PDA

View Full Version : RIP Pres Reagan

Cas
06-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Thank you for all you did for our country!

mirvin
06-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Amen brutha.
mirvin

Kilrtoy
06-09-2004, 04:12 PM
I second that....:D

dimarcobros
06-09-2004, 04:13 PM
here....here
DMB

73beast
06-09-2004, 04:14 PM
I agree 100%.

Wet Dream
06-09-2004, 04:15 PM
Thank you
Its sad to watch Nancy. :(

Roxysnow
06-09-2004, 04:15 PM
tru, true!!!

Cas
06-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Wet Dream
Thank you
Its sad to watch Nancy. :(
sure is.
I should have included Nancy in my original post, Thank you Nancy!

FRENCHIE
06-09-2004, 05:13 PM
have not heard one person against Reagan!:D

Dribble
06-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
That's because Catmando doesn't come here anymore.
Reagan is the leader that infuenced me to switch parties. Much to the dismay of my bleeding heart liberal parents and siblings.
It is both a sad and joyous day.

JetBoatRich
06-09-2004, 06:10 PM
May he Rest In Peace
watching the news now from all the activities today:(

RiverToysJas
06-09-2004, 06:12 PM
AMEN! He was one hell of a man! I have missed him since he fell ill and dropped from the public eye.

Dr. Eagle
06-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
May he Rest In Peace
watching the news now from all the activities today:(
I have missed his leadership for many years. I wish President Reagan Peace and his family comfort.:(

Debbolas
06-09-2004, 06:16 PM
He was such a great president. Nancy looked so sad...:(

Dr. Eagle
06-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
He was such a great president. Nancy looked so sad...:(
Thats because they were friends and life long lovers... I feel so bad for her... :(

Debbolas
06-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Very few people have that type of a relationship with their spouse....They were very lucky............:)

Dr. Eagle
06-09-2004, 06:29 PM
True... that is why she is so sad... such a sense of loss. Like Mike Reagan said, while he knew his dad was slipping lower and lower and was going to pass away soon, it hit him like a sledgehammer when it happened.

little rowe boat
06-09-2004, 06:46 PM
He should be on Mt. Rushmore.

Dr. Eagle
06-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
I agree...

FunOnTheWater
06-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Very sad to watch Nancy and see her face full of sorrow:(

06-09-2004, 07:48 PM
I think he was the greatest president of the 20th century. He showed us how to be proud of the U.S. again. During the Carter admin. this country was going in the toilet and most thought we were going the way France and England did in the 18th and 19th century.

dmontzsta
06-09-2004, 08:01 PM
RIP

summerlove
06-09-2004, 08:32 PM
I hated the son of a bitch! But I admired the hell out of him at the same time! RIP Ron, and thank you for your service to our country. May your spurs always be pointed towards 1600 PA Avenue!

haulina29
06-09-2004, 08:51 PM
The last of the greats , latter dude

Debbolas
06-11-2004, 07:58 AM
His funeral is on now..........................:(

Brady Bunch
06-11-2004, 08:01 AM
Rest in Peace..............

OGShocker
06-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Thank you President Reagan, you change my life and the World.

rvrtoy
06-11-2004, 08:07 AM
Thank you Mr. President for all of your years of faithful service to our great country. God bless your family and the United States of America.
R.I.P. Mr. President!!

HCS
06-11-2004, 08:10 AM
There out there, believe me. My liberal sister law left a message
on my phone at home. "Hope you'all are crying your eyes out
harray Reagan is gone." Bitch!
God speed Ronny!

Debbolas
06-11-2004, 08:31 AM
That is so mean!:(

Havasu_Dreamin
06-11-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
on my phone at home. "Home you'all are crying your eyes out
God speed Ronny!
Your sister-in-law said that to you? I tell her where to go and never alloow her in my house!

Havasu_Dreamin
06-11-2004, 08:38 AM
Watching the funeral, very moving. Watching history unfold.
President Reagan is the first President I can remember anything about while I was alive. I was too young to remember much about Nixon, Ford and Carter. But Reagan, how how did he connect with the people, even with me when I was 9 years old. I just remembering feeling proud to be an American and proud to live in the greatest country in the world and I knew that I would be safe under his leadership. He was my President and will always be. Perhaps it is due to where I was in my life during his terms in office. But we have lost one of the greatest, if not the greatest President this country has ever, or will ever see. We no longer have politicians like Reagan and that is sad.
Rest In Peace President Reagan, you made America and the world a safer, better place. A grateful nation extends its thank you and it's goodbye. :(

HCS
06-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
Your sister-in-law said that to you? I tell her where to go and never alloow her in my house!
She threw me out of her house along time ago. That's why she
does shit like that.:mad:

summerlove
06-11-2004, 09:28 AM
God speed Ronny!
That's uncalled for. As a life long democrat and one that did not vote for reagan, my flag is flying at home right now in his honor.
He gambled and won, and for that I am most grateful.
Like many others have said, God Speed Ronald Wilson Reagan.
He will be missed!

mirvin
06-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Dang. I thought I was going to make it through the service. I am no match for "Amazing Grace":( Gets me everytime.
mirvin

summerlove
06-11-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by mirvin
Dang. I thought I was going to make it through the service. I am no match for "Amazing Grace":( Gets me everytime.
mirvin
The "Battle Hymm of the Republic" got me....:cry:

Havasu_Dreamin
06-11-2004, 09:45 AM
The whole thing was just very moving. And Thatcher, WOW! What a tribute from her.

Garrddogg
06-11-2004, 09:48 AM
God speed Ronny!
Dude Id give her a hug,then give her a ring!
(under her eye!)
Reagan was a helluva good pres, turned this country around and made it STRONG !
I was kiddin about the ring thing,but that is fugged up what she said !:mad:

ROZ
06-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Anyone notice The Clintons BOTH nodding off????? WTF, talk about disrespect.....

Havasu_Dreamin
06-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
Anyone notice The Clintons BOTH nodding off????? WTF, talk about disrespect.....
I didn;t notice that but my dad did and told me about. EFF'N LOSERS! But, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they were just paying their respect by closing their eyes and putting their heads down.

Scream
06-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Except Danny Glover. That arrogant ass, like anyone gives a shit about what he says or does.
"We all know Reagan's legacy, from the Iran-Contra affair to the funding of the Nicaraguan military in which over 200,000 people died. The groundwork for the move steadily to the right happened with the Reagan administration. People want to elevate him to some mythic level; they have their own reason for doing that." — actor Danny Glover, at an anti-war rally in Los Angeles. (6/5/04 by Associated Press)

Scream
06-11-2004, 10:14 AM
Ronald Reagan was the first President I was able to vote for, and vote for him I did. After the dark years the Carter Administration landed us in, he was a shining light through the storm. Our economy was wrecked, our military was impotent, and our pride in country and self was wavering. When Ronald Reagan came to Washington, our spirits lifted, our economy rebounded, our military stood tall again and our pride in self and country were re-affirmed.
God bless you Ronald Wilson Reagan.

ROZ
06-11-2004, 10:16 AM
I didn;t notice that but my dad did and told me about. EFF'N LOSERS! But, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they were just paying their respect by closing their eyes and putting their heads down.
There's no benefit.... They were both doing the start to nod then jerk and open your eyes wide dealio.... What's funny is that the camera kept going back to them....

Garrddogg
06-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Scream
Ronald Reagan was the first President I was able to vote for, and vote for him I did. After the dark years the Carter Administration landed us in, he was a shining light through the storm. Our economy was wrecked, our military was impotent, and our pride in country and self was wavering. When Ronald Reagan came to Washington, our spirits lifted, our economy rebounded, our military stood tall again and our pride in self and country were re-affirmed.
God bless you Ronald Wilson Reagan.
I wish I could say good sh1t like that!:D

Scream
06-11-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
There's no benefit.... They were both doing the start to nod then jerk and open your eyes wide dealio.... What's funny is that the camera kept going back to them....
I liked it especially when President Bush mentioned something about brining honor to the Presidency, they panned to Clinton, and he was completely out, kinda like I was after OP6 from drinking all day.

ROZ
06-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Scream
kinda like I was after OP6 from drinking all day. I have no idea what you mean ;) :D

Dr. Eagle
06-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
That is so mean!:(
that is soooo typical for a Liberal.....
You know, the ones always accusing the rest of the world of being "mean spirited" :mad:

summerlove
06-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
that is soooo typical for a Liberal.....
You know, the ones always accusing the rest of the world of being "mean spirited" :mad:
now, wait a minute guys, I don't think every liberal feels Reagan was a bad guy - I personally didn't agree with his politics - does that make me a bad guy? No, of course not;) . Now, I have respected the office of the Presidency and will continue to do so, even though I at times find it difficult under the current administration.
Reagan played a very dangerous game of hardball that I personally don't think anybody else could have played. He stood and stared right in the eye of the enemy and they flinched. What might have happened had it turned the other way is open for conjecture, but the facts are the facts - Reagan handled the difficult times admirably, and for that, I salute him.
Scream, even though you say the Carter days were dark days, they wern't all that bad - remember, we were just coming out of WATERGATE, and the country was not in the mood to vote in another republican into office, hence Jimmy Carter. While a relatively ineffective President, he will go down as one of the greatest humanaitarians this world has ever seen, and only due to his prior position of President has he been able to accomplish those goals. He is a great man.
Clinton was not nodding off, I watched the same program as all of you. I saw it and it was my opinion that he was closing his eyes and listening. He is a very religious man and while he may have had a lapse in judgement as President, he takes the Office seriously. I do not in any way believe he was being disrespectful. I never saw a "head bob" as it was stated.
Overall, I'm going to miss RWR, and have done so for the past 10 years.
RIP....

HCS
06-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
now, wait a minute guys, I don't think every liberal feels Reagan was a bad guy - I personally didn't agree with his politics - does that make me a bad guy? No, of course not;) . Now, I have respected the office of the Presidency and will continue to do so, even though I at times find it difficult under the current administration.
Reagan played a very dangerous game of hardball that I personally don't think anybody else could have played. He stood and stared right in the eye of the enemy and they flinched. What might have happened had it turned the other way is open for conjecture, but the facts are the facts - Reagan handled the difficult times admirably, and for that, I salute him.
Scream, even though you say the Carter days were dark days, they wern't all that bad - remember, we were just coming out of WATERGATE, and the country was not in the mood to vote in another republican into office, hence Jimmy Carter. While a relatively ineffective President, he will go down as one of the greatest humanaitarians this world has ever seen, and only due to his prior position of President has he been able to accomplish those goals. He is a great man.
Clinton was not nodding off, I watched the same program as all of you. I saw it and it was my opinion that he was closing his eyes and listening. He is a very religious man and while he may have had a lapse in judgement as President, he takes the Office seriously. I do not in any way believe he was being disrespectful. I never saw a "head bob" as it was stated.
Overall, I'm going to miss RWR, and have done so for the past 10 years.
RIP....
That's why it was good to have an actor as President. The Soviets
where turning their missles on U.S. It could have been disasterous.
Star wars was an excellant bluff. It through Gorbi back on
his heals.
The first President I way able to vote for was either Mondale or
Carter. Boy....talk about a screwed up ticket. like most everyone
else I voted Carter. Now that guy had some f-ucked up politics.
I was a registered democrat until he screwed everything up. After
that I switched Republican and voted for Reagan and never looked
back.
I'm more conservative than just straight out Republican. I have
issues with Bush. I don't agree with a few dicisions he's made.
But I'll tell you what. I'm sure glad Al Gore isn't in. What a joke
that would have been.:D

flat broke
06-11-2004, 02:16 PM
As someone else posted, Reagan was the first President that I can remember. I was 6 when he was elected the first time around, so I'd be talking out of my rear if I said I understood much of what he stood for in the begining. But by the end of his 2nd term, I was growing into a young man and think that elements of his Presidency helped to forge some of my political views as well as basic moral predispositions.
I remember living under the fear of a nuclear holocaust towards the mid/late 80s. Every night I would go to bed praying that the world would be around when I awoke. A truely grim ponderance for a 10-14yr old who should have been more concerned with how he was going to scrape the $$ for a set of redline flight cranks. But thanks to President Reagan, myself and billions of others around the world, don't go to bed wondering if Russia and the United States will decide to "go at it" in the middle of the night.
There will be those that will try and detract from his role in the disolve of the U.S.S.R, but I have no doubt that his resolve and dedication to his belief of peace through strength were key in bringing about the complexion of Europe we know today.
As an asside, I watched most of the ceremony before leaving for work. As I drove in, I pondered how different life was in the U.S. back then. As a young child in Elementary and Middle School, we said the pledge of alegiance <sp> every morning, assembled each Monday morning for a school wide pledge and singing of the national anthem. Today there are no school wide pledge activities, no weekly assemblies. Today politicians and political activist groups argue to adulterate these traditions and displays of national pride. Is it any wonder that other countries and religious groups are more vocal than ever in their contempt and disregard for our way of life? People who exude confidence easily take control of situations in life and overcome objections before they are ever raised. Nations are no different; strong leadership, a unilateral and vociferous display of national pride from our citizens, and the ability to back any play we wish to make can go a long way towards averting attacks on our way of life. Most of the time without us doing nothing more than showing the world we are a proud nation through our words, as well as our actions.
President Reagan,
Thank you for your service to our country. You've had a unthinkable fight on your hands for the past many years and you have earned your peace. As our current President said, you may have left our public eye some 10 years ago, but we are still sad in light of your final departure on this day.
Rest in peace

Schiada76
06-11-2004, 02:45 PM
God speed Ronny!
From the party of tolerance and compassion???????? Why I'm schocked!!!!!!:eek:

KACHINA KEN
06-11-2004, 03:08 PM
He was my Commander In Chief while I was in the Army, He taught me to not be afraid of our enemies and showed us all that preparedness is the best way to preserve our way of life and our freedom. Not necessarily using that power but just having it at the ready.
Pray for Nancy and the kids.
Kenny

JetBoatRich
06-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Watching the services:( the kids put together an awsome speech.
I got a late start on watching, the services have been real nice. Nancy has to be pretty darn tired.

wiskvp
06-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Nancy didn't look too healthy either---But I would imagine it's because she lost her soul mate & the love of her life:(
Thank you Mr. President for everything----Rest in Peace

Ntwotrance
06-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Watching the services:( the kids put together an awsome speech.
I got a late start on watching, the services have been real nice. Nancy has to be pretty darn tired.
The kids did a great job. Hurt to watch Nancy at the end...almost lost it myself there seeing her pain. He was my Commander In Chief as well, and as Kachina Ken said, he did teach those in the military about prepardness. Although many people didn't/don't agree with the way he ran the country, we all benifited from all that he accomplished while in office.

JetBoatRich
06-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
The kids did a great job. Hurt to watch Nancy at the end...almost lost it myself there seeing her pain. He was my Commander In Chief as well, and as Kachina Ken said, he did teach those in the military about prepardness. Although many people didn't/don't agree with the way he ran the country, we all benifited from all that he accomplished while in office.
Have to admit, when Nancy put here head down on the coffin that was very difficult and my wife and I eyes started to water up.

Dr. Eagle
06-11-2004, 07:24 PM
I'm sure glad Al Gore isn't in. What a joke
that would have been.:D
And I hope to GOD that John Kerry... (the war criminal) doesn't get elected because of those decisions you mentioned...
I have some issues with Bush too... but he's got my vote again. Kerry would be another Carter IMO or worse......

shadow
06-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Awesome services for awesome leader!
Rest in peace!

Dr. Eagle
06-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by shadow
Awesome services for awesome leader!
Rest in peace!
Tonights service was the first I have been able to see all week. It was truly touching, His children did him proud.
God Speed Gipper... We miss you.

schiada96
06-11-2004, 08:10 PM
I watched his percession go by at olsen and pederson tonight. I saw Nancy wave and missed that picture but I got to see her.I came home and watched it on tv. When they did the missing man formation I ran out side to see the plane fly up and out of sight. and the outher three fly past at 500 feet .What a day!!
Godspeed

mtndewdrops
06-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
LMAO, I agree. I have actually been to Mt Rushmore, its cool.
That Great Man had profound words for every occasion and was a true diplomat. God Bless you Ronald Wilson Reagan.
I left work early to watch Air Force One land at PT. Mugu on TV. I was glued to the TV untill the sun went down and it was over.

jbtrailerjim
06-11-2004, 08:46 PM
I watched the funeral. My wife and I couldn't help shedding a tear when Mrs Reagan said her last goodbye's to her husband by resting her head on his coffin. Very sad.:frown: Rest in peace Mr President.

manuel
06-11-2004, 09:33 PM
I first voted for Reagan in 1970, his second term as Governor and have liked him ever since but until this week I didn't realize just how much, I haven't cried this much since my father passed away,
I was in the Navy at the time Carter had gutted the services and saw the morale, pride, and honor SKYROCKET when Reagan took over, (also better pay)
I have a 1970 car and I had a "vote REAGAN for Governor '70" bumper sticker made up for it, it's been on my car for many years but now I'm wondering if I should take it off ?, would it seem disrespectful to leave on now ?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/950strycat_70.JPG

LASERRAY
06-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Have to admit, when Nancy put here head down on the coffin that was very difficult and my wife and I eyes started to water up. You'd have to be less than human to not have been affected by that moment. It was so final.:(

miller19j
06-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Watching the funeral, very moving. Watching history unfold.
President Reagan is the first President I can remember anything about while I was alive. I was too young to remember much about Nixon, Ford and Carter. But Reagan, how how did he connect with the people, even with me when I was 9 years old. I just remembering feeling proud to be an American and proud to live in the greatest country in the world and I knew that I would be safe under his leadership. He was my President and will always be. Perhaps it is due to where I was in my life during his terms in office. But we have lost one of the greatest, if not the greatest President this country has ever, or will ever see. We no longer have politicians like Reagan and that is sad.
Rest In Peace President Reagan, you made America and the world a safer, better place. A grateful nation extends its thank you and it's goodbye. :( That is exactly how I feel. I was pretty young but Regan made me feel proud to be an American! Great Post! Great Man!

JetBoatRich
06-11-2004, 10:20 PM
This is wat did it for me:(
http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/05/00/20040612001209990003

Rexone
06-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Rest in Peace Mr Reagan. No one I can think of has done more for the free world than you did in bringing this country back to life and orchastrating the dissolution of the very real cold war threat that loomed for many years. Although I realize it's still possible I don't go to sleep at night any more wondering if nuclear holocost will consume the world before I wake up. I remember many years when that was the reality of my thoughts as I drifted off to sleep in my younger days. Thank you for everything you did for this country and the world.

HighRoller
06-12-2004, 06:56 AM
I think Reagan will be remembered by most as the last president we were ALL proud of. It makes me sick to see all the liberals in the press praising him now so they can ride on the bandwagon this week. When he was in office these same people attacked him viciously as a naive, stupid dunderhead who spent his presidency taking naps. And whoever commented about having their sister leave that classless message; what else can she do? She, being a liberal, will never admit the fact that a conservative Republican was the most effective president of the 20th century. But you can be satisfied knowing that DEEP DOWN she knows the truth. She watched TV and saw how the country reacted. She's just pissed that when her hero Bill Clinton has a funeral, the streets will be lined with thousands of women saying to their children"look honey, there goes your daddy......"

wiskvp
06-15-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
She's just pissed that when her hero Bill Clinton has a funeral, the streets will be lined with thousands of women saying to their children"look honey, there goes your daddy......"
:D :D :D
Now that's a classic statement:cool: