PDA

View Full Version : OOOHH S**t

sam pioske
06-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Well there i was comming back off my lake, the last 7 miles are in the river to the dock i use. in late afternoons this is a beautiful winding journey no more beer, thinking of the fun had on this boating ,i have done this for 25 years. Near the end of the river maybe a half mile from the dock we usually open up a little , maybe 60- mph it will do 90. Beeeep warning horn goes off engine dies boat turns 90% left NOW goes up the 45% dirt bank out of the water. it was an OOOHH Shit thing, struggled to dig the boat back down in the water [it started] put boat on trailer
My insurance does not like me as much now!!!

VIKING
06-07-2004, 05:32 PM
What the ____ happened sam? How bad is she hurt?

sam pioske
06-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Estimates thursday, Gel coats dont hold up well on terra firma , many scratches on bottom - bow to stern. Sad part a few rocks rocks rolled down the front deck scratched it also. cracked the windshield. But even worse my great stereo now does'nt work!
oh well back to my 24' pontoon boat for awhile, its fun also but wont go 4 wheeling as easy

riverbound
06-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear that hopefully everyone is OK and hopefully your boat will be back on the water soon

Kachina26
06-09-2004, 05:32 AM
Glad to hear the human side of the equation came out ok. Sorry about the boat:( Maybe that weed whacker on the back wanted to go back to what it was made for;) :D

VIKING
06-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Glad to hear the human side of the equation came out ok. Sorry about the boat:( Maybe that weed whacker on the back wanted to go back to what it was made for;) :D
Watch it now! on the wacker jokes.:yuk:
Good looking family truckster boat Kachina. If it had a outboard on the back it might hit some real speeds:D :D