PDA

View Full Version : Diff covers--any recommendations?

Ziggy
06-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Got an F350PSD..basically stock with 35's on it.
I noticed last summer when we had the major heat most of the season my diff cover paint began to blister some after the long runs accross the desert floors. To me this means the fricken oil got rather hot in there.
So what I want to find is a functional(aka don't need to be pretty) Aluminum cover that might have some coooling fins to help disipate this heat and not cook the oil and axle inners.
Anyone have a line to something like this or other recommendations?
Thank you, thank you very much(in a deep Elvis tone).

Dr. Eagle
06-11-2004, 08:20 PM
Try this one (http://www.performanceproducts.com/ProductPage.aspx?productname=Mag-Hytec+Differential+Covers&productid=103927&productType=20&partnumber=)
If you don't already you may want to change the oil to synthetic... as it won't break down like the petroleum hypoid gear lube...

CrazyHippy
06-15-2004, 06:00 PM
I believe STVKeith carries them. He had a few hanging on the wall at least. Might ask him.
BJH

Ziggy
06-16-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by CrazyHippy
I believe STVKeith carries them. He had a few hanging on the wall at least. Might ask him.
BJH
Thanks, I'll PM Keith:)

Party Cat
06-16-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by CrazyHippy
BJH
Keith for sure has em...I got both the diff and tranny pan on my truck...diff went from 4 to 7+ qts of fluid....

wsuwrhr
06-16-2004, 08:47 PM
You could also get a diff cooler. We run one in our circle track speed truck.
Brian

dmontzsta
06-20-2004, 01:16 PM
ttt