PDA

View Full Version : Advice on where to go for the 4th of July!

JROCK
06-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Hi,
I recently bought a boat and keep it down in Laughlin and do quite a bit of boating at Mohave. I recently went out the Havasu over the Mem day weekend and had an absolute blast!!! I am planning a trip with my crew and was wondering if lake Mead has the crazy "party" type atmosphere similar to Havasu or if it is more mellow. My crew wants to party.. should i stick with Havasu or are there some good spots on Mead and or Mohave to party during the 4th?
Thanks in advance for the help

FRENCHIE
06-11-2004, 10:23 AM
both are great spots, i would have to say though Havasu will be the sh#@!! We will be out there on the 4th also.;) :)

eliminatedsprinter
06-11-2004, 10:24 AM
There must be a reason they call it Havazoo.:D :D :D ;)

HavasuDreamin'
06-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Mead is mellow. Family spot. Havasu is party central along with Parker.
:cool:

welk2party
06-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Havasu will be like Memorial weekend. They also put on a killer fireworks show in Thompson Bay that you would want to check out for sure.

al cole'holic
06-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
There must be a reason they call it Havazoo.:D :D :D ;)
..I wonder why we call it Havascru?? :D

eliminatedsprinter
06-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
..I wonder why we call it Havascru?? :D
:D :D

roostwear
06-11-2004, 12:48 PM
We'll be back at the house in Laughlin for 4th of July. We'll be out on the water for the fireworks at Avi (first time).
Now all I have to do is get lights on the boat...........

BonnevilleBaby
06-11-2004, 01:24 PM
hey roost, victor and i and a few friends will be in laughlin also for the 4th of july and will be staying at the edgewater. check out the times and dates of the firework show. laughlin puts on 2 that weekend and i think the avi does one on the day off from laughlin. the laughlin firework show was one of the best i've ever seen. put to music and everything. BTW...congrats on gettin hitched. 1st anniversary party at Lazy Harry's??? give us a shout when we get close to the 4th and we can meet up to do some boatin' & floatin':D
Toni

al cole'holic
06-11-2004, 01:31 PM
We'll be at the Edgewater! Most likely stay on Mojave for that weekend...:D

BonnevilleBaby
06-11-2004, 01:54 PM
al cole' holic... how big is your boat??? we hear that sometimes the smaller boats have problems on mohave when the wind kicks up and stuff. we have a 18' rogers jet and usually stay on the river cuz of the wind a nd bigger boats with BIGGER wakes;)

roostwear
06-11-2004, 02:16 PM
Victor knows where my place is. He also knows I'm WAY too close to Lazy Harry's! (Note to self..... Victor knows too much)
You guys can head over and launch by the house if you don't want to hassle the crowds.

roostwear
06-11-2004, 02:17 PM
BTW, we never went to the chapel. We slept in.......:D

al cole'holic
06-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by BonnevilleBaby
al cole' holic... how big is your boat??? we hear that sometimes the smaller boats have problems on mohave when the wind kicks up and stuff. we have a 18' rogers jet and usually stay on the river cuz of the wind a nd bigger boats with BIGGER wakes;)
..too big to run up and down behind the hotels, I keep f'n up lower drive units and props everytime I launch @ Riverside. It does get nasty at Mojave in the late afternoon...