PDA

View Full Version : Lake Isabella 6/18-6/20

Blown_Rob
06-11-2004, 07:28 PM
hey is anyone gonna be up there? ill be camped at aux. dam let me know

Blown_Rob
06-13-2004, 08:55 PM
hmm so noone for isabella huh?? does anyone know the water level????

JetBoatRich
06-14-2004, 01:27 AM
We will be going up Sunday morning for the day:cool: Our plans are to launch at Paradise Cove from the shore:eek:

Mrs Luvnlife
06-14-2004, 08:53 AM
Looks like we'll miss this outing....we'll be at the boat races. Maybe next time!! How are ya Rob? Let us know the water level though. Thanks. :)

BIGAMIST
06-14-2004, 08:58 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

HalletDave
06-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Blown_Rob
hey is anyone gonna be up there? ill be camped at aux. dam let me know
Betty and I might go up for Saturday and Sunday and stay at Paradise Cove.
If the Saturday dealio does not pan out, Sunday for sure.;)

Blown_Rob
06-14-2004, 10:23 AM
good one jeff zzzzzzz lol
my plans might change from aux. damn to paradise cove thats were my sister will camp, i just like the beach at my front door .....
great HD and Rich it will be good to see you there!!!
i am great jenny thanks for asking hope to see you all soon

Desert Rat
06-14-2004, 10:24 AM
I might try to make this one. I need to get the boat out after my last service before our big Hogan trip. I've launched Seadoos from Paridise cove but never a boat. Do you still need the year pass thing for up there??:confused:

Blown_Rob
06-14-2004, 10:28 AM
im sure you still need a lake permit but if you dont want to buy the full year ,you can buy a day or weekend pass at the marina!

JetBoatRich
06-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Desert Rat
I might try to make this one. I need to get the boat out after my last service before our big Hogan trip. I've launched Seadoos from Paridise cove but never a boat. Do you still need the year pass thing for up there??:confused:
just go to the Marina and buy a day pass:D as far as launching, we do it from the shore there, no problems.;)

Mrs Luvnlife
06-14-2004, 01:24 PM
So....fill me in here.....I went to Isabella in my way wilder and younger days, so I don't remember a whole lot. I took my parents motorhome and pulled my ski trailer.....we pulled up and parked right smack on the water basically, and actually launched right there. What is this area called? And can you still do these things there? Oh damn.....that was alot of fun and a LONG time ago!! :eek: :D

JetBoatRich
06-14-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Luvnlife
So....fill me in here.....I went to Isabella in my way wilder and younger days, so I don't remember a whole lot. I took my parents motorhome and pulled my ski trailer.....we pulled up and parked right smack on the water basically, and actually launched right there. What is this area called? And can you still do these things there? Oh damn.....that was alot of fun and a LONG time ago!! :eek: :D
Jen the water level is very inconsistent each year:( when it is high enough to launch from anywhere it is very nice;)

Mrs Luvnlife
06-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Jen the water level is very inconsistent each year:( when it is high enough to launch from anywhere it is very nice;)
Alright....now you're avoiding my question :D, can you park your motorhome on any area of the lake and launch? I thought there was just one part of the lake that you can park wherever you want with your RV......I was wondering what this area is called? I don't even remember regular campground areas?? But again, it was so long ago, I don't remember, or I suppose it could be that 'old age' thing again creeping up on me! :D

JetBoatRich
06-14-2004, 02:04 PM
avoiding an answer, not at all Jen;)
Some campgrounds are closer than others, does not make them, any better:eek:
I believe by the dam is about the closet to the water, not much shade or other items of comfort. But who cares with a motorhome:rolleyes:

Blown_Rob
06-14-2004, 02:09 PM
hey jenny its called auxillary damn site thats what your talking about

Mrs Luvnlife
06-14-2004, 02:46 PM
avoiding an answer, not at all Jen;)
Some campgrounds are closer than others, does not make them, any better:eek:
I believe by the dam is about the closet to the water, not much shade or other items of comfort. But who cares with a motorhome:rolleyes:
Yes....that's it, it was by the dam....cuz believe it or not I actually do remember walking on the dam late at night, I suppose now-a-days you'd get in trouble for doing that!!? :D
Rob.....thanks mucho....that's what I wanted to know for future reference....I'd like to go there and bring the Daytona but wanted to be sure we would be hitting the right area. ;)
Thanks too Rich.

dmontzsta
06-14-2004, 07:42 PM
I would go to Isabella, but that damn wind picks up and kills me. I love that whole area though, VERY NICE. I remember our first trip we got there at 2am and camped out next to a waterfall, we got kicked out of that area the next morning, but got a free nights camp. :) I remember a plane flying over our heads as we were boating, it landed in front of us. Great days.

Mrs Luvnlife
06-14-2004, 09:26 PM
Waterfall??????? Now you're really making my mind wander!!!! :D :D

Doug H.
06-14-2004, 10:58 PM
"Making my mind wander"........ now that's not hard to do. :D
Your to cute Jen.

JetBoatRich
06-15-2004, 03:23 AM
Are you talking about the water fall by the bridge?

JetBoatRich
06-16-2004, 03:28 AM
so who is going and staying where:confused:

HalletDave
06-16-2004, 11:25 AM
so who is going and staying where:confused:
Rich,
If Betty and I go up on Saturday we will stay at Paradise Cove.
If we go just for Sunday I guess we should just launch at Paradise Cove as well. ;)

JetBoatRich
06-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by HalletDave
Rich,
If Betty and I go up on Saturday we will stay at Paradise Cove.
If we go just for Sunday I guess we should just launch at Paradise Cove as well. ;)
Sounds like Paradise Cove is nailed down;)

JetBoatRich
06-18-2004, 03:28 AM
Rob,
will you there?

Desert Rat
06-18-2004, 12:58 PM
Are people going to be their on Sunday? I would like to at least have a cold one with a few of you. I hope the (insert the "W" word here) doesn't kick up!!!!:yuk:

HalletDave
06-18-2004, 01:01 PM
Are people going to be their on Sunday? I would like to at least have a cold one with a few of you. I hope the (insert the "W" word here) doesn't kick up!!!!:yuk:
Desert Rat,
We are going up on Saturday and will stay till late afternoon on Sunday. If you are there, you had better come by for a cold one.;)

Desert Rat
06-18-2004, 01:05 PM
We're planning on it as of now! Will just be up for thr day on Sunday....Paridise cove I hear. Will be looking for your Hallett.

HalletDave
06-18-2004, 01:10 PM
We're planning on it as of now! Will just be up for thr day on Sunday....Paridise cove I hear. Will be looking for your Hallett.
Roger That.;)
Looking forward to seeing you, it has been a while.

JetBoatRich
06-18-2004, 05:04 PM
We are leaving fom Quartz Hill as well, what time you hitting the road?

LUVNLIFE
06-18-2004, 07:36 PM
I won't be there but please have a beer or two or thirty for me will ya:D

JetBoatRich
06-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
I won't be there but please have a beer or two or thirty for me will ya:D
Only because you asked;)

sandblasted
06-18-2004, 10:37 PM
Ok, have one for me too.....I'll be at Buena Vista on saturday and working on the yard on sunday!!
Watch out for the submerged trees at Isabella!!

JetBoatRich
06-18-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by sandblasted
Ok, have one for me too.....I'll be at Buena Vista on saturday and working on the yard on sunday!!
Watch out for the submerged trees at Isabella!!
You killing me Greg, same distance bugger lake. You should do yard work Saturday and Lake Sunday;)

sandblasted
06-18-2004, 11:02 PM
You killing me Greg, same distance bugger lake. You should do yard work Saturday and Lake Sunday;)
what in the hell is a "bugger" lake?
I still think you get the award for the most misspelled words on this forum!!
We really thought about going up to isabella for sunday but can only go out one day this weekend and Buena won out...
Seems like the "posse" is all over the place this weekend...We need to pick a weekend and all get together, just not the 4th because I'll be at either Naci or San Antonio that weekend...

JetBoatRich
06-19-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by sandblasted
what in the hell is a "bugger" lake?
I still think you get the award for the most misspelled words on this forum!!
We really thought about going up to isabella for sunday but can only go out one day this weekend and Buena won out...
Seems like the "posse" is all over the place this weekend...We need to pick a weekend and all get together, just not the 4th because I'll be at either Naci or San Antonio that weekend...
LOL, must have been the beer last night:eek: "BIGGER"
Sounds good Greg, some of the members are trying to organize an event so keeps your eyes open.;)

Desert Rat
06-19-2004, 09:25 AM
We are leaving fom Quartz Hill as well, what time you hitting the road?
Was planning on leaving early, well for me anyway. You? Which way do you go? Have tryed both but it seems Walker pass is quicker. If the times line up we'll follow you up. We will need to get a day pass. Do the still issue them at the Texaco station just before Kissick? Haven't been to Isabella in a while. Check you PM's JB if you care to get in touch.

mtndewdrops
06-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Damn, I haven't been there since my jet skiing days. I planned this trip one summer and had my brother and sister meet me there. I had never been there and the year we went, the lake was a record levels. We tent camped at boulder gulch or something like that and the heat was pretty unbearable at 106 or so. As I remember, the mosquitos are pretty bad there too.
We still had a great time and did some 4X4ing in the area. The road home by the Kern river is beautiful.
Enjoy your trip!

JetBoatRich
06-19-2004, 01:40 PM
Was planning on leaving early, well for me anyway. You? Which way do you go? Have tryed both but it seems Walker pass is quicker. If the times line up we'll follow you up. We will need to get a day pass. Do the still issue them at the Texaco station just before Kissick? Haven't been to Isabella in a while. Check you PM's JB if you care to get in touch.
Just returned the PM, we are pulling out at 7. Iusually just run to the Marina when I get there and buy a pass. But what ever works. Talked to HalletDave he went up today to scout for us. Looks like about 4 boats and 5 jetskis for this trip:D

JetBoatRich
06-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by mtndewdrops
Damn, I haven't been there since my jet skiing days. I planned this trip one summer and had my brother and sister meet me there. I had never been there and the year we went, the lake was a record levels. We tent camped at boulder gulch or something like that and the heat was pretty unbearable at 106 or so. As I remember, the mosquitos are pretty bad there too.
We still had a great time and did some 4X4ing in the area. The road home by the Kern river is beautiful.
Enjoy your trip!
When the lake is high it is the best, one year I was camping at Boulder Goulch, the water was rising so fast people had to move from campsites beacuse they were under water the next day:D
Oh the good old days:D

Desert Rat
06-19-2004, 03:04 PM
7 was about when we were looking at getting on the road. What was Dave's comment on the weather? Will try and get in touch with you this evening

JetBoatRich
06-19-2004, 06:15 PM
7 was about when we were looking at getting on the road. What was Dave's comment on the weather? Will try and get in touch with you this evening
Paul great to finally talk to you, look forward to tomorrow:cool: just finished cleaning the baot so lets leave:rolleyes:
Nextel does not work in Isabella, so no talking to dave:eek!:

JetBoatRich
06-20-2004, 08:19 PM
WOW, what a great time:D
Finally meet desert rat and his family, great people .
All done for the night and just wanted to say thank you to all who we went with:cool:

Desert Rat
06-21-2004, 11:59 AM
Ditto Rich! We had a great time. If somebody could just turn on the wind machine a litte later:D I will say that your truck gets up and moves out! I kept pointing it out to the wife with a "See we really need a new truck" Of course I got the typical responce... Ours is just fine for now! I hope now ends soon, I want a "ArizonaCream" (silver to me):eek: and black F250 4X4. Great to finally meet you guys.

HalletDave
06-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Paul,
It was good to see you again and to meet your wife and son.
I checked the hydraulic pump on the boat last night. The pump unit popped out of the bracket and did a belly flop. It still works just fine. I will make it more secure this afternoon when I get home from work.

JetBoatRich
06-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Ditto Rich! We had a great time. If somebody could just turn on the wind machine a litte later:D I will say that your truck gets up and moves out! I kept pointing it out to the wife with a "See we really need a new truck" Of course I got the typical responce... Ours is just fine for now! I hope now ends soon, I want a "ArizonaCream" (silver to me):eek: and black F250 4X4. Great to finally meet you guys.
That's funny, new truck is nice. We pulled the Walker Pass pretty good, those gas engines :D slowed the caravan.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Doug H.
06-21-2004, 02:03 PM
I finally got rid of the suburban and got an 2003 f-250 4by4, it's red with an 8 inch lift with dual front shocks and 2 dvd screens for those long trips to the river, oh wait a minute, im living there now, i must have forgotten..

JetBoatRich
06-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Doug H.
I finally got rid of the suburban and got an 2003 f-250 4by4, it's red with an 8 inch lift with dual front shocks and 2 dvd screens for those long trips to the river, oh wait a minute, im living there now, i must have forgotten..
Doug,
Congratulations on two things, the new truck and getting back on ***boat;)

dicudmore
06-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Doug <---rubbing it in a little bit :D

Doug H.
06-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Naw, i wouldn't do THAT. Im very happy to pull up along side JBR and keep up with him for once, hell i may just take him now.

Desert Rat
06-21-2004, 07:13 PM
HallettDave
I guess you called it right at the lake. You know i have heard a few stories here on the forum about people and 4" dry wall screws that should fix the problem :D I'll take a rain check on the full roost ride if thats OK?
JBR when is that ball game your going too? Tell HER454 that we will be up at Hogan on site 101 from the 8th to the 16th. Enjoy

JetBoatRich
06-21-2004, 07:37 PM
HallettDave
I guess you called it right at the lake. You know i have heard a few stories here on the forum about people and 4" dry wall screws that should fix the problem :D I'll take a rain check on the full roost ride if thats OK?
JBR when is that ball game your going too? Tell HER454 that we will be up at Hogan on site 101 from the 8th to the 16th. Enjoy
The game is tomorrow night, but Her454 is not going:mad: so Hustler took her place, at least it is another board member:D

JetBoatRich
06-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Naw, i wouldn't do THAT. Im very happy to pull up along side JBR and keep up with him for once, hell i may just take him now.
With my truck being a dulley, I may need an upgrade to keep up:D

Blown_Rob
06-21-2004, 09:37 PM
hey i had a great time at isabella thanks all see ya ....

JetBoatRich
06-22-2004, 04:38 AM
were going back in a couple weeks, July 1.:cool:

HalletDave
06-22-2004, 05:32 AM
Rob,
Thanks for everything. It was good hanging out with your family and talking to your dad. Now that your boat is dialed in you need to help your dad with the '55 Chevy. On second thought put the '55 on hold until winter. :D