PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when your prop is Sharp enough???

Scream
06-13-2004, 05:38 PM
When the sombitch cuts you and screws up your weekend...
4 inches, 11 stiches and 4.5 hours outa my saturday.
Where's THATJEFFGUY, I'm ready for my prop cover now...
Scream <---ing obsenities as loud as I can
:mad: :mad: :mad:

JetBoatRich
06-13-2004, 05:39 PM
What did you do Matt, in the water you found the prop:o
Sucks to hear:mad:

LASERRAY
06-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Rookie!:rolleyes:
J/K Scream. Very sorry to hear that. I hope it didn't ruin your trip.:eek:

Scream
06-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Yea, pretty much. Girls wanted to go tubing. We were at hallet beach at Lake Mead with ahhell and his family. Loading up the boat getting ready to head out and kinda kicked the prop. Not hard, but apparantly hard enough. Pretty much degloved my ankle bone on the left foot. I'll post pics later when it's cleaned up a bit.

JetBoatRich
06-13-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Scream
Yea, pretty much. Girls wanted to go tubing. We were at hallet beach at Lake Mead with ahhell and his family. Loading up the boat getting ready to head out and kinda kicked the prop. Not hard, but apparantly hard enough. Pretty much degloved my ankle bone on the left foot. I'll post pics later when it's cleaned up a bit.
:yuk: :yuk:
sounds nasty
:yuk: :yuk:

Scream
06-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Didn't ruin the trip, but my kids were a bit dissapointed, and no Mark, I wasn't drinking YET. It was pretty early on Saturday and I hadn't even started on my beer supply.
I spent so long in the ER that I was gonna die of thirst. I told the nurse that when I get back I'm gonna drink my pain meds...She went and told the Doctor and he wanted to make sure I was going to drink in moderation. Ya young punk you, I'm old enough to be your father...OK Doc...
So I got back to camp and ahhell helped me medicate myself. I slept pretty good after that...

LASERRAY
06-13-2004, 05:49 PM
Yea, pretty much. Girls wanted to go tubing. We were at hallet beach at Lake Mead with ahhell and his family. Loading up the boat getting ready to head out and kinda kicked the prop. Not hard, but apparantly hard enough. Pretty much degloved my ankle bone on the left foot. I'll post pics later when it's cleaned up a bit. DUDE!!!........................................... ...:eek!:

Kim Hanson
06-13-2004, 05:58 PM
You have to stay away from the props..........( . )( . )......
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72BP_1_1_2003_124901_PM.jpg They are sharp !;)

Scream
06-13-2004, 05:59 PM
glad to hear your ok ,sence you can't work you can come back and play with us this weekend or call in sick and stay their for a week see ya friday
I wish. I still gotta work, but I've got some exciting things coming up. NOT. Oh well, maybe somebody there will feel sorry for me.
Nice try on the Fathers Day weekend...Too funny. Deb says good job

cave
06-13-2004, 06:16 PM
They call them cleavers for a reason. This was taken minutes after a friend took a dip near his 25' Eliminator's prop.

Mandelon
06-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Need I say it.............you should've bought a jet...........:D
Sorry to hear of your unfortunate accidinky. But I don't think those covers will do much for acceleration anyway.....:cool:

Havasu Hangin'
06-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Did I ever tell you about the guy who jumped into the water off his swimstep a little to close to the outbored prop?
That's right...it cut his dick in two clean through his swim trunks. It was hanging by a small piece of skin...he had to get it "Frankensteined" back on.
:eek:

Scream
06-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
Did I ever tell you about the guy who jumped into the water off his swimstep a little to close to the outbored prop?
That's right...it cut his dick in two clean through his swim trunks. It was hanging by a small piece of skin...he had to get it "Frankensteined" back on.
OUCH, Thanks for that visual HH, that makes my weiner hurt...LOL

Kim Hanson
06-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
What did he have one of those new Ginsu Props, those are dual purpose blades for sure. :D Right from the table to the boat.......( . )( . ).....:wink:

Havasu Hangin'
06-13-2004, 06:38 PM
OUCH, Thanks for that visual HH, that makes my weiner hurt...LOL
Just trying to make you feel better (I'm here to help).
Hope you feel better.
:D

dicudmore
06-13-2004, 06:43 PM
ouch that blows.....
drinking meds sounds like it was the right thing to do :cool:

ahhell
06-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Sooo...you made it home:D was there a throbing in the foot on the drive home?
I coulda sewn it up for you back at camp, and if I f'd it up i'd bought you a beer...better check my malpractice first;)
SHOULDA BOUGHT A JET!!!!:D :D :D
then i could keep up:eek:

dicudmore
06-13-2004, 06:47 PM
so how was the rest of the weekend :confused:

Scream
06-13-2004, 06:50 PM
OK, here's the pic. My foot's still a little swollen.
my foot (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1271DSC01194-med.JPG)
Deb thinks it's gross, so if you are queesy, don't look.

JetBoatRich
06-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Looks like it may have just hurt:( A LOT
Better take it easy the next couple days, stay home and catch up on someposting:rolleyes:

ahhell
06-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Matt...swear to god thats only half the size it was on the beach, it took both of us to hold the flap down....told you we should got some before pix:D ...looed like a skinned rabbit. remind me to bring super glue next time;) ;)

LASERRAY
06-13-2004, 06:56 PM
OK, here's the pic. My foot's still a little swollen.
my foot (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1271DSC01194-med.JPG)
Deb thinks it's gross, so if you are queesy, don't look. Nice Gash!!!:eek: What did the Russian judge give you? :D

Scream
06-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Sooo...you made it home was there a throbing in the foot on the drive home?
No throbbing, just a little sore. Hasn't really throbbed since we killed the 12er last night.
so how was the rest of the weekend
Well, I pretty much screwed up everyones weekend. My kids waited inside the Motorhome till Deb and I got back from the hospital. Ahhell's family hung with them and kept them company, so I did pretty much screw up thier weekend as well
And I drank all his beer...I'm good I tell ya.

Scream
06-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Looks like it may have just hurt:( A LOT
Better take it easy the next couple days, stay home and catch up on someposting:rolleyes:
Maybe if I stay home for 2 months I can catch up with my wife...LOL
there aint no way in hell, I gotta tell ya.

ahhell
06-13-2004, 07:01 PM
[i]
Well, I pretty much screwed up everyones weekend. My kids waited inside the Motorhome till Deb and I got back from the hospital. Ahhell's family hung with them and kept them company, so I did pretty much screw up thier weekend as well
And I drank all his beer...I'm good I tell ya. [/B]
Dude, look at our track record,we should start expecting this shit to happen....dont worry about the beer<........Moabi in 2 weeks and still havent had one of your martini's;)

dicudmore
06-13-2004, 07:03 PM
ya know just gotta hope the next trip goes better.....
I promise Mead is not jinxed, even after my ticket stories and your foot deal.

Hallett19
06-13-2004, 07:10 PM
GET A JET !!! :D

LASERRAY
06-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Scream, Next time listen to those little voices in your head that tell you to stay home!:D

Kim Hanson
06-13-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Hallett19
No shit, slow and safe..........:D ...( . )( . ).....;)

LASERRAY
06-13-2004, 07:12 PM
GET A JET !!! :D :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :D

dicudmore
06-13-2004, 07:14 PM
friends don't let friends buy/drive jets........
except ahhell.....we'll let that go bud :D

dicudmore
06-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
ssssh don't say that, i'v never had any probs at mead ,well there was that one time i fell down on the dock ,but that was cus i was DRUNK:D
I'm good, I was telling him NOT jinxed.....

Scream
06-13-2004, 07:17 PM
ssssh don't say that, i'v never had any probs at mead ,well there was that one time i fell down on the dock ,but that was cus i was DRUNK:D
I can't believe that about you...LOL

Kim Hanson
06-13-2004, 07:18 PM
my bathtub has a jet and it ain't fast:D
GPS it , just to be sure :D ....( . )( . )...You can never be to safe ;)

Scream
06-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by ahhell
Dude, look at our track record,we should start expecting this shit to happen....dont worry about the beer<........Moabi in 2 weeks and still havent had one of your martini's;)
Ya know, we've known each other almost 30 years and had relatively few injuries through out that time. I'd say somewhere along the lines of 1 injury requiring first aid or above every 1000 beers or so, on average of course...

dicudmore
06-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Ya know, we've known each other almost 30 years and had relatively few injuries through out that time. I'd say somewhere along the lines of 1 injury requiring first aid or above every 1000 beers or so, on average of course...
most companies would be proud of that safety record :D

ahhell
06-13-2004, 07:29 PM
I can count a few times...golfing,jet skiing,swimming,boating, smokin',all drew blood (except for the smokin' one, that was just a burn tatoo:rolleyes: ) but as you say, over 30 years, good average...where's debbo...kinda quiet at the ol' Sandbar.....
LOVE YOU DEBBIE.....REALLY

Debbolas
06-13-2004, 07:32 PM
Excuse Me?
a few injuries?
Have you forgotten the "knee board from hell" It hurt (seriously) everone that rode it!
How about the rope between the legs, pulling the tube?
(glad we were done having kids!)
Cathy and her overdose of Contact?
Throwing Matt into the pool face down in shallow water?
Golf club to the head?
Sound familar????!!!!!

Scream
06-13-2004, 07:32 PM
I can count a few times...golfing,jet skiing,swimming,boating, smokin',all drew blood (except for the smokin' one, that was just a burn tatoo:rolleyes: ) but as you say, over 30 years, good average...where's debbo...kinda quiet at the ol' Sandbar.....
LOVE YOU DEBBIE.....REALLY
Get this, shey said "I'm too tired to post"...Ya right, what a liar.

Hallett19
06-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Kim Hanson
No shit, slow and safe..........:D ...( . )( . ).....;)
At least my boat has nothing in common with my lawn mower !! :D

Scream
06-13-2004, 07:34 PM
LMAO

Kim Hanson
06-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Yes it does, slow as one........( . )( . ).......:D :p

Sleek-Jet
06-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Golf club to the head?
Sound familar????!!!!!
Oh, I really want to hear this story. :D

hoolign
06-13-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Kim Hanson
Yes it does, slow as one........( . )( . ).......:D :p
actually seen more outboards with a pullstart than a jet:p

Kim Hanson
06-13-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by hoolign
You can try to pull over mine with the rope if you want........( . )( . )....Jet , all you need to do is hit that switch on the wall. :D

dicudmore
06-13-2004, 07:42 PM
I've NEVER seen an outboard with a jet :D
Are you drinking and not sharing :( :(

ahhell
06-13-2004, 07:44 PM
the kids ALWAYS love to do this..........driver included
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1518107_0767-med.jpg
.........lake lice exterminator

dicudmore
06-13-2004, 07:46 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1518107_0767-med.jpg
.........lake lice exterminator
I never thought of that....now I have a new appreciation for jets.
anything to get rid of the lice is ok w/me :D

Kim Hanson
06-13-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
:confused: There is OutBoard Jets.........( . )( . ).....:rolleyes:

Scream
06-13-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
Oh, I really want to hear this story. :D
Ok, well I was drinkin some beers with ahhell...You could just add that to the front of every story with him from this time forward.
ahhell's wife, hooterville, got some new golfclubs and wanted to go to the driving range. My son and I were with them, so I decided that I should be the good Dad and show my son how to swing a club. He was 9 or 10...I showed him propper grip, propper stance and then the swing and followthrough...
Gotta watch that followthrough.
Nailed me right in the forhead with a 7 iron. Bled like a stuck pig, because of the aformentioned beer drinking. So I had a hell of a headache and needed more beer. Ahhell taped me up. you can hardley see the scar.

Sleek-Jet
06-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Ok, well I was drinkin some beers with ahhell...You could just add that to the front of every story with him from this time forward.
ahhell's wife, hooterville, got some new golfclubs and wanted to go to the driving range. My son and I were with them, so I decided that I should be the good Dad and show my son how to swing a club. He was 9 or 10...I showed him propper grip, propper stance and then the swing and followthrough...
Gotta watch that followthrough.
Nailed me right in the forhead with a 7 iron. Bled like a stuck pig, because of the aformentioned beer drinking. So I had a hell of a headache and needed more beer. Ahhell taped me up. you can hardley see the scar.
I knew that was going to start with "I was drinking beer one time... "
LMAO

hoolign
06-13-2004, 07:50 PM
i've got an old 25 horse johnson with a jet lower unit.....pull start:p

dicudmore
06-13-2004, 07:54 PM
i've got an old 25 horse johnson with a jet lower unit.....pull start:p
no shit :confused:
I've got a 1955 johnson 10-horse in my dads garage....
pull-start, 2-blade PROP
prob still start in 2-3 pulls :D

hoolign
06-13-2004, 07:58 PM
no shit :confused:
I've got a 1955 johnson 10-horse in my dads garage....
pull-start, 2-blade PROP
prob still start in 2-3 pulls :D
not a johnson but same idea
http://scottandjenn.com/tiki/tiki/show_image.php?id=64

RiverToysJas
06-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Very sorry to hear of your wound Scream!!! Does your boat have a labbed prop, or box stock? What brand?
Just wondering, because my box stock Bravo 24" is not too sharp, but impacted hard enough, I'm sure it'll cut. I've given myself a small cut on the hand when unwrapping the anchor line....but that's another story. :wink: I also ask because I plan to have my prop cleaned and sharpened, if not a full lab.
I think I might as well invest in a cover too, to make my guest's feel better, if nothing else.
RTJas :D

Scream
06-13-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
Very sorry to hear of your wound Scream!!! Does your boat have a labbed prop, or box stock? What brand?
Just wondering, because my box stock Bravo 24" is not too sharp, but impacted hard enough, I'm sure it'll cut. I've given myself a small cut on the hand when unwrapping the anchor line....but that's another story. :wink: I also ask because I plan to have my prop cleaned and sharpened, if not a full lab.
I think I might as well invest in a cover too, to make my guest's feel better, if nothing else.
RTJ,
24P Bravo I untouched. Just a kick, and not a hard one. Trying to hustle the dog into the boat and whack...
The good thing is the stiches will be out before I go to my next river trip...Hell yes, I'm buyin a prop guard now. I didn't believe before, but now I'm a convert.

RiverToysJas
06-13-2004, 08:16 PM
...Hell yes, I'm buyin a prop guard now. I didn't believe before, but now I'm a convert.
A prop guard? Like one of those things that goes around your prop all the time, or a cover for when you're parked or trailered?
Prop Guard.....
http://www.propguard.net/images/install.gif

Scream
06-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
A prop guard? Like one of those things that goes around your prop all the time, or a cover for when you're parked or trailered?
Prop Guard.....
http://www.propguard.net/images/install.gif
Parked and trailered...that thing looks goofy. Of course if I cut myself again, it might start lookin good...

Dr. Eagle
06-13-2004, 08:22 PM
At least you didn't do the Dr. Eagle swan dive onto the prop and sever tendons in your knee..
Sorry Scream... Hope you aren't hurt too bad. Those props are viscious.
Those prop covers are good investments... and they make me feel better about liability too... I always had a picture of some kid riding his bike not watching where he was going running into my props when I had it parked on the street.
That's why I got the proppaks a couple of years ago.

Scream
06-13-2004, 08:26 PM
ahhell saw Prop Socks in the Echo Bay marina after my little incident. They sold them in 3's. I've seen them and they make sense. I think I like the bag thingy that THATJEFFGUY sells. I'll have to check it out, maybe send him a pm about it...
The thing that gets me is that I didn't hit it that hard. I must be gettin old with that see thru skin.
EEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!

LaveyJet
06-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Pussy, Try a severed femur, a leg wound that measured 30 inches x 18 inches, ,11 surgeries, 6 pints of blood, two skin grafts, 120 staples, 3 months in the hospital followed by another 3 months of home recovery.
Now you know why I own a jet;)

Dr. Eagle
06-13-2004, 08:29 PM
ahhell saw Prop Socks in the Echo Bay marina after my little incident. They sold them in 3's. I've seen them and they make sense. I think I like the bag thingy that THATJEFFGUY sells. I'll have to check it out, maybe send him a pm about it...
The thing that gets me is that I didn't hit it that hard. I must be gettin old with that see thru skin.
EEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!
The Proppaks are just like what Jeff sells, without the snappy colors and graphics. Any color you want as long as it's black. But they have some foam padding sown in and you would really have to be moving to ding yourself with one of those on there...

Dr. Eagle
06-13-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by LaveyJet
Pussy, Try a severed femur, a leg wound that measured 30 inches x 18 inches, ,11 surgeries, 6 pints of blood, two skin grafts, 120 staples, 3 months in the hospital followed by another 3 months of home recovery.
Did you cut yourself shaving????

Debbolas
06-13-2004, 08:36 PM
Ok, since men forget ALL the details, here is my verision of our weekend...........................
We left about 3:30 hit traffic I am driving the BIG 30 ft motorhome that is not easy to drive. No air conditioning, lots of big trucks, not fun.
We make it to the Mad Greek and eat a really good Greek Salad with grape leaves and feta cheese. I notice mice droppings on the floor under our table (yuck) We leave and it is getting dark. Oh goody driving on the freeway with big trucks at night. (did I mention that NONE of the truck drivesr are flashing their lights to let me know I can move back into their lane after passing them?) Several small Toyota Trucks try to drive under my front wheels (WTF?) I am getting the hang of recovering from passing/being passed and having the motorhome weave around from the air draft.
We are driving and finally make Vegas! or actually turn just before it at Mc Carren Airport exit. We get lost, stop for a map (not directions LOL;) ) and continue on our way.
Finally Lake Mead! We blow by the ranger station and continue on, and on, and on. This tiny two lane road (luckily not much traffic) every now and then some *** with his brights on. Halfway there Matt tells me one of my headlights is out. I try to "find" my brights to no avail. While I am doing this ALL OF THE LIGHTS ON THE MOTORHOME GO OUT I stop messing with the levers and they come back on, but I am scared they could go out any minute. I move up closer to Matt so he can help light the road. Lots of hills, curves, just for fun every now and then a huge gust of wind comes up and blows you around when you least expect it Then the road gets maller, and rougher and it seems we are driving half on the road, half on the shoulder...... I am very tired, trying hard to concentrate so we don't crash. This road does not ever end, it goes on forever, forever, forever....
I know what Matt is thinking, drop the boat and drive over to the marina....:D
Finally we find Echo Bay, we turn and start calling (waking up) Bob so he can direct us to our spot. He isn't answering, finally we find him and our site.
I pry my fingers from the steering wheel and start drinking!!!!
We sleep
Morning, we wake up (can't we sleep more?) I am behind making my sandwiches for the day ( I am always ready first!, not this time) Donna outdoes me (she is totally ready, I taught her well!) and they are waiting for us.........hurry, hurry, hurry,
We squish 9 people and two dogs into our naviagator and drive down to the marina...drop off the "ahhell family" and I back the trailer into the water. I did ok. The boat does not want to come off the trailer (was this an omen?) I go and park the car/trailer, walk about 56 miles down to the dock, get on my boat.
Hey this is starting to be a good day! I am on my boat, with my family and my dog, it is a beautiful day, no wind, we head out...........G L A S S the lake was totaly glass, like a mirror. We drive down to Hallett Beach, we pass it because we don't realise we are so close..............turn around and head back. The plan is to set up camp (chairs & umbrellas) then head down the narrows to the dam and come back in time to meet Phat Matt & Goldilocks. The water is clean and pretty (for a while) the kids play in the water, My dog is having a blast finally he gets to go on a trip with us and is loving it! We set the anchors and start to clean the boat (It has road gunk on it) I have a beer and a sandwich, relax, play with my dog, take a few pics. There is no one one the beach, we have it almost all to ourselves. What a day! The kids come back from playing and want to tube, so we blow up the Sea Doo 3 person towable.....
We get everyone in the boat, Matt bends down to put Sonny (our yellow lab) in the boat and jumps up cussing and hopping over to the beach. I know right away he is hurt because he doesn't act like this if he just stubbed his toe. He is in a LOT of PAIN! Bob goes over and I look and see all this blood coming from under both their hands. It took both of them to hold the skin flap down. I jump out of the boat (now in super mom mode) with a towel. We sit him down and tie a towel REALLY TIGHT around his foot to stop the bleeding. Just chaos at this point. Bob wants a first aid kit, so I jump back in the boat and get one. We find a BIG SPONGE so he wants tape, I jump in the boat, dump out my "green bag" finally find the tape in the yellow bag and stand on the beach, tearing strips off so he can tape the sponge to Matt's foot. It has stopped bleeding at this point, but will for sure need stitches! The kids do a great job of gathering up all our stuff and stowing it in the boat. deflateing the tube is the hardest part. (minor point ...my boat is thrashed at this point, stuff everywhere, sand, mud, water,) We all jump into the boats and take off. I am driving, I get to drive fast. I dock at the marina (first time!) I do a good job....:D We tie up and I tell the dock guy what happened. A Ranger/Marina chick comes over and asks if we really want a ranger because they will charge you $250. I am floored by their casual attitude toward Matt's injury!!! This is a boating accident, I guess I expected them to be more concerned..... I run up to get the car, Bob's son comes with me to help me unhitch the trailer. We do that and can't find the road to the marina, we have to settle for the launch ramp and everyone hobbles over to our car. (Donna' lost her shoes) We drive back to camp, someone decides the middle of the road is a GOOD PLACE to park their car/boat and I am gonna scream at them, but they move (Matt was not happy with me at this point) We drive back, drop everyone off, put clothes on and head out the 40 miles to Henderson. The same awful road we drove in on the night before. It isn't so bad during the day.
Personal note here: This is my chance to drive fast!!! I have a reason for speeding....if an officer stops me I can point out my husbands serious injury. I am driving fast, Matt tells me to slow down a couple times:D
We make it to the ranger station and we want directions to the nearest hospital/urgent care. But they won't come to my window because it is the exit lane. I wave, but don' honk (don't want to freak Matt out) I am waving and waving...........finally I make a U turn, and drive over to the entrance. I explain our situation and Matt is wanting to pay the lake fee (?) She tells us where the hospital is and says we can pay on our way back :D We take off, (driving fasts:D ) Find the hospital and ER. I drop Matt of and go park the car. I come back and he is filling out forms. There is one old lady ahead of us, I think she is checking in.....
Personal note: I tend to get "overexcited" in ER's when they don't take care of my family as quickly as I think they should be. I have been know to yell. I am on the verge of "yelling" Matt is giving the "calm down" look and I am trying.............DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND MY HUSBAND HAS BEN CUT BY THE PROP....THE CUT IS LIKE TEN INCHES LONG AND HE NEEDS TO BE SEEN!!!!!!!!!
I am trying to be good.......we fill our forms and wait.....and wait.....and wait......A guy comes in with shortness of breath and coughing up blood (oh shit I think they wil take him ahead of Matt)
We watch an old movie on TV and wait and wait. Suddenly a women rushes in with a baby screaming that her baby can't breath!!! They take her in right away. This puts my husbands injury into perspective and I shut up and TRY to calm down. A mullett family comes in and the one-toothed women fills out the forms. The Mullet Man has several plastic bottles filled with some liquid in a bag (ick) The SOBCUB guy gets up and goes outside. Another couple comes in, he has a broken hand. Another Mullet guy comes in. The family of the babies mother comes in.. and crys and waits.......A "Soprano" type guy brings his mother in. He complains that they have to wait so long.....The SOBCUB guy gets up with his girlfriend and leaves, just then the Triage "nurse" calls his name. In my new spirit of co-operation I go outside to look for him. I don't see him, maybe he left. The Triage "nurse" goes back into the little room, comes out and calls Matt's Name!
WE SCORE!!!!
WE ARE IN THE LITTLE TRIAGE ROOM!!
The triage nurse (well Matt can describe him better than I can) He is a sex/change operation gone bad. About 6ft tall, with a beard and blond cornrow braids in his hair. He? She? has beautiful fake nails and prepubesent breasts. Shim has a little belly (like menopause women get) She/He explains that his day just went to hell, and they have a very sick baby. He is nice and likes Matt. While he is taking Matt's vitals stats, the desk calls and says the Shortness of Breath Coughing up Blood Guy is back. Lewis/Lois says he can wait. (they think he went outside to smoke a cig)
When Lewis answers the phone, he/she answers as Lois....he is nice and takes good care of us. He/She gives us a private room (the cast room) we are gratefull.
We wait about 2 secs :D This very nice nurse comes in and tries to examine Matt's foot but Bob & I taped it so good she has cut it off. She does that and it hurts Matt. She declares he can't be captain anymore and I get to drive the boat ( I like her) She sets out all the suture stuff and leaves. She explains we may have to wait because of the baby.

Debbolas
06-13-2004, 08:37 PM
I wasn't done, pushed the wrong button.....................

Scream
06-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Guess it's all a matter of perspective, eh?
I don't wanna see your pics, OK! :eek:
I've had prop boats for ever, but this is the first time I've ever cut myself on one, much less amputation.

Debbolas
06-13-2004, 08:46 PM
About 3 hours later a very nice young doctor comes in and examines Matts foot, it hurts! He numbs it up and leaves.
We wait, and wait.....and wait. He comes back and cleans and sews Matt up.
I ask about the number of stitches and the length of the cut.
He says 11 stitches and the cut was about 4 inches long. I say it looked like 10 inches to me and both men have a good laugh.
We wait for a tetus shot and antibiotics.......we wait and wait.
Finally the nice (you can't be captain) nurse comes back and give Matt his shot and antibiotics. She tells him not to drink. I can't help but laugh. She goes to check with the doc about drinking and antibiotics.
we wait
and wait
The doc pokes his head in and says in moderation ( I laugh again) don't drink a kegger....:D
The nurse finally comes in with our paper work (oh yeah, we had to pay $50) and we are on our way back to the gas station, Ranger station, and the long road home.
We get back around 7pm We left at 2pm. Matts foot is numb and he is feeling no pain so they take off to take Bob's boat out of the water.
Shower, dinner, more beer, sleep.
Morning....we wake up and head back down to the lake....because that is a long drive for 1/2 a day on the lake and when the horse throws ya off you get back on. It is a beautiful day, clear, no wind. It is almost worth it the day is so nice. We head up to Overton. There is no lake above Overton, it just stops. We looked for the abandonded town, but couldn't find it. We need to head back and drive home. :(
I back the trailer down (very well IMO):D We pack up and head out. Back down the road, it is pretty in the daytime we pass red rocks and my son takes lots of photos.
We don't get lost! and find the 15.
We drive forever, I is really hard work driving the RV home. I am beat.....;)
So night all!

Sleek-Jet
06-13-2004, 08:52 PM
So was the hospitol St. Rose?? Just curious.
Glad all's well that end's well.

LaveyJet
06-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Did you cut yourself shaving????
I wish, had a run in with a prop about 6 yrs ago.
BTW Scream, Infection is the biggest concern. Take the meds and keep an eye on it.

Scream
06-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
So was the hospitol St. Rose?? Just curious.
Glad all's well that end's well.
Ya, St. Rose Dominican or someting like that. I guess there's 4 St. Rose hospitals in and around the Las Vegas area, at least that's what the "nurse" was babbling about when we were in triage.

Scream
06-13-2004, 08:57 PM
I wish, had a run in with a prop about 6 yrs ago.
BTW Scream, Infection is the biggest concern. Take the meds and keep an eye on it.
They dosed me up on Keflex, and I'm using neosporin on the cut, so Hopefully I'll be ok.

Sleek-Jet
06-13-2004, 09:02 PM
Ya, St. Rose Dominican or someting like that. I guess there's 4 St. Rose hospitals in and around the Las Vegas area, at least that's what the "nurse" was babbling about when we were in triage.
My mother is a relief Nurse (which means she works all over the hospital, not just one dept.) at the Henderson campus, she doesn't like working in the ER, I'll ask her about the Shim. :D

wsuwrhr
06-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Pictures Dude, Pictures.
Brian

mmered8299
06-14-2004, 04:47 AM
A Ranger/Marina chick comes over and asks if we really want a ranger because they will charge you $250
WTF is that all about? It cost extra for a little help?

lake effect
06-14-2004, 05:46 AM
Here is the prop sock i bought at this springs boat show. It attaches to the cleats on the back and hangs over the lower unit. It can be used in the water or out.
www.nextenterprise.com

Phat Matt
06-14-2004, 09:25 AM
So I guess that is a good enough reason why we couldn't find you guys on Saturday. We still had a good time. We went to what we thought was Hallet beach to look for you. We pretty much hugged the Nevada side of Mead from Callville to almost Echo Bay, but nothing. We stopped at a beach for awhile, made some cocktails, then headed over to Wishing Well, then over to Sandy Beach just north of Calville Bay on the Nevada side. There are always lots of boats there and since we are used to Havasu, I like it better. We stayed there till sunset. Matt, you should have just left the sponge and tape on it and started in with tequila shots! I have a story to tell you about that next time we meet up.
Sorry about your day and keep that thing clean!
Matt

BarryMac
06-14-2004, 09:40 AM
what he said...:D
gjb

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 11:16 AM
RTJ,
24P Bravo I untouched. Just a kick, and not a hard one. Trying to hustle the dog into the boat and whack...
The good thing is the stiches will be out before I go to my next river trip...Hell yes, I'm buyin a prop guard now. I didn't believe before, but now I'm a convert.
I kicked my prop when I destroyed my knee on it too. That injury was the least of my worries at that point. I cut it from the edge of the big toe to the edge of the second toe in from the little toe right under the toe. Like I said it was the least of my worries. only took about 7 stitches, the knee took 3 surgeries and cost me my job and nearly my leg when it got infected in the hospital...:(

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Well Scream is off golfing today. We changed the bandage and he was able to put his shoe on. I don't know how he will do. I keep giving him Motrin and Keflex.....;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-14-2004, 12:06 PM
I'm glad he is o.k.. sucks you had to wait so long though. but at least he was seen and all fixed up. ;)

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
I'm glad he is o.k.. sucks you had to wait so long though. but at least he was seen and all fixed up. ;)
BTW Deb, great novel on the weekend.......;)

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks!
It was pretty scarey.
I thought maybe the boat went up on a wave and the prop came down on his foot and cut it. Very glad it wasn't one of our kids.
I was reading what I wrote about the hospital, I didn't mean to "put down" the hospital. They took great care of us, it just isn't what we planned for that weekend...Ya know?
How was your weekend? Do you have your boat yet?:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Thanks!
It was pretty scarey.
I thought maybe the boat went up on a wave and the prop came down on his foot and cut it. Very glad it wasn't one of our kids.
I was reading what I wrote about the hospital, I didn't mean to "put down" the hospital. They took great care of us, it just isn't what we planned for that weekend...Ya know?
I knew what you ment in the post.. you tend to panic and get more upset when there is a loved one involved with blood coming from every where.. you get yourself worked up.. ;) I would have done the same thing..
we should be getting the boat possibly by friday. ;)

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Cool Beans!!!
Where is your first trip out going to be? Man, you will not be able to get the:D off your face:D :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-14-2004, 12:19 PM
Cool Beans!!!
Where is your first trip out going to be? Man, you will not be able to get the:D off your face:D :D :D
well if it for sure done friday.. we need to take it to Havasu for paperwork and to learn how to drive it so we will stay till monday if we do go out.. ;)

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Actually I did finish the stereo installation, two amps, 6 speakers, two subwoofers, power and speaker wiring, signal cables, etc. and a new deck. Sounds good!
Now I have the boat going in the shop Friday to get the drive serviced, the trim switch replaced, and the shift and throttle cables adjusted. Then I have to wire up the accessory power so I can add some goodies... get the floor fixed up and a little upholstery repair (very minor stuff) and the boat is about 100%, aside from some minor cosmetic stuff.
I'm just glad Scream didn't hurt himself worse. My injury from my prop took me out of work for a year, and I will never have complete and especially pain free use of my knee again...

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Actually I did finish the stereo installation, two amps, 6 speakers, two subwoofers, power and speaker wiring, signal cables, etc. and a new deck. Sounds good!
Now I have the boat going in the shop Friday to get the drive serviced, the trim switch replaced, and the shift and throttle cables adjusted. Then I have to wire up the accessory power so I can add some goodies... get the floor fixed up and a little upholstery repair (very minor stuff) and the boat is about 100%, aside from some minor cosmetic stuff.
so when will your's be gettin wet sweetie.. ;)

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Probably July 4th weekend....

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 12:24 PM
Our boat needs to have it's 20 hour service. We need to get that done before our next trip out (last week of June) to Park Moabi....
Matt should have his stitches out by then. :)

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm just glad Scream didn't hurt himself worse. My injury from my prop took me out of work for a year, and I will never have complete and especially pain free use of my knee again...
I ready that! How awfull for you. When he first cut it I was so scared, it looked huge and wouldn't stop bleeding until we tied a towel around his foot REALLY TIGHT.
We are so getting a prop cover!

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Our boat needs to have it's 20 hour service. We need to get that done before our next trip out (last week of June) to Park Moabi....
Matt should have his stitches out by then. :)
I have about another day or two's worth of work to button all my little projects up. Can't work on it this weekend as my brother's family is coming to So Cal for a combo Moms Birthday and Fathers Day with my Dad. I will work on it the following weekend (26/27) and it should be ready for a happening 4th weekend......

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 12:29 PM
Where are you going July 4th?
(hey that would be a good thread):D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-14-2004, 12:31 PM
LMAO!! so get on it girl.. :D ;)

FMluvswater
06-14-2004, 12:32 PM
Glad to hear you're basically okay Scream. Hope it heals quickly. :)
Wow, what a weekend! Nice write up Debbolas! ;) :cool: I think you did great considering how stressful it all must have been. :)

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Probably July 4th....

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 12:41 PM
Most likely home for 6 days... then I'll turn it around and bring it back down here with me, put it in its little storage place and plot about some river/havasu/mead adventures...

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Most likely home for 6 days... then I'll turn it around and bring it back down here with me, put it in its little storage place and plot about some river/havasu/mead adventures...
Have you had your boat out yet this year?
( I can't keep track....;) )

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Have you had your boat out yet this year?
( I can't keep track....;) )
Yes once, when I went home in April...

HCS
06-14-2004, 12:53 PM
Good thing he wasn't checking the prop, so to say.
That would have been disastrous!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Good thing he wasn't checking the prop, so to say.
That would have been disastrous!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
LOL:D
When Matt "checks" the prop, he really "checks" the prop.....;)
(or kicks it)
Yeah, that would be awful, someone posted that some guy lost part of his "willy" from prop contact....................:eek: :eek:

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 12:59 PM
(or kicks it)
Yeah, that would be awful, someone posted that some guy lost part of his "willy" from prop contact....................:eek: :eek:
Kinda put a wang in the prop... eh?

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 01:00 PM
ouch!

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 01:02 PM
ouch!
Yeah, that'd get your attention! OUCH!:eek:

HCS
06-14-2004, 01:07 PM
(or kicks it)
Be careful out there! We don't need any instant sex changes.:eek:
Nice pic.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1566Scream_Debbolas_at_the_dam-med.jpg

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 01:08 PM
Thanks!
I was sucking my tummy in..................;)
That is in front of the Hoover Dam.

HCS
06-14-2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks!
I was sucking my tummy in..................;)
That is in front of the Hoover Dam.
I got to get me a bimini top for my boat. That looks way cool.
I bake in the sun when I go boating.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_1_9.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008')

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 01:36 PM
We didn't use our bimini hardly at all this weekend....But it is great for keeping ya cooler!;) This one is cool, it just slides in, our old boat had a locking pin thing, that would bounce out when we were driving....

dicudmore
06-14-2004, 02:00 PM
DEB THEIR IS A LITTLE URG-CARE IN OVERTON (MAYBE 15-20 MINS FROM EHCO),NEXT TIME COME IN FROM INS 15 AND GO THROUGH OVERTON (SORRY I SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING)STORES ,BARS, HARDWARE,Mc D'S;)
I've never tried that route but I know I'm NOT towing all the way through the park again to get to echo....

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 02:01 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1518107_078.jpg
just testing out Ahhells pic of our boat,
Why didn't the ranger/marina chick with the backpack tell us that? Overton would have been a lot closer! We could have gone up by boat, and saved a bunch of time!!!(oh, is it not on the water?)

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 02:03 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1518107_0784.jpg

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 02:05 PM
I had to drive down a two lane road from Echo to Henderson. So if I turned right instead of left I could have gone to Overton? Would that have been closer?

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 02:08 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1566Lake_Mead_6-12_004-med.jpg
Hell Froze Over

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 02:10 PM
I would have rather gone that way!
I was hauling ass!!

ahhell
06-14-2004, 02:13 PM
DEB THEIR IS A LITTLE URG-CARE IN OVERTON (MAYBE 15-20 MINS FROM EHCO),NEXT TIME COME IN FROM INS 15 AND GO THROUGH OVERTON (SORRY I SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING)STORES ,BARS, HARDWARE,Mc D'S;)
do you come in at exit 92??? say around Glendale? thats how my pops in law told us to come

ahhell
06-14-2004, 02:15 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1566Lake_Mead_6-12_004-med.jpg
Hell Froze Over
DAMN NICE BOAT, AND LOOK AT THE HANDSOME DRIVER!!!!!!
Thanks Debbo;)

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 02:55 PM
DAMN NICE BOAT, AND LOOK AT THE HANDSOME DRIVER!!!!!!
Thanks Debbo;)
any more pics of my boat?
;)

Phat Matt
06-14-2004, 02:57 PM
any more pics of my boat?
;)
Well if Matt hadn't of cut off his foot I could have taken some for ya! ;)

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 03:02 PM
I was so missing my Sluricaines!!!! (oh, and you guys too)
:(
Debbolas <----------feeling sorry for herself;)

ahhell
06-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Chris took a couple, but had the camera on the wrong setting and they're a little bright, if you know what i mean. We will do some drive by's at Moabi soon , very, very soon. any one else going??????Happy hour 5-7 p.m.......:cool: :cool:

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Did ya show Donna the menu?:)

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 03:28 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1566Lake_Mead_6-12_012-med.jpg
It wasn't my fault

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 03:29 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1566Lake_Mead_6-12_014-med.jpg
After the ER visit

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 03:30 PM
The boo boo
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1271DSC01194-med.JPG

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 03:40 PM
Dude!
Let me guess, you are saying that the prop blades aren't curved enough?
am I right?
:D :D

HCS
06-14-2004, 03:41 PM
I hate stitches. Especially when they get itchy and infected.

Mandelon
06-14-2004, 03:41 PM
Looks like a new avatar for scream to me.

Phat Matt
06-14-2004, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Debbolas
[B]I was so missing my Sluricaines!!!! (oh, and you guys too)
:(
We looked but couldn't find you. But it didn't stop us from drinking! Just had more for us!

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 03:43 PM
I don't know guys, he posted it as a link cause it is kinda graphic......
Debbolas<-------------thinking that would be a cool avitar

sigepmock
06-14-2004, 03:45 PM
We went out with Phuggit and the new guy Phreakn. New guy has a 22 Laser he got about two weeks ago and decided he had a little too much meat on his knee and did pretty much the same thing. Kicked the prop walking around the back of the boat in waist high water. I was in the boat and heard this awful thud.....He only got 5 stiches, but took him about 5 hours at the ER in Havasu on Sat. afternoon. What fun.....Maybe I should keep my jet:confused:
Sorry to hear about your injury.
Chris

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 03:55 PM
I was just surprised they weren't more "concerned" about his injury.......It must happen all the time. The St Rose Doc, said he does about stitches about 3 times a day, but this was his first prop accident.

ahhell
06-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Did ya show Donna the menu?:)
UHHHHHHH....i forgot, were doing Sausages right??
O.K. one more time.....PLEASE...pretty please:rolleyes:

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
27 years of stand up comedy and this could very well be the funniest thing I've ever said... and NOBODY GETS IT!! (just joking, it's a line from Bobby Slayton's, stand up comic, show)
RD
and I thought I was so smart, guessing!!!!
(is it a golf refrence?)
Debbolas<-----------totally confused;)

ahhell
06-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Looks like a 24 pitch Bravo I to me... Looks like ya need to add a little "cup" to the prop to get more out of it. ;) :D
(Have scream explain it to ya.. it was a boat joke)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1271DSC01194-med.JPG
RD
Hell, Matt...I coulda done that stitch job and only charged ya the beers it took to do it, AND NO CO PAY:D remember Lovetta and the knee board from HELL... time to cook, bye

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 04:02 PM
I was just surprised they weren't more "concerned" about his injury.......It must happen all the time. The St Rose Doc, said he does about stitches about 3 times a day, but this was his first prop accident.
Did they ask him (repeatedly) if the prop was turning? They kept asking me that forever it seemed.

FRENCHIE
06-14-2004, 04:04 PM
sorry to hear it , done it myself a couple of years back...sometimes ya gotta learn the hardway!:(

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 04:04 PM
No, the nurse just said Matt couldn't be the captain anymore....The dock/marina/ranger folk were unconcerned.......
(I guess if we paid them $250, they could have looked worried?)
I was VERY CONCERNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 04:21 PM
(sorry)
When Matt gets back from golfing, I am sure he will laugh.....;)
no one except FM laughs at my jokes.....;)

HCS
06-14-2004, 04:48 PM
No you were right on your guess.. to explain the joke yes it has to do with the curve of the blades.. but the "joke" was that it was a guess as to which kind of prop it was, and by looking at the wound I was giving advice on how to "tune" the prop to get more performance out of the boat. Turns out it wasn't nearly as funny as I thought it was.
RD
I got it.:D lol:rolleyes:

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 05:21 PM
UHHHHHHH....i forgot, were doing Sausages right??
O.K. one more time.....PLEASE...pretty please:rolleyes:
Sorry, I have e-mailed the information to the participating people, plenty!

dicudmore
06-14-2004, 05:59 PM
No you were right on your guess.. to explain the joke yes it has to do with the curve of the blades.. but the "joke" was that it was a guess as to which kind of prop it was, and by looking at the wound I was giving advice on how to "tune" the prop to get more performance out of the boat. Turns out it wasn't nearly as funny as I thought it was.
RD
it was funny......:D

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 06:40 PM
it was funny......:D
Unless you ever lost an argument with a prop before....... ;) :D

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 06:41 PM
After the ER visit
Feeling no pain there...... eh?:D

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 06:50 PM
That was after Dr. Ahhells liquid medication.....(coors light)
:)

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 06:51 PM
That was after Dr. Ahhells liquid medication.....(coors light)
:)
I see the prescription is still in his hand....:cool:

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Isn't he cute!!!

ahhell
06-14-2004, 06:54 PM
After the ER visit
I pescribed Samuel Adams Dammit....I guess generic will have to do;) :D :D

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Fewer calories and carbs in the generic......!

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 06:55 PM
I think the 12 he drank kinda worked?!?!:)

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 06:57 PM
I think the 12 he drank kinda worked?!?!:)
My first clue was the nearly crossed eyes!

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 07:01 PM
Still think he is cute!

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Still think he is cute!
That's good, but you are supposed to!!!!!!!! LOL

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 07:05 PM
:D :D

prop check
06-14-2004, 09:08 PM
I can feel your pain with the whole prop job.... Mine only landed me 6 stitches to replace my toe....But on the lighter side the prop ended up at the bottom of the delta still attatched to the ski boat..... Oh what a trip!!!

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 09:09 PM
YOU lost your boat?!?!:(

Scream
06-14-2004, 09:16 PM
Looks like a 24 pitch Bravo I to me... Looks like ya need to add a little "cup" to the prop to get more out of it. ;) :D
(Have scream explain it to ya.. it was a boat joke)
RD
LMAO...
Thanks RD, That was funny...

prop check
06-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Yes and that was only the beginning. Total loss for the weekend
1- ski boat sunk!!!!
1- toe almost lost
1- blender (burned up)
2 - rental ski boats (mechanical)
2- coffee makers
1- jetski (mechanical)
and more cash than I can count........
BUT, worth every bit because it was a fun trip.

PlyaPlya22
06-14-2004, 09:19 PM
I see you have the right idea for a pain killer. Speedy recovery to you my man!!

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by prop check
Yes and that was only the beginning. Total loss for the weekend
1- ski boat sunk!!!!
1- toe almost lost
1- blender (burned up)
2 - rental ski boats (mechanical)
2- coffee makers
1- jetski (mechanical)
and more cash than I can count........
BUT, worth every bit because it was a fun trip.
OK, I can see everything there, legit, boats sink....toe meets prop, prop wins....I've burned up blenders, Rental boats aren't maintained that well, so ok, they could break, jet ski's can bust up too, Please explain the coffee makers to me................. ;)

Scream
06-14-2004, 09:22 PM
I'll be all right. I've got a good story to tell for a while is all.
I'm already recovered. I went golfing today, sucked at it, and apparantly nothing has changed. LOL

PlyaPlya22
06-14-2004, 09:23 PM
I'll be all right. I've got a good story to tell for a while is all.
I'm already recovered. I went golfing today, sucked at it, and apparantly nothing has changed. LOL
That's when you know your OK.:D

prop check
06-14-2004, 09:25 PM
the first coffee maker on/off switch melted and the second had no perk in it's percolator we had to start the coffee the night before to get it in the morning. but it was all good because the drinks were cold and the water was great.

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 09:27 PM
As long as you had a good time...................;)

Beautiful Noise
06-14-2004, 09:38 PM
Scream Sorry to hear of your Accident glad your alright could of been alot worst:) Thats why Props were made to be under the Boat:D

Dr. Eagle
06-15-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by prop check
the first coffee maker on/off switch melted and the second had no perk in it's percolator we had to start the coffee the night before to get it in the morning. but it was all good because the drinks were cold and the water was great.
My first Shasta Houseboat trip was a dinger too. We had the generator go to overvoltage, and it eventually burned out every light fixture in the boat, and several appliances...
Didn't help that my friend (the Crane Technician) jumped out the safety that was shutting the generator down...:rolleyes:

Scream
06-15-2004, 02:31 PM
My first Shasta Houseboat trip was a dinger too. We had the generator go to overvoltage, and it eventually burned out every light fixture in the boat, and several appliances...
Didn't help that my friend (the Crane Technician) jumped out the safety that was shutting the generator down...:rolleyes:
Did he at least have the good sense to "un" mickey mouse the electrical BEFORE returning it? LOL
Sounds like something my little brother would do.

THATJEFFGUY
06-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Hey Scream, your new prop cover was sent out today....use it next time !! :D

dicudmore
06-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by THATJEFFGUY
sounds like good advice

Scream
06-16-2004, 06:05 PM
Thanks Jeff, I got the invoice emailed today and I'll be sending it out tomorrow. I appreciate your help with keeping me safe...
Scream <---for good reasons only.

Debbolas
06-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by THATJEFFGUY
Your check is in the mail!
;)