PDA

View Full Version : Just watch this

Kachina26
06-08-2004, 09:09 PM
I won't describe it except to say that it is clean and not gross. Sorry guys, just give your opinion. Edit, I promise this is not gross. It just makes you think.video link (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/dontloot.wmv)

Jrocket
06-08-2004, 09:12 PM
well,uh,not too sure what to say on that one.Im still thinking about it.Seems out of line for sure,doesnt it?

RiverToysJas
06-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Disturbing.......

Goldilocks
06-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Definitely didn't have a good feeling after watching it.

dicudmore
06-08-2004, 09:17 PM
mmmm.....
not good

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 09:17 PM
I wasn't brave enough to look................;)

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
Disturbing.......
Well they could have put the guys back IN the car before the did that...
That was a bit much, I must admit...
that sounded like it was from Frontline which is a very slanted view of the world however...

NorCal Gameshow
06-08-2004, 09:19 PM
with replies like: disturbing...and not good
me no lookie:D

Kachina26
06-08-2004, 09:19 PM
I feel better now, I supported and continue to support the war. But one could easily see why there are reports of the Iraqis wanting us to wrap it up and go home. I always thought that those folks that said that were just ungrateful for the sacrifices we made. Now, well.......I gotta wonder a bit.

Kachina26
06-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
with replies like: disturbing...and not good
me no lookie:D
Not disturbing in that sense, I promise

LASERRAY
06-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Oh Well.............................................. .......!
They're lucky they spared their lives.
:cool:

dmontzsta
06-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Its nothing bad Deb. :) no worries.
It really makes me sad, it makes us look like a bunch of savages. :(

TheEduKATor
06-08-2004, 09:30 PM
If we handled looting like that here during the Watts riots, there probably wouldn't have been much looting.

Jrocket
06-08-2004, 09:32 PM
A few bad apples is what it is.Thousands of good people are still around.:)

NorCal Gameshow
06-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
Its nothing bad Deb. :) no worries.
It really makes me sad, it makes us look like a bunch of savages. :(
it was just a car....after sadam's regime ....savages...really:confused:

Kachina26
06-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Actually, I'm ok with shooting looters. It didn't really seem like they caught them looting. Of course it's just a short clip. But putting a bunch of rounds into the car before smashing it with a tank? Kinda like taking away a childs toy as a legit punishment but gloating about how you have control over them. Really, they look like Laker fans with uniforms.:D

Kilrtoy
06-08-2004, 09:36 PM
To bad we dont do the same here to criminals, They are the enemy, SO F**** THEM......

Kachina26
06-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
To bad we dont do the same here to criminals, They are the enemy, SO F**** THEM......
They are the enemy? I thought they were the people we are trying to liberate? Ain't this "Operation Iraqi freedom" ? Don't get me wrong I'm no bleeding heart, just that one scence sits funny with me:confused:

novaguy
06-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Like the soldier said "that's what you get when you loot"
...good job men!

Kilrtoy
06-08-2004, 09:43 PM
I thought the begining of the video stated that they came across the iraqi army looting

MudPumper
06-08-2004, 09:51 PM
But then after we come in and destroy most everything in the country, can you blame them for looting. WTF, don't get me wrong, I'm %100 American and support our troops, but where do you draw the line.

Kilrtoy
06-08-2004, 09:57 PM
They were stealing shit. End of story.
just like when they come hear commit criminal acts then play stupid when caught

dmontzsta
06-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
it was just a car....after sadam's regime ....savages...really:confused:
It was more than just the car. It was a mans business. It would be like some foreign country coming and taking over the US. They claim to be helping YOU but you see your fellow americans treated like POS and dominated.
I guess savages is the wrong word, but it does make us look bad.

locogringo
06-08-2004, 10:02 PM
at least they didn't cut off their hands when they got caught like they would have if we weren't there monitoring still.

Kachina26
06-08-2004, 10:03 PM
I thought the begining of the video stated that they came across the iraqi army looting
I was confused by the audio myself the first time through. It says "There was still some looting going on when we(the filmcrew not the tankers) arrived. And when we came across soldiers (the tankers) they didn't seem sure of their role......." It has an obvious anti war slant, but the tankers actions back it up. Who know for sure the whole circumstances. They make it seem like it was just wood, but that wood coulda been someones fence that was holding livestock (read dinner) in the yard. Like I said, probably a legit punishment, just being issued by immature kids. Or at least the one guy who was mugging for the camera.

Jrocket
06-08-2004, 10:04 PM
They were stealing shit. End of story.
True.But I dont think the guys in the tank should be making up the rules of punishment on their own.If we do crap like this then we are no better than the people that are doing wrong.To an extent.

Kachina26
06-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
It was more than just the car. It was a mans business. It would be like some foreign country coming and taking over the US. They claim to be helping YOU but you see your fellow americans treated like POS and dominated.
If you use your business in the commision of a crime in America you stand to lose it the same as that guy lost his. I saw a guy get his bosses crane towed away on Cops for picking up hookers.

Rexone
06-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Everything you see on the internet's true right?
Al Gore said so. After all he wouldn't invent something to promote falsities would he?
Could it be there's more to this story than in the clip? Could it be there's more to the story than you hear on the NBC nightly news or CNN? Could it be the taxi driver part was one reporters fabrication to paint a story the way he wanted it to appear? Or perhaps a fabrication of who put the clip together?
Just things to consider before jumping to conclusions.
And having said all that I can't say I disagree with the outcome if they were looters and stealing. If I went out and looted I would get caught, sued, and possibly lose my livlihood over such a stupid stunt as well.
Rex(skeptical)one

Jrocket
06-08-2004, 10:17 PM
What you said is true,it should be looked at from all sides or ideas.I looked at it with no commentary and just video.Why did they shoot at a car and then run it over with a tank.Seems like no reason to me.The car didnt need the windsheild shot out or was it in any way that it needed to be flattened like a pancake?Thats the way I look at it.I didnt even think of the reporters words.Even if they did get caught for stealing wood,what are the rules for punishment over there?Do they have laws and such or does every American serviceman just have the right to lay down some destruction.
Not too clear on how things work over there at this time?

riverbound
06-08-2004, 10:18 PM
You can' tbelieve everything you read watch on the internet

Jrocket
06-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by riverbound
You can' tbelieve everything you read watch on the internet
Very true indeed.

Rexone
06-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Jrocket just consider if the commentary is total bs and the dudes did something completely different like were caught hauling a load of weapons or gernades in route to kill our soldiers and iraqi's as well. or a car load of stolen iraqi cash or gold bars, who knows. Technology today allows anyone to create anything and pass it off as the truth to anyone who'll listen. Propaganda is not a new concept, just easier to produce now than it use to be.
We will never know for sure but to believe things just because they appear on the internet is foolish. Imagine if you believed everything everyone posted on this forum. :eek: Or everything you received in email or a pop up ad.
If you believe Al Gore invented the internet please disregard all of the above and continue with you browsing experience. ;)
Also perhaps consider the other contents of the source website. ;)

Kilrtoy
06-08-2004, 10:24 PM
I have never been to WAR, if you have please chime in.
They felt the need to render the car unoperational, So they did,
GOD BLESS THEM. None of us were there, as I see it, they did the will of the Iraqi's and the America

RiverToysJas
06-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Hell, they could have bought that car off the guys for $100 US Dollars, just to destroy it with their tank!!! We don't know.
As it stands though, with the commentary, it's disturbing! ;)
RTJas :D

Phat Matt
06-08-2004, 10:28 PM
taxi! :)

MudPumper
06-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Obviously there is a lot to the story we don't know, but from what I saw, I didn't see the need to render the car inoperable. Seemed to me like the black soldier had a huge ego.

Jrocket
06-08-2004, 10:34 PM
I see your point and agree with you.Still something doesnt seem right.To fire rounds into the window and then run the car over is what throws me off,not the commentary.I ignored that from the start.I guess we will never know the true story on this.

RiverToysJas
06-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
..... Seemed to me like the black soldier had a huge dick.
:eek:

MudPumper
06-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Mudpumper also has a huge dick!!
RTJas :D [/B]
Nice one RTJ!!:D

Jrocket
06-08-2004, 10:36 PM
LMAO...here we go!:D

RiverToysJas
06-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Nice dick RTJ!!:D
Thanks! :D

MudPumper
06-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
LMAO...I want RTJ's Cock!:D
It's getting late!!!:D LMAO

MudPumper
06-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Thanks for titty fu cking me Mudpumper! :D
Oh for f ucks sake!!!

RiverToysJas
06-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Oh for f ucks sake!!!
LMAO!!! :D:D:D

Rexone
06-08-2004, 10:44 PM
As it stands though, with the commentary, it's disturbing! ;)
I also find it disturbing when bands of Iraqis (perhaps these same gentlemen, perhaps not, perhaps their brothers or buddies, perhaps not) ambush and massicre our soldiers and western workers that's purpose in that country is to restore order and bring lawlessness to an end and rebuild the infrastructure (with our money) so the country can return to some degree of civilized and we can leave.
So I'm really struggling with the car sympathy dealio.

MudPumper
06-08-2004, 10:46 PM
I hear you rex, sometimes I think we should just bomb the whole f'ing country. Ok..........Most of the time I think that!!! Besides Oil, I can't think of anything productive that region offers the world!!

Jrocket
06-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
I also find it disturbing when bands of Iraqis (perhaps these same gentlemen, perhaps not, perhaps their brothers or buddies, perhaps not) ambush and massicre our soldiers and western workers that's purpose in that country is to restore order and bring lawlessness to an end and rebuild the infrastructure (with our money) so the country can return to some degree of civilized and we can leave.
Im not having any sympathy for the car deal,but I am having a hard time wondering why we are using our money to rebuild the infrastructure again.On one hand I can see why we are there,but on the other I just dont get it.
We needed to stop certain people from doing any more harm and or possible future of harm to us and others....BUT why do we always have to be the ones to step in and foot the bill? Im not looking for an arguement from anybody here just answers.Im not that caught up in politics or social events,maybe thats why I dont understand half this crap.:confused:

clownpuncher
06-08-2004, 11:36 PM
What's so "disturbing"? We have no idea what the circs were so quit second guessing.
Why do some people support our troops in one breath, then condemn them in the next breath when they see reality.
Like I said, until YOU know what the circs were, don't start back peddling when you see something that might be construed as controversial. Shit happens when the chips are down.

RiverToysJas
06-09-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
I find it disburbing when we send our troops half way around the world to impose our way of life on people who don't want it. Maybe you'd do the same thing as those bands of Iraquis if someone from half way around the world came into your neighborhood and tried to impose their will and beliefs on you and your family. Or maybe you'd roll over and take it like the French. Perhaps you'd trust they were actually trying to help you to have something better, but I doubt it.
I'm all about destoying the people who attacked us, and those that support them. I'm not about the rebuilding, that's all.
RTJas

v-drive
06-09-2004, 04:53 AM
I will not mention all of the americans that have been killed or mutilated for just being there. If that was not staged (witch I doubt) there is a deeper issue than what was shown. I guess I think it was probably bullvine skittology.
:D v-drive

THATJEFFGUY
06-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Damn..what a waste of bullets !!

FRENCHIE
06-09-2004, 05:15 PM
dont like it!:(

mmered8299
06-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Those guys arnt looters. That was Omar. I saw him at Home Depot the other day loading up the wood. I said watsup. He told me He was going to rebuild the gazebo this weekend out back by the pool! lol.
I think the Iraqis are going to have a hard time learning the difference between right and wrong. They just learned what can happen when they do wrong. I'm not saying that what the G.I.s did was right, but the looters should be doing some thing positive, not missbehaving. But shit they dont' know any better.

Kachina26
06-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by THATJEFFGUY
Damn..what a waste of bullets !!
Ha Ha, That was one of my first impressions! Hey man, this crap costs money! Did you really need to shoot the windshield????

RiverPirate
06-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Savage's??? Please....until you have walked a mile in someones shoes you have no idea what is going on there or what our guys are going through. The war in Iraq is not a video game where you can go back and play it again until you get it right. When people are trying to kill you, ambush you in the chicken shit ways the Iraqis do there is no such thing as being fair or playing fair. What matters is staying alive and coming home to your family. We are the only country that has to play fair because we are worried about what people at home think.
Until you have experienced the death of a close friend in combat or seen the atrocities that happened in Iraq or any other third world country I don't think you can judge the actions of anyone who serves our country unless you have been there and done that. If you ever get a chance to talk to someone that has served I promise it will enlighten your view on the war, maybe not change your opinion of the war, but it will enlighten you as to what is really going on over there. Not what you see on TV.
Just my .02 cents.

Kilrtoy
06-09-2004, 08:32 PM
HELL YES,
THANK YOU RIVER PIRATE:D
That is what I already said to all the soft bleeding hearts

RiverToysJas
06-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by RiverPirate
When people are trying to kill you, ambush you in the chicken shit ways the Iraqis do there is no such thing as being fair or playing fair. What matters is staying alive and coming home to your family.
Fair? For some what matter's, is winning the objective. Used to be that way with this country too. I think most soldiers it still is, but not for the general public.
RTJas

RiverPirate
06-09-2004, 09:16 PM
This kind of goes along with this thread.
The average age of the military man is 19 years. He is a short haired, tight-muscled kid who, under normal circumstances is considered by society as half man, half boy. Not yet dry behind the ears, not old enough to buy a beer, but old enough to die for his country. He never really cared much for work and he would rather wax his own car than wash his father's; but he has never collected unemployment either.
He's a recent High School graduate; he was probably an average student, pursued some form of sport activities, drives a ten year old jalopy, and has a steady girlfriend that either broke up with him when he left, or swears to be waiting when he returns from half a world away. He listens to rock and roll or hip-hop or rap or jazz or swing and 155mm howizzitor. He is 10 or 15 pounds lighter now than when he was at home because he is working or fighting from before dawn to well after dusk.
He has trouble spelling, thus letter writing is a pain for him, but he can field strip a rifle in 30 seconds and reassemble it in less time in the dark. He can recite to you the nomenclature of a machine gun or grenade launcher and use either one effectively if he must. He digs foxholes and latrines and can apply first aid like a professional. He can march until he is told to stop or stop until he is told to march.
He obeys orders instantly and without hesitation, but he is not without spirit or individual dignity. He is self-sufficient. He has two sets of fatigues: he washes one and wears the other. He keeps his canteens full and his feet dry. He sometimes forgets to brush his teeth, but never to clean his rifle. He can cook his own meals, mend his own clothes, and fix his own hurts. If you're thirsty, he'll share his water with you; if you are hungry, his food. He'll even split his ammunition with you in the midst of battle when you run low.
He has learned to use his hands like weapons and weapons like they were his hands. He can save your life - or take it, because that is his job. He will often do twice the work of a civilian, draw half the pay and still find ironic humor in it all. He has seen more suffering and death then he should have in his short lifetime.
He has stood atop mountains of dead bodies, and helped to create them. He has wept in public and in private, for friends who have fallen in combat and is unashamed. He feels every note of the National Anthem vibrate through his body while at rigid attention, while tempering the burning desire to 'square-away' those around him who haven't bothered to stand, remove their hat, or even stop talking. In an odd twist, day in and day out, far from home, he defends their right to be disrespectful.
Just as did his Father, Grandfather, and Great-grandfather, he is paying the price for our freedom. Beardless or not, he is not a boy. He is the American Fighting Man that has kept this country free for over 200 years.
He has asked nothing in return, except our friendship and understanding. Remember him, always, for he has earned our respect and admiration with his blood. And now we even have woman over there in danger, doing their part in this tradition of going to War when our nation calls us to do so. As you go to bed tonight, remember this shot.. A short lull, a little shade and a picture of loved ones in their helmets.