PDA

View Full Version : I-40 eats 2 boats

Kachina26
06-14-2004, 01:25 PM
On the way out Friday night, I saw a small light blue jetboat up in the dirt minus trailer. It must have been 30 feet or more off of the road. And then on the way home, just over the 2nd grade out of needles there was a Bayliner upside down in the center median. Anyone know what happened? Besides the obvious;)

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Oh No!
That sounds awfull, :(

dicudmore
06-14-2004, 01:30 PM
oops :(

BoatFloating
06-14-2004, 01:40 PM
I hope the dirt is alright from the Bayliner hitting it....;)

hd&boatrider
06-14-2004, 01:45 PM
When I went by it yesterday they were trying to flip it over with a pole....lol WTF!

ahhell
06-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by BoatFloating
I hope the dirt is alright from the Bayliner hitting it....;)
thats wrong......:D :D :D :D :D
saw alot of tracks and burn marks on the 15 back from Mead sunday, but no boats. how 'bout a 7 car smashy on the baker grade...going up...QUIT DRAFTING DIPSHITS....Imho;)

AngryJosh
06-14-2004, 01:47 PM
The Bayliner is disposable, but that sucks anyways. I hope nobody got hurt??

Havasu Luvr
06-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
On the way out Friday night, I saw a small light blue jetboat up in the dirt minus trailer. It must have been 30 feet or more off of the road. And then on the way home, just over the 2nd grade out of needles there was a Bayliner upside down in the center median. Anyone know what happened? Besides the obvious;)
Kachina26, I past that boat on friday afternoon. It was towed with a newer lifted white Chevy truck....the trailer was in the dirt burm (detached) 150' before the boat and it was facing the opposite direction. Drive (male) and passager (female) were aok.
PS. Your ride looks better in person, great meeting you and your boys.......

Debbolas
06-14-2004, 01:52 PM
I counted three accidents between Baker and Barstow Sunday.

ahhell
06-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
I counted three accidents between Baker and Barstow Sunday.
on the other side... HUH... and we get jammed by rubber neckers, what are ya gonna do????;)

79 HUSTLER
06-14-2004, 01:58 PM
You can ask J540 about the jet boat, as it was his daughters boyfriends boat, he has some great pics of the drama. Surprisingly there was very little damage to the boat but not the case for the trailer. Just a reminder to check the nut on you ball!!! KELLY

Debbolas
drive home safely, did ya post your weekend pics yet?;)

cc322
Confirmed........... towing sucks:(

Bre
06-14-2004, 02:01 PM
My dad saw that Bayliner flipped over:eek: The car was still attached to it..and it was rigth side up:confused: That's what he said. I guess he said there were a bunch of cops hiding behind dirt piles too :eek: I'm glad we went the other way home:p

Kachina26
06-14-2004, 02:25 PM
Havasu lover, good to meet you and your crew. Your boat looks much better in pictures J/K:D You have an awesome boat. Kinda figured if I threw this up here someone would know the story behind the jet boat. Glad I don't tow back and forth anymore.

wedge44
06-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Hey John (j540) is larissa Ok... you didn't call back>>>

FRENCHIE
06-14-2004, 03:03 PM
ALso saw the boat this weekend going up! Great time hangin out with Kachina 26, Havasu lvr, and mr PErfect Tremor this weekend...until we do it agian!;)

sigepmock
06-14-2004, 03:50 PM
We passed the jet boat in the rocks next to the 40. It looked like everyone was ok and there was a guy sitting in the boat with a beer in his hand posing for a picture. Funny as hell, I wished I had a camera.
Chris

J540
06-14-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by sigepmock
We passed the jet boat in the rocks next to the 40. It looked like everyone was ok and there was a guy sitting in the boat with a beer in his hand posing for a picture. Funny as hell, I wished I had a camera.
Chris
Not A beer just diet coke:D 79 hustler said it all ; mental note A,dont used a 3/4"shank in a 1"hole on hitch. B; make sure nut on ball is tight. C; have good tow chains:D . if not your junk may be the next boat all junked up in the dirt;) :D ;)

Havasu Luvr
06-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by J540
Not A beer just diet coke:D 79 hustler said it all ; mental note A,dont used a 3/4"shank in a 1"hole on hitch. B; make sure nut on ball is tight. C; have good tow chains:D . if not your junk may be the next boat all junked up in the dirt;) :D ;)
Hey John,
Glad to hear everyone is ok. I drove by sat morning and saw your ride parked in J32 but no one was up and around. Saw you in the channel later that morning. Yeld for you but there was noway you were going to hear me over that SICK horse you have for a engine, beside you had a little guy driving it and you were pretty tenitive. Saw your ride in Topock but by the time we got seated I herd your ride fire up and you were headed back. Maybe next time :)

Brian Ray
06-14-2004, 04:23 PM
D*mn....:( That's one nice looking boat....glad the boat is alright and everyone involved. Man, sh*t like that you just have to say, "well, it can't get much worst" you have only yourself to blame. Been in some situation myself but nothing like seeing my boat on rocks in the middle of the desert. ;)
-Brian

Garrddogg
06-14-2004, 04:47 PM
OUCH that hurts..glad to hear everyone is ok!:D

J540
06-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Luvr
Hey John,
Glad to hear everyone is ok. I drove by sat morning and saw your ride parked in J32 but no one was up and around. Saw you in the channel later that morning. Yeld for you but there was noway you were going to hear me over that SICK horse you have for a engine, beside you had a little guy driving it and you were pretty tenitive. Saw your ride in Topock but by the time we got seated I herd your ride fire up and you were headed back. Maybe next time :)
Sorry we did'nt hookup, for sure next time,I will be back out thur,so if you are around stop in.
I was 50mi. back when i got a call, DAD the trailer came off the truck:eek: and the trailer did 2 flips after the boat came off of it:eek: :eek: and the boat hit a dirt ramp ,(by now you got to understand, i got this IMG. in my head of what happen:D ) and it flew so high (now this is Her give'n me the run down) then stop 60' from the trailer. OOOK well now. i will be ther in a min,this call came in 15 min after she called and said the a/c went out in the truck :D boy its going to be a hot one for you.WELL it got hotter for them all right. but we stayed up till 1:00am got it all fixed Thanks to my pal Greg (acceptance)on the boards here. and a way BIG Thanks to vini from warlock boats him and his friends stayed and helped till the boat was on the trailer. these guys are so funny thay all got in the boat and keep tell'n my wife to take a picture:D Then we bumped in to them at the Havasushi and the pizza place, this guy can eat.any way all was good boat had very little damage and ran all day saturday from AVI. to havasu.

mbrown2
06-14-2004, 05:03 PM
boat had very little damage and ran all day saturday from AVI. to havasu.
Great ending to very scary story...

J540
06-14-2004, 05:12 PM
i will try to post the pic,s but not sure how to put them on without being an attachment so if any of you can help that would be cool, or if it easier i could e-mail them and you can put them up:D :D or let me know you can call me if its easier.

Phat Matt
06-14-2004, 06:21 PM
I knew Lake Mead was low, but damn! :eek: Where's the rocks bouy? :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=740440

Garrddogg
06-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Phat Matt
I knew Lake Mead was low, but damn! :eek: Where's the rocks bouy? :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=740440 \
That was fuggin FUNNY !:D

unleashed
06-14-2004, 06:34 PM
Wow, That is a crazy story. Glad to see everyone is ok and the boat is fine. The boat looks so shiny and new in that photo that you would never believe it flew off the trailer. Damn Lucky!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil: