PDA

View Full Version : Purple Haze

SILVERWING
06-14-2004, 08:00 AM
RIVER DAVE

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-14-2004, 08:02 AM
thats a nice boat.. but it's missing the prop.. do they tow without it?:confused:

welk2party
06-14-2004, 08:06 AM
Most likey they tow without the prop. I know I do!

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-14-2004, 08:08 AM
yah we should too.. to many people kick them and get hurt.. LOL!! note to self.. "Get a prop cover" LOL!!:D

SILVERWING
06-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Yep, that's the boat.. :) Did you end up buying it?
RD
THATS THE CHP'S BOAT HE SOLD IT AND NOW HE IS SORRY HE SOLD IT. i OWN THE PINK ONE ITS IN ***boat THIS MONTH

SILVERWING
06-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by SILVERWING
RIVER DAVE

Kachina26
06-14-2004, 10:48 AM
That one used to belong to one our customers, he likes his new (to him) advantage party cat. But how can you not miss having a ride like that.

SILVERWING
06-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
That one used to belong to one our customers, he likes his new (to him) advantage party cat. But how can you not miss having a ride like that.
HE SAID WAS NOT TO THRILL WITH HIS NEW RIDE I TALKED TO HIM 2 OR 3 WEEKS AGO HE MAY HAVE CHANED HIS MIND ABOUT IT

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
yah we should too.. to many people kick them and get hurt.. LOL!! note to self.. "Get a prop cover" LOL!!:D
Better to kick the prop than get impailed on the propshaft!

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-14-2004, 11:24 AM
ewwwww ouch.. Note to self.. just stay away from the back of the boat ... period.. LOL!! :D

jackpunx
06-14-2004, 11:27 AM
lol..
that boat looks like it gives a little pucker

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2004, 11:31 AM
ewwwww ouch.. Note to self.. just stay away from the back of the boat ... period.. LOL!! :D
That's kind of my plan...... LOL......

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 12:32 PM
LOL;)
Debbolas<--------------ordering prop cover ASAP!

Kachina26
06-14-2004, 01:14 PM
HE SAID WAS NOT TO THRILL WITH HIS NEW RIDE I TALKED TO HIM 2 OR 3 WEEKS AGO HE MAY HAVE CHANED HIS MIND ABOUT IT
I talked to him right before or after he picked up the boat, he was jazzed about it, then. That sucks if he doesn't like the new one, nothing worse than not liking your ride.

mmered8299
06-14-2004, 01:27 PM
What do you do in the back seat? Smack the driver in the head when he goes too fast?

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by mmered8299
What do you do in the back seat? Smack the driver in the head when he goes too fast?
I smacked my dentist on the side of the head once, by accident....

jockorace
06-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Hey guys,
Just thought I'd fill you in on Harolds old boat. I have it here in Minnesota, however I've yet to run it due to a mishap while transporting it out here a few months ago.
I met my son halfway in Wyoming, we switched boats (I sold that black 21' Eliminator V-drive to a guy in NorCal). Unfortunately, Stevie forgot to drain the block,manifolds, etc. before going over the Rockies. Yep, cracked BOTH custom PFM exhaust manifolds. Of course you cannot find these now anywhere. Just when I was going to build custom tubular headers, I found a guy in Michigan who can weld them (even internal cracks). He said 2-weeks, it's going on 7-weeks now. Oh well. I may just yank the turbos off and but my spare blower on it, but then it will be noisy, like my other boats.
Thanks for the thread, it helped me vent! Jocko

SILVERWING
06-15-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by jockorace
Hey guys,
Just thought I'd fill you in on Harolds old boat. I have it here in Minnesota, however I've yet to run it due to a mishap while transporting it out here a few months ago.
I met my son halfway in Wyoming, we switched boats (I sold that black 21' Eliminator V-drive to a guy in NorCal). Unfortunately, Stevie forgot to drain the block,manifolds, etc. before going over the Rockies. Yep, cracked BOTH custom PFM exhaust manifolds. Of course you cannot find these now anywhere. Just when I was going to build custom tubular headers, I found a guy in Michigan who can weld them (even internal cracks). He said 2-weeks, it's going on 7-weeks now. Oh well. I may just yank the turbos off and but my spare blower on it, but then it will be noisy, like my other boats.
Thanks for the thread, it helped me vent! Jocko
HERE IS ANOTHER PIC OF YOUR BOAT

Tom Brown
06-15-2004, 07:18 AM
Fantastic boat. Keep us posted on your progress with it, Jackorace. :cool:
Hey SILVERWING... how goes?

SILVERWING
06-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Fantastic boat. Keep us posted on your progress with it, Jackorace. :cool:
Hey SILVERWING... how goes?
GOOD HEADING TO THE RIVER THIS WEEKEND, WILLOW VALLEY
BY THE WAY HOW IS YOUR BOAT COMMING ALONG

Tom Brown
06-15-2004, 07:49 AM
I'm heading out to the shop to work on it tonight. I hope to be back on the water in two to three weeks. :)
Take it easy, bud... :cool:

Kachina26
06-24-2004, 06:03 PM
Talked to him today, he went beyond less than thrilled with it and said he hated it. As a matter of fact he no longer owns it. I told him we were talking about him, so he may chime in before too long.

dicudmore
06-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Talked to him today, he went beyond less than thrilled with it and said he hated it. As a matter of fact he no longer owns it. I told him we were talking about him, so he may chime in before too long.
another happy advantage owner :confused:

THATJEFFGUY
06-24-2004, 10:29 PM
did someone say PROP COVER ??
http://members.aol.com/coolcovercanopy/coolprop1
http://members.aol.com/coolcovercanopy/coolprop5
E-mail me here for a Prop Cover (coolcovercanopy@aol.com)
Check out my website for your custom canopy too Cool Cover Canopy (http://coolcovercanopy.com)

PurpleHaze
06-25-2004, 04:52 PM
okay, okay, I'm chiming in. Big no sh-ter, I really miss Purplehaze. this cruising at 30-40mph is BS. I went from Corvette to School bus and I'm having withdrawls.
That Silverwing hull in without a doubt the best handling and riding boat I've ever been in. I could cruise down Topock at 60mph on GPS, 2 people, half tank of fuel and be pulling 2 inches of vacuum! How good is that? Roll into the turbo's a little and little, about 6-8lbs of boost, and instant 80-85mph. All Gps no BS. 103 flat out with a 26-4 and no rev limiter. Never scary, rock solid. Why did I sell it you ask? I'm still asking my self that. You know Family, friends, grand kids, trying to practical. All that BS stuff. : )
Sorry to hear the manifolds got broken Mr Jocko, I was wondering why I never heard nothing after the boat left here. It must be pure HELL sitting there looking at the boat and not being able to drive it.
I sold the Advantage Party Bus, I mean Cat. Not fast enough. Now I am working on a Conquest with a Whippled 502. I hope it satisfies my need for speed and the wifes need for room. I'm sure this boat in known along the strip, I have heard about it already. He has a house in the keys. Last name Smith. I'm having it checked out before I buy. So far so good.
If the Conquest don't work, I swear, I'm building a new Silverwing. Aluminum small block, supercharged, bravo 1.............sweet. Dirty rotten copper............

PurpleHaze
06-25-2004, 04:59 PM
You have the OB Silverwing. I talked to you at Wilkes? HH

Debbolas
06-26-2004, 07:17 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=765676
Nice!:D