PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Passport? Help!

BrendellaJet
06-14-2004, 05:24 AM
Wife lost her wallet. We are supposed to go to Hawaii Tuesday evening. Talked to several people at the airline who are giving conflicting stories about the required ID. Anyone know how/where to get a passport in a day and a half?
Or, if you happen to know what will work as far as ID goes, we have credit card with pic/maiden name, birth cert, marrieage cert, and two SS cards, one with maiden, and other with my last name. A person at the airline said that this would be sufficient, but I want to make sure it is.
Anyone?

diggler
06-14-2004, 05:47 AM
You can get an emergency passport in a day. However, it will require travelling to the nearest Federal Office. (when I lived in Detroit, it was in Chicago..... bitch of a drive for one day). They will issue it to you within a few hours after showing up.
Good luck, it's a pain in the ass, but it's possible.

OGShocker
06-14-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by BrendellaJet
Wife lost her wallet. We are supposed to go to Hawaii Tuesday evening. Talked to several people at the airline who are giving conflicting stories about the required ID. Anyone know how/where to get a passport in a day and a half?
Or, if you happen to know what will work as far as ID goes, we have credit card with pic/maiden name, birth cert, marrieage cert, and two SS cards, one with maiden, and other with my last name. A person at the airline said that this would be sufficient, but I want to make sure it is.
Anyone?
Call the Airline you are using. They will tell you what to do.
Good Luck!!!
OGS

Rexone
06-14-2004, 05:55 AM
I did not realize you need a passport to go to Hawaii. Never been.

bilgewiper
06-14-2004, 05:58 AM
Hawaii is the 50th state. It's just like going to Arizona or Nevada etc. No passport needed

diggler
06-14-2004, 06:01 AM
Need valid "official" picture ID to travel anywhere in the contiguous US via airplane. (e.g. student ID's don't work, it has to be at least state government issued).
You can turn a federal passport around in a day, but never a new driver's license. (believe me, I've tried)

Rexone
06-14-2004, 06:03 AM
I should have read the post a little closer... :rolleyes:

uvindex
06-14-2004, 06:28 AM
Need valid "official" picture ID to travel anywhere in the contiguous US via airplane. Hawaii (and Alaska) aren't part of the contiguous US. :D But you're still right about no passport being required.

THATJEFFGUY
06-14-2004, 07:57 AM
Hey, I know a guy ! Down in LA...he can get you a passport, license, birth cert..whatever you want, in about 2 hours :D

C-2
06-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Last I heard (about two weeks ago) no passports on same day - post 911 concerns and they have to be channeled thru immigration - 3wks minimum. This was at the US Post Office and somebody was pitching a fit since they had a vacation overseas planned.
So maybe scrap the passport idea, focus on your other forms of ID.

MagicMtnDan
06-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Hawaii may be out in the middle of the ocean but it's still in the US so you do not need a passport to go there...or come back :D Have a great time!

Cheap Thrills
06-14-2004, 02:26 PM
If you lost your passport and ID heres an easy solution.
If it's just a Legal ID you need to board the plane.
If you remember your drivers licenses number. it helps
go to the DMV with your birth cert. Social sec card and get a duplicate licenses . get there early in the morning when they unlock the door and you should be out before lunch time.
you dont need a passport for Hawaii. I'de almost bet you would be weeks getting a replacement passport.
Been there done that .
C.T.:wink:

Cole Sanger
06-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Pre-911 you could fly to Oakland, Ca and get a passport the same day. I almost had to do that once for work.