PDA

View Full Version : Need service in the 909

Scream
06-09-2004, 07:43 AM
Hey folks, I need a dependable place to take my baby for it's first 20 hour service. Mercury that is. I live in Rancho Cucamonga and am willing to travel up to 5 miles J/K. I took my last boat to a manufacturer that a friend recommended and needless to say I wasn't pleased with the "service" or the results, and consequently didn't consider them while shopping for a new one.
Anyone with any experience they care to share would be appreciated.
Scream < ---slowly rackin up the hours.

wedge44
06-09-2004, 07:52 AM
Do a search on "Maverick Marine" in the forum, check the strings...people driving for service from all over to see him

Scream
06-09-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by wedge44
Do a search on "Maverick Marine" in the forum, check the strings...people driving for service from all over to see him
Thanks, I was reading about them earlier, but Van Nuys is almost another state. :D LOL
There's gotta be someone out here in the weeds that does good work, at least I hope there is...

dicudmore
06-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Scream I'll tow that thing to Maverick if you want.....
Otherwise I'd recommend offshore marine in henderson (combined with a lake mead trip of course :D )
Shockwave will do maint also

Scream
06-09-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by dicudmore
Otherwise I'd recommend offshore marine in henderson (combined with a lake mead trip of course :D )
Of course...LOL
I want to try to find someone local, I'm gonna need a good service place for a while (I hope) and I'm starting to get a good idea of what I'm looking for. My last boat was a production Sea Ray, so I just took it to Newport Boats in Corona. No biggie there, but now I need something a little more.
I wouldn't have you be my valet Dan, But thank a lot for the offer, I do appreciate it.

repo man
06-09-2004, 02:20 PM
try gs marine in corona

Danhercules
06-09-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by repo man
try gs marine in corona
I second that. Greg is good people. I had a buddy bring his new to him essex with 19 hrs on it for a complete go through. The Warentee peeps wanted it. GS cahrged him 92 for hrs labor, and told him it was not even time to change the oil. He could have very easly said it need service, and oil change, but he did not. He gets my trust and my buddys boat from now on.

Kachina26
06-09-2004, 06:00 PM
If not GS (I've heard only good about them), Elite marine in Riverside right off of the 215 just south of the 10 has always been really cool to me. Congrats on finally gettin 20 on that tank:D