PDA

View Full Version : not jetting

signmaster
06-13-2004, 03:49 PM
today we made our fist run with new rewarders any thing but ide the plugs are white thats with 92/98 jets, Ive decided i got a problem elseware. my fuel system starts at the tanks with 3/8 steel feeds in the tank then 1/2" line to fuel filter/water seperater drilled out to 3/8" then 1/2"line to a carter 140gph pump then an-10 to 4 port fuel rail driiled to 3/8" then an-6 to each of my 850 carb inlets I noticed the hole in the jets is larger than the hole in the needle and seet port could this be my problem?

Infomaniac
06-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Have you taken the tank outlets out?
They need looked at. For anti-siphon valves, screens and a restrictive 90 degree pipe fitting.
Proper tank venting also is a must.

signmaster
06-13-2004, 07:31 PM
yep I replaced them with 3/8 steel line and elbows. is it ok to have the filter water seperator before the pump Im at a total loss I did everything the way I should I think.:confused:

rustyk
06-13-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by signmaster
yep I replaced them with 3/8 steel line and elbows. is it ok to have the filter water seperator before the pump Im at a total loss I did everything the way I should I think.:confused:
That merc. fuel water separater needs pressure to work correctly, not suction.
Try that first.

signmaster
06-14-2004, 07:20 PM
I was wondering about that,Ill move it today .Ialso ordered bigger needle & seat I guess someone put in the smallest size they make in there on the last rebuild.