PDA

View Full Version : 94 Edge Tunnel for sale- spam

edgey1
06-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Great Tom Papp built boat must sell, as I have a boat in the mold and need the money. For sale at $19,900.
Second post ever, so I may screw this up. A bunch of pictures are in the image center, but I am afraid I have yet to get them into the post. Some help maybe?
Absolutely turnkey. Gen IV, 4 bolt 454 with dual 750 cfm Barry Grant double pumpers on a Holley pro dominator tunnel ram. GM rectangular port aluminum heads. Inconel exhaust valves, Lunati solid flat tappet (pretty sure it is a 40211) with Crane gold roller rockers and a stud girdle. ARP hardware throughout. Motor built with forged rotating assembly, with 8:1 forged pistons to be a blower motor that never got the blower. To make up for the power, it has a very nice NO2 hit with the button! NO2 has it's own dedicated Aeromotive electric pump and regulation. Big fuel filter and water seperator. Full MSD 7 marine ignition with 6600 rev chip. All stainless braided hose except for oil filter relocater- dual filters. Carries up to 58 gallons of gas. Has Eddie removable stainless baffles to quiet it down when you want.
The boat ran a best of 72 off the bottle with the pump completely stock and a cut B impeller. The pump was just completely worked over by Tom Papp. Maybe 4 hours on it. Mag bronze AB, stainless inducer, stuffer, and all of his flow improvements (call him to ask about this boat, he just had it in his shop). Will stay on plane with just me in it at 2,600 rpm. 4900-5000 WOT. Intake reset and glassed in-ramp. New and nicer transom adaptor than shown in the pic. Place diverter with adjustable nozzle inserts with electric adjust on steering wheel. Hull has a race bottom applied by Papp.
On the button this boat hits hard and runs through 90 in a hurry. 95 mph was the best I have seen with the OLD pump setup (GPS checked the speedo to be right on at 88 that morning). I have not run the NO2 with the new pump yet as I need to re-wire some of the solenoid stuff. I expect that it should run at least as fast as the stock setup, likely faster.
Doghouse has been around this boat since I bought it (he made me! ;-) and is another source to confirm or deny my suggestions here.
Good interior can seat 5. Brand new med grey carpet has only 4 trips. Gelcoat color sanded by Havasu Barney this winter looks great. Has nav lights.
Dual axle trailer with brakes. Brand new surge brake. Tires very good.
Includes a color matched cockpit cover, and a custom full cover made of water proof Sunbrella (sp? cost me $800).
This is a very nice, fully ready to go boat that I just pumped almost $6,000 into. For sale $19,900. The history is well-known and can provide all reciepts, history, and names of builder, rigger, previous owners, etc.
If you are serious, let's go to the water and let the boat sell itself.
Backround history: purchased out of Kentucky a little over a year ago and can find more pictures if you search for '94 Edge Jetboat', or I think 'Jeff in KY'.

DogHouse
06-08-2004, 05:29 AM
Here ya go...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1701Doghouse_brospeedrun-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1701fnt_qtr_at_lake.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1701front_lady_at_lake-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1701Dcp_0113-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1701Dcp_0175-med.jpg
:cool:

edgey1
06-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Oops-
Can be contacted at 661 275-4591 during the day, and 661 256-4026 in the evenings.
The boat also has a ratchet release by Don's that was completely rebuilt with the pump.
Still looking for some help to get pics from the image center, thanks.
Greg

edgey1
06-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Can I answer some questions?
Greg

HammerDown
06-10-2004, 04:53 AM
Yea I belive thats the same Boat I was very interested in. And as usual, I messed up.... should-ah bought it at the time for a good price.

DogHouse
06-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by HammerDown
Yea I belive thats the same Boat I was very interested in. And as usual, I messed up.... should-ah bought it at the time for a good price.
The boat is in much better condition now than it was last year and is still a good price, definitely a better value overall, IMO.
:cool:

Mr.Havasu
06-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Is it a 21' boat and does it have a stereo?

DogHouse
06-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by warlock25
Is it a 21' boat and does it have a stereo?
Yes, it's the 21 "Phantom". Stereo is basic, marine cd player (possibly a Clarion???) and a couple of speakers. Can't remember if there's an amp or not.
-brian

Mr.Havasu
06-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the info, Not really looking for a killer stereo, just curious if it had anything in it to listen to some cd's while out on the water. I'm very interested in seeing this boat, hopefully I can hook up with Greg this Sunday when I'm in Ca, I left a message for him waiting to hear back.
John

DogHouse
06-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Think he's headed up to play on the Delta for the weekend. I'll try to get ahold of him before he leaves and make sure he knows about your message. -brian

edgey1
06-11-2004, 06:56 AM
The boat is 21 feet long and compares very closely to the Daytona.
It has a stereo/cassette that has it's own waterpoof/resistant head unit (digital, can't remember the type although it has provisions for a CD changer). Has 4 speakers and sounds reasonable, but has no amplification (it won't impress the beach much..).
Greg

Mr.Havasu
06-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the info, Can't wait to see it!

edgey1
06-21-2004, 05:55 PM
This is a pretty darn nice boat folks and is totally ready to go. All the money I just dumped into it goes to the buyer for practically nothing. Ask some questions!
Greg

Mr.Havasu
06-21-2004, 06:39 PM
I didn't want to ask any questions and bring it back to the top again. I wanted to hog this one all to myself!:D
Can't wait to see it.... now shhhuuussshhh I don't want someone to steal my new boat out from under me;)

summerlove
07-01-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by warlock25
I didn't want to ask any questions and bring it back to the top again. I wanted to hog this one all to myself!:D
Can't wait to see it.... now shhhuuussshhh I don't want someone to steal my new boat out from under me;)
Nice boat John - I hope you get it!

DogHouse
07-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Bump!
:D