PDA

View Full Version : Spam-Great new Jet-product!!

Ken F
06-12-2004, 05:24 AM
I titled this to hopefully satisfy Chet! LOL
I wanted to post this for Duane since he won't post on here anymore, and the reason is that I feel it is a wonderful idea, and one that all jetboaters should have.
This screws to your trailer bunks, and covers the bottom of your pump after your boat is loaded. Keeps all that road gravel out of the inside of your pump & bowl as you tow your boat. No more laying on your back trying to dry the bottom of the boat so you can tape up the intake! Good thinkin Duane!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5520DenaC-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5520DenaD2.jpg

shaun
06-12-2004, 05:34 AM
whats it run?

Ken F
06-12-2004, 05:40 AM
I believe that Duane posted on Banderlog that the initial run from the factory was going to be 89.95, but the price would go down if he could get enough orders. The more they can make, the less the cost.
I would keep checking www.Hi-Techperformance.com
Duane said he's going to try and get put up there within the next few days.
Ken

MudPumper
06-12-2004, 04:47 PM
If it keeps me from having to crawl under the boat, I like it. Any pics of it mounted on a trailer???? And for those of you who don't cover your intakes, you're crazy. I have been stuffing a towel in my intake and the last time I went to the river, I couldn't believe the sand and rocks that came out of the towel when I took it out. :eek:

BarryMac
06-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Hope that this isn't a stupid queustion, I have skegs on both sides of the intake, will that cover work?
gjb...

Ken F
06-12-2004, 07:14 PM
yep, it's kinda hard to see in the pic, but the piece is made so that your scags fit inside, and the front of it fits tight against the hull in front of the intake. It's easiest to see in the top picture, where you are looking at the bottom side-your intake sits right in the little box.
Ken F

novaguy
06-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Great Idea!!! I'll take one...

FOURQ
06-13-2004, 05:07 AM
looks cool. to bad it wont work on my boat.

Ken F
06-13-2004, 07:26 AM
Why do you say it won't work on your boat? I'm not at all familiar with a SW tunnel, but Duane said he would put one on my trailer for my new Cheyenne Tunnel. He designed it to fit either tunnels or V-bottoms. I'd be curious to know if there is something very different about a SW. I've always really liked the looks of them!
Out of curiosity, do you have a pic of the bottom of your SW? I hope one day to be able to see one in person, but they aren't too previlant in the midwest.
Ken F

blownalky557
06-13-2004, 09:06 AM
Looks to be a good idea.

MudPumper
06-13-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Ken F
Why do you say it won't work on your boat? I'm not at all familiar with a SW tunnel, but Duane said he would put one on my trailer for my new Cheyenne Tunnel. He designed it to fit either tunnels or V-bottoms. I'd be curious to know if there is something very different about a SW. I've always really liked the looks of them!
Out of curiosity, do you have a pic of the bottom of your SW? I hope one day to be able to see one in person, but they aren't too previlant in the midwest.
Ken F
In a SW Tunnel, the pump sits in this pod hanging off the back of the boat, no where to mount that piece to the trailer bunks as the bunks do not extend back far enough!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1653Tunnel_Drag9-med.JPG

78Southwind
06-13-2004, 12:46 PM
More pics please

Beal Motorsports
06-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Ken,
If you attend any of the midwest races swing by my pit. I have a placecraft which has the same type of set back transom. Duane knows us very well. Just say the Beal's.

Ken F
06-14-2004, 09:06 PM
MudPumper, yes I see what you mean. Bummer. Sure do like the looks of those 'ol girls tho....!
Beal, Will do! I go to quite a few in the midwest, but don't get to as many as I would like. I've seen you run your TE boat, and have seen your trailer in the pits. Next time, I'll be sure to stop & say hello. I was at Creve Cour weekend before last (on Sunday)with Rog & Duane. Unfortunatly Roger went out pretty early Sunday!
Ken

MudPumper
06-14-2004, 09:11 PM
No Worrys KF, that's not my boat. I have a V-bottom. Do you have any pics of that contraption mounted on a trailer??? ;)

FOURQ
06-14-2004, 10:16 PM
thanks for answering the question for me mudpumper .....In a SW Tunnel, the pump sits in this pod hanging off the back of the boat, no where to mount that piece to the trailer bunks as the bunks do not extend back far enough!!
yep thats it...thats why i have a special cover 4 mine i make remote controlled boats and i use the bottom of one of them to mount under the intake to keep the junk out..there are plenty of southwind pics at
southwindjetboats.com (http://www.southwindjetboats.com)
4Q

Hotcrusader76
06-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Kick ass idea Duane. When I get out to Texas I'll be ready for one as well.
~Ty