PDA

View Full Version : scoop for new motor.

djdtpr
06-07-2004, 07:44 PM
I am wrapping up the loose ends and i dont think that the old scoop will look right on the new motor.Anyone have any pics to look at?

djdtpr
06-09-2004, 05:01 PM
Or even some ideas besides the dooley or bassett scoops.

likeFATHERlikeSON3
06-09-2004, 05:34 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=23686&size=big&password=&sort=7&thecat=998

Checkmate
06-09-2004, 06:47 PM
What's your old one look like ? Want to sell it ?

djdtpr
06-09-2004, 07:02 PM
It is a fiberglass harwood like the one that Cyclone used to have on his boat set up on a tunnel ram.Iam probably going to keep it and put it on my flatty if i ever get around to putting a motor back in it.

MudPumper
06-09-2004, 11:54 PM
If your not going fiberglass, I'm a big fan of the BDS Scoops, they come in single and double carb setups.
Heres a link
Blower Drive Service Scoops (http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/scoop_carb.html)

BigBoyToys
06-10-2004, 05:22 AM
I like the Scoops that Sangster makes. Works well on my Jet Boat

wrightnow
06-10-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm with you wanted something differant than the norm....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000Dsc03581.jpg

Cole Sanger
06-10-2004, 12:37 PM
I too am in the process of getting my scoop painted. It is like the one Wrightnow has. I wanted something different.

djdtpr
06-10-2004, 08:01 PM
I am going from a tunnel ram to a blower and it seems like there arent any choices for scoops except the bds,dooley or the bassett scoop.Idont think the fiberglass one looks right on it now.

Bense468
06-10-2004, 09:33 PM
THe BDS scoops don't work too well. They really choke the motor down. You will see better numbers out there if you just took it off. Some people run them...but there is a thread over in the V-drive section that talks about that as well. In the other hand I don't think dooley's work the best either, they just look good. I hear what you are saying with the fiberglass and the blower. Sits a little too tall. They look good on TR motors.
BTW...how the hell you doing Danny? Talked to Chris today. Said he cracked the hull. Wtf happened there. Kind of miss you guys down there. Justen is my roommate now...and he was just talking about you yesterday I think. How is your better (sober) half doing?

djdtpr
06-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Bense whats hapening?Things are good here,the better half is still the better half and will be alot happier when this stupid boat is on the water again.I think all the times of jumping Chris's boat finally took its tole.I guess Todd is taking care of him.Tell justin the big baller i said whats up.When are you heading down to the river with us this year.Hey chet said to tell you whats up!

Sniper4x4
06-12-2004, 10:53 AM
There is a scoop that I 've seen before it has two circles on the front of it and the back just flows down to the second carb it looks bad ass if I didn't spend as much as I did for my Dooley I'd buy one of those instead.

Bense468
06-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by djdplacecraft
Bense whats hapening?Things are good here,the better half is still the better half and will be alot happier when this stupid boat is on the water again.I think all the times of jumping Chris's boat finally took its tole.I guess Todd is taking care of him.Tell justin the big baller i said whats up.When are you heading down to the river with us this year.Hey chet said to tell you whats up!
I would love to make it down. Chris needs to invite. I am not runnng a boat this year. All I need is a ride to the sandbar and I am legit. Thats where I will end up staying the rest of the day anyway..boat or not. Was kind of thinking about buying something just to **** around this summer in and then turning it. But I am not going to waste my time on that.
Tell Chet that he needs to be quiet around camp. Smokey the bear is watching him at all times.
Hey are shaun and those guys back this year or did they get the boot. You need to come clean that CP up, so get that motor running. Did I tell you I saw him in Glamis. He said whats up, and that was it LOL

MudPumper
06-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Sniper4x4
There is a scoop that I 've seen before it has two circles on the front of it and the back just flows down to the second carb it looks bad ass if I didn't spend as much as I did for my Dooley I'd buy one of those instead.
Cyclone runs one, it's a shotgun scoop. I don't know where you get them.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1653FC_Mike_Jessa-med.JPG

Sniper4x4
06-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Thats the one personally I prefer it over the rest of 'em out there. Do any of you know if there is a way to filter the inside or any type of fuel arrestor in there ?

djdtpr
06-12-2004, 09:22 PM
I like cyclones scoop but i will eventualy be around him on the river and i dont want to have the same scoop especialy one that is as uncomon as that one.
Bense you need to just jump in with Chris when he goes to the river over the forth i should have the heep together and dialed in by then.Ihad jack do the pump and set it back alittle this last winter.He made a new shoe and rideplate and grate for it so it will take a trip or two to dial it in.I still dont know if it will hand it to seans cp but if it doesnt i guess i will put the nozzles in the holes that are in the manifold and try again or change pulleys!

flat broke
06-13-2004, 12:02 AM
DJD,
How bout somethin like this?
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/19hacks_filters.jpg
Cheap to make if you wanted to do it yourself, and this particular unit flowed 2 hp better than no breathers at all on the dyno.
Chris

Bense468
06-14-2004, 10:13 AM
You will get that CP. Heard his boat was starting to run good, then had some issues with it running lean. I hear you with the holes in the manifold. It will be a fun summer...thats for sure. I will talk to Chris about the 4th