PDA

View Full Version : bent Propshaft?

75 B-Boat
06-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Ok got a question i was under my boat this weekend and noticed that it has a bent prop shaft. (when i spin the shaft i can see it is out of round where it goes thru the bottom of the boat) can this be fixed or do i need a new shaft the boat is a 75 Beismeyer b-Boat thanks for your help

ColeTR1
06-08-2004, 02:51 PM
If you have a press, dial indicator and jig and lots of time you can get it straight. For about five hundred buck you can get a new one. Make sure you get a high performance one. Ron at RBProps.com (http://www.rbprops.com) gave me a good price. call around first:)

BigBoyToys
06-08-2004, 04:24 PM
No no, with a bent propshaft, you have to sell the boat. B Boats with bent propshafts are not repairable. Give me a call, PM, or email and I'll take the boat off your hands for ya so you're not stuck with it:D :D ;) LOL

1st Timer
06-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BigBoyToys
No no, with a bent propshaft, you have to sell the boat. B Boats with bent propshafts are not repairable. Give me a call, PM, or email and I'll take the boat off your hands for ya so you're not stuck with it:D :D ;) LOL
BINGO

BigBoyToys
06-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Just Messin' with ya Fred;) I got most of my B Boat stuff from Bergeron, but there's lotsa different places to get a propshaft. Just get a good one and be done with it, it would be too time consuming and probably not cost effective trying to straighten a propshaft. How's that boat coming along? Are you gonna have it in the water soon?

75 B-Boat
06-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the Replys guys new one it is.
BBT,
It is coming along Motor is almost done then Propshaft them Water hopefully soon

superdave013
06-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Tom Bentley @ Menkens V Drives is pretty close to you I'm thinkin.

BigBoyToys
06-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by 75 B-Boat
Thanks for the Replys guys new one it is.
BBT,
It is coming along Motor is almost done then Propshaft them Water hopefully soon
Are you still sticking with the BBF?

75 B-Boat
06-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Ya still BBF should be pretty Stout i am being told to expect 600HP we will see how it runs

Race Bob
06-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 75 B-Boat
Ok got a question i was under my boat this weekend and noticed that it has a bent prop shaft. (when i spin the shaft i can see it is out of round where it goes thru the bottom of the boat) can this be fixed or do i need a new shaft the boat is a 75 Beismeyer b-Boat thanks for your help I had the same thing happen last year ,I ordered a new one from bergeron and found a machine shop in sacramento who straightened my old one for 60.00 bucks and worked fine.If you want the shops name pm me and i'll dig out the reciept. Bob

Hud
06-09-2004, 08:05 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119untitled56mm.JPG