PDA

View Full Version : Texoma Events Help?

Lake Pirate
06-14-2004, 09:25 AM
I was referred here by a friend at another forum. I was wanting to organize a few events in our marina. I have never set up an event so I was needing to mooch some help. Essentially I was wanting to some drag boat racing or other sport racing that was spectator friendly. I checked about some sanctioned events but I wouldn't have the sponsorship necessary to guarantee the purse size they want and it would take until next season to do something with them anyway. I have a great place which would allow for a huge crowd and I could turn the gate over to the racers. I might can get a little radio sponsorship and maybe some TV but that's about it. Heck... I can even furnish the babes. I just need a means to introduce the public to boating and give hot boats a chance to make a buck and introduce their sport to the masses. Any ideas?

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-14-2004, 11:14 AM
sorry can't help you.. ;)

mirvin
06-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Hey Lake Pirate, if you haven't already, post your question in Hot Spots Central.
mirvin;)

Lake Pirate
06-14-2004, 01:04 PM
Is that hotspotscentral.com? I'll give it a shot. My ultimate goal is to have someone do everything for me and all I have to do is reap the benefits of the exposure. he he...
My second choice is to have a sounding board from someone who's done it before so I can mebbe pull it off on my own.
I'd still like y'all to consider number 1 though! :D

mirvin
06-14-2004, 01:08 PM
No, Hot Spots Central is here on Hot Boats.com. It's just a different section of the forums. It's where people post info on where they're gonna be and what they're gonna be doing. Use the "forum jump" menu below the posts and select Hot Spost Central.
mirvin;)

Seadog
06-14-2004, 01:11 PM
Lake Pirate, at the bottom of the page, is a multi choice listing of the forum sections. On it, go to the Hot Spots Central location. Where at on Texoma are you looking at doing this?

Lake Pirate
06-14-2004, 02:44 PM
Pirate's Cove at Willow Springs. (OK side)

Seadog
06-14-2004, 05:03 PM
I am heading to Texoma this weekend for a gathering of boaters at Bunscombe. I would be interested in hearing more about this if it happens.

Lake Pirate
06-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Visit our club there www.calicojackscantina.com and join our mailing list and I'll keep you abreast of things as they occur. We are an official stop for the Bikini Fun Run this year so, that's a start. I'd really like to see some kick ass racing that spectators (non boaters) can enjoy. I hate to sound like a commercial but if you're at the lake this weekend check out our club. It's "Nawlin's" weekend and we have boats, babes, beads, beer and general Baachanalia. Ask for the Lake Pirate and I'll comp you at the door. I think it's cool to meet people from these sites. As a rule they're pretty cool and never a disappointment.