PDA

View Full Version : New Cheyenne Pics

Ken F
06-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Duane picked up the new Cheyenne at Dorsey trailers today, and towed it to HTP for rigging! It's looking like I may have a boat in time for the roost after all!
Ken F
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3085/5520Chey6-13front.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3085/5520Chey6-13side.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3085/5520Chey6-13rear.jpg

Hallett19
06-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Is that the same hull as the Ultra Shadow ? The top looks different.

Ken F
06-13-2004, 10:05 PM
No, it's from the original Cheyenne mold.
This is the first one that has been popped, and weighs 450.
Ken F

Jake W
06-14-2004, 03:56 AM
Ken the Ultra Shadow is a Cheyenne bottom and the second or first deck design so yes it it pretty much the same bottom as your boat all though you have had the bottom work done to it.
It is looking good ,did you scrap the trailer you made?
I thought you said you were going to rig it your self?
Either way it will be good to see the FORD in it.You runnin OTs or TTs.
Jake:D

Ken F
06-14-2004, 05:51 AM
Jake,
Okay on the Ultra-I'm not familiar with them.
The trailer is one that Duane had made for the next Cheyenne out of the mold, it's not mine. Dorsey just used my boat for measurements to make up a jig for the boat. Ruggs and I are still working on mine, though it is made exactly like the one pictured.
Going with TT headers, and the same BBF I had in the Omega, but freshened up. I was going to rig it, but the Roost is sneaking up fast on us, and Duane and Brian can do it much faster than I. (and I'm sure much more professionally) The only part that pisses me off is that Brian is going to get to be the first one to drive it! lol

RandyH
06-14-2004, 05:54 AM
Wow Ken, Looks great. Cant wait to see it in person. I like the all white with the blue rub rail. Looks clean. Pump looks good. What kind of power you lookin at? Seems like those Cheyennes look good with twin turbos too :wink:
Keep the pictures coming,
RandyH

Ken F
06-14-2004, 06:19 AM
Thanks Randy! I'm really looking forward to seeing your boat at the roost too!
I love the gel on it.
Ken

Mike Schmidt
06-14-2004, 03:26 PM
clean looking hull, here is a pic of my Ultra for comparison. Its for sale by the way (no shame).

Ken F
06-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Mike,
Thanks for putting up the pic of your boat. I've never seen one, but it sure looks just like a cheyenne! Do you have any idea what your hull weighs?
Sure do like the interior & Graphics!
Ken

Mike Schmidt
06-14-2004, 05:29 PM
These boats typically come out a bit heavy, about 400 lbs, but if you have enough HP you ca n compensate. If interested, here is a pic of the power. THX for the compliments, all I need is a buyer (new boat on the way)

HotRod Sprint
06-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Ken, looking good. Keep the pics coming. When are you going to spray the color?
Rod

Bense468
06-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Mike Schmidt
These boats typically come out a bit heavy, about 400 lbs, but if you have enough HP you ca n compensate. If interested, here is a pic of the power. THX for the compliments, all I need is a buyer (new boat on the way)
400 lbs is not heavy. I think the ultra tunnels are a lot heavier then that.
By the way Ken....the boat looks good. So does yours mike. good luck selling.

signmaster
06-14-2004, 07:41 PM
If you dont mind me asking how much does that hull cost and who would be a contact?

Ken F
06-14-2004, 08:48 PM
SM, I bought mine through Duane at
www.Hi-techperformance.com
There are several different options available as extras which effect the price, as well as the number of colors you pick for gelcoat. Best thing to do would be call Duane and let him know what you would like, and let him price it for you.
They are very competitavly priced, about a grand less than the new edge stealth's, and a much better qualitiy boat as far as the craftsmanship goes-but Duane can explain all that to you. (316) 794- 8616
Roger Leas who owns the R&D Express owns a 2003 Stealth, and the difference in quality and craftsmanship is easy to see when you see the two side by side.
I was considering a stealth, but after seeing the quality of this boat, I'm really glad I made the decision I did.
Ken F

Cs19
06-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Great looking boat Ken F.
I have not really been following your progress, so you may have already gone over this.
Are you running that low pro intake or are you going with a normal one?
Also, when you have those guys rig it, do you know where your placing the engine yet? How far from the transom? Also, are you going to set the rails on the stringer at an angle or are you going to mount them paralell to the stringers?Back seat, or 2 buckets only?
Thanks..cs

Ken F
06-15-2004, 04:38 AM
CS, it is the new low profile intake by Agressor. It really shoots the water directly into the pump...hardly any bend at all!
I'm not sure about Engine placement as of yet, Duane and I had a long converstation last night going over details, and he's going to try and get the engine set for the preliminary fit today.
I'm sure the rails will be set parallel with the stringers. Don't quite understand what you are talking about having them set at an angle, or why.
I'm having a back seat built, after all, it's going to be a lake boat. Put quite a bit of thought into that part, and decided to go with the back seat.
I had two 21 gallon tanks made for the tunnels by Imco. They were test fitted yesterday, and fit like a glove! Good job Imco.
Ken F

Cs19
06-15-2004, 08:07 AM
Sounds good Ken.I would love to see pics of those tanks and how you mounted them.
Ive seen guys install rails at an angle, I am 99 % sure Duane has done them that way.
Keep us posted on the progress..Cs19

Bense468
06-15-2004, 11:20 AM
They mount the rails at an angle on the stringers for driveline angle.

Ken F
06-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Okay, Duh. Yes, I've seen them mounted that way too. Yes, I'm sure Duane has done them as such also. In answer to your original question, probably won't know until today. Duane was going to hoist the engine into the boat to get an idea of what, how when & why, then start in on the mount system. Kind of needed to eyeball things, and figure how he was going to do it before starting to build parts.
CS, I'll post a pic of the tank laid in the hull in a few minutes. Should be getting a picture update from Duane soon also.
Ken
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5520TankS.jpg

Jake W
06-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Ken I have seen Rogers Stealth in person and if your Cheyenne is made better than it, it must be perfect because I seem to recall I was inpressed on how well it was made.
Your boat is looking alot like the R and D Express slap some Aggressor and HiTech stickers on her and bam Roger could run it instead.He said he liked his Cheyenne better any way.
The flow coat looks nice and clean you gona cover it up with carpet?

calperf19
06-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Wanna Race for Pinks?
Come on kenny it 's just a little california performance!!!!
Later BK

Ken F
06-16-2004, 04:23 AM
Jake,
Nope, no carpet at least at first. I'm going to try it without and see how slick it gets when wet. If it works out okay with none, then no.
Obviously, I've seen the Stealth up close too, and that is where the comparison came from. And yes, it is way better craftsmanship. Wait until you see it in person, you will be able to see the difference right away. There is a little difference in HP between rogers boat & mine! Don't think he'd have quite so much fun in mine...
Bk, at this point, I'm not sure I can row fast enough to beat you! lol..gettin old you know. Are you plannning to go to TP4? Ruggs and I are planning to tow out your way in August for the event.
Possibly we could "compare" then.
Ken

Jay321
06-16-2004, 05:59 AM
Ken she sure is looking good. I bet your chomping at the bit. The ultra is a nice looking boat. If you will notice the deck on the ultra is raised in the center about the amount that the cheyenne is recessed. This is the only difference that I am aware of. The ultra was the first mold that Faldo, Papp and someone else did. The cheyenne was the second. I was told that the deck on the ultra would act funny at high speed. I am not sure what funny is but they dropped the center vs. raising it and to them it solved this behavior they expereienced during testing. Thus the cheyenne is the boats that were built. Good Luck Jay

Ken F
06-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Jay, thanks again for the history lesson!
Good to know. It would be interesting to know just what kind of behavior the deck mods made wouldn't it? I know that jsut a slight change can make a huge difference. Was talking with Duane the other day, and he said that just putting a set of skis in the front of his 23' KK would make enough difference that he could tell it in the ride.
You are SO right about chomping Jay!
I feel like a 6 year old on Christmas Eve, but morning is sure taking a long time to get here! lol
Ken

calperf19
06-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Ken,
As usual just messing with ya! Keep up the good work!!! That thing is bad ass
Later BK

Jake W
06-16-2004, 12:36 PM
Ken its good it came out to be the quality you expected or more so.
When I ask you questions it is because it is intresting to me not because I am trying to pick it a part.
I sence some doubt in your responces.
Any way looks great.
Does he have the mold or plan on making any 19,18 gullwings?

Ken F
06-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Jake, no offense taken! I knew where you were coming from.....it's all good.
Thanks for your interest . You amaze me how many boat facts you remember! See what you get for asking questions? lol
On the TX-19, there will be one being produced within the next year.
Ken

calperf19
06-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Ken,
What is and where is tp4? and on what dates? Im thinking if I can get his thing together in time I'm going to the CBBB in august and to the freeboard challenge in october. Let me know and hopefully we can meet up!
Later BK

Ken F
06-16-2004, 07:16 PM
BK, Just go to www.laidbackboaters.com and click on "towerpark info" Aug.20-22
Would be great if you could make it!
Ken

Mike Schmidt
06-17-2004, 05:54 AM
Interesting reading on the top design of the Ultra vs Cheyenne.
My personnel experience is that the Ultra rides tru and straight @ 95+, no problems at all. I was not aware thet Tom Papp had anything to do with the design of the Ultra. I believe that alot of the ride quality depends on the pump set up. I run full set back, 5 degree Mersch (custom) intake, Agressor half drop (full drug in the water) place deverter, b/c impeller. Bowl & impeller detailed by Jack McClure. By the way, I have re-positioned my motor twice, and have found that setting as far forward as possible (11-12 inch driveshaft) has worked best, this does not leave alot of room in the back seat, but I am not sitting back there!