PDA

View Full Version : Best Resort in Shasta?

SoCalOffshore
06-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Where is the best place to stay at Lake Shasta? I need a marina to keep my 32' boat in the water. Any thoughts? Also, any recomendations for the best place to rent a houseboat? Thanks for the help.

Boatmaster
06-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Not the largest, but I feel its the best service and location on the lake. I've kept my 56ft houseboat there for nine years and love it. There rental houseboats are some of the best on the lake. Call Cindy at the front desk 530-238-2284. If you want a houseboat for anytime this summer you better get on it.

NorCalCat
06-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
Where is the best place to stay at Lake Shasta? I need a marina to keep my 32' boat in the water. Any thoughts? Also, any recomendations for the best place to rent a houseboat? Thanks for the help.
For the marinna and motel, I loke Bridge Bay. Easy to get to, and newer docks.

NorCalCat
06-08-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Boatmaster
Not the largest, but I feel its the best service and location on the lake. I've kept my 56ft houseboat there for nine years and love it. There rental houseboats are some of the best on the lake. Call Cindy at the front desk 530-238-2284. If you want a houseboat for anytime this summer you better get on it.
Boatmaster,
I haven't rented a houseboat in years in Shasta, you think Shasta Marina has the nicest ones? Better than Jones Valley? It has been about 7-10 yrs for me.

Boatmaster
06-08-2004, 08:20 AM
Shasta Marina , Jones and others all have the same boats. In my opinion Shasta Marinas are very nice tile floor, Direct T/V, hot tubs, fire place all the good shit. You will be very surprized the rentals have changed alot in last few years, but then again so has the rental price! Shasta Marina is under new ownership as of the last 8 years and as of this year everything in the Marina( docks, rental boats, rental houseboats) is new. Nice to see the owner of the marina at the gas dock when you pull up and not some punk ass with his pants around his knees, like all the larger marinas. Just my .02 but I spend alot of time on this lake and looked at the positives and negitives at each marina and just think Shasta Marina has a great thing going on. Nor-Cal you will see this weekend most of the crew that will be at the Cat Attack this weekend will be based out of Shasta Marina, just a bunch of nice people that know how to have a good time.

NorCalCat
06-08-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Boatmaster
Shasta Marina , Jones and others all have the same boats. In my opinion Shasta Marinas are very nice tile floor, Direct T/V, hot tubs, fire place all the good shit. You will be very surprized the rentals have changed alot in last few years, but then again so has the rental price! Shasta Marina is under new ownership as of the last 8 years and as of this year everything in the Marina( docks, rental boats, rental houseboats) is new. Nice to see the owner of the marina at the gas dock when you pull up and not some punk ass with his pants around his knees, like all the larger marinas. Just my .02 but I spend alot of time on this lake and looked at the positives and negitives at each marina and just think Shasta Marina has a great thing going on. Nor-Cal you will see this weekend most of the crew that will be at the Cat Attack this weekend will be based out of Shasta Marina, just a bunch of nice people that know how to have a good time.
Thats what I'm say'n...It is about time we get some curtious people back on the Lake. What the hell is with the pants anyways, can't be comfortable!
Can't wait.
See ya then! By the way, which boat ar you bringing?

Boatmaster
06-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Not sure yet the 22 DCB I have my be going to San Diego today. My Mirage is still at the lake from memorial day so I will always have that to fall back on. I due have something else in the works, but we shall see!!! :D

RACER52
06-08-2004, 11:14 AM
I'd have to agree with Boatmaster on Shasta Marina. It definatley has the feel of being on vacation back in the inlet.
The marina personell cant be beat.

RACER52
06-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Hey Boatmaster I have some extra life jackets for whatever you might have in the works!!!
:D
RACER

Boatmaster
06-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Thought you would like those, I told Dale he owed you one. Glad to here he took care of you.