-2004, 02:02 PM
when I was a kid in the okanogan we used to have hydroplane races every summer till the blue hairs started snivelling about he noise! the boats did'nt come back the next year, and neither did all the money they spent,every summer a few whiners get together and try to stop loud boats from being on the lake..but what they are forgetting is ..it's a fricken tourist town, start chasing away the boats and sure as shit your just asking for another lake to welcome them and their dollars

HCS
06-09-2004, 02:05 PM
If you want to go to a lake and sit back in a chair and read your
favorite book, go somewhere where they do not alow motor
boats, you know... like a canoe lake.:p
You shouldn't expect to go to a lake like Havasu that has a
thousand boats on it, and sit back in your chair or lay in your
hammack in piece and quite. Everyone does not own a sewing
machine boat for a reason. The majority of people on here like
power and performance. And we should have the right to have
it. Even if it causes a little noise.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_9_133.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008')

eliminatedsprinter
06-09-2004, 03:10 PM
If you want to go to a lake and sit back in a chair and read your
favorite book, go somewhere where they do not alow motor
boats, you know... like a canoe lake.:p
You shouldn't expect to go to a lake like Havasu that has a
thousand boats on it, and sit back in your chair or lay in your
hammack in piece and quite. Everyone does not own a sewing
machine boat for a reason. The majority of people on here like
power and performance. And we should have the right to have
it. Even if it causes a little noise.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_9_133.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008')
As long as we arn't talking about insanely loud boats with zoomies, I agree 100%. I can't see how one group of people can ban one type of fun, just so they can better enjoy theirs.

Seadog
06-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Bradp, if this is about being a big mouth bigotted AH, you are right, I don't know anything about it. I bow to your expertise. Just because, I chose to own a family boat does not mean that I do not know performance rigs. But, I do not have to justify myself to the likes of you.
You just go along pissing the general public with your open pipes and you will eventually have a permanent yard ornament to go with all the empty beer cans. It is your brain dead carp that will wind up shutting down performance boating for those who try to be good neighbors.

Schiada76
06-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Look as shole you come on this thread spouting off about a place you've never been to about people you've never met and boats you've never seen.
Calling us CLOWNS
You don't have a performance boat and don't know jack about them, caddy mufflers chump. Case in point I don't run open headers, but I still love the sound of them. Drag your family buggy to Parker sometime and see what I'm talking about. Until then shut your whining tree hugging pie hole punk.:mad:
Maybe if you didn't run your punk mouth calling load boat owners CLOWNS you'd get a different response. FNG POS:mad: :mad:

Moneypitt
06-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Since zoomies seem to be the topic of discussion here, let me just say, If you can't enjoy the sound of zoomies, loud, crisp zoomies, and the smell, the STRONG smell, of some good hot fuel at 6 in the morning, stay home. I'll bet the noise laws in YOUR town are strictly enforced............. MP
PS, I'll bet you don't like Willie Nelson either, and THATS un American

superdave013
06-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Ring Ring!!!!!
Oh Mr. Boat Cop!!! Yes this is me the fella down the river in the pink mobile home. Yes, well my little fluffy poodle is hiding in the tub again because that bad man down in the river drove by in his loud scary boat. Yes I know I call even when a jet ski goes by with an after market exhaust but fluffy gets sssooooo scared he wets himself. My partner Brucie can barely stop himself from shaking too. Yes, yes I know we've only been here for 6 months and those bad bad men in the loud boats have been here for decades but back home in boys town we really respect each others noise space, you know, no squealling after midnight is our rule.
I DEMAND you go down there and stop that big mean hairy man down there right now before I, before I, ooooooohhhh my I don't just don't know what I'll do. I might have to send Brucie down there right now to throw a purse at him! Boo FNG HOO!!!!!!!
Not to get in the middle of da pissing match but..... THAT'S PRETTY FOCKIN FUNNY!! :D Brucie hahahaha

Jordy
06-09-2004, 05:16 PM
:D :D :D
Anyone else notice it's been kinda quiet around here on other fronts today? I'm liking it (and I hope I didn't just jinx it). :D

Kilrtoy
06-09-2004, 05:19 PM
You did,
Hey those shorts you were wearing at OP6, I have the same ones, as does jackpunx, Does this mean were all brothers.....

Jordy
06-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Absolutely. Brothers from different mothers... :D

Schiada76
06-09-2004, 05:21 PM
:D :D :D
Anyone else notice it's been kinda quiet around here on other fronts today? I'm liking it (and I hope I didn't just jinx it). :D
You're welcome to step in at any time.:D

Jordy
06-09-2004, 05:22 PM
You're welcome to step in at any time.:D
It's gone a couple pages without me having to say a word. Don't want anyone to think I'm a woman hater because I singled one out of 5400 people... :rolleyes:

Schiada76
06-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Would that make you gay since you attacked the only woman?
HEY don't get off topic here!!!!!:D I can get you Brucies # if 'ya want.

Debbolas
06-09-2004, 06:07 PM
It's gone a couple pages without me having to say a word. Don't want anyone to think I'm a woman hater because I singled one out of 5400 people... :rolleyes:
Not a woman hater, just a Debbolas hater, again, if ya don't like what I post, don't read it....it is a free country, you don't have to read my posts. It isn't really that hard to figure out....
So can anyone answer my question about the boat passing? I thought that was what this forum was all about, talking about boats and boating (ok and chicks with big ba-boobies) I asked a question, no one answered. Do you not know the answer? Are ya too high and mighty to sink to my boat rookie level and help me out?
Excluded, and make yourself feel like a big guy?
Whatever................
(use the ignore button, I'm not going anywhere!)

Bense468
06-09-2004, 06:14 PM
This thread is about noise restrictions. If you want to go off topic, start another thread.

Debbolas
06-09-2004, 06:40 PM
My mistake, the thread title is
Question for Boat Cop
I took that to mean you can ask him any question.
I mean it's not like the Sandbar is a place to ask questions....it is only for high performance technical evaluations.
Won't happen again.;)

Dr. Eagle
06-09-2004, 06:42 PM
My mistake, the thread title is
Question for Boat Cop
I took that to mean you can ask him any question.
I mean it's not like the Sandbar is a place to ask questions....it is only for high performance technical evaluations.
Won't happen again.;)
Yes Deb, I am the Tech Nazi... No Sandbar for YOU!
I think sometimes people take themselves a little too seriously around here... This place is to exchange ideas and have fun... I thought.
NO SANDBAR FOR YOU!!!!!!!

Debbolas
06-09-2004, 06:43 PM
yeah, ya think if it was that specific and technical they would go over to the Techy forms.....................whatever:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
06-09-2004, 06:44 PM
yeah, ya think if it was that specific and technical they would go over to the Techy forms.....................whatever:rolleyes:
No Sandbar for YOU!!!!!

FunOnTheWater
06-09-2004, 06:51 PM
what is really great is how GREAT Jordy is and how he is FULL of information that is useful and never post anything but good information
One thing for sure, you all are way off topic now:(
Wh

Dr. Eagle
06-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by FunOnTheWater
what is really great is how GREAT Jordy is and how he is FULL of information that is useful and never post anything but good information
One thing for sure, you all are way off topic now:(
Wh
No Sandbar FOR YOU!!!!!!!!
Tech Nazi.......:D

FunOnTheWater
06-09-2004, 06:56 PM
No Sandbar FOR YOU!!!!!!!!
Tech Nazi.......:D
don't be a hatter;)

Debbolas
06-09-2004, 06:56 PM
:D

Dr. Eagle
06-09-2004, 07:00 PM
don't be a hatter;)
WHAT??? I HATE HATS... I'll try not to be a hater too....... LOL....:D

FunOnTheWater
06-09-2004, 07:03 PM
spelling somtimes gets away from me:( like some of the attitudes around here:mad:

Debbolas
06-09-2004, 07:04 PM
hater= hate-er
hatter=hat -er
I can explain this...........the e is magic and makes the vowel say its name E, so we need to put in another letter so the e can't touch the vowel. It also works with "ing"
hop - hopping
hope - hoping
I taught this lesson to my class this year..........
Debbolas<-------------full of usefull information

Dr. Eagle
06-09-2004, 07:05 PM
spelling somtimes gets away from me:( like some of the attitudes around here:mad:
Just playin witch ya!!!!:D

Dr. Eagle
06-09-2004, 07:06 PM
And Technical Tips>>>>>>>>>;)
Dr. E <-------------------------- Oh, you know.......

FunOnTheWater
06-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Just playin witch ya!!!!:D
I know you are:D it is some of the others.
Been reading the threads for a while:eek: cracks me up what some people do on here:mad: the "POST ENFORCER"

Dr. Eagle
06-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Been reading the threads for a while:eek: cracks me up what some people do on here:mad: the "POST ENFORCER"
Also known as the Tech Nazi......... LOL.......:D

Debbolas
06-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Just don't mess up in the Song Chain, MAN! Clint Eastwood comes riding up on his horse and says, "Make my day"
or something like that!

Kilrtoy
06-09-2004, 07:18 PM
This thread is worse than the what song are you listening to

Debbolas
06-09-2004, 07:19 PM
we should stop....................

FunOnTheWater
06-09-2004, 07:20 PM
so what was the topic again:o

Debbolas
06-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Noise restrictions on boats
NO OTHER QUESTIONS ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbolas
06-09-2004, 07:34 PM
I kinda miss Clint....................;)

Rexone
06-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Just don't mess up in the Song Chain, MAN! Clint Eastwood comes riding up on his horse and says, "Make my day"
or something like that!
I saw that guy once. He's a mean bastard.

Little Wood Boat
06-09-2004, 07:55 PM
AWESOME, ignore list works.

unleashed
06-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Ring Ring!!!!!
Damn this is one of the all time funniest posts I have ever read. Thanks for the laugh, I think you should write scripts for the movies!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

HCS
06-10-2004, 06:55 AM
So the decible reading is 86 at idle. Off road vehicles are set at 96.
Go figure. That makes about no sense.

Schiada76
06-10-2004, 06:59 AM
Thanks!
Does this get me a ride in the "Unleashed Boat" with a bevy of beauties?
Riodog
You completly miss the point as well. The few whiners that have nothing better to do in our society than bitch about other people are FNG a lot of things up. Not just boats. ORV, firearms etc.
The overwhelming majority of people that go to the strip and Havasu love fast, flashy LOUD boats and Wimmin.
I have a couple of friends with REALLY loud boats. When we run on the river people actually RUN down to the waters edge, out of the bars and on the docks and FNG CHEER!! They wave, make the motion to put hammer down, etc. Now I'm sure there's some tight ass gay mofo sittin inhis rv watching Opra when we go by that just can't tolerate us. To FNG bad, he has plenty of places to go andhang with hairy, barkeating treehuggers witout us "ruining his head trip"
The midwest fag that called us clowns has never been to the strip and needs to put things in perspective. This isn't some bucolic pond with chirpping birds and people padlling around in canoes.
Even Alan knows this and this is probably why LE at the strip is a LOT more tolerant than most places. Running zoomies in an injected flat past the Keys won't get you anywhere though. I'm not talking about "pushing the envelope" Look at the restrictions, NEW, FACTORY boats with outdrives won't pass for fu cks sake. Not just open headers.:rolleyes:

HALLETT BOY
06-10-2004, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the reply ,Alan . Wow, look at all the interest this
subject has generated ....

HCS
06-10-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by HALLETT BOY
Thanks for the reply ,Alan . Wow, look at all the interest this
subject has generated ....
Ya, even the hijackers got in on it.

BADBLOWN572
06-10-2004, 07:18 AM
I have grown up around Parker and loud boats were a thing that we loved. Our family usually stays at the house just up from the public launch ramp on the AZ side. I can be sleeping down stairs @ 6:00am and hear a blown alky flat bottom WITH ZOOMIES fire up and shake the house. SWEET!!! Even if my head is pounding from the night before, I get up and take a look. I want to see the machine and get a look at it. How can you get upset about them firing up? We knew what it was like when we decided to stay there. If anyone would have the grounds to say something, we would be in the front of the pack. A very large portion of the boats on the AZ side launch at that ramp. The last thing that I am is pissed about the noise! I get much more pissed off when a jetskier comes whipping in front of the house at full throttle.
I do agree that we have to set guidelines. I am in the minority out there, people who love loud boats, and we need to be considerate of those who are our neighbors. I would say that a fair law would be no more than 100db after 9:00pm and before 7:00am. But, cracking down on noise during the day is B U L L S H I T!!! I am not bitching at Boatcop. He has a job to do, but I do think that those who are bitching about loud boats should go meet Brucie and become his little biatch!!!
When was the last time a 1,000h.p. performance engine passed the 86db limit? Hmm....let me think, NEVER!!! So, to say that noise does not equal performance, give me a break!

USCHater
06-10-2004, 09:06 PM
hater= hate-er
hatter=hat -er
I can explain this...........the e is magic and makes the vowel say its name E, so we need to put in another letter so the e can't touch the vowel. It also works with "ing"
hop - hopping
hope - hoping
I taught this lesson to my class this year..........
Finally, a thought that I can chime in on. Hey linguistic professor, what is the phonetic spelling of "LOUD PIPES"?

Kilrtoy
06-10-2004, 10:00 PM
A fellow BRUIN is in the house,
YEAH YES

USCHater
06-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Cowboy is really funny. He's got a boat that kicks azz amongst the row boat crowd. Hey bull rider, try on 1000 ponies for size... 0 to 100 in less than 7 seconds?
I bet that I could cross your mud puddle (hope that is mud), that you so much enjoy before my boat even gets to speed.
Keep your snivelling azz right there and stay happy.
IF you ever sold enough BS to actually show up at the RIVER be prepared to be humbled. Also, prepare to have a blast. You will NEVER look at performance boating the same once you experience the REAL deal...
I honestly believe that you will come to appreciate the sound of a blown big block running full out. That is unless you have become entirely used to the ASS BLOWN BULL FARTS. Trust everyone here, they aint the same thing.....

USCHater
06-10-2004, 10:05 PM
A fellow BRUIN is in the house,
YEAH YES
FNG A. Damn straight!!!