PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a ton

Nordic Newbie
06-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Hi to all. I just thought it was proper to send a post now that I have signed on and own a new boat. I am sure that I will find alot of ways to spend more money by using the forum! I also want to send a big "thanks" to Mike, Randy and Mark for all the advice, time and effort put forth in helping me search out and find the boat we eventually picked up. I haven't had the chance to drive it yet, however I am looking forward to getting out to the river and hanging out with everyone again. Thanks again for all the help guys. I also wanted to tell "Mudpumper" not to be discouraged that I ended up with this boat, we didn't search it out but stumbled across it by accident. It is truly a small world after I talked with him at length at FC getting all sorts of good advice and heard the story behind this particular jet. Then found out it was the one he described that weekend. I can't wait to get it out so we can all see what it will do and enjoy using it.

Nubbs
06-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Nice boat!:D

sidewound
06-09-2004, 12:02 PM
REAL nice boat!
Welcome to the forums:D
:cool:

HavasuDreamin'
06-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Boat looks great. Love those colors. Tell us a little more about your new rig. Motor, year, etc.

HavasuDreamin'
06-09-2004, 01:05 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/56Nordic_Jet-med.jpg

Tom Foolery
06-09-2004, 01:21 PM
Congrats on the new boat! It looks very clean.

JET-O-VATOR
06-09-2004, 01:29 PM
THATS NUBBS OLD BOAT CORRECT I TOSSED AROUND BUYIN THAT BOAT

wrightnow
06-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Jimmy I thought to fell of the face of the earth, you went and got a new boat, new rv and then gone...lol
Hey we are heading out the weekend of the 18th, come on out and give the boat a spin....
And welcome to the boards..
Mark:cool:

HotHallet
06-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Jimmy-I am a good friend of cyclone Mike's. Nice boat bro! I can't believe you haven't put that thing in the water yet. Some friends of mine and i are heading to Needles this weekend. Bring that thing out!

Nordic Newbie
06-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Thanks guys, yep, I am pretty excited about the whole thing. Can't wait to drive it. Nope Mark, didn't fall off the face of the earth, maybe you heard through the vine about my mom, I took two weeks off to help her through some treatment so I am just back to work. I got the motorhome in ship shape and I am ready to roll baby. I am sure not going to act like an expert yet and Mark and Mike can elaborate more on the tech stuff but it has a 502 BBC that is just itchin for some new parts! This boat looks like it has never been used, I am almost afraid to scratch it. I just got it back from getting a swing away tongue put on the trailer so I could get it in the garage. So yes, the mods have begun I ordered new Autometer gauges that are due in this week (sorry Mike, I know you liked the old school stuff) and I think Todd is supposed to be working on a scoop for me. All I can say is I can't wait to load up the cooler and hit the cove. Maybe bring the girl. maybe not with this thing!

MudPumper
06-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Jimmy, it's a great story and I'm glad you came across it, just keep in mind if your ever gonna sell it, I get first dibs on it. I was just asking cyclone today what you were up to. Good to see you here and cant wait to hit up the river with you. Let me know when you plan on going and I'll meet you out there. Again, congratulations on the new ride.:D ;)

Nordic Newbie
06-09-2004, 02:12 PM
For those who didn't see the pics Mark took and posted on his site, here are a few more.

Nordic Newbie
06-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Couldn't figure out the multiple pic post yet.

Nubbs
06-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Nordic Newbie
Thanks guys, yep, I am pretty excited about the whole thing. Can't wait to drive it. Nope Mark, didn't fall off the face of the earth, maybe you heard through the vine about my mom, I took two weeks off to help her through some treatment so I am just back to work. I got the motorhome in ship shape and I am ready to roll baby. I am sure not going to act like an expert yet and Mark and Mike can elaborate more on the tech stuff but it has a 502 BBC that is just itchin for some new parts! This boat looks like it has never been used, I am almost afraid to scratch it. I just got it back from getting a swing away tongue put on the trailer so I could get it in the garage. So yes, the mods have begun I ordered new Autometer gauges that are due in this week (sorry Mike, I know you liked the old school stuff) and I think Todd is supposed to be working on a scoop for me. All I can say is I can't wait to load up the cooler and hit the cove. Maybe bring the girl. maybe not with this thing!
I hope your mom is doing ok. I'd like to see some pics of the swing away tongue on the trailer. I always wanted to do that, but never got around to it. In fact, I still have the parts I made to do it. So you're gonna get rid of the scoop? Well, just keep in mind, them 2 big "banks power" stickers are worth 5 mph each.:D

Nordic Newbie
06-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Hey Mudpumper, didn't know if you would remember chatting. It's kind of ironic that we talked about this boat and we stumbled across it. It is everything you said it was. I just couldn't believe what a small world. And on top of that, the guy I bought it from is a customer of mine, crazy. I can't wait to get it out there with all you guys.

wrightnow
06-09-2004, 02:18 PM
No I didnt hear about your mother, Soorry about that but I hope all goods with her now....
The boat is soooo clean I hate to so you start changing things, but thats what this games is all about making it yours.... have fun:D :D
Look forward to see you guys out there soon, dont forget to make plans for CBBB...
Mark

Nordic Newbie
06-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey Nubbs, whatever you do, do the tongue yourself. It's all of about $40 bucks in parts. I couldn't get it done because I was helping out my mom, they did a great job and all but it is a pretty simple design. It was that and cutting out the drywall in the back of my garage that allowed me to get it to fit. From the back of the pump to the tip of the hull is 20ft exactly. My garage is 19 11"! The tongue mod saved my butt. Definately a beer, buddie, two hour job. And you save $600.00 in labor. I will try to send a pic.

Nordic Newbie
06-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Hey Mark, you need to let me know of the upcoming trips. My mom has cancer we just found out awhile back and is due to start radiation Monday. But I am planning on sneaking in trips here and there. Just let me know the schedule. Jessa sais something about the fourth of July???

ShowDown
06-09-2004, 02:28 PM
What's up with all the Gale Banks stuff on the motor? Did it used to have a turbo set up on it or did Banks build naturally aspirated marine engine at some point in time? That is an awesome looking boat, I would love to have it!!

Nubbs
06-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Banks was the original owner of the boat.

wrightnow
06-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Nordic Newbie
Hey Mark, you need to let me know of the upcoming trips. My mom has cancer we just found out awhile back and is due to start radiation Monday. But I am planning on sneaking in trips here and there. Just let me know the schedule. Jessa sais something about the fourth of July???
Jimmy, We will back out to the BR on the week of the 18th and then for the 4th of july or every other weekend until labor day weekend.
Just let me know...
Mark

Nordic Newbie
06-09-2004, 05:32 PM
Thanks Mark, I will see what the schedule looks like for the next trip. I should be able to slip away. I can't wait to try out the new motorhome as well. I heard from my cousin that Mike's motor is toast. How is that possible?

Nordic Newbie
06-09-2004, 05:37 PM
So Guys, how do I put a pic in the left corner by my name? Probably a stupid question but thought I'd ask. As far as the story on the boat, I guess originally Banks built it and it sat because he never had time ti use it. The guy I picked it up from was a former employee at the time and bugged him for eight months to let it go. He finally did and I got it from him. He was, let's say a very particular guy. His sister told Mike and I that no one was allowed in the boat without a towel on the floor and one on the seat. He wouldn't let them sit directly on the seats. After the trip, they had to all pitch in and wax the boat and the trailer! Good for me, this thing is sweet.

MudPumper
06-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Jimmy, you have to make Big River for 4th of July, but call tomorrow to make a Reservation, they only have a few spots left if you plan on bringing the motorhome. The number there is 760 665-9359 website is www.bigriverrvpark.com. If not you can always sleep in the truck again!!!!:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/896passedout.jpg

Nordic Newbie
06-10-2004, 05:22 AM
Oh Man, did you have to throw me under the bus like that! How am I supposed to get chicks when you posted that pic? The bad thing about that night was I wasn't even drunk! Anyway, we are planning on heading out for the fourth, I need to call and get a spot. No more sleeping in the truck, my back still hurts from that weekend. I can't wait! I was looking at the pics you posted from FC, your boat is awesome.

Nordic Newbie
06-10-2004, 06:09 AM
Hey Guys, question. when Mike and I picked up this boat we noticed it had a pretty nice stereo system in it. Subs, mids, tweets etc. It only has one battery. Mike said if I was ever to add an amp, I should add another battery. Well upon closer inspection under the dash, I found an amp the size of a small cooler tucked away. So question is, another battery? I want to be able to float or park and be able to crank the tunes without having to worry about getting back to camp. Suggestions appreciated. BTW, speaking of batteries, check out this billet holder Jegs has on sale for 80 bucks.

MudPumper
06-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Jimmy, sorry about throwing you under the bus, I couldnt resist!!!!:D But dont worry, the chicks dont normally get over here in the Jets section. As far as the battery is concerned, definitely go with two. If you want to spend the money, you cant go wrong with the Optimas. The billit holder looks great, it all depends on how you are going to mount it. Usually the holders mount on the side through the stringers. If it will work that one is a good price.
Wire them together via a selector switch like this one.
Battery Selector (http://www.rexmar.com/page315.html)
This way you can isolate the batterys and wont have to worry about making it back to camp.Battery Boxes (http://www.rexmar.com/page35.html)

Punkin
06-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Hey newbie you looking for a bimini for your boat I just had one custom made for my boat It's BRIGHT orange with white trim and I have the same hull 79 Nordic 18'. I can't use it now it only has one day on it.

Nordic Newbie
06-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Sounds good, do you have a pic?