PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe/Poker Run??

unleashed
06-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Just wondering if Tahoe is going to be enforcing there noise laws for the poker run at the end of this month. I was thinking about going but I dont want to drive all that way and kicked off the lake. Any locals want to chime in here???
Thanks,
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

NorCalCat
06-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by unleashed
Just wondering if Tahoe is going to be enforcing there noise laws for the poker run at the end of this month. I was thinking about going but I dont want to drive all that way and kicked off the lake. Any locals want to chime in here???
Thanks,
Deano
Deano,
I was just up there over Memorial weekend. I berthed next to the Captain of the Sheriff on the water. We chatted for a while. We discussed the Poker Run and other laws. He said as long as your are not running dyr stacks you are fine. And don't be the ass hole in the harbor reving your motor. He will be one of several patrolling the event.
Let me know if you are going to make it up there. My boat will be at the shop, so I will be boatless for the event, but I'll still come up.

unleashed
06-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Norcal, Didnt you just get your boat?? Why is it going to be at the shop?? I'll keep ya posted as to wether I go or not. Im trying to talk Bling, and 3DO into going. We'll see.
Deano

NorCalCat
06-07-2004, 12:34 PM
I have some motor problems. Water in the oil and a leak in the oil pan. This has been a problem from day one. So, Force is standing behind it, so I can't complain. They are dropping a fresh motor in for me that has been built for me. So I am hitting the Shasta Cat Attack and then bringing it down.

Three Days Only
06-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Good luck, I hear there still enforcing all noise ordinance on the lake, and are stricter now then ever. Im running dry pipes, guess im screwed.

NorCalCat
06-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
Good luck, I hear there still enforcing all noise ordinance on the lake, and are stricter now then ever. Im running dry pipes, guess im screwed.
I think for ht eevent, they will over look it. You can also call the El Dorado Sheriff's dept. They ar ethe ones patrolling. I really don't think it will be a problem for the one weekend.
Then again, pricks are pricks...

Dr. Eagle
06-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks,
Deano
I did that poker run a few years ago and the cops were talking about enforcing it then. The Sheriff had a boat at the starting line and just let everyone go... but that was before the 75db from shore rule went into effect.
They may look the other way and they may not. Chris, The guy that promotes that poker run told us at the drivers meeting... If anyone gets stopped for noise, we are all going the other direction as fast as we can... LOL

unleashed
06-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Damn, Thats not very reassuring. Thanks for the info guys. I think I will pass on the run then. I dont want to tow all the way up there and have it ruin my time. 3DO I guess you were right we can't do this run.:(
Deano

Three Days Only
06-07-2004, 01:09 PM
We could do the run, but it could be very expensive with the noise tickets. Bling talked to Carson, and was also told that he would need to re-jet, go to a smaller pulley for more boost, and worry all weekend about a noise ticket.
You would most likely need to do the same shit as you are lacking the EFI, guy.
Jeff
Scope Poker Run Long Beach, Thats the one dog.

unleashed
06-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Alright, maybe I'll do the Scope run. I'll keep ya posted Dog!
Deano'

Three Days Only
06-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Alright, maybe I'll do the Scope run. I'll keep ya posted Dog!
Deano'
Deanie Babie,
If your doing it, your only 15 minutes from the ramp. We will all be at the Coast Hotel by the Queen Mary. Its going to be a party, so im just going to count you IN. You need not to worry about your rig, I will help you wash your trailer!!!!!!!!! You and Faulkner, ocean going boats and painted trailers, you guys are sooooo gay.
You got that, DOG!!!!!!

Dave C
06-07-2004, 02:21 PM
What is the date of the poker run on Tahoe. I can take my new 25 out there.
Anyone know? Is there a website?

Mrs. Restless22
06-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Dave I think I heard it was the weekend of June 25. Anyone correct me if Im wrong, but I remember because I'll be at a bachelorette party in Tahoe that weekend :cool: :D

Dave C
06-07-2004, 02:27 PM
really (best Dr. Evil impression).........:D
maybe I should go and then "miraculously" run-into the BP and hopefully be treated like a piece of meat!......;)

Boatmaster
06-07-2004, 02:28 PM
A customer of mine (Rick Bowling owner/driver of Gone Again 37 Talon twin 1200 Sterlings) recieved four tickets last year all to the tune of 320 each OUCH!!! This is waterfront home owner on Tahoe that is no Jack Ass by any means, and he is idling out up to a 1/2mile to try and keep people happy. This year he through in the towel and replaced his 1200 Sterlings with 1500 Gentry turbo motors just to try and chew up the exhaust noise with the turbos and mufflers!! Your biggest problem with Tahoe is not the Sheriff, but all the TREE HUGGING YENTAs that call and squeal and at that time the Sheriff has know choise but to give you a ticket. Know joke Rick got a ticket in the mail for a weekend that he was not even at the lake because some jerk off called in and said that Gone Again boat is back out there making too much noise!!! Between this and no outboards on Tahoe (also thanks to the Tree Huggers) the lake is F*#KED as far performance boating.

Dave C
06-07-2004, 02:32 PM
I saw that boat out there. Is nice. Its by no means over the top loud.
too many tree-huggers I guess.

NorCalCat
06-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Boatmaster
A customer of mine (Rick Bowling owner/driver of Gone Again 37 Talon twin 1200 Sterlings) recieved four tickets last year all to the tune of 320 each OUCH!!! This is waterfront home owner on Tahoe that is no Jack Ass by any means, and he is idling out up to a 1/2mile to try and keep people happy. This year he through in the towel and replaced his 1200 Sterlings with 1500 Gentry turbo motors just to try and chew up the exhaust noise with the turbos and mufflers!! Your biggest problem with Tahoe is not the Sheriff, but all the TREE HUGGING YENTAs that call and squeal and at that time the Sheriff has know choise but to give you a ticket. Know joke Rick got a ticket in the mail for a weekend that he was not even at the lake because some jerk off called in and said that Gone Again boat is back out there making too much noise!!! Between this and no outboards on Tahoe (also thanks to the Tree Huggers) the lake is F*#KED as far performance boating.
Really! I will consider myself lucky. It sucks when we have these Tree Hugger's that want to make everything so damb peaceful and quite. I would love to go wild with a chainsaw in their back yard! I wonder how much that ticket would be?

skater40
06-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Predator will be there.We were there two years ago for the poker run and had no problems with noise enforcement.In fact i never saw any law enforcement on the lake.
The event will take place the weekend of june 25-27and there is more info at Pokerrunswest.com.

Tahoe Tunnel Vision
06-08-2004, 11:18 AM
You should be fine in Tahoe, just don't antagonize the law.
Idle in and around the Marinas and don't buzz the shores. The poker run will be fun and yes you will have to rejet and use a smaller prop. 6200 ft elevation.
Tim

Three Days Only
06-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Boatmaster
A customer of mine (Rick Bowling owner/driver of Gone Again 37 Talon twin 1200 Sterlings)
This year he through in the towel and replaced his 1200 Sterlings with 1500 Gentry turbo motors just to try and chew up the exhaust noise with the turbos and mufflers!!
I thought that Carson Brummet was building Ricks motors.

Three Days Only
06-08-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by skater40
Predator will be there.We were there two years ago for the poker run and had no problems with noise enforcement.In fact i never saw any law enforcement on the lake.
The event will take place the weekend of june 25-27and there is more info at Pokerrunswest.com.
Your running wet exhaust and mufflers on predator arent you?

skater40
06-08-2004, 07:54 PM
I am running the IMCO shotgun ,which is basically a wet exhaust.

stoker2001
06-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
I thought that Carson Brummet was building Ricks motors. wasnt it carson brummet that took over turbo gentrys business??

SSTahoe
06-10-2004, 05:33 AM
I have a 42' Sonic that I run on Tahoe with 800SC motors and don't have a problem with the noise, but you still have to take it easy on the trottles leaving some places on the lake (Northshore area)