PDA

View Full Version : very, very politically INcorrect

dirty old man
06-14-2004, 08:31 AM
Have you noticed the extreme number of commercials on network, cable and independent TV, and that now have between 10 and 100% African Americans (whether they fit or not)? It seems there is 100% employment for blacks. I'm white and need a job.

Nubbs
06-14-2004, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm all for using the right person for the right job, but in some cases it just don't fit.

AngryJosh
06-14-2004, 08:44 AM
I'm just glad that AMERICANS are getting work. No matter what color their skin is. I'm sorry about your situation, but instead of complaining, try making something happen for yourself!!
I served with many Americans in the Marines, and they may have had different colored skin, but the thing I found was that we all watched each others back, and we all pulled the trigger equally well. And yes, I'm speaking from experience. There was many times my ass was in a sling while in Iraq, and I didnt care about the color of AMERICAN shooting along side me.
:mad: :mad: :mad: AngryJosh

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-14-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by AngryJosh
I'm just glad that AMERICANS are getting work. No matter what color their skin is. I'm sorry about your situation, but instead of complaining, try making something happen for yourself!!
I served with many Americans in the Marines, and they may have had different colored skin, but the thing I found was that we all watched each others back, and we all pulled the trigger equally well. And yes, I'm speaking from experience. There was many times my ass was in a sling while in Iraq, and I didnt care about the color of AMERICAN shooting along side me.
that is a great post.. I love it.. we are all green. ;)

LaveyJet
06-14-2004, 08:48 AM
. I'm sorry about your situation, but instead of complaining, try making something happen for yourself!!
Couldn't agree more.

riverbound
06-14-2004, 09:00 AM
Have you noticed the extreme number of commercials on network, cable and independent TV, and that now have between 10 and 100% African Americans (whether they fit or not)? It seems there is 100% employment for blacks. I'm white and need a job.
I think both of you are saying the same thing. Dirty old man is complaining because blacks are getting jobs BECAUSE of the color of their skin while more qualified people are getting passed over. Angry Josh is also talking about people not being judged because of the color of their skin but their skills. I have nothing against Black people the ones that I do have a problem with are the people that feel they should get treated special because of their skin color. I hire/fire people based on their actions not skin type, but every time I have fired a black person it was implied that I was firing them because they were black or I was told they are going to report me to the NAACP. I have even not hired people that were black to later get a call or letter That they felt like they did not get hired because of their skin color but that is b/s I didn't hire them because they have no skills.

HCS
06-14-2004, 09:09 AM
I was in a situation once where the employer had to decide to
lay off me or the other guy. They laid off the other guy. He happen
to be black. So he sued. Claiming the only reason they didn't keep
him was because he was black. Who knows, maybe he was right.:rolleyes:

Havasu_Dreamin
06-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by riverbound
I have nothing against Black people the ones that I do have a problem with are the people that feel they should get treated special because of their skin color. I hire/fire people based on their actions not skin type, but every time I have fired a black person it was implied that I was firing them because they were black or I was told they are going to report me to the NAACP. I have even not hired people that were black to later get a call or letter That they felt like they did not get hired because of their skin color but that is b/s I didn't hire them because they have no skills.
EXACTLY! Hire based on qualifications, not skin color! Affirmative Action programs have gone too far. Some businesses are still run by idiots and they need to have laws in place to prevent them from discriminating. But remember, discrimination can go both ways. In an effort to protect one particular group you can not discriminate another group, kinda like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Rev. Williams
06-14-2004, 09:20 AM
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH !!!!
I'm all American but I can't take this anymore..... It's like hey, you served, great and thanks. But since there hasn't been a draft in over 20 years I'd have to assume you inlisted on your own and being in combat is part (hell it's the biggest part) of why the goverment spends all this money to train you. I think people have lost the understanding of what the term G.I stands for. GOVERMENT ISSUE.... That means the goverment (the one I personally pay $thousands too each year to protect me with their armys) owns you and you are going to do what your told. It's not just a free ride to get money for school and to just hangout for a few years.
And now, what the hell does it have to do with what Dirty Old Man has to say? He's talking about reverse discrimination and that fact that the average white male now has a harder time finding work due to companys having to maintain certain hiring quotas.
Sorry to vent, but I can stands till I can't stand no more! :D :D

cdog
06-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Notice how on just about every movie these days they cast a white girl with a black guy. When is the last time you saw this as the norm in everyday life? I think it's a agenda of hollywoods to push this on people. Sad to say, I think the idiots are winning.
I'm not racist i'm just protecting my culture.

King Kuracz
06-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by cdog
Notice how on just about every movie these days they cast a white girl with a black guy. When is the last time you saw this as the norm in everyday life? I think it's a agenda of hollywoods to push this on people. Sad to say, I think the idiots are winning.
I'm not racist i'm just protecting my culture.
That was no MOVIE, that was the Jerry Springer show! :D

alfonzo
06-14-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by riverbound
I think both of you are saying the same thing. Dirty old man is complaining because blacks are getting jobs BECAUSE of the color of their skin while more qualified people are getting passed over. Angry Josh is also talking about people not being judged because of the color of their skin but their skills. I have nothing against Black people the ones that I do have a problem with are the people that feel they should get treated special because of their skin color. I hire/fire people based on their actions not skin type, but every time I have fired a black person it was implied that I was firing them because they were black or I was told they are going to report me to the NAACP. I have even not hired people that were black to later get a call or letter That they felt like they did not get hired because of their skin color but that is b/s I didn't hire them because they have no skills.
AMEN!!!!!

cdog
06-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by King Kuracz
That was no MOVIE, that was the Jerry Springer show! :D
Ya' I wish. Turn on MTV and see what your daughter is watching.

MagicMtnDan
06-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Larry Bird wants more white guys in the NBA. Can you jump or shoot hoops? :D

Nubbs
06-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Larry Bird wants more white guys in the NBA. Can you jump or shoot hoops? :D
Larry couldn't jump either. As much as I hated the celtics, he could sure play the game though.

AngryJosh
06-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Rev. Williams,
Blah Blah Blah back at you...Whats Up??? WTF??? What does a free ride, school, and hanging out have to do with anything...Read the post again smart guy.
The fact that I served was only used as an example.The point I really wanted to get across was that these people sit around and complain that "Johnny Black" gets all the love. Again-Get off your ass and make something happen for yourself.
BTW-Nice avatar:D :D

burtandnancy
06-14-2004, 02:34 PM
I think dirty old man was just making an obvious observation. Angry Josh is alright, but this shouldn't pertain to the military, thats a whole different ball game. Seems a few of us have noticed some sort of over reaction by the movie/tv people. I can't shoot even a two pointer from the paint, but not a single Laker can drive my boat my way. (does that make any sense? sounds funny)

AngryJosh
06-14-2004, 02:49 PM
I agree that military is a whole different situation. Maybe not the greatest example, ...just showing how I think. It may be nieve, but I try to view Americans by something other than color.
Of course, I keep myself educated(through the free ride I got from the military), and up to speed on current technology. So I have yet to experience getting passed over for a job, or losing one for that matter...!

ahhell
06-14-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
that is a great post.. I love it.. we are all green. ;)
unfortunately we are not all green, there is trash of every color and the "gov'ment" rewards for 1. color 2. veteran status. 3. gender...my father in law is a white male, he used to work for L.A. county fire. When it comes time for advancement you are/were given a test, answer all correct 100%!!! If you were a female, minority,and veteran you start off with 30% (10% for each of your 'hardships') so when it came time for advancement the test was given the white male gets 85% correct, great! the minority, veteran gets75% correct + 10% for minority + 10% for veteran...all the sudden he's at 95% and if hes a she, she's at 105% and the advancement goes to........you got it!!!
lets work with who you are, not who your ancestors were!!!!

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-14-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ahhell
unfortunately we are not all green, there is trash of every color and the "gov'ment" rewards for 1. color 2. veteran status. 3. gender...my father in law is a white male, he used to work for L.A. county fire. When it comes time for advancement you are/were given a test, answer all correct 100%!!! If you were a female, minority,and veteran you start off with 30% (10% for each of your 'hardships') so when it came time for advancement the test was given the white male gets 85% correct, great! the minority, veteran gets75% correct + 10% for minority + 10% for veteran...all the sudden he's at 95% and if hes a she, she's at 105% and the advancement goes to........you got it!!!
I agree with what you said but from his post when they are fighting for all of us they are all green.. thats all I was saying.. ;)
but I have also taken a test like that for the police station to become a cop and lost it to a minority.. but now aren't the white people minority.. where is the pull for us,.. ;)

Tom Brown
06-14-2004, 03:33 PM
You bring much joy to the forums, Angry Josh. :)

HCS
06-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
There never will be MrsVee, becuase it's called "white supremacy" if you have anything favoring whites.. It's called affirmitive action if it favors other races. :(
RD <--- starting to wish I was born a poor black child, then I coulda been a fireman. :D
Or a garbage collector.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-14-2004, 03:41 PM
or you could apply for welfare and get it..

mike37
06-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by ahhell
Government contracts are the same way
The white guy needs to be 10% less just to be equal

AngryJosh
06-14-2004, 04:53 PM
You bring much joy to the forums, Angry Josh.
Racism is a touchy subject, and your bound to irritate someone when you post things like that. Besides, my name isnt happyjosh!!! Was it the name or the little :mad: :mad: :mad: that made you feel the need to share. Heres some :D :D ;) :) :cool: , there, now can we be friends???
AngryJosh
Oh, by the way. I just got on the fire dept. And I'm white. Must have been that no good veterans preferance.