PDA

View Full Version : 2001 - 28' Warlock tunnel hull

warlock25
10-11-2001, 06:42 PM
I have the opportunity to purchase a 28 foot warlock hull. It's a 2001 , never been in the water, no motor or out drive. Any feed back as to the quality of this hull? How about handling? I currently have a 1993 - 25' warlock that I love. It has a blown 502 with brovo one OD., and dual ram wpm steering. top speed aroung 100-105. what will it take to duplicate this in the 28' warlock?

FastCats
10-11-2001, 06:51 PM
What does the blank cost you to start out with. I can probably help with some rigging parts when you are ready.
Scott

warlock25
10-11-2001, 07:01 PM
The blank is 25K but already has the interior completed including guages. the holes are cut in the transome for mercruiser outdrive and exhaust. engine cover has dual ram lift. it also includes triple axel trailer with serge brakes.

RiverDave2
10-11-2001, 07:29 PM
The hole is already cut for the outdrive? I thought that they would determine X dimension by how much horsepower you were going to be running. Does the hull have a decent looking gel coat?
RD

SVO 540
10-11-2001, 07:48 PM
Warlock25 25k is a good price for a hull, interior and trailer. I assume it has tanks included. By way of example, you can get a 25 Daytona with tanks and interior no trailer for about 26 K. Add another 10 K for the 28 Daytona. Don't let the cut transom with X dimention scare you as IMCO makes 1 and 2 inch shorter lower units and there are spacers so you can move your x dimention around.

riodog
10-12-2001, 12:11 AM
Warlock, i don't know where you got your price list from BUT, i show a 25 daytona for 31300. a 28 shows 48,700. For the hurt that warlock is in at the moment, you might do better than that.

FastCats
10-12-2001, 04:13 AM
Warlock 25,
Give me a call, I'll make you a deal on a 26 that rides like a 28-30 and runs like a 26 American Offshore and you can pick the colors.
1-866-272-2287 toll free ask for Scott H. or FastCats
Scott

boatnam2
10-12-2001, 04:17 AM
sounds like a carter read deal!

MrHavasuCat
11-14-2001, 11:07 AM
I have heard good things about that hull, but a friend who just sold his warlock had terrible customer service problems with them. He owned a 27 world class and loved the boat, but has said many times he would not buy another boat from them because of bad customer service.

tahoe22
11-14-2001, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by MrHavasuCat:
I have heard good things about that hull, but a friend who just sold his warlock had terrible customer service problems with them. He owned a 27 world class and loved the boat, but has said many times he would not buy another boat from them because of bad customer service.
Warlock - was recently bought out by a new owner, not sure if their service has improved yet. But thats the biggest bitch Ive heard about them in the past.

missboatnam1
11-14-2001, 12:24 PM
be very careful if buying a warlock they are on shakey ground.one minute there in this building were by were we live.next minute there gone.now i see yesterday there back again.

schiada96
11-14-2001, 01:15 PM
Boy I'm going to get in trouble for this one. I seems like the girls don't want anyone to talk crap about HTM but they sure jump on the band wagon to go after Warlock. With first hand info????

HTM Lady
11-14-2001, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by schiada96:
Boy I'm going to get in trouble for this one. I seems like the girls don't want anyone to talk crap about HTM but they sure jump on the band wagon to go after Warlock. With first hand info????
Schiada 96
I wouldnt say in trouble. But as far as first hand info. WRONG. I have not seen a lady on the HTM sight bash anyone kind of Boat.No need to.Why try to cause trouble? Remember the saying to each their own. Not everyone likes the same thing.

missboatnam1
11-14-2001, 03:14 PM
im not bashing warlock,if i would of got my way we would have a 29ft warlock setting in the driveway right now.i liked carter.we were ready to sign the paper work and mr boatnam pulled the plug,he felt we didn't want to spend a 100g on a boat company that is really not in very good shape right now.i think we made the right decision and went with laveycraft,the same tw0 guys own and run it,warlock you never know who the next owner is.but just to set the record straight was not bashing the boat.

Custom Creations
12-20-2001, 07:20 AM
Warlock 25 I have a 28 ft warlock that I bought as a bare hull and rigged it all my self, I am very happy with this boat but i also had the same problem with the compony as far as any info or help. When I started this project ,Warlock told me I was crazy and that what I was trying to do would never work and it would only go 35 mph.I have a blown 454 with a th400 trans and a speedmaster 3 drive , which they said would not fit on this boat. I have had this boat in the water for 4 years and only had to change the starter, it is a great hull I love it!!!!!!!!!! If I can be of any help let me know. Originally posted by warlock25:
I have the opportunity to purchase a 28 foot warlock hull. It's a 2001 , never been in the water, no motor or out drive. Any feed back as to the quality of this hull? How about handling? I currently have a 1993 - 25' warlock that I love. It has a blown 502 with brovo one OD., and dual ram wpm steering. top speed aroung 100-105. what will it take to duplicate this in the 28' warlock?

RiverDave2
12-20-2001, 08:08 AM
Custom Creations, Your boat wouldn't be named "OverKill" Would it?
RD

Hustler
12-20-2001, 08:09 AM
Custom Creations, Well I was wondering when I would see you on these boards, Funny thing about it is I just thinking about calling you today, Chris what is your number at the shop?
Hustler

CATMAN
12-20-2001, 10:29 AM
I have been looking For a CAT for about
a year. I test drove lots cat.The one i
just put my deposit on yesterday was
FORCE OFFSHORE . Give them a call,talk to
them about there 26'and 29 cat. I was very
happy i left.

CATMAN
12-20-2001, 10:38 AM
SORRY, About my spelling i ment to say
I was very happy when i left FORCE

RiverDave2
12-20-2001, 10:39 AM
CatMan, you are new to the forums so I will break it to you gently.. Your not helping Force Offshore by consistently "spamming" them in every post. If you truly want to promote the product then tell us the good points about it.. Give us some substance.. Start a topic saying have you guys checked out Force Offshore yet? then tell us why you put your deposit down on one.. As of right now I'd think you work there and your trying to sell the boats.. I might add that if you do your a pretty shitty sales rep. Gotta get people interested if ya know what I mean.. Blunt advertising doesn't work, particularly in this crowd.. Besides I would think you would want to go for more "exposure" in the hotspots section..
RD

HBjet
12-20-2001, 11:00 AM
CatMan, what you could also do is invite some of us (Not RiverDave though...haha!) to go with you on some of your break in trips with the new boat. Anyway, glad to here your getting a new boat, no matter what the MFG is.
HBjet

RiverDave2
12-20-2001, 11:33 AM
On the brink of sounding like "The Judds"
Why not me? I'm just tryin to help a brotha out, before the sharks start circling.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
I'm a great guy to take along on your break in runs.. I always add something to the mix.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
RD
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited December 20, 2001).]

HBjet
12-20-2001, 11:42 AM
I think Rivercrazy adds the mix, but you do point out another way of looking at things. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
HBjet

BADAXE
12-20-2001, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by HBjet:
CatMan, what you could also do is invite some of us (Not RiverDave though...haha!) to go with you on some of your break in trips with the new boat. Anyway, glad to here your getting a new boat, no matter what the MFG is.
HBjet
Aren't all the boats from Force Offshore "SPLASHED"

HBjet
12-20-2001, 12:01 PM
Now that I think about it, yes, that is what I've heard.
HB"Splash Master"jet

rivercrazy
12-20-2001, 12:25 PM
And the mix is something you add to Vodka. hehe

RiverDave2
12-20-2001, 12:59 PM
HBJet?? Or HBChet? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
RD

HBjet
12-20-2001, 01:08 PM
Now Dave, that's hitting below the belt.
HBjet

rivercrazy
12-20-2001, 01:13 PM
Nah. Andy's better for that!

RiverDave2
12-20-2001, 02:16 PM
RTJas, LOL http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif (That's funny)
Sorry, about that HBJet, but you were crampin my style so I had to break out da big guns... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
RD

CATMAN
12-20-2001, 03:32 PM
Riverdave 2 I can let you know one thing.
I do not work for FORCE and im not trying
to promote anybody on FORCE. I just thought ilet some people know that i did my homework and found that FORCE is bilding a very
nice boat fore the money. AS far as helpfull tips HB jet i would love some .AS far as FORCE being a SPLASH boat go to there shop and youll see they have there own toolers

RiverDave2
12-20-2001, 03:54 PM
Catman, I'd agree with you it's a hell of a lot of boat for the money there asking. Wish I had the money to buy one! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif but alas poor boy syndrome is setting in..
RD

Craig
12-20-2001, 03:56 PM
This might be bs, and I'm not trying to stir up crap, but a friend who has a Carrera was at their shop last week and said they have the Force 29' mold. They supposedly got it in a law suit over it being a stretched version of the 257 Effect. Anyone else hear this?
Craig

JETBOAT BRIAN
12-20-2001, 04:15 PM
Poorboy syndrome........Dave, let me tell you a story ......well maybe not.!

Chet 17
12-20-2001, 04:35 PM
Congrats Catmandu, now spill the beans and divulge the specs and est speed your banking on and a price tag so we can all give our two cents worth and then sit back and let the bashing begin...
RD who do you think your fooling with the poor boy routine, aren't you the one who talked about some new rig for summer awhile ago, possibly a Barney craft?

mrpumpsHTM
RIVERDAVE 2 LOOK OUT FOR THE SHARKS ,i think i heard (SPLASH)oh nooooooooooooo!!!!

Havasu Hangin'
Originally posted by Craig:
...I'm not trying to stir up crap, but a friend who has a Carrera was at their shop last week and said they have the Force 29' mold. They supposedly got it in a law suit over it being a stretched version of the 257 Effect....
Oh man, where's HBBayliner (AKA "the Splash Police")...
http://www.***boat.net/alert.gif
Here's another thread he can hijack from someone under "official police business"...
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy25.gif
[This message has been edited by Havasu Hangin' (edited December 20, 2001).]

Jrocket
12-20-2001, 05:03 PM
Hey Catman,did ya get the 26' or 29'?What motor setup and drive did you go with?Did ya see the green and white 29',said "Spanked By A Chick" on the back?I thought that was pretty cool.What colors did ya go with?Tell me some details when ya get a chance.....JR

rivercrazy
12-20-2001, 05:04 PM
That boat was at the Long Beach boat show a few months ago. They haven't sold it yet???

Jrocket
12-20-2001, 06:35 PM
Rivercrazy....The girl has bought it,she just stores it at Force.It's probably nice to keep it indoors.If thats the boat you were referring too....JR

RiverDave2
12-21-2001, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Chet 17:
Congrats Catmandu, now spill the beans and divulge the specs and est speed your banking on and a price tag so we can all give our two cents worth and then sit back and let the bashing begin...
RD who do you think your fooling with the poor boy routine, aren't you the one who talked about some new rig for summer awhile ago, possibly a Barney craft?
Poor Boy = The First Bank already said no.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Now it's on to da ghetto banks... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
As far as letting the bashing begin...
Did it ever stop? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
RD

CATMAN
12-21-2001, 01:26 PM
I bought a 29 cat with a 540. I went with
dark blue flams.

CATMAN
12-21-2001, 01:35 PM
I got 29 with a 540 IMCO drive triple axel
trailer for 82,000

Custom Creations
12-22-2001, 06:35 AM
You guessed it!

superdave013
12-22-2001, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Custom Creations:
Warlock 25 I have a 28 ft warlock that I bought as a bare hull and rigged it all my self, I am very happy with this boat but i also had the same problem with the compony as far as any info or help. When I started this project ,Warlock told me I was crazy and that what I was trying to do would never work and it would only go 35 mph.I have a blown 454 with a th400 trans and a speedmaster 3 drive , which they said would not fit on this boat. I have had this boat in the water for 4 years and only had to change the starter, it is a great hull I love it!!!!!!!!!! If I can be of any help let me know.
Yea, what he said! I like the motor plate and some other small dodads that are on Custom's boat! hehe. Whass upp home boy? About time you made it here!
[This message has been edited by superdave013 (edited December 22, 2001).]

warlock25
01-03-2002, 07:40 PM
o.k.- never mind the 28 warlock blank hull. I got a chance to see it and it didn't look anything like the pictures.(what a project) So I decided to keep my 1993 25' warlock and just freshen up the engine and outdrive. Hope to have the project finished by the start of the season. I'll be the one in the teal,purple and cranberry on a white base Warlock. Thanks for all the good insite on Dealing with warlock. I love my boat, It was rigged by Tom Stolarts in 1993.It never has givin me any trouble but I thought it was time to go through the engine and drive. Looks like I'm keeping it for the duration.John http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
[This message has been edited by warlock25 (edited January 03, 2002).]