PDA

View Full Version : information on the Shockwave 26, cat?

warlord
06-13-2004, 04:16 PM
I am looking to purchase a new boat, a 26' cat. Does anyone have information on the Shockwave and how does it compare to the Commander. I will purchase this boat with the 525 EFI in it. Any info would be appreciated.

THATJEFFGUY
06-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Hey warlord, the best way to start a war is to mention Commander and Shockwave in the same sentence ! The only way these 2 boats makers even compare is that....they're manufactured in the same state. Do yourself a favor bro...just keep on driving pass that Commander showroom off the 91 in Corona, and head over to Shockwave !!

locogringo
06-13-2004, 10:08 PM
I agree 100% with that.

Kilrtoy
06-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Ok better yet,
How the hell is it and how does it handle speed.
I know shockwave , they back they product up.
Will someone please buy one and put some serious HP to it so we know, and I'm not talking a 525 either.
They treat you like DAVE, but minus the price

THOR
06-14-2004, 07:02 AM
I saw one at OP6 and it was fuggin sweet.

Keith E. Sayre
06-17-2004, 04:10 PM
While I wouldn't want to guess, based on what I saw at the boat show, I'd say that the Shockwave boat is using a bottom that has been around for years . If this guess is
correct, then I'd also guess that it's going to eat up the rough stuff and fly straight and low. Best part is, it won't have any bad habits! That's about as good as it gets! Of course, this is all a guess........
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400

redneckgirl
06-17-2004, 07:42 PM
As a Shockwave owner "not the cat, just the baby boat" I have nothing but good things to say about Shockwave!!! The peeps there are awesome to deal with!!! We have 60 hours on our 21' Step Skier and love it, we picked it up in January and have only missed about 4 weekends at the lake... I would register on Riverracerx.com and post the same thread... There is a couple of guys that have one or is having one built... They will be more than happy to share info... Good luck on your choice... IMHO Shockwave rules... I wish I could have the Step Skier and the Cat, it is a sweeeet boat !!! :eek: :cool: :D
RNG

Kilrtoy
06-17-2004, 07:56 PM
I'd say that the Shockwave boat is using a bottom that has been around for years .
Inquiring minds want to know,
What Hull is it....

whytgoo
06-17-2004, 08:02 PM
I am a new Shockwave owner and have nothing but good things to say. The guys at Commander are rude, arrogant and seem to think that their boats are the only ones on the market. Before I bought my boat, I told Barry that I was looking at other Makers. He didn't pressure me into anything and after doing my homework, I went back and bought the boat. Their stock boats are fully equiped, where the others charge an arm and a leg for the same thing Shockwave includes. Good Luck

DogHouse
06-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Inquiring minds want to know,
What Hull is it....
Nope, not gonna bite on this question... Again! :D
I think I offended the proud papa last time this came up! :devil:
:D

hd&boatrider
06-17-2004, 08:14 PM
the boat can be taken out for a test ride. Barry will set you up and you will feel it or not. Make sure you get a test ride in all of the boats first that you are considering.

BoatFloating
06-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Keith E. Sayre
While I wouldn't want to guess, based on what I saw at the boat show, I'd say that the Shockwave boat is using a bottom that has been around for years . If this guess is
correct, then I'd also guess that it's going to eat up the rough stuff and fly straight and low. Best part is, it won't have any bad habits! That's about as good as it gets! Of course, this is all a guess........
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400
Ruh Ro :) I didn't say a word....

playdeep
06-17-2004, 10:01 PM
It would be cool if someone had the cajones(and knowledge) to actually post the SHORT list of cats on the market that were actually originals and not a splash of a splash....
....Keith since you have forgotten more about boating than most of us will ever know,I nominate YOU,to enlighten us.:D

THOR
06-18-2004, 07:03 AM
The only ones I know are:
The HTM 24' is a Warlock bottom
The Eliminator deck is a Conquest

Reaper1
06-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Off the top of my head. A few OG's
Ultra - Shadow Cat
Lavey - Sabre Cat
Hallett - 270 Cat
I don't think the HTM is a Warlock bottom(although similar) and if I recall HTM holds a pattend for that bottom.
I could be wrong but what the hell, I'm leaving for Havasu in 5 hours.:) And there is nothing wrong with a finessed copy. Right Skully.:D

NorCalCat
06-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by warlord
I am looking to purchase a new boat, a 26' cat. Does anyone have information on the Shockwave and how does it compare to the Commander. I will purchase this boat with the 525 EFI in it. Any info would be appreciated.
Force Offshore makes a very nice 26, and it comes loaded. Check them out. I have a 29 and I am VERY happy.
www.forceoffshore.com

BADBLOWN572
06-18-2004, 09:18 AM
Force is a splash of Carrera
Rayson Craft is a splash of Carrera
AO has the same bottom as a Tallon
Firehawk is a Tallon
Hawaiian is a Warlock
I can guarantee that the Carrera was an original until someone else splashed it. I watched the thing from start to completion.

NorCalCat
06-18-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
Force is a splash of Carrera
Rayson Craft is a splash of Carrera
AO has the same bottom as a Tallon
Firehawk is a Tallon
Hawaiian is a Warlock
Interesting since Force had the 29 out WELL before Carrera did. But then again, you probably knew that. If you look at the bottoms of the Force and Carrera, they are different. Before you make these accusations, maybe you should compare them side by side.
Have you ever driven a Force? They drive completely different.

BADBLOWN572
06-18-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by NorCalCat
Interesting since Force had the 29 out WELL before Carrera did. But then again, you probably knew that. If you look at the bottoms of the Force and Carrera, they are different. Before you make these accusations, maybe you should compare them side by side.
Have you ever driven a Force? They drive completely different.
Ok, well it is obvious you don't know any of the background here now. To make it really simple 1) Rayson Craft (Johnny Witsett) splashed a Carrera cat. That is where the 26 came from. 2) Brad from Force & Johnny got into it so Brad took the mold and started his own company and called it Force. 3) Force took the Carrera 26 and stretched it 3' to make the 29. 4) Carrera went after them legally. 5) Force settled and gave Carrera a 29 mold with the agreement that Carrera & Force can both build them, but neither can say the boat is the same for promotional purposes. The Carrera 29 mold was paid for and built by Force.
As for driving the boats, I have driven both and I am thankful that they have different characteristics.

NorCalCat
06-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
Ok, well it is obvious you don't know any of the background here now. To make it really simple 1) Rayson Craft (Johnny Witsett) splashed a Carrera cat. That is where the 26 came from. 2) Brad from Force & Johnny got into it so Brad took the mold and started his own company and called it Force. 3) Force took the Carrera 26 and stretched it 3' to make the 29. 4) Carrera went after them legally. 5) Force settled and gave Carrera a 29 mold with the agreement that Carrera & Force can both build them, but neither can say the boat is the same for promotional purposes. The Carrera 29 mold was paid for and built by Force.
As for driving the boats, I have driven both and I am thankful that they have different characteristics.
BADBLOWN,
No disrespect to your knowledge about these companies. It seems that Brad and Johnny will only really know the real story. I just had this conversation with Brad on Monday. Next time you are in the Channel, pull up to a Force 26 and look at the bottom. Similar, but different. I was out with a guy that has a Carrera 257 this last weekend and it is a great boat, however, I will reiterate, different hull. I was also out with a guy who had a Rayson Craft. (Vary different) As for Rayson, well that is history. Johnny will not be building boats for a while...
Cheers, it sounds like we are both really happy with our boats. And that is really all that matters. The other thing is the customer service at Force is amazing. I will elaborate after this weekend...:D

BADBLOWN572
06-18-2004, 10:30 AM
I can not say anything bad about the Force boats. I know quite a few of the people over there and had some really good friends who rigged for Force that have since left. I can promise you though that the Rayson Craft cat is a Carrera 257. I have seen pictures and talked to extremely credible witnesses that a Carrera 257 went into Rayson Craft for service and was de-rigged, flipped, and splashed. I have seen the pictures!
As for it ending up in Force, according to conversations with Force employees it did. Additionally, I have seen "papers" signed by Force agents that recognize it.
Last thing that I am doing is bagging on Force. I am just relaying inside knowlege of what has happened. The guilty culprit in this saga is Johnny Whitsett. He is getting what he deserves, a stylish pair of silver bracelets. I do have to say that Force makes a quality boat that runs good. I am looking forward to seeing their deep V get put together. I have seen the plug and it looks excellent.

rivercrazy
06-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Heres a few pics of the 1st cat pulled out of the mold featured at the LA boat show:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/80Picture_092-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/80Picture_093-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/80Picture_090-med.jpg
That boat looks great in person. The design incorporates a ton of interior room for a 26 Cat including a substantial amount of room under the closed deck area.

TOBTEK
06-18-2004, 04:49 PM
I was very IMPRESSED with the new ShockWave 26....BUT has anyone driven one with more than a 496HO? And what is the pricing??????

FRENCHIE
06-21-2004, 07:36 PM
gotta say cant go wrong with the SHOCKWAVE!!!:D

BoatFloating
06-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by NorCalCat
BADBLOWN,
No disrespect to your knowledge about these companies. It seems that Brad and Johnny will only really know the real story. I just had this conversation with Brad on Monday. Next time you are in the Channel, pull up to a Force 26 and look at the bottom. Similar, but different. I was out with a guy that has a Carrera 257 this last weekend and it is a great boat, however, I will reiterate, different hull. I was also out with a guy who had a Rayson Craft. (Vary different) As for Rayson, well that is history. Johnny will not be building boats for a while...
Cheers, it sounds like we are both really happy with our boats. And that is really all that matters. The other thing is the customer service at Force is amazing. I will elaborate after this weekend...:D
Norcal, I was at Carrera the day the 29' bottom got dropped off. It was being towed by a truck with a Force sticker and didn't stay long. The only difference is the top deck and Carrera has done a few inserts in the rear bottom. Look at the front back and you'll see the same bottom. Add another 3' and you have the 32' Force. Force still builds a nice boat and it runs great. Deano's 32 runs like a bat outta hell.

DogHouse
06-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by TOBTEK
I was very IMPRESSED with the new ShockWave 26....BUT has anyone driven one with more than a 496HO? And what is the pricing??????
There are enough Talons, AOs, Magics, Conquests, etc, running around with moderate to huge power that I think we can safely predict what will happen... ;)
Did I say that? :devil:
:D

Keith E. Sayre
06-22-2004, 09:36 AM
I will guess that since Dog Houses boat hauls the mail in a serious
way and does it right, that the new Shockwave cat will also haul
the mail if given sufficient horsepower and someone other than Barry to drive it!!
I like to think of this whole scenario as the "osmosis" hypothesis.
Whereas the Magic mold that build Dog Houses boat was bought
here at Conquest and then was used to build Dog Houses bottom, and since ours looks like a certain boat from the East
coast, and also looks an awful lot like a Howard 26 and an
Am. Offshore and a Firehawk and an Eliminator Fundeck and
a Talon and now a Shockwave. Wow this is getting
confusing! But then again, this is just alot of guesswork.
Keith Sayre

BoatFloating
06-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Keith E. Sayre
I will guess that since Dog Houses boat hauls the mail in a serious
way and does it right, that the new Shockwave cat will also haul
the mail if given sufficient horsepower and someone other than Barry to drive it!!
I like to think of this whole scenario as the "osmosis" hypothesis.
Whereas the Magic mold that build Dog Houses boat was bought
here at Conquest and then was used to build Dog Houses bottom, and since ours looks like a certain boat from the East
coast, and also looks an awful lot like a Howard 26 and an
Am. Offshore and a Firehawk and an Eliminator Fundeck and
a Talon and now a Shockwave. Wow this is getting
confusing! But then again, this is just alot of guesswork.
Keith Sayre
It's pretty clear to me.....

LAVEYSABRE575
06-23-2004, 07:37 PM
my first guess would be its an a/o bottom but then again who cares the talon is a kick ass bottom if the boat runs good and we know its made good and it fits the budget buy it , i just recently met barry at shockwave super nice guy if i was in the market his boat would be at the top of my list of course with lavey......

Kilrtoy
07-10-2004, 08:19 PM
So can this bottom handle twin WEED WACKERS

roln 20s
07-10-2004, 08:34 PM
So can this bottom handle twin WEED WACKERS
If its the same bottom as the Howard, sure it can. I know they built 1 with 280s (maybe 300s-not sure) and it ran right near 100mph.
Roln 20s

Craig
07-11-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by THOR
The only ones I know are:
The HTM 24' is a Warlock bottom
The Eliminator deck is a Conquest
Advantage Sportcat :)

shocker
07-11-2004, 06:15 PM
I am the owner of the first 26' shockwave. The boat rides and drives nice, with a stock( for now) 496 mag HO i am getting about 70 mph.

Kilrtoy
07-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by shocker
I am the owner of the first 26' shockwave. The boat rides and drives nice, with a stock( for now) 496 mag HO i am getting about 70 mph.
That is a sweet looking boat:cool:
Wanna take me for a ride at the Regatta

FRENCHIE
07-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by shocker
yea we saw ya at the sandbar and mini sandbar the last couple of weekends nice ride bro and good choice in name!!;) :D