PDA

View Full Version : Scam Dept.

Fiat48
06-09-2004, 04:00 PM
We get em every day. From all over the world. Most of them can't spell.
But what bothers me is....is anybody REALLY stupid enough to believe in this stuff? They keep sending 'em.
FROM THE DESK OF MR MATUNKE ISSA
BILL AND EXCHANGE MANAGER
THE AFRICAN BANK
OUAGADOUGOU, BURKINA FASO.
sir,
I am the manager of bill and exchange at the foreign remittance department
of BANK OF AFRICA. I am writing toseek your coperation over a business deal.
Dear In my departmentn I discovered an abandoned sum of$30million
USD(THIRTYmillion US dollars) . In an account that belongs to one of
ourforeign customar who died along with his entire family in november 1999
in a plane crash.Since we got information about his death, we
havebeenexpecting his next ofkin to come over and claim his money because it
cannot be released unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or
relation to thedeceased as indicated in our banking guidelines but
unfortunately , all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with
him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim. It is therefore
upon thisdiscovery that I now decided to makethis businness proposal to you
and release the money to you via your foreign bank account as the next of
kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since
nobody is coming for it and this money Could go into the Bank treasury as
unclaimed Bill.
The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money
remainedunclamed after four years, the money will betransfered into the Bank
treasury as unclaimed fund.The request for your assistance and maximum
co-operation as a foreign citizen to stand as the next of kin in this
business is occasioned by the fact that the deceased customer was a
foreigner and a Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner.
30 % of this money will be for you as my foreign partner, inrespect to the
provision of a foreign account. 10 %will be set aside for expences incured
during the business and 60 % would be for me.There after I will come over to
your country for disbursement accoding to the percentages indicated.
Therefore to enable the immediate trnansfer of this fund to you as
arranged,you must apply first to the bank as the relation or next of kin to
the deceased,indicating your claims and wherein the money will be remitted .
Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text of
the application which you will fill and submit to the office of the foreign
remittance director of the bank of africa. I will not fail to bring to your
notice that this transaction is stricly confidential and i will use my
position in this Bank to effect a hitch free transfer of the fund.
You should contact me immediately as soon as you receive this letter.
Trusting to hear from you immediately.
please this my alternative email( contact_me@moldovacc.com)
YourÂ’s faithfully,MATUNKE ISSA

Moneypitt
06-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Does this mean we'll have a funny and a fueler running by the world finals? Just ask them to build the fueler in an extra, extra large size, and I'll try to lose enough weight to get down the track. Should I let the Force team know they're in trouble for next year?...........Ray
PS: This isn't our only chance, I only missed the CAL lottery by 4 numbers, again!!!!

Hallett
06-09-2004, 04:15 PM
ray you said you were going to race pro stock first.:D

Ntwotrance
06-09-2004, 05:34 PM
I end up contacting their ISP and getting their accounts closed down....sweet revenge..

Fiat48
06-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
I end up contacting their ISP and getting their accounts closed down....sweet revenge..
Now that idea I like. Tell me how to do that.

Ntwotrance
06-09-2004, 05:45 PM
I'll send you a pm with my account, just forward the email to it, and the ISP will be tracked and notified. Every one I get ends up getting their account CLOSED.

Ntwotrance
06-09-2004, 05:49 PM
sent.

Fiat48
06-09-2004, 05:55 PM
And I did what you said. Revenge is sweet.

Ntwotrance
06-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Ok, just found their ISP, and sent them an email to shut the account down...should have a response back within 24 hours to confirm the closure of the account.

tisfortexas
06-09-2004, 11:21 PM
Now I like that shit.

Ntwotrance
06-10-2004, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by tisfortexas
Now I like that shit.
Like I said, paybacks are a bitch;) got the confirmation from his ISP, and he's been shut down...now he'll probably go to someone else to open another account, but he's already lost money from his ISP, and will get caught again and just keep losing money...:D

91nordic29
06-10-2004, 08:36 AM
i am a secretary and i get alot of the in the mail and via fax. i forward them to our state attorney general's office (at their request). it is a huge problem. i, too, cannot believe that someone would even consider that deal:confused:

Fiat48
06-10-2004, 09:16 AM
And then I get these. Trying to sell the drag car on the internet. It's the cashiers check dealio. Again, note the spelling. Who buys a 200 mph capable race car without looking at it or at least pictures? He's all ready to send the check. Yeah, right!
I've gotten close to 20 of these type emails, all referring to the cashiers check deal, all with run on sentences and spelling. This is the first one where they want a picture and want to know if car was in an accident.
Hello,
I was opportuned to see your advertised car .So I picked interest in it, moreso with the full description that was attached to with the advert ,kindly get back to me with your selling price. Also i will like to know if you will accept a banker draft or a certified personal cheque for the payment .
Since I have not seen the pictures i will like to know it's present condition, kindly tell me if the car as ever been involve in any form of accident ? If yes, Don't essitate to tell me the affected part.
Your fast responce will highly be appreciated .
Regards.
--

Fiat48
06-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Another goody.
Hello,
I am interested in purchasing of your 48 Fiat Topolino in which the price is( $15,000 ) for one of my client located in U.S first i will like to know the present condition and my method of payment will be by a certified fund drawn in U.S funds this payment will be made by my client in the U.S who is owing me sum of ($21,000) and you are to deduct your amount of the 48 Fiat Topolino( $15,000 ) in and send the remaining funds to the shipping agent who will be on ground to pick up the 48 Fiat Topolinosoon as we must have seal this transaction,the shipping company information would be provided to you as soon as i must have get in touch with them and my client is ready to send you the check as soon as possible.If that will be possible for you then you can provide your name and address including your cell phone so as to instruct my client to to forward the check down to you ASAP.Your quick response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
aa_bbstore@yahoo.com

HighRoller
06-12-2004, 08:58 PM
The only reason these scamsters are still pulling this crap is because PEOPLE FALL FOR IT! We have a total get rich quick mentality in our country today. If you doubt that statement, how many states have lotteries? Everyone thinks they're the next winner, but look at the reality. You're 16 times more likely to die in a car crash driving to the store to get the ticket than you are to actually win! With all due respect, anyone who buys a lottery ticket is a moron. In California the lottery makes billions each year and all of it is swallowed up by the sinkhole known as government inefficiency. So the same people who buy lottery tickets are selling a car and get an email from this scumbag offering them 50,000 for their Ford Aerostar van if they will return the difference. Well, after they deposit the fake cashier's check and empty their account to pay back the difference, the check gets denied and suddenly they owe the bank 50K or more! I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but cashier's checks are no longer "certified funds" in most cases. If you sell a car to someone, the only acceptable payments should be cash, wire transfer , or a cashier's check that you witnessed them draft from their bank. Counterfeit cashier's checks are common these days and they are so good the banks don't know until it's too late.

tisfortexas
06-24-2004, 11:10 PM
Fiat, looks like the shit I saw posted on Dragpartsforsale.com or something. Was that you too?