PDA

View Full Version : Cell Service in Parker

Waldo
06-08-2004, 09:11 PM
I am specifically concerned about service on the California side at/around Rio Del Colorado.
The Mrs. & I are in the middle of purchasing a place there and instead of hooking up the phone there, I plan on using my cell since we won't be there full time.
My Verizon is spotty and am getting sick of Verizon. I am either going to change plans with them or go to another carrier and pay less for a national plan.
I searched this topic and the most recent thread was from 2/03...hopefully there are more cell sites and people that use their phones out there.
Who's got what service and how does it work??? Thanks.

Jrocket
06-08-2004, 09:24 PM
check hot spots west.

LOWRIVER2
06-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Been at the bridge on Ca. side last 10 years. Verizon, Cingular suck. ATT (I don't care for them at my full time house) has always worked in Earp area. I run a hard line at my river house, it's not that expensive and I wanted a hard line in case of emergency.
just my experience.

BoatPI
06-09-2004, 05:22 AM
I recently switched to Sprint. With UNLIMITED roaming for $5 extra per month. I cheked the service form Havasu to I-10, traveling on 95. I had a two mile stretch of dead area in CRIT area. Parker was excellent. Many spots were analog roam, but it worked fine.

jackpunx
06-09-2004, 07:31 AM
ATT works

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
ATT works
Jamie needs AT&T then.. forget nextel..:rolleyes: :D :D

BoatPI
06-09-2004, 08:16 AM
You may want to check the Sprint PCS again. It roams to a local carrier. And Nextel goes out after leaving Havasu until I-10, 65 miles away.

Waldo
06-09-2004, 08:30 AM
I have been looking at ATT and Cingular. Didn't Cingular just purchase ATT???
ATT is advertising "double the coverage area". They have a national plan that is $20 less than Verizon and I don't have to pay roaming.
People here at work are happy with ATT...anyone else have issues with them?

Waldo
06-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Does anyone else have AT&T???
I was talking with a neighbor yesterday and they didn't care for the service around town. A lot of dropped calls. This was before the Cingular purchase.
Anyone have the same issues with AT&T?
Thanks.

MudPumper
06-10-2004, 09:09 AM
My girl has it and it sucks. Bad reception and sometimes she doesn't messages for a couple of hours. ???????? But that's just here experience. ;) It does work in Parker though!!!!

spute
06-10-2004, 09:12 AM
brutha- i have Cingular and can't get one tick of service at the place you and i stay at. in fact, i couldn't even get in town and had use a pay phone.....

riverbound
06-10-2004, 09:28 AM
My place in parker is on the AZ side just south of Mike macks and north of the jetski rental place I know verizon works there. We still have a hard line though.

Waldo
06-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Thanks!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-10-2004, 11:59 AM
We have Cingular and our phones do not work worth a crap in Parker. They work in Havasu and its spotty in the Needles area. I used to have AT&T and that worked everywhere. But I also heard Cingular bought AT&T so who knows.
Good luck!

WaTchTheGelCoat
06-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Waldo
Does anyone else have AT&T???
I was talking with a neighbor yesterday and they didn't care for the service around town. A lot of dropped calls. This was before the Cingular purchase.
Anyone have the same issues with AT&T?
Thanks.
AT&T sucks big donkey balls! I signed with them on a two year contract, let me just say when it was up i felt like the happiest person in the world. Dropped calls when the phone shows full signal, people that can barley speak english when you call customer service, crazy over charges, roaming in Glamis. If i was you i would go with another carrier.

jetboater5
06-10-2004, 12:34 PM
My wife and I have AT&T and have never had a problem with reception in the Parker or the Havasu area. I think it has alot to do with digital or gsm service though. I demo'd a gsm phone for my business through AT&T and could not get a call once I left the major freeway's

Waldo
06-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Do you have digital service and phones now?

Hal
06-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Last month I tried three cell phone companys at the river on the AZ side along the strip. I told each provider where I needed the phone to work before I got each one on a trial basis.
I tried ATT(cingular), Sprint (uses the same network as Verizon)and Tmobil.
NONE of them work along the strip or even in Parker. Yes you may find a spot here and there where the service will turn on but you had better stop and make your call or you will lose the connection. Heck even when I would stop to make a call I would lose them before I was finished talking. I have nextel and I know it does'nt work there either. I am sure there are pockets in the area where some of these phones will work. I need a cell phone a little more reliable than anything I've tried. Still looking though.

Havasubum
06-10-2004, 01:27 PM
you should check out sprint they have pretty good service

Hal
06-10-2004, 01:38 PM
I did. Read above.

goneboatin
06-10-2004, 04:39 PM
My wife has Verizon on her phone and it seems to work well in both Parker and Havasu. I have Suxtel and it only works on the empty corner lot there in Parker at the 62 and 95, opposite of the Arco station. Don't even ask about ATT!