PDA

View Full Version : New reg's in effect @ Lake Elsinore

Boater Bill
06-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Launched my buddy today @ the city campground and was handed a sheet "New High Speed Zone Regulations, effective immediately". Here is my summary of the new rules:( :
High speed zone has been shut down every Sat and Sun, starting with the last Sat in May and ending with the first Sunday in Sept. Also shut down on Mem day, July 4th, and Labor Day. During these days, max speed on lake is 35 mph.
Operating in the high speed zone on open days...if running at 80mph or greater boat must have kill switch teathered to driver and all persons aboard must have USCG 100MPH rated PFD's on and be wearing helmets!!!:eek: Upper 1/2 of helmet must be neon, florescent, red, orange, yellow, or international orange.
Another reg about no mooring to, tresspassing on, destroying or damaging buoys, beacons, or axial flow pump stations.
:yuk:
Guess we are just lucky to even be able to boat there.:mad:

dmontzsta
06-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Boater Bill
Launched my buddy today @ the city campground and was handed a sheet "New High Speed Zone Regulations, effective immediately". Here is my summary of the new rules:( :
High speed zone has been shut down every Sat and Sun, starting with the last Sat in May and ending with the first Sunday in Sept. Also shut down on Mem day, July 4th, and Labor Day. During these days, max speed on lake is 35 mph.
Operating in the high speed zone on open days...if running at 80mph or greater boat must have kill switch teathered to driver and all persons aboard must have USCG 100MPH rated PFD's on and be wearing helmets!!!:eek: Upper 1/2 of helmet must be neon, florescent, red, orange, yellow, or international orange.
Another reg about no mooring to, tresspassing on, destroying or damaging buoys, beacons, or axial flow pump stations.
:yuk:
Guess we are just lucky to even be able to boat there.:mad:
yup! It sucks, we were there today. I really felt that Elsinore was the only close place left that wasnt so strict, but sadly these laws DO make them more strict than even Perris. I guess they are trying to run all the boats with character out. :mad:

Ntwotrance
06-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
yup! It sucks, we were there today. I really felt that Elsinore was the only close place left that wasnt so strict, but sadly these laws DO make them more strict than even Perris. I guess they are trying to run all the boats with character out. :mad:
I didn't have them in front of me when I was posting, but it sucks. I asked them why the change, and all they could tell me was because "to many people were getting hurt"...huh?? when???

Boatcop
06-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Another reg about no mooring to, tresspassing on, destroying or damaging buoys, beacons, or axial flow pump stations
What's the big deal about this one? It costs money to set them and make sure they work and are on station. Not to mention the liability if a marker is dragged off station, and an accident occurs.
They only NOW made it prohibited? It's been illegal to do this in the rest of the US since they started setting buoys.
Unless you feel it's OK to damage and destroy private (or public, for that matter) property.
Looks like everyone will have to find some other place to stick their KFAG radio station stickers. :rolleyes:

dmontzsta
06-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Boatcop
What's the big deal about this one? It costs money to set them and make sure they work and are on station. Not to mention the liability if a marker is dragged off station, and an accident occurs.
They only NOW made it prohibited? It's been illegal to do this in the rest of the US since they started setting buoys.
Unless you feel it's OK to damage and destroy private (or public, for that matter) property.
Looks like everyone will have to find some other place to stick their KFAG radio station stickers. :rolleyes:
lol, that is not a big deal to me KFAG is funny as hell though.
my biggest gripe is no high speed on weekends, which is the only time I can go out.

Boater Bill
06-12-2004, 06:00 PM
I got no problem with this one. I have big issues with people who deface property of any kind.
Was just trying to be fair in posting all the new ordinaces listed on the handout. My apologies if the post did not come off as intended.

Ntwotrance
06-12-2004, 06:16 PM
the only reason it pisses me off is that this was the only lake left in this area with a high speed zone. The someone gets a wild hair and next thing you know, they put restrictions. I agree that the buoys are a problem when people mess with them, but I don't think I've seen anyone do anything to them, other then the lake lice. come to think of it, the only incidents I've seen out there where someone gets hurt is lake lice....hmmm...seeing a trend here...:yuk:

dmontzsta
06-12-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
the only reason it pisses me off is that this was the only lake left in this area with a high speed zone. The someone gets a wild hair and next thing you know, they put restrictions. I agree that the buoys are a problem when people mess with them, but I don't think I've seen anyone do anything to them, other then the lake lice. come to think of it, the only incidents I've seen out there where someone gets hurt is lake lice....hmmm...seeing a trend here...:yuk:
yup, I agree with you 100%

Ntwotrance
06-12-2004, 06:27 PM
yup, I agree with you 100%
not many boaters out there causing problems..there are the occasional few, but lake lice, even today out there, there was one riding in circles at high speed in a no wake...ummm..duh??

dmontzsta
06-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
not many boaters out there causing problems..there are the occasional few, but lake lice, even today out there, there was one riding in circles at high speed in a no wake...ummm..duh??
yeah, I have to watch them cause they dont watch themselves. They just put put put dut dut da, and not look around.

Havasu Hangin'
06-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Forget it...
...I'm not painting my helmet.

dmontzsta
06-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
Forget it...
...I'm not painting my helmet.
you must! either pink, yellow, red.

Havasu Hangin'
06-12-2004, 07:10 PM
you must! either pink, yellow, red.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/gay-smiley.gif= http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/gay.gif

dmontzsta
06-12-2004, 07:30 PM
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/gay-smiley.gif= http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/gay.gif
lol so true...

77charger
06-12-2004, 08:27 PM
I heard about these rules a while back.IMO the high speed zone is useless(for smaller boats at least)over the weekends unless you are there from 6-7am.As for the lifejackets i dont have a problem with that they are made for a reason and if you want to drive fast you spent the money to get there get the jacket too.It is the last place in so cal to speed.If you think the rules are strict the rules at the track are tougher.
Kill switch and jacket are simple safety items

fourspeednup
06-12-2004, 08:34 PM
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/gay-smiley.gif= http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/gay.gif That's fuggin hilarious!:D :D

C-2
06-12-2004, 08:38 PM
That is some funny shiznit, actually laughed out loud isntead of just typing it.
Thanks for the heads up Bill.
The speed zone isn't much of a speed zone anyways on the weekend unless you got a big cat or twin supercharged Cigarette. :eek: :eek:

WUTWZAT
06-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Thats a high speed zone out there?
I thought it was a test of some sort to see if you could get from one huge swell to the other with out swamping your boat and sinking to the murky bottom!
Well, it looks like I will be the only one allowed to run wide open out there with out having to worry about getting stopped <slow boat>.
Jason

dmontzsta
06-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by WUTWZAT
Thats a high speed zone out there?
I thought it was a test of some sort to see if you could get from one huge swell to the other with out swamping your boat and sinking to the murky bottom!
Well, it looks like I will be the only one allowed to run wide open out there with out having to worry about getting stopped <slow boat>.
Jason
I think you are right, it is some sort of obstacle course to see how well you can jump, dodge, turn and maneuver.

wsuwrhr
06-13-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Boatcop
Hi Alan,
I think the gripe was about the speed zone. I just think he was mentioning about the bouys.
Easy there big guy....
Brian

wsuwrhr
06-13-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by 77charger
As for the lifejackets i dont have a problem with that they are made for a reason and if you want to drive fast you spent the money to get there get the jacket too.It is the last place in so cal to speed.If you think the rules are strict the rules at the track are tougher.
Kill switch and jacket are simple safety items
What about painting your helmet a fag color?
Brian
:)

Elsinore Cop
06-13-2004, 06:51 AM
In order to preserve the high speed zone, I wrote those ordinances over a year ago at the request of city staff. Looks like the City Council finally passed them. The goal is to keep safety above everything else. However, we didn't want to lose the high speed boat crowd. Many manufacturers come to Lake Elsinore to do testing and demo for customers.
The HTM crash had a ripple effect and caused concern. This is still the only lake in So Cal with a high speed zone. Amatuer boaters and PWCs are all over that lake and cut through the high speed zone on summer weekends. Its just too crowded on those days on that little lake for 100 mph runs. If you've never been out there on a weekday, you won't believe the difference.
The ordinances are based on standard safety guidelines: visible helmet, hi-speed life jacket, kill switch. These aren't too unreasonable for 80 mph plus.
The ordinance regarding mooring to buoys and other markers is already state and federal law, as Boat Cop pointed out. However, the citation by city ordinance is a simpler process.
I was pushing to move the 35 mph limit on the lake to 40 or 45 mph, but that didn't go through. I'll check on it to see if it is still possible.
Since transferring out of the station, I'm not in the loop on day-to-day activities, but come back to help out on an occasional weekend day. I'll be out there on the police boat this afternoon. BTW, Perris Lake is 35 mph, no alcohol, no high speed zone...so Elsinore's new ordinances are still less restrictive and more speed boat friendly.

PlyaPlya22
06-13-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
Brian
I'tll look like a bunch of friggin "candy corns" floating around.

roostwear
06-13-2004, 07:28 AM
Just drives the last nail in the coffin for me. It was bad enough that the "water" ate the UV coating off my sunglasses, but now, at least for me, it's just another 35 mph lake. How much do the manufacturers that test there contribute to the local economy? As much as receational boaters? I doubt it. So those that go mid week (manufacturers) can use the speed zone, but how many of us go out mid week? Sounds like local ordinances were enacted for special interests to me.
Bye-bye Smellsomore.

dmontzsta
06-13-2004, 07:37 AM
I really feel that the performance boats are not welcome, as do many others in our crowd yesterday. I got pulled over just to make sure I had baffles and told to run water through my headers. :(

Jrocket
06-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Put more buoys down the sides of the high speed zone so the people wont cross into it.
How are they going to check the mph of the boaters?Radar?Guessing?
The idea of wearing vests and having kill switches is fine with me.But the bright colored helmets are out of the question.If I want to make a 85mph pass,I should be the person deciding if I need a helmet or not.
I very grateful that Elsinore has a high speed zone,but thats all Im grateful for about that place.

roostwear
06-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Jrocket
I very grateful that Elsinore has a high speed zone,but thats all Im grateful for about that place.
I felt that way too, but if you go there on a weekend, or Holiday, you don't HAVE a speedzone anymore. Just get it over with, and make another Diamond Lake.

Ntwotrance
06-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Elsinore Cop
In order to preserve the high speed zone, I wrote those ordinances over a year ago at the request of city staff. Looks like the City Council finally passed them. The goal is to keep safety above everything else. However, we didn't want to lose the high speed boat crowd. Many manufacturers come to Lake Elsinore to do testing and demo for customers.
The HTM crash had a ripple effect and caused concern. This is still the only lake in So Cal with a high speed zone. Amatuer boaters and PWCs are all over that lake and cut through the high speed zone on summer weekends. Its just too crowded on those days on that little lake for 100 mph runs. If you've never been out there on a weekday, you won't believe the difference.
The ordinances are based on standard safety guidelines: visible helmet, hi-speed life jacket, kill switch. These aren't too unreasonable for 80 mph plus.
The ordinance regarding mooring to buoys and other markers is already state and federal law, as Boat Cop pointed out. However, the citation by city ordinance is a simpler process.
I was pushing to move the 35 mph limit on the lake to 40 or 45 mph, but that didn't go through. I'll check on it to see if it is still possible.
Since transferring out of the station, I'm not in the loop on day-to-day activities, but come back to help out on an occasional weekend day. I'll be out there on the police boat this afternoon. BTW, Perris Lake is 35 mph, no alcohol, no high speed zone...so Elsinore's new ordinances are still less restrictive and more speed boat friendly.
Thanks for the clarification EC, the answers I was getting while I was out there were pretty much mute to listen to. I am hoping that you can get the 40-45 pushed out there.

burtandnancy
06-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Boat racers (and former boat racers) have worn floresent orange helmets for a long time. I have yet to meet a FAG or other "different" racer in many years. Its a good law, as are the kill switches and jackets. These very items saved me in my one and only 'incident' at elsinore in the high speed lane.
I have at least three old orange Bell Helmets for sale, any takers?
And I have witnessed many times while testing on week-days, PWC and other slow boats, crossing thru the high speed lane. It is a good idea to close this lane on week-end and holidays...

77charger
06-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Brian
It doesnt say all the colors combined just any one of the colors i have an all white helmet that a bright orange sticker could now go on.

wsuwrhr
06-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by burtandnancy
Boat racers (and former boat racers) have worn floresent orange helmets for a long time. I have yet to meet a FAG or other "different" racer in many years. Its a good law, as are the kill switches and jackets. These very items saved me in my one and only 'incident' at elsinore in the high speed lane.
I have at least three old orange Bell Helmets for sale, any takers?
I didn't mean my comment to be offensive, sorry if I was. To me, painting a 400.00 helmet flourescent Orange or any other ODD color for a recreational use, read not PROFESSIONAL racing is just plain silly I think. I'll state the obvious, if shit were to happen out there, who is going to save you? No chase boats, safety crew or otherwise to my knowledge. If you have a serious get-out, a damn safety beacon won't do you a bit of good in smellsomemore's murky green water.
If I am full of shit, say so. I am ok with it. I know I am not alone when I say painting a helmet JUST for a recreational purpose just plain sucks. If you take someone for a ride, now you have to have TWO unusable orange helmets.
I don't need a bashing session, as I am not bashing anyone, just would like to have some more information.
Brian

C-2
06-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Three things I don’t consider to be a part of boating “fun” - 1. Waking up at 4:30 a.m. to be on the lake by 6:00 a.m. 2. Trying to crawl around piping hot headers 3. Helmets.
Dying is also not a good thing - so I’ll gladly live with the new rules. :eek: :eek: :eek:

dmontzsta
06-13-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by C-2
Three things I don’t consider to be a part of boating “fun” - 1. Waking up at 4:30 a.m. to be on the lake by 6:00 a.m. 2. Trying to crawl around piping hot headers 3. Helmets.
Dying is also not a good thing - so I’ll gladly live with the new rules. :eek: :eek: :eek:
I guess my boating is something you wouldnt like :)
How about staying up all night getting drunk and being first in line to launch at 3:30am?
Burning and banging yourself on hot headers?
cant comment on the helmet part, but if I was doing 100+ I would wear one and get one for all my passengers.
Do I qualify ? :D

wsuwrhr
06-13-2004, 10:20 PM
cant comment on the helmet part, but if I was doing 100+ I would wear one and get one for all my passengers.
Do I qualify ? :D
I have no problem with helmets either. I wear one, I just don't see why the government needs to decide which color it needs to be.
As a motorcycle rider, I would be paying alot of tickets if I had to paint my 400.00 hemet orange.
It is a stretch I know, but with enough regulation, ALL helmets sold FOR ANY USE will have to be orange. After that passes, think how "safe" everyone will be wearing a florescent orange helmet.
Kinda like buying a Model T, you can have it any color you want, as long as it is black.
Government is in our lives enough...

Rexone
06-14-2004, 02:06 AM
If I am full of shit, say so. I am ok with it. Brian
Hey Brian you're full of shit. :D

Rexone
06-14-2004, 02:22 AM
Seriously, the helmet color dealio is for ease of spotting in the water. Been in effect in racing for years, in fact most racing you don't get your choice of colors, its intl orange or sit on the beach.
Black, brown, blue, green (especially brown & green at Elscumore) don't show up well in the water. That is the reason for the bright colors whether you agree with it or not.
I understand the resistance to regulation. But with lots of people and the abuse by a few idiots come regulations especially as EC mentioned with the litigeous atmosphere we live in today. If Elsinore didn't take these steps and had one little problem related to a speed incident (like Castiac), the lake could be 35 mph instantly and permanently everywhere just like Castaic is now. I see this step as a pro-active one by the city and LE at Elsinore to be able to continue use and operation of the speed zone, not a first step in taking it away. Just imagine the lawyers would have a field day if someone went out there now without life jackets and safety gear laws on the books and killed themselves and others in the wake of the Castaic accident. That accident is having a ripple effect clear across the country at various locales. Instead of bashing the cops and the restrictions I think they should be thanked for taking these steps to help preserve the speed zone and it's availability. It would have been very easy to just close it instead...done deal. They didn't do that.
my unpopular .02 :D

Havasu Hangin'
06-14-2004, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
Seriously, the helmet color dealio is for ease of spotting in the water. Been in effect in racing for years, in fact most racing you don't get your choice of colors, its intl orange or sit on the beach.
Uh Rex...it was a joke.
However, to your point, it would seem that Elsinore is expecting pleasure boaters to adhere to sanctioned racecourse rules.
To me, if they expect that out of pleasure boaters...surely they are going to staff the lake with a full-time safety crew (including divers, helecoptor, etc.). How many other places am I going to use my "orange helmet" that I'm going to need to buy? I don't think Havasu requires one...
Let's see....what separates Elsinore from other lakes?
Nice clean water? Uhhhhh...nope.
Friendly locals in the cove? Uhhhhh....nope.
Speed zone? Uhhhhh....nope.
So why go there now?

Elsinore Cop
06-14-2004, 05:11 AM
Thank you for all the comments. Yes, there was mention by many of just eliminating the high speed zone altogether. I was the most vocally resistant to that.
Safety boats...yes we did consider, but seemed too unreasonable to require everyone to launch a 2nd boat for high speed runs. These rules do follow some APBA guidelines as they are tried and tested.
To the complainers that the City of Lake Elsinore is imposing racing rules on recreational crowd, please remember that you can run up to 80 mph without restriction. Most hot boaters, even on these boards, don't go too much more than that on their best day.
How many on these boards have actually been written a speeding ticket on Lake Elsinore?
As for noise, the db limit is the same throughout the state.
Safety is the big factor, not income from a lousy ticket. The income from citations doesn't even touch the cost of running police boats. It is a money loser either way for the city. They just want to promote tourism. The lake must be shared with wakeboarders, fishermen, etc who aren't as thrilled about 100+mph boats in their proximity.

Rexone
06-14-2004, 05:53 AM
Nice clean water? Uhhhhh...nope.
Friendly locals in the cove? Uhhhhh....nope.
Speed zone? Uhhhhh....nope.
So why go there now?
Can you go anywhere else within an hours drive of most of So Cal to test at 100 mph legally except the rougher than crap ocean....nope
:D

roostwear
06-14-2004, 05:56 AM
Most hot boaters, even on these boards, don't go too much more than that on their best day.
I guess this is where I would like a clarification. IS THERE a 35 mph limit on weekends/holidays? I don't go 80, but I may be able to muster over 35. I work during the week (don't MOST people?), and if the lake is only restricted during the weekend, the end result is the same.... a 35 mph lake. Are you saying that "officially" it's 35, but there is a little latitude?:confused:

Ntwotrance
06-14-2004, 06:01 AM
I was just upset that there wasn't an adequate explanation given when I asked, it seemed like the people were just reaching for an answer, and everytime I'd ask a question to clarify what they had just said, they just seemed to dig themselves deeper and deeper into an abyss, when they should have just pointed me to someone who knows. I am glad that you clarified it EC, and do appreciate the answers you have given. I do again hope that you can get a slight increase in the speed out there to 40-45 and we know you are doing all you can.

dmontzsta
06-14-2004, 06:28 AM
I PMd burtandnancy about the helmets, I need one for the race track and I am sure I will need one in my boating career down the line. :) Always good to have a helmet.

Danhercules
06-14-2004, 06:31 AM
What pleasure boat goes 80MPH. That is a Hot Boat, a Rot Rod, has race parts on it.
Yea, it sucks, but its prob for the better. I am headn out today to take advantage of the Speed Zone on a Mon.

burtandnancy
06-14-2004, 06:56 AM
You said it very well, Rexone...

C-2
06-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Danhercules
[BThat is a Hot Boat, [/B]
Hey, easy there buddy. You need to get permission first before you go throwing around those specific words.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
j/k Dan and I'm not poking fun at ya, just being a smart arse.

gmocnik
06-14-2004, 08:08 AM
fyi...
a less expensive alternative to the $400 lifeline jackets...
http://www.rocknrescue.com/acatalog/Catalog_Stearns_75.html
certified 100mph...coast guard approved..
the 4185 model at 80 bucks....

Havasu Hangin'
06-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Can you go anywhere else within an hours drive of most of So Cal to test at 100 mph legally except the rougher than crap ocean....nope
:D
Apparently...you can't do it at Elsinore, either. That's my point.
Elsinore is taking away it's point of difference. If they are doing it because of the safety issue from other boaters...no problem. Understandable. Do away with the speed zone.
If they are doing it because of "how safe a boat is at 80MPH"...that's obsurd. There are some boats are just trotting at 80MPH (much safer). I'm not sure a 36' Skater could idle that slow...
To throw a blanket over "all boats at 80MPH" makes about as much sense as putting capsules on all boats at a NJBA event.
If your going to mandate safety equipment...do it so it makes sense.

HotHallet
06-14-2004, 02:42 PM
This sucks! I am glad I did all my testing there before these laws were enforced and my boat is now in storage at the river-The real place to boat! Elsinore is just a one day fix until you can make it to the river but it was a great place to test and all the skid dick wakeboarders are chopping it up now anyway. Someone needs to make a lake just for these clowns so we can get some smooth water-damn it! I could never get out there early enough to capture the glass so i guess I am not that bummed. The thing that sucks is not many people are free during the weekdays to go out and run their boats-I know I'm not-little thing called work screws everything up.
Boater Bill-How is the new place? I was up in Topock last weekend and stayed in Golden Shores at a buddy's house and we launched out of TOPAK ON SATURDAY. My boat is running awesome and really runs hard! Hope to get together with you and Sanni soon.
Travis

wsuwrhr
06-14-2004, 02:47 PM
However, to your point, it would seem that Elsinore is expecting pleasure boaters to adhere to sanctioned racecourse rules.
To me, if they expect that out of pleasure boaters...surely they are going to staff the lake with a full-time safety crew (including divers, helecoptor, etc.). How many other places am I going to use my "orange helmet" that I'm going to need to buy? I don't think Havasu requires one...
Exactly my point from the get-go. C'mon.
It isn't a RACETRACK, and there aren't any safety crew. Mandating appropriate safety gear(including helmets)..cool. I can deal with that, makes good sense. I just can't see the orange deal though. I will do it if I have to, but I just don't see the deal with the color if there isn't going to be anyone there to save my ass. If the helmet will saves me from a head injury, I doubt the color will provide me with any other benefit at ELSINORE. Noone to pluck me out of the water immediately after the accident.
I for one wouldn't be making passes in an 80MPH boat without full safety gear again.
But I do appreciate the presence from someone in the industry REX.
Contrary to belief, I DO appreciate the effort Elsinore is making to the boating industry. It is a give and take.
Brian

wsuwrhr
06-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Hey Brian you're full of shit. :D
Hey thanks REX, I just hope you aren't serious.
Brian

nielly
06-14-2004, 03:01 PM
I think the issue about the 35 MPH on Elsinore and if a boater will receive a ticket is a call made by the Deputy on the lake. Some Deputies just want to put there time in and retire and some have a fire under their but and will ticket there own mom. It's a gamble and just try not to attract attention to yourself.

FRENCHIE
06-14-2004, 03:08 PM
im over that lake!:( :yuk:

slink
06-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
im over that lake!:( :yuk: I would be to if it cost me a prop:D :D J/K. Cant' wait till I can join you guys, bout 2 more weeks. BTW Nielly missed you at parker last week w/ Bob and DeRytuer. Good Times

cyclone
06-14-2004, 04:15 PM
The new regulations are the least of our problems. Nearly all boats that will run over 80 mph will be deemed too loud to operate on that lake and most others in california pretty soon anyway. My boat even with the baffles installed is over 93 db. Fact is that I can't legally even drive my boat without getting stopped on that lake so what's the point? I've got a red helmet, a kill switch with a lanyard, current registration, time off during the week to use the lake etc., and yet none of it matters because the new noise ordinance guarantees me an expensive ticket should I venture out to lake elsinore. the new noise laws are the real problem if you ask me.
thank god there are still places along the river that the man hasn't ruined for old school hot boaters.

FRENCHIE
06-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by slink
I would be to if it cost me a prop:D :D J/K. Cant' wait till I can join you guys, bout 2 more weeks. BTW Nielly missed you at parker last week w/ Bob and DeRytuer. Good Times
hurry up summers almost over!;) :D

uclahater
06-14-2004, 07:26 PM
I cant believe people are getting pisse over this. all these rules are to help save us if something does go wrong:cool:
I have to agree with charger about investing in the safety equipment :D Its not much considering how much we invest:D
Lets just hope people support this or we will lose our last high speed zone:mad:

burtandnancy
06-14-2004, 07:35 PM
danhercules, I have a pleasure boat that goes way over 80 and it has TV/VCR, enclosed head w/electric toilet, microwave, electric refrigerator and much more. And it can be yours if you want. Its the 40 Hallett on boattraderonline.com. Its a real pussycat until you try to pass me on Lake Mead. And if you're a Ford person, I'll even throw in a semi-custom '99 F-350 PSD w/only 32000 miles. Once you drive it, you'll know its a pleasure boat...

dmontzsta
06-14-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by burtandnancy
danhercules, I have a pleasure boat that goes way over 80 and it has TV/VCR, enclosed head w/electric toilet, microwave, electric refrigerator and much more. And it can be yours if you want. Its the 40 Hallett on boattraderonline.com. Its a real pussycat until you try to pass me on Lake Mead. And if you're a Ford person, I'll even throw in a semi-custom '99 F-350 PSD w/only 32000 miles. Once you drive it, you'll know its a pleasure boat...
you've got PM :cool:

Chadzilla4ever
06-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Actually, most of the so-cal customs like Eliminator, Hallett etc test there on a regular basis. While I was at my last job, I was there atleast once a week testing boats that we had done performance work on. ***boat mag goes there alot to to do feature articals and testing on both new boats and reader rides. I have been there several times when they were doing picture shoots for manufacturers ads. Look at the Eliminator ads for their 38 eagle and you will recognise the green water. During the week in the summer time it is not uncomon to find 2 or 3 manufacturers there at the same time.

burtandnancy
06-15-2004, 06:55 AM
dmontzsta, I can't find any PM. can you call?

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
06-15-2004, 12:40 PM
Like the Bell Hemet ads say"If you got a $10 head buy a $10 helmet" It may be BS but it will hopefully at least perserve some place close by to run fast. BTW the weekends are river time anyways.

Moe_Havi
06-15-2004, 04:15 PM
You can even fart the wrong way at Perris without getting pulled over. Then it's 20 questions by somebody doing their job way too well. Stick with The Big El. Besides, you would have to be an idiot to run down that speed zone at 80 on a busy weekend. No breaks remember.
Moe

78Southwind
06-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Weekdays are for Elsinore and weekends are for the River

dmontzsta
06-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by 78Southwind
Weekdays are for Elsinore and weekends are for the River
That is the plan.

OGShocker
06-21-2004, 08:22 AM