PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Shop in Orange County and etc?

Up 4 River
06-10-2004, 02:58 PM
I am bringing the boat home for a couple of weeks in July and I would like to get the brakes redone as well as get a new surge and master cylinder on the trailer. I was wondering if I could get the name and numer of a shop in Orange County that you guys recomend?
I'm also looking to buy a set of chrome fenders for the trailer. If you guys can recommend a plce to pick up a set I would appreciate it. The trailer is a normal double axel built by R & S.
The last question is I would like to get a decent set of wheels ands tires for the trailer. Is there a particular rim size that I can't go above on a normal trailer? What tires would you recomend? I only drive from the storage unit to the ramp unless I bring it home every now and then. Thanks for your insight and I appreciate it.
U4R

mirvin
06-10-2004, 03:09 PM
If you don't mind coming to Harbor City there's a great shop called Wallstrong Trailers (310-530-2740) on PCH. I don't know if they'll have the chrome fenders or fancy wheels but they can do the mechanical work and any other stuff you need.
mirvin

BROS&HOS
06-10-2004, 03:19 PM
If you are going to re-do the entire brake system, you should convert to disc. My buddy had his done at Pacific Trailers in Chino (909) 902-0094. It wasn't much more than doing a complete brake job on the drum brakes.
For wheels and tires, I highly suggest Tucker Tire in Laguna Niguel
(949) 364-3225

v-drive
06-10-2004, 03:32 PM
I have discs on mine and that is definately the only way to go.
:D v-drive

Up 4 River
06-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks Guys! I called both places and after talking to the guys I think I will go with the disc for sure. I also called Tucker Tires and they were very helpful.
U4R

mirvin
06-10-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Up 4 River
Thanks Guys! I called both places and after talking to the guys I think I will go with the disc for sure. I also called Tucker Tires and they were very helpful.
U4R
What did Wallstrong say about disc brakes? I'm probly going there soon for new bearings and might have to upgrade the brakes while I'm at it.
mirvin

RiverToysJas
06-10-2004, 03:42 PM
I like Shadow Trailers in Cypress. They are at all the boat shows.
www.shadowtrailers.com
RTJas :D

TCHB
06-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Trailrite Trailers in Santa Ana use to do alot of repairs.

Up 4 River
06-10-2004, 03:51 PM
I spoke to Bob and he said disc brakes are the way to go, but if you don't have to replace the drums your normal brakes are good. He said it will depend on what condition everything is in once he sees it. The disc brake set up is not that unreasonable in my opinion, but I just started pricing it out.
U4R