PDA

View Full Version : A Ronald Reagan Joke.

LASERRAY
06-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Made you look! :D Sorry, it's not what you think, you insensitive Bastards! :p
My wife got her People Magazine today, and the only reason that I came within 25 feet of it is because Ronald Reagan was on the cover. I read the article and came across a Joke that Ronnie told his friend A.C. Lyles one day during the early stages of his Alzheimer's Disease. I thought it was really funny. I'll quote a piece of the article.
Film producer A.C. Lyles, now 86, recalls the day that Reagan took him aside, saying, "I'm getting forgetful, aren't I? Well, A.C., here's a story: Two old men are having lunch. One says, 'Joe, I have Alzheimer's, but I met a doctor and he's great. You better go see him because you're getting the same thing.' Joe says, 'sure, what's his name?' The first guy thought for a long time and said, 'what's that flower that has petals and thorns?' 'A rose,' Joe said. And the man hollered to his wife, ' Hey, Rose, what's the name of that doctor I'm going to?' "
:D

summerlove
06-12-2004, 09:00 PM
I can visualize the old guy telling that story.....made me smile!

HighRoller
06-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Two more funny stories that made me laugh through my tears:
Ronald Reagan told one of his Secret Service agents one day that having Alzhemier's wasn't so bad. When the agent asked why that was, Reagan told him "I get to meet new people everyday"!!
The other was George HW Bush, who said Reagn met with Bishop Tutu at the White House one day. Bush asked "How was your meeting with Bishop tutu?"
Reagan said "The meeting with Tutu went so-so."
I almost pissed my pants on that one!!

LASERRAY
06-12-2004, 09:31 PM
A friend that I work with in Moorpark was a city councilman when the Reagan Library opened in 1991 and had dinner with Ron and Nancy at the Library. Before dinner, during the photos, Ronnie shook my friends hand and exclaimed, " Wow, you're a big-boy. you must be a Democrat"! My friend, caught a little off guard admitted, 'why yes Mr. President I am. How did you know?' Ronnie looked him in the eye, grinned,and said, 'well, 'cause they sure stack it high'! :D

LASERRAY
06-13-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Two more funny stories that made me laugh through my tears:
Ronald Reagan told one of his Secret Service agents one day that having Alzhemier's wasn't so bad. When the agent asked why that was, Reagan told him "I get to meet new people everyday"!!
The other was George HW Bush, who said Reagn met with Bishop Tutu at the White House one day. Bush asked "How was your meeting with Bishop tutu?"
Reagan said "The meeting with Tutu went so-so."
I almost pissed my pants on that one!! I heard that Tu-tu so-so one at the service. That's classic Reagan. They could make a dvd of all his quips and cut-ups. I'd buy it.;)

Mandelon
06-13-2004, 10:14 AM
I 've been in love with the same woman for 49 years...........Just don't let my wife find out......:D

LASERRAY
06-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Sir, I knew Thomas Jefferson. And you're no Thomas Jefferson! :D

coolchange
06-13-2004, 02:08 PM
Buddy of mine did the dirt for the library. Has a picture of him and some of his employees and Ronnie standin in front of a 935.
Way cool.

LASERRAY
06-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by coolchange
Buddy of mine did the dirt for the library. Has a picture of him and some of his employees and Ronnie standin in front of a 935.
Way cool. I assume a 935 is an earthmover?:confused: