PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up to Maverick Marine & My Bro

TheEduKATor
06-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Two enthusiastic thumbs up to Eric and the guys at Maverick Marine. My bro just left there and Eric stayed over and hour after shop hours to get it done. Eric said it was around a $1500 dollar job that cost us $25 dollars since we have the extended warranty through Mercury. The cable was damage, the linkage connecting it to the drive was broke due to corrosion, and some various other parts needed to be replaced. He showed my bro all the old parts and explained what was done. You think these kinds of things would have been noticed at the last service since the boat was used only twice since then.
A bigger thanks goes out to my bro who came down from San Berdo to SD to support MsEduKATor at her marathon this weekend, then went back to San Berdo and drove the boat over to Marerick Marine in Van Nuys. He left at 6 am this morning but do to cluster f u c k s on the freeways it took him 3 hours to get there. He gave up the rest of his day and hung around there until is was done a little over 15 minutes ago, and now he's on his way back to San Berdo which is gonna probably take another 3 hours with traffic. Our usual shop is only 2 miles away from my bro, but I don't think we will be going back there anymore due to the problems we've had lately. Thanks bro I owe you one before you leave. Havasu here we come for our third attempt this season. So far we are 0-2, 3rd times a charm.
al'coholic, thanks for the info and directions.

dicudmore
06-08-2004, 06:13 PM
always good to hear about good service....
glad they got you back up and running :D

TheEduKATor
06-08-2004, 06:15 PM
yeah it's not too often you hear about it, so I thought I'd spread the good word.

twistedpair
06-08-2004, 06:20 PM
gotta love extended warranties! Did they tell you what caused the corrosion? That seems pretty extreme for such a new boat. How do you zincs look? Maybe some grounding or electrolysis issues.

TheEduKATor
06-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Eric told my bro that the clamp that comes off the drive which holds the drive cable failed and it let water seep into the cable housing. That water then caused the corrosion in the cable. How the clamp failed in the first place, now that remains a mistery. Sounds like an episode of CSI.

Goldilocks
06-08-2004, 06:35 PM
Sweet!! I'm glad you got your boat fixed. When are you guys going out again? How did Ms EduKATor do in her marathon?

TheEduKATor
06-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Thanks Jenn. I'm not sure when we are going out, but it's going to be soon since Ray leaves at the end of June. I'm going to have to start charging you and Matt everytime you use the word slurricane. I think I have the legal rights to that name. :D
Nicole did great in my mind, but she said it was 10 times as hard as last year. She was in Urgent Care the night before the race due to a pretty bad sinus infection and she came down with the flu. Despite that she ran the whole marathon even without being able to breath through her nose as much as she would have liked, but she finished and we partied afterwards in old town san diego, and PB. She's a trooper.

Goldilocks
06-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Damn, she is a trooper! Tell her I said congrats!!
The word slurricane is getting a little popular on here :)
They were popular this past weekend.

Kilrtoy
06-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Glad to hear all worked out well, the drive is gonna suck for your brother.

TheEduKATor
06-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Yeah I've heard slurrican mentioned in alot of the OP6 threads. As long as they did the job.
She said the pain she went through is nothing compared to what people with cancer have to go through, so she wasn't about to quit. That and my bro kept telling her Move Your Ass, which seemed to work.

Goldilocks
06-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by TheEduKATor
Yeah I've heard slurrican mentioned in alot of the OP6 threads. As long as they did the job.
They did, but they aren't as good compared to yours. We cheat and buy the premixed bottles :)

TheEduKATor
06-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Kilrtoy,
Yeah, I just called him and he's hating it. He hated it at 6:30am this morning. He stuck around in Van Nuys because he knew he wouldn't make it on time if he drove back to san berdo this morning then back out to van nuys before they closed.

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Glad to hear you're back on the water. Sounds like your Bellows may have been leaking????
Congrats... see you on the water after I get my boat finished...

rivercrazy
06-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Erik down there is the shit! That is a top notch shop:D

TheEduKATor
06-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Well it's back home thanks to my bro and it looks like we aren't going to know how good it shifts in and out of gear unless we get it on the water. :D Once Friday rolls around, school is out for summer.
Dr. Eagle, hurry up and get that boat together.

Phat Matt
06-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Thanks Jenn. I'm not sure when we are going out, but it's going to be soon since Ray leaves at the end of June. I'm going to have to start charging you and Matt everytime you use the word slurricane. I think I have the legal rights to that name. :D
Hey man, I am just trying to carry on the legacy since yo haven't been around! You are stil the king of Slurricanes! You bring 5 gallons, I bring a couple of premixed bottles. There is no comparison...but I do get peeps started to Slurryness! :D
We will be in Havasu the weekend before the 4th of July and the weekend of. When does Ray leave. It would be nice to get one more trip in before he's gone. Want to meet us in Vegs this weekend? Mead by day, clubs by night?
Let me know.

TheEduKATor
06-09-2004, 07:29 AM
He leaves June 29th or the 30th depending on how long it's going to take us to get to Wyoming towing. I probably won't get back till after the 4th of July.
I'm not sure what we have planned for this weekend. I still have to report to work on monday to turn in grades and check in my room keys. I've taken at least one day off for the last 3 weeks but I can't take this monday off.

Phat Matt
06-09-2004, 08:04 AM
He leaves June 29th or the 30th depending on how long it's going to take us to get to Wyoming towing. I probably won't get back till after the 4th of July.
I'm not sure what we have planned for this weekend. I still have to report to work on monday to turn in grades and check in my room keys. I've taken at least one day off for the last 3 weeks but I can't take this monday off.
Well then go to Havasu on 25th-27th. We'll be there and we could send him off right!

al cole'holic
06-09-2004, 08:37 AM
...awesome! Glad to hear the warranty came into play on this deal and it worked out for you. To anyone else out there, if you have a Merc warranty, take your boat in on a regular basis!! If there is anything questionable and you take it to a someone like Eric @ Maveric for your services you can rest assured that he will replace it or do the work under the warranty to get you straight, even if you had no idea there was anything wrong :D

TheEduKATor
06-09-2004, 10:56 AM
So far the extended warranty has paid for itself. We bought the warranty through merc that is good up to 5 years I believe. Like I've said in some of my other posts, we have the worst luck with anything we purchase, cars, boats, and pretty much anything else that has moving parts. I hope we are good for the rest of the summer. Knock on wood!

Krumbsnatcher
06-17-2004, 01:55 PM
So far the extended warranty has paid for itself. We bought the warranty through merc that is good up to 5 years I believe. Like I've said in some of my other posts, we have the worst luck with anything we purchase, cars, boats, and pretty much anything else that has moving parts. I hope we are good for the rest of the summer. Knock on wood!
Try Absolute Marine on Industrial Aron is a right up guy who does great work at reasonable prices. He does not care if your boat cost $700k or 5K he will treat each customer with respect and he knows his stuff.
By the way most of his clients have $150k boats and up. I had my IMCO SC Extreme drive installed on a saturday morning, which requires a special installation (cutting), my final bill was $150.
Good Guys.

mbrown2
07-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Anybody have the number handy to Maverick Marine...can't seem to find it through other searches?

mbrown2
07-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Disregard...just found it..

mirvin
07-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Eric and Maverick are awsome. I stop by there on my lunch break sometimes just for fun:D He's always got some really spankin boats in there. He's always taken care of me.
mirvin