PDA

View Full Version : Roostwear

MudPumper
06-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Did you try the loader????

roostwear
06-08-2004, 11:33 AM
Tried it out this weekend, and it really didn't do much, if anything. I GPSd 68.3 downriver with a 2.4 mph current. Previous best was 65.5mph. The topper was one of the loader bolts didn't seal, and I was working the bilge pump overtime all weekend. Still better than staying home, though :D
I'll be putting the rock grate back on and returning the loader. Shelley and Dana can learn with this boat, and we can use it for family cruises. I'll be looking for another boat to put some power to. :eek:

flat broke
06-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Mike,
If you ask me, you got a deal!
You picked up 2.8 mph and aren't happy with the results? At that rate you could buy 10mph for $892.86 (assuming the loader was 250). I know plenty of folks that would like that kind of MPH/$ ratio. :D
Chris

roostwear
06-08-2004, 01:39 PM
I guess I'm being picky, but the 65.5 was adjusted. The 68.3 minus the current (2.4), netted me 65.9 mph. If I'm looking at it wrong, let me know, but it seems like I only picked up .4 mph
Jack mentioned a FAST open bow would be around 80. It'll take me LOT$$$$ to gain 15 mph, and then I hit the ceiling.
I'm thinking I'd be better off using the money I would spend on a 15mph faster openbow on building a cool old Hondo. At least that's what I'm telling Shelley :D

victorfb
06-08-2004, 02:30 PM
mike... again. your wife called and said it was ok. :D
god i love that phrase.

MudPumper
06-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by victorfb
mike... again. your wife called and said it was ok. :D
god i love that phrase.
And if it's not ok with her...........well, just ask Wrightnow what to do!!!!!:D

wsuwrhr
06-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
And if it's not ok with her...........well, just ask Wrightnow what to do!!!!!:D
"Let her Bitch"
I love that.
I had a feeling that is what it meant, but I had to ask anyway.
Brian

roostwear
06-08-2004, 03:29 PM
It's this kind of support and reassurance that makes me worry sometimes.......

wsuwrhr
06-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by roostwear
It's this kind of support and reassurance that makes me worry sometimes.......
Quit whining, keep the loader, bet a better job to buy groceries. Better yet, sell some stickers, shirts and hitch covers!!!!
I have an idea...
When is the "Anthony Boats" full line-up due in?
Brian

riverbound
06-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
Quit whining, keep the loader, bet a better job to buy groceries. Better yet, sell some stickers, shirts and hitch covers!!!!
I have an idea...
When is the "Anthony Boats" full line-up due in?
Brian
I would buy some spectra stuff

flat broke
06-08-2004, 04:03 PM
I guess I'm being picky, but the 65.5 was adjusted. The 68.3 minus the current (2.4), netted me 65.9 mph. If I'm looking at it wrong, let me know, but it seems like I only picked up .4 mph
Jack mentioned a FAST open bow would be around 80. It'll take me LOT$$$$ to gain 15 mph, and then I hit the ceiling.
I'm thinking I'd be better off using the money I would spend on a 15mph faster openbow on building a cool old Hondo. At least that's what I'm telling Shelley :D
My bad, I assumed that the 65.5 was also going downriver in a similar current.
Chris

roostwear
06-08-2004, 05:58 PM
I wish it was. Then I could deal with keeping a $200 loader much easier. At this rate it will take thousands just to hit 80!

wsuwrhr
06-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by riverbound
I would buy some spectra stuff
I'm making sales already.
Brian
looking for my commission

TRG
06-08-2004, 08:51 PM
hey mike, if you would like to try any of my set-up, you are more than welcom!...considering that we have pretty much the same hull, i may have an idea along with some extra hdwr that might help you out before you start looking for another boat?
call me if interested!
626-991-9031
Todd

roostwear
06-08-2004, 08:58 PM
I'm making sales already.
Brian
looking for my commission
Holy shit! Bein' squeezed for commission on something I don't even offer! I'll include it in the money from all that Antney Boats swag I'm making. BTW, did you ever find someone ELSE that has one? :D

wrightnow
06-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
God am I glad my wife doesn't read the boards, I have and still am taking shit from her about the name on the scoop, but it is what it is. :D :D
Mark

roostwear
06-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Todd,
Thanks for the offer.... about all I have to adjust is the ride plate, and to be honest, this sucker is REALLY aired out at 65. I don't have a split bowl, so a droop is out of the question. I could try a shoe, but the E housing doesn't have a lot of metal to mount one.
I'm not getting rid of this one. I'll probably leave it at the river house, and buy another boat to build. I've always wanted to restore a Hondo, but with a Panther? Yeesh. Maybe if I found a Rogers to play with.......

TRG
06-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Funny!...i know where there is one!

superdave013
06-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Atta boy! :)

TRG
06-08-2004, 09:12 PM
dont steal him yet dave! im not done with him!!:yuk: lol

roostwear
06-09-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
Funny!...i know where there is one!
This Rogers that you "know" of..... how much would it hurt my wallet?
Roost (gonna have to start mooching beers) wear

wsuwrhr
06-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Todd,
Thanks for the offer.... about all I have to adjust is the ride plate, and to be honest, this sucker is REALLY aired out at 65. I don't have a split bowl, so a droop is out of the question. I could try a shoe, but the E housing doesn't have a lot of metal to mount one.
I'm not getting rid of this one. I'll probably leave it at the river house, and buy another boat to build. I've always wanted to restore a Hondo, but with a Panther? Yeesh. Maybe if I found a Rogers to play with.......
The bowl could be converted.
Brian

roostwear
06-09-2004, 06:55 PM
The bowl could be converted.
Brian
I'll remember that on the next boat.....

wsuwrhr
06-09-2004, 08:55 PM
I'll remember that on the next boat.....
Wasted youth...
Brian