PDA

View Full Version : bass lake 4th of july

wedge44
06-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Anybody heading to that tiny little lake for the fireworks:D

little rowe boat
06-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Does that place still have water,I haven't been there in 20 yrs.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Bass Lake, ahhhh the memories. Spent many a summer vacation up there as a kid.

little rowe boat
06-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Yah the memories of the police chasing my grand father all over the lake,trying to arrest him for being on the lake after dark.

NorCalCat
06-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Once you get on plane, you have to back off. THat lake is way too small. Plus the cops are not so friendly to you if you have no mufflers.:(

wedge44
06-10-2004, 03:09 PM
was just there Memorial Day...lake level full It's still a very pretty lake with NO SPEED LIMIT... cops are friendly.... All they ask is that you boat for the conditions...No speeding until the family's are of the lake...or before they go out....Early morning speed run..:D :D :D and late afternoon drags....:D :D

rivercrazy
06-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Did they change the rules there? The speed limit used to be 35:frown:

Brady Bunch
06-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Where is Bass Lake?

RiverToysJas
06-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Brady Bunch
Where is Bass Lake?
Yosemite area.
Bass Lake (http://www.basslake.com)
RC, I think he means the authorities look the other way, as long as it's safe. Unless something recently changed, I believe it is 35mph - officially.
RTJas :D

wedge44
06-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Been going since I was kid never had a speed limit

wedge44
06-10-2004, 07:27 PM
Currently a new home owner that moved in two years ago is proposing the following 1) a 35 mph limit..or 2) a 55mph speed limit ...anyone who registered thier boat at bass lake this year can vote on the measure ... go to bass lake homeowners association fo rmore info...and yes this is is trying to pass a noise ordinance...several top 1/4 mile racers practice at this lake...Joker wild TAH used to come up and make runs...what a site
PS Official website is www.basslakeca.com
BradyBunch it's 4hours north of LA

sam pioske
06-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Bass lake- beautiful lake good dinners, bars [jazz on the water Sat. eves]. The home owners on Memorial day slip $100.00 bills in an envolope under the sherrifs shack door, to harass NON LOCALS. like an above person said- not a place to go boating. Have many bad storys. and i live 20 min. away. 10 min. away another lake no problems.

wedge44
06-10-2004, 08:31 PM
we'll I don;t about $100.00 dollar bill story...I have 3 cousins that are home owners in the willow cove area...one has his slip on the Sheriff Dock (he is retired Sheriff) now maybe I don't get harrassed because I'm usually parked at his dock but in all the years I've never heard of this....Also have relatives in Oakhurst, Friendly Valley...They've lived there since '72...
PS Cousin was butcher at the pines market...good beef
pss Jazz is on Friday Nights...in case anybody want to know

69 Elim
06-11-2004, 10:53 AM
I was there for Memorial Day weekend. Nice lake - pretty rough water from all the boats. But we went out for an evening cruise which was real nice. I have a Spectra 20 foot day cruiser (yellow) usually pretty easy to spot. I'll be there for weekend of the 4th as well. Yes, Bass Lake does NOT have a speed limit. but, if you're hallin ass during the day, expect a wreckless driving ticket. Just way too many boats out there to go fast. But, seeing the fireworks from out on the lake is the best. Wedge44, what boat do you have?

wedge44
06-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Your right about the wreckless, like I said earlier, all the sheriff ask's is that you boat for the conditions...Will be there on thursday morning maybe wednesday night, staying at Ducey's over the weekend, slip at the pines, boat is an Ultra 23 XS white with purple and silver tribal flames...:D :)

boat030
06-11-2004, 05:39 PM
we will be at Bass Lake on 4th of July we go every year. We arrive on the 2nd and leave on the 8th, there's usually some good racing there at least one weeknight when we are there, there's some pretty fast boats that hang around on that lake in the evenings.

wedge44
06-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Hey 69elim... are sure you're not my neighbor, he has '71 20' spectre v-drive...YELLOW ...if I had seen you I would have chased you down thinking you were him...anyway we normally beach just other side of willow cove big sandy area for horseshoes and such...we'll be there about 3-4 boats...wedge

69 Elim
06-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Wedge - Where is Willow Cove? Gonna have to get my map out and check it out. I have a '77 Spectra jet (Yellow). We are staying near Recreation Point, but will probably be all over the lake (its so small). Should be a fun time. I'll keep an eye out for ya. There will be about 2 or 3 boats with me (all old skool jets).
cya

wedge44
06-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Kool...Like I said my next door neighbor has 20' spectre yellow... I won't miss it...we used to day beach at rec point or lakeside but it just gets to crowded nowadays...so as U R heading towards the dam...willow cove is the large cove on your left just past sheriff's tower...as you past 5mph bouy look to the right...you can only boat to this beach location...Wedge