PDA

View Full Version : Holy ShXt!!

fullwood
06-12-2004, 04:14 PM
I just watched and witnessed to a 20 foot boat turn a B impellor 5600 rpm and run 101 mph down stream and 92 mph up stream. with a small block chevy making 364 c.i., normally aspirated with a single carb does this impress anybody but me?

Ken F
06-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Yes, it sure does...impresses the shit out of me! Wish you had more details
Ken F

Spectra19
06-12-2004, 05:18 PM
I bet the boat was not made out off fiberglass either. And like Ken said give us some details.

toad polumsky
06-12-2004, 06:25 PM
I saw the same passes that Mr. Wood is talking about. The boat is actually a 21' Eagle tunnel. It is equiped with a Buick headed aluminium small block. The boat is pushed by a Dominator 12-s with a stainless steel impeller, D.P.S inducer, Dominator extruded bowl, and uses a frabricated "stove pipe" for a nozzle. Here is the B impeller that will be turned to a BC in a few minutes. That may pick up a couple MPH.

dirtman
06-12-2004, 08:59 PM
http://www.eagleracing.ca/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3545
Pretty good discussion here about this. Check out the vid if you haven't seen it:eek!:

LVjetboy
06-12-2004, 11:27 PM
The driver's like, uhm that's it. I'm hungry now...let's get some tacos guys...
On another note, 4.5 mph current? That's more than big river to be sure. I measured 2.5 to 3 mph max and I thought that was movin' On still another note, no, it doesn't surprise me a small block hooked to a b runs those numbers in a 20 footer. It's all about power to the impeller...NOT TORQUE!
jer

AmericanThunder1
06-12-2004, 11:56 PM
Bull @#@# I have heard its all about torque! Thats why most of us run Big blocks if it was all about H.P. then why wouldnt you run a small block? better fuel etc. etc.
I dont disagree that somebody can build a small block to be bad ass but come on??
Ok!!?? This is going to sound stupid or big headed to some but I had an idea one day to put three small blocks in a 30+ footer blown and guess what Hot boat had it in their mag. and it did I forget 140+ and then I had an idea about twin jet? Guess what I might be behind with some but damn I got good Ideas. So I am not stupid when I say Put a small block into a jet and beat a big block ya if you build the piss out of it and create enough RPM and Hold?
Anyway I thrive off of commen sense and thats not in comparison. If that was the case we all would be doing it!!??
End of story! Would anybody like to guess my next idea and see if the next guy with enough cash has the balls to do it???????

LVjetboy
06-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Thunder, I read your post could you explain? As for 3 blocks compared to one or two jets compared to one...those situations may be a different matter. Two or more blocks and weight may dominate with hull drag. Two or more jets and efficiency loss may cancel out power. One block one jet and we compare. You may have to build the shit out of that small block, but in the end the combination of hull drag and engine power to the impeller the bottom line. Not torque or cubic inches.
jer

jweeks123
06-13-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by AmericanThunder1
Bull @#@# I have heard its all about torque!
maybe you've been listening to clueless people.
jw

toad polumsky
06-13-2004, 10:28 AM
The thing that is so impressive about this boat is that the motor is not even making 550 hp at 5600. The speed comes from an extremly well set up boat, hull efficiency, and a good pump set up(55 PSI at the suction). About to make some more runs and will post again later.

fullwood
06-13-2004, 04:28 PM
I have seen extremely built big blocks in complete piece of shit boats not do over 80 mph. Guys can talk motors all day long and the only way to achieve good mph figures is to have a good hull, and plenty of time to test different setup to finds maixmum mph!! You can put lipstick on a pig, but in the end you still have a pig!!

manuel
06-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Speaking of smallblocks, you can register to WIN a stroker here,
http://www.thesuccesssolution.com/site/index.asp?DL=5488&page=97100
then check out the numbers on the smallblock strokers,
472" is his biggie smallblock.

jweeks123
06-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by toad polumsky
The speed comes from an extremly well set up boat, hull efficiency, and a good pump set up(55 PSI at the suction). and, surely, a lot of hard work on the part of the guys involved in the project. they must be pleased.
jw

toad polumsky
06-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Pleaded indeed! The boat ran 107 down and 95 up on Sunday. Wind put an end to testing when the boat almost went over twice.

toad polumsky
06-16-2004, 02:08 PM
112 M.P.H. down river this morning. No up river passes.

toad polumsky
06-16-2004, 02:11 PM
If any one is interested there will be upwards of fifty boats like this one and faster running in Marysville CA this weekend next week and next weekend.